Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
My OBGAI 18 weeks is OVER!!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:47 am      Reply with quote
Iam really tired so I will write more later but Iam on maintenance from now on. My skin is glowing and I could not be happier. I do not have a before/after photo. In a nut shell until I run out of the Nu Derm products I will be using the cleanser/toner/clear every day and night along w/my Vit C and SS. Only 2 times per week will I use the Exforderm Forte and the Retin A. When each product is finished I can start the Vit C line which is not as strong and is a cleanser serum day lotion and night cream using the SS and 1-2 night retin A. The Hydrayroin is on 4 percent in Europe it is banned I know because they were using 10 percent from the article in AJM. So anyway I also had a free microderm and a hydration facial last night. So I will write more later just a quick overview. I could have stayed w/NuDerm but will see how this line works same results just not as many steps and not as intense. Very Happy Very Happy Dale
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:50 am      Reply with quote
Congratulations redhead and I'm happy you had great success with Obagi. It sounds like you have a good maintenance plan in place. Please let us know how things go and if you are able to maintain your glowing skin.

I have wrapped up my 18 weeks as well (I thought I was a little behind you but I guess not; I started mid-November) and have begun using Osmosis products. I had good results with Obagi regarding hyperpigmentation and fine lines but I still have lots of pore congestion. Like you, I am happy like to ease off of the intensity of the NuDerm line.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
thank you both for sharing. I am starting on obagi as soon as it arrives in the mail. Please keep updating. Did you both have good improvement with fine lines? how about overall skin texture, more youthful appearance?
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
yes to both fine line around the mouth are gone and the texture of my skin is so smooth
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi petu,

Yes, I had good improvement with fine lines and hyperpigmentation but I'm still having issues with my skin texture in general (still rough and bumpy in areas). I believe my current problems are due to pore congestion which I thought the Retin-A would have taken care of but mine must be pretty stubborn. Smile Overall I'm happy with the results I got from Obagi but my skin is still not quite smooth.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:16 am      Reply with quote
it sounds like generally you both had some good improvements. sorry you didn't quite get the results you wanted mamawalnut. i will review when i am done as well. what skin types are you?
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:33 am      Reply with quote
My skin type is techinically combination since my cheeks are fairly normal but my T Zone is so oily (especially the nose) that I usually just think of my skin as oily. I really did have good results with Obagi and am very glad I used it; it just didn't make me totally flawless as it seems to for many people. My area of most improvement would have to be hyperpigmentation; I had a friend ask me the other day, "Where did your freckles go?" Smile As long as you can tough out the early stages I think you will be pleased with the results. What kind of issues are you hoping to treat with Obagi?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:51 am      Reply with quote
wow! you know something worked when other people notice Smile I am hoping to treat fine lines, skin texture, and some light hyperpigmentation. I am 31, fair with dry thin skin. I guess i want it more plumpy, if that's a word, the lines around my eyes really bug me, and i tend to look better with some sheer foundation, so if the little bit of hyperpigmentation was gone, it would be nice.
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck petu and I hope you get beautiful skin with Obagi. You may have already read through the numerous threads on this forum about Obagi but if you haven't yet it would be a good idea. There can be some difficult early weeks in which you experience redness, dryness, peeling, etc... and it helps to get an idea from others who have been through it of what to expect. It is also exciting to read about others' final results. Keep us posted.

By the way, the "dry thin skin" part of your description caught my eye. Be careful with the products since they are quite strong as a system; if your skin is on the fragile side to start with you don't want to bombard it too heavily or quickly. You might want to use the products sparingly for the first week or so to see how your skin is going to react. My skin is oily and resistant but I still turned beet red and peeled like a snake. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
thanks MAmawalnut,

i have rad through the other threads on the forum. I must admit. i am still confused. I understand your concern about my thin dry skin, i have the same concern. The problem is, i have heard varying opinions, about whether retin A, thinkens or thins the skin. i don't know which is right? I will be sure to be catious though, and I am a little scared, I don't want to end up with no skin!!! I will be sure to keep you posted though
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:20 am      Reply with quote
Both opinions are right. Retin A is supposed to help thin the outer layer of skin while thickening the deeper layers of the skin at the same time. The outer layer tends to get thicker and duller as we age so thinning it a bit for most people is not as bad as it sounds. Since you have thin skin already though you are wise to be cautious.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
thanks mamawalnut Smile hopefull my skin with thicken where it needs to.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |