Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Well, I tried my new KH last night....

...to set the stage, I had rolled on Friday, and was peeling by Sunday. I used my microfiber mitt a bit too overzealously, and the area around my mouth and chin was raw and red. Embarassed Plus the rest of my face felt leathery.

So last night I tried the KH eye cream, and the Vit H. I figured that I would try the VK2 after my skin had calmed down a bit, but then I couldn't restrain myself and put some on before I went to bed.

I got up this morning, and touched my face...NO MORE LEATHER!!! I looked in the mirror, and my skin looked darn good...you couldn't even tell that I was attacked by the microfiber mitt! Shock

Basically, I was pretty darn impressed. I can see why you ladies are in love with this line!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Quote:

Recommend a friend and get 20% off.

Why not introduce a friend to Karin Herzog and we will give you a coupon for 20% off your next purchase as a thank you. Even more, we will give your friend a coupon offering them 20% of their first order.

Hi everyone. I just saw this on the KH UK site.. does anyone want to introduce me? Sounds as though it would be mutually beneficial!
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Rubby & BluesHeart, thank you for posting and sharing your thoughts! Guess I've been overzealous in my start but I'm not discouraged despite the mixed results I've had thusfar! I saw that dryness may result during the adjustment period so I wasn't alarmed and assumed I needed a moisturizer. I thought folks used one of the oils but I don't have any of those samples and thought I'd try one of the ones I had which was probably a no-no so soon!

I will follow your suggestion of going slower and use the OFC in the PM only which I did last night; perhaps I should try this every other night for a few days first. This morning I moisturized with my PSF Perfecting Lotion since I don't have any KH oils.

But I just had to share one more note of excitement!! I've had this one blackhead on my cheek that is more noticeable than a regular one (if there are such things). No amount of scrubbing, spot treatment or extraction made any difference except to make that area irritated/red/peel but it would still be there. Well this morning, that spot is different - it looks like it's disintegrating (can't think of a better word to describe it)! I am simply amazed!! Shock

Okay, just wanted to announce a significant moment! I will be ordering the prof cleanser as that does seem to be an absolute must. I'll also ask JoElla to suggest a moisturizer - oil or cream. Thanks again!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:47 am      Reply with quote
blesstd wrote:

Okay, just wanted to announce a significant moment! I will be ordering the prof cleanser as that does seem to be an absolute must. I'll also ask JoElla to suggest a moisturizer - oil or cream. Thanks again!

The Professional cleanser is absolutely AMAZING!!! I have the Vit A Kombi oil and it is great as well. It doesn't make my face oily or greasy and leaves my skin so soft which is what I like best about it. I didn't get as much softness with the Vitamin H sample I tried, but I like that too. If I had to choose one though, it would be the oil.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Just to clarify. I used the Vita oil right from the beginning underneath my kombi, sometimes at night, sometimes in the morning before make up. Even using the Kombi and oil together I needed more moisture. I don't think I ever had a sample of the the additional day/night cream so I used a C for Carrots moisturizer I had around. I don't think a different brand of moisturizer will cause problems as long as it's fairly simple however I would avoid anything with acids. Now, I don't really need an extra moisturizer with the exception when I tried the Lightening from 302. My point is that the vita oil isn't necessarily a moisturizer, for some it may be enough for others probably not. Blesstd, that's great news about your pores cleaning themselves out. In a few weeks, you'll see a real difference.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Just to clarify. I used the Vita oil right from the beginning underneath my kombi, sometimes at night, sometimes in the morning before make up. Even using the Kombi and oil together I needed more moisture. I don't think I ever had a sample of the the additional day/night cream so I used a C for Carrots moisturizer I had around. I don't think a different brand of moisturizer will cause problems as long as it's fairly simple however I would avoid anything with acids. Now, I don't really need an extra moisturizer with the exception when I tried the Lightening from 302. My point is that the vita oil isn't necessarily a moisturizer, for some it may be enough for others probably not. Blesstd, that's great news about your pores cleaning themselves out. In a few weeks, you'll see a real difference.

Is the Vita Oil you mentioned the same thing as the Vita-A Kombi Face Oil?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, Rukyl.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Yes, Rukyl.

Thank you.

Maybe you mentioned your routine before, but would you mind repeating it again? Do you use all KH products in both your AM and PM routines?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
Yes, Rukyl.

Thank you.

Maybe you mentioned your routine before, but would you mind repeating it again? Do you use all KH products in both your AM and PM routines?

You're welcome. Yes, all Herzog both am and pm.

AM Routine:
Rinse face with warm then cold water.
Vita Kombi Oil *not always*
Vitamin H
Vita Kombi 2
Herzog eye cream

PM Routine:
Wash with Pro cleansing cream. Am trying the choco pro cleansing cream now.
Vitamin H
Vita Kombi 2
Herzog eye cream

Twice a week I use the Essential Mask. On those nights I only use the mask, sleeping in it. I had a sample of the Vita Apricot which I do like but would like to continue without acids. I may decide to add either the Vita Apricot or the Fruit Acids at a later time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
Blues, is is okay to use the Vitamin H cream twice a day? Your routine is very much like mine. I have also tried the chocolate cleansing cream but I don't think I like it as much as the other.

I was thinking of trying the fruit acids also because I read that it is only 1% acid which would be a very gentle one.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Did anyone get the email from Karin Herzog UK? It was advertising the silhouette and the tonus. Anyway, the woman's body pictured, it says she is Noelle Herzog, 40 years-old. Her body could be someone in her 20's. I want some of this stuff!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I got it alright, just when I was complaining about feeling lethargic, bloated and heavy the email pops up...someone's trying to tell me something. Of paticular interest is the Bye Bye Bingo Wings promise.
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
I got the email also and it said that the duo can firm your breasts also. I am definitely going to start using mine consistently.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered the tonus with my $50 voucher. I am trying to order the silhouette, but having trouble with my other voucher! I gotta get me a body like that. Laughing
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
I don't like to share private emails but I want you to know that I got an email from Scally about the Body Duo and she was ecstatic with it

I ordered it, just now. Thanks Riley! LOL

Cookie,
I don't see any reasons why you couldn't use the H both am and pm. I've not had a problem with it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
No problem, Blues! Very Happy That is great to hear Scally is ecstatic about the duo!
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Talking about Scally, i forgot to mention that I tried her make-up brush application technique for Oxy Face and VK2. I must say - it is ingenious !! Since trying it several days ago, I've been only using that method of applying those two creams. It really allows me to apply a pea size amount of cream and to spread it nicely all over my face and neck.
I am using small flat brush that I think I received with one of my powder foundations or something like that.

As for the Silhouette duo - I am very tempted to try it, but I am having good results with the Fat Burning Gel, so I want to give it another several weeks before I add something else to my fat/cellulite fighting routine. Besides, my next KH order is so big already that I really need to prioritize in order to keep my spending under control (although, it's way too late for that Rolling Eyes ).
Blues, did Scally say what kind or results is she experiencing? Also, is she using it with the fat burning gel?

(BTW, where is Scally? I miss her and her great posts Sad ).

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Tonight I used the Choco cleanser for the second time and thought I'd give some impressions beyond that blasted, fabulous smell. It appears to be less thick than the pro cleanser, still that vaseline like feeling, but not as thick. I also spreads a little easier. When I rinse my face it seems easier to remove but I have my doubts that it's really sucking the dirt and grime out like the pro. So, if you want something similar to the pro but don't like the thickness the Choco might be the one for you. And like I said, the smell is divine.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
First I want to thank Bethany for all her help. She has been soooooooooo helpful with everything.

I am thinking about taking the plunge and changing skincare lines. Now this is huge for me. I mean huge, since I have been using one skin care line for 3 years and know it like backwards, forwards and sideways. And yes, there is an oxygen product in this line. And this line beat out Z. Bigatti, Tazorac and Renova.

I live in the L.A. area and could go see Jo Ella to get Karin Herzog if needed. I did write her an email and she was kind of well you could try this and you could try that. She sounds very busy with all the gals from this board. I need a full plan so I am hoping someone can help.

The one thing I do know is that Jo Ella said I can probably tolerate thekombi 2 cream which I agree.

I have skin it sounds like Bethany but I am much older. I am 55, oily in the T-zone, rest of my face is normal a little dry on the top of my cheeks. I do have sun/age spots (baking on the beach as a teen what do I expect?), and these darn wrinkles on the top of my cheeks that drive me nuts. I so want to get rid of these wrinkles.

I don't need very much moisturizer during the day or I will turn into an oil slick. I don't want to over exfolliate so was thinking about the 302 drops under the kombi cream then the H cream. I love cetaphil cleanser, have used it for years but if someone persuades me I need Herzog, convince me. I just bought a bunch of Skin Medica Vitamin C samples (oh well).

Someone just give me a routine and I am ordering. Thanks
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
platinumrose wrote:
First I want to thank Bethany for all her help. She has been soooooooooo helpful with everything.

I am thinking about taking the plunge and changing skincare lines. Now this is huge for me. I mean huge, since I have been using one skin care line for 3 years and know it like backwards, forwards and sideways. And yes, there is an oxygen product in this line. And this line beat out Z. Bigatti, Tazorac and Renova.

I live in the L.A. area and could go see Jo Ella to get Karin Herzog if needed. I did write her an email and she was kind of well you could try this and you could try that. She sounds very busy with all the gals from this board. I need a full plan so I am hoping someone can help.

The one thing I do know is that Jo Ella said I can probably tolerate thekombi 2 cream which I agree.

I have skin it sounds like Bethany but I am much older. I am 55, oily in the T-zone, rest of my face is normal a little dry on the top of my cheeks. I do have sun/age spots (baking on the beach as a teen what do I expect?), and these darn wrinkles on the top of my cheeks that drive me nuts. I so want to get rid of these wrinkles.

I don't need very much moisturizer during the day or I will turn into an oil slick. I don't want to over exfolliate so was thinking about the 302 drops under the kombi cream then the H cream. I love cetaphil cleanser, have used it for years but if someone persuades me I need Herzog, convince me. I just bought a bunch of Skin Medica Vitamin C samples (oh well).

Someone just give me a routine and I am ordering. Thanks

Platinum, you are very welcome. Smile

I think one of the KH experienced people would be best to help you with a routine since I am new to KH, but here are a few thoughts to get you started...

If you add one thing from KH, make it the VK2.

You could use 302 Lightening Drops a couple of days a week under your KH (I am planning to do that as well).

From a moisturizer standpoint, I was VERY impressed with the Vit H and Vk2 combo last night...once a day on the Vit H would probably be enough for you. (on the days that I use my 302 lightening drops, I will use them in the AM, and the Vit H at night).

So, to start with (and assuming that you don't want to ditch all of your other products yet)

AM Routine:
- Cleanse face
- 302 Lightening Drops (only 2 to 3x week MAX)
- Vita Kombi 2
- Eye cream (I am now using KH)

PM Routine:
- Cleanse face
- Vitamin H (maybe alternate this with other actives that you really like)
- Vita Kombi 2
- Eye cream

However, I would not add any other new products (like the 302) until after you have been on the KH for at least a week.

Hopefully someone else will weigh in here soon. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Platinum, did you try this quick questionnaire on the KH US site? I just did it, and it came up with the products I picked for myself.

http://www.karinherzogus.com/prescription.php?type=face

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:45 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
I don't like to share private emails but I want you to know that I got an email from Scally about the Body Duo and she was ecstatic with it

I ordered it, just now. Thanks Riley! LOL

Great news, as my duo is on its way. Smile

rubby, can you advise on the method you're using with the brush? I know it's somewhere in this thread, but it's so long and I can't begin to guess where to look. If I have one problem with this line, it is applying the advised small amount of product. As I've started with VK1, it's probably not been too much of an issue - but I'm expecting VK2 any day now and need to go lighter.

Platinum, the KH UK site offers a very good personal/bespoke service by email. If you click on "skin clinic' on the left-hand side, they'll come back to you within a week with a personalised regime. However, I understand that Jo Ella provides a similar service - and one-to-one for your particular needs sounds the way to go. Good luck!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:34 am      Reply with quote
What results has everyone seen with the eye cream? Still searching for that HG .......

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:37 am      Reply with quote
PlatinumRose,
Why don't you order the professional cleanser, it's wonderful and then the VK2, requesting a sample of the VK1? I'd avoid the fruit acid products if you're doing 302 as well. I've used the Lightening wasn't fond of it so perhaps I should have gone with the C boost which isn't as strong. Cookie uses the Cboost under her Kombi and is very happy with it.

Tsjsmom,
I've been using the eye cream from KH for close to three weeks. Nice but I wouldn't consider it a HG for me. You may also notice some additional dryness for the first few weeks. I know there are others who love the eye cream so maybe I need to use it longer.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Blues. Doesn't the skin care industry get it that if they developed a truly fantastic HG eye cream that women would pay almost any amount of $? I would!

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |