Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
havana8

Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:50 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Hmmm. I was planning on using the Silhouette and Tonus at night after a shower and before bed. I was just at the UK site and the product information says to apply wait 3-6 minutes and then you may shower or dress. Do you think it matters if it's after a shower? And the directions also say once a day is sufficient.

Embarassed well, I've been using mine once a day in the AM after showering, waiting 4 minutes and then dressing...

(not that it should matter but the insert included with the product says 3-5 minutes)
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Havana,
How long have you been using it and are you consistent?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I also would love to hear the results you gals are seeing who are using the silhouette and tonus...

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
praise for the eye cream.

I have been using this for a few days now and it is the first eye cream that has worked for me. The only one that has not left my eyes irritated after use. The under eye area is a lot moister and I think is starting to look lighter- that can be so subjective sometimes....

I love the added bonus of being able to use it on my lips- they look and feel great after application, and the softness lasts throughout the day- even in this hot Texas sun.

Another in a long line of KH products I am falling in love with- hope it is a love that lasts and lasts.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
tuningmyheart wrote:
praise for the eye cream.

I have been using this for a few days now and it is the first eye cream that has worked for me. The only one that has not left my eyes irritated after use. The under eye area is a lot moister and I think is starting to look lighter- that can be so subjective sometimes....

I love the added bonus of being able to use it on my lips- they look and feel great after application, and the softness lasts throughout the day- even in this hot Texas sun.

Another in a long line of KH products I am falling in love with- hope it is a love that lasts and lasts.

Hi Tuning,
The one thing I really have noticed about my results so far is that the lids look very nice and smooth. A bonus is the line I have from applying Revitalash has greatly faded. I know one person has noticed that her lash tips have lightened. Anyone else? I dye my lashes so I'm hoping I won't have any issues.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
I love this cleanser!!!
It smells delicious, just like marzipan candy. The texutre is very similar to vaseline, except it feels even thicker on the skin.
Always apply to dry skin. This removes sunscreen, makeup, any impurities, and dissolves blackheads. A damp washcloth is necessary to remove it completely.
I use it about twice a week in the evening and follow with light extractions, which are SO much easier after using this cleanser!!!
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Is there anything the two of you are using or doing that is the same? So far, I don't remember this happening to anyone? The lights maybe?

Could be! Think As I'm thinking about it, I did notice pinkness the day after I used my BQ to push Vit. H and VK2 combo deeper into the skin. I do BQ treatment 1 - 2 times a week, and haven't noticed this before. But, you never know - it just could be the light!

It'd be interesting to hear if Bethany too was using her LED device.

BTW, my skin was back to normal colour today. I used Tanda - blue light last night, but that one i use on clean skin. I applied VK2 after my blue light session.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
racheli
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
i read about oxygene in cosmetics, and it said, its not really good...

because in long term it would have a negative effect on the skin...

im sorry, i cant provide a link and i dont remember the contents in detail, but its results reminded me on the "dmae"-cell-plumbing problem from some canadian lab..

it will be interesting to get feedbacks on karin herzog products in a couple of month...
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
racheli wrote:
i read about oxygene in cosmetics, and it said, its not really good...

because in long term it would have a negative effect on the skin...

im sorry, i cant provide a link and i dont remember the contents in detail, but its results reminded me on the "dmae"-cell-plumbing problem from some canadian lab..

it will be interesting to get feedbacks on karin herzog products in a couple of month...

Hi Rachel,
Most of us here, using the Herzog line made a choice to use the products with our knowledge of all the studies. Thanks for your concern.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:14 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Is there anything the two of you are using or doing that is the same? So far, I don't remember this happening to anyone? The lights maybe?

I actually haven't used my light for over a week and half. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:47 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

I actually haven't used my light for over a week and half. Sad

Well then, we have a mystery. Maybe you're one who needed to start slow.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
That's me too ... should have listened to all I've read on this thread and started slower. BluesHeart, thanks for slowing me down! I think I got carried away at first but now I'm on track!

Rather than use the Oxy FC AM/PM, I am using it at night only. I use the sample of the Vit H or I've also tried squalene (I don't have any samples of the oils) first, followed by the Oxy FC. This has made a world of difference! In the morning my skin is much smoother, clearer, the dryness is gone and the blackheads are improving too. In the morning, I moisturize and put on sunscreen. I plan to stay with this for a while before buying the Vita A Kombi.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
blesstd wrote:
That's me too ... should have listened to all I've read on this thread and started slower. BluesHeart, thanks for slowing me down! I think I got carried away at first but now I'm on track!

Rather than use the Oxy FC AM/PM, I am using it at night only. I use the sample of the Vit H or I've also tried squalene (I don't have any samples of the oils) first, followed by the Oxy FC. This has made a world of difference! In the morning my skin is much smoother, clearer, the dryness is gone and the blackheads are improving too. In the morning, I moisturize and put on sunscreen. I plan to stay with this for a while before buying the Vita A Kombi.

That's great Blesstd. Glad to hear you're doing well. In case you don't know, the oil does slow down the oxygen somewhat when you apply other things underneath it but it also will push those oils deeper into the skin. Which is why you have to be careful about what products you put underneath the oxygen products. It's funny but no where in my life am I conservative except when it comes to skincare. I'm a ruler follower then. LOL.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Help ladies! I was surfing at JoE's site and I read the directions there for the body duo and I'm confused as all hell. JoE's directions say to apply the Tonus and then the Silhouette. Could someone who has the two tell me what they're directions say?

Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Help ladies! I was surfing at JoE's site and I read the directions there for the body duo and I'm confused as all hell. JoE's directions say to apply the Tonus and then the Silhouette. Could someone who has the two tell me what they're directions say?

Okay, so here's what it says on the back of both tubes:

Silhouette
Body cream. Firming anti-cellulite cream. Apply without massaging onto the areas of the body to be treated and leave to work for 3–5 minutes. Rinse if necessary.

Tonus B12
Body cream. Toning draining cream. The ideal compliment to KH Silhouette cream. Apply by massaging in alone or after KH "Silhouette" cream.

And from the enclosed insert (unless I am blind, I don't see Tonus listed on it):

Silhouette
Daily application on typical areas such as hips, buttocks and often the stomach will convince you of the effect of this cream as it gradually enhances the appearance of the skin. After more prolonged use, you will also notice that the skin on the treated areas appears fresher and less tired.

Recommended use of "Silhouette": Apply a thin layer of cream daily to the parts of the body which are affected. Spread the cream without massaging into the skin as it acts all by itself. The slight tingling sensation you may experience is quite normal and is due to the pressure of 4% oxygen contained in this cream. 3 to 5 minutes after application, you may either get dressed, or, if you prefer, take a shower.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Allison_Wonderland wrote:
I love this cleanser!!!
It smells delicious, just like marzipan candy. The texutre is very similar to vaseline, except it feels even thicker on the skin.
Always apply to dry skin. This removes sunscreen, makeup, any impurities, and dissolves blackheads. A damp washcloth is necessary to remove it completely.
I use it about twice a week in the evening and follow with light extractions, which are SO much easier after using this cleanser!!!

What cleanser were you referring to?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

Okay, so here's what it says on the back of both tubes:

Silhouette
Body cream. Firming anti-cellulite cream. Apply without massaging onto the areas of the body to be treated and leave to work for 3–5 minutes. Rinse if necessary.

Tonus B12
Body cream. Toning draining cream. The ideal compliment to KH Silhouette cream. Apply by massaging in alone or after KH "Silhouette" cream.

And from the enclosed insert (unless I am blind, I don't see Tonus listed on it):

Silhouette
Daily application on typical areas such as hips, buttocks and often the stomach will convince you of the effect of this cream as it gradually enhances the appearance of the skin. After more prolonged use, you will also notice that the skin on the treated areas appears fresher and less tired.

Recommended use of "Silhouette": Apply a thin layer of cream daily to the parts of the body which are affected. Spread the cream without massaging into the skin as it acts all by itself. The slight tingling sensation you may experience is quite normal and is due to the pressure of 4% oxygen contained in this cream. 3 to 5 minutes after application, you may either get dressed, or, if you prefer, take a shower.

Confused Even more confuzeled. I just read the insert from JoE and she's hand written in that I'm to use the Tonus first. Brick wall You know how I am about directions. I want to scream.

Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm.... it is a bit curious as my duo came from JoE too. I'd like to know though. Maybe an email is in order? Wink

p.s. if Silhouette is used after Tonus, it would push Tonus in further, right? But then, if, after 3-5 minutes you can rinse it off, would it theoretically also rinse away the remains of Tonus?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Hmmm.... it is a bit curious as my duo came from JoE too. I'd like to know though. Maybe an email is in order? Wink

p.s. if Silhouette is used after Tonus, it would push Tonus in further, right? But then, if, after 3-5 minutes you can rinse it off, would it theoretically also rinse away the remains of Tonus?

I just emailed JoE to ask. Below is what my instruction sheet says.
Silhouette:
For best results, apply to area twice a day, let penetrate, then get dressed. May also apply,wrap area in plastic, after massage.Apply a source of heat (warm blanket) for 30-40 minutes and then remove residue with warm cloth.

Tonus B12:

Yada yada. Then, JoE has handwritten in "Just use a small amount." and next to the Tonus, she added, "Apply first."

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
When unsure, go to the source. For whatever it's worth, this from headquarters:

Tonus B12

Unlike the Karin Herzog oxygen-enriched creams, “Tonus-B12” is a cream that should be massaged in for a natural draining effect that optimise the results to complement the “Silhouette” cream and its 4% oxygen. Specifically for massage, the base of this cream is specially designed to melt gradually into the skin. Just long enough to allow you to become aware of your body, to benefit from a moment of pure relaxation and sensuality… 1st Suggestion: Morning and/or evening, after your shower, apply “Tonus-B12” cream all over the body, massaging until it is completely absorbed. 2nd suggestion: Morning and/or evening, apply first of all, without massaging, “Silhouette” oxygenating cream on the parts of the body that need it, then apply “Tonus-B12” cream, massaging until it is completely absorbed.
Tube 150 ml

CHF 35.50

Looks like there'd better be a wait time since, massaging in the Tonus would essentially mean massaging in Silhouette too, no?
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Well a page or two back I did order KH after reading pages and pages about Karin Herzog on this website and now, well I must say I am hoping I did the right thing.

I have been using Elysee Skin care products for three years and I know I have beautiful skin, am told this all the time. But I so want these darn lines above my cheek bones to go away and the collagen in my skin to increase. I take several internal supplements as well to boost my collagen, try to eat right as well.

Being 55, maybe I should have a few wrinkles but I don't want them!

Anyway Elysee just came out with their newsletter and I thought you all
might want to read what Linda Marshall wrote about hydrogen Peroxide since it is a major ingredient in KH and other Elysee ingredients. All I know is getting old is for the birds and I am not sure what to use now for these wrinkles.

Elysee manufacturers their own skin care products here in the U.S. Elysee is not only sold on HSN but is also sold to many Dermatologists, Plastic Surgeons and Spas in the US. The product she is referring to is Optim Ox (for the Oxygen), BioAccel (for the Peptides) Pycnogenol (antioxidant), Sirtuin and Telomeres(Youth Span cream and Serum). Not making a judgment here. Just passing on information as I am still wanting HELP in my own problem.

" Initially used to treat burns, stabilized oxygen in skin care is intended to increase cellular metabolism. (Unstable oxygen creates free radicals.)The older Oxygen products used Hydrogen Peroxide,which has no science behind it to do anything, but lighten the skin. Elysee uses a medical-grade pure micro-encapsulated oxygen at 10% to deliver this important ingredient to the skin. It will increase the
oxygen concentration to 100% in a month. By the
time we're 30, we've lost 70% of the oxygen in our skin. Today's 20 year olds are as hot on skin care as 55 year olds are. We need a combination of peptides that communicate with the skin to reduce wrinkles, anti-oxidants to fight free radicals and glycation,water that will actually hydrate the skin, oxygen to breathe back life and now the telomeres and sirtuin technology to reset the skins aging process.Understanding which ingredients are most beneficial at each stage of life is important."
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Platinum, I honestly feel that Linda may be trying to differentiate herself from a marketing standpoint in talking about most HP/Oxygen products out there. Unless she has a new patented product showing more results and proven stabilization over KH, I wouldn't worry about using KH at all.

But since you have had such good results with the Elysee line, why not try their Optim Ox? (I would if I were you!)

From a collagen standpoint, I think the Dermaroller is the way to go...the Optim Ox would just be icing on the cake.

I'll send you a PM on what I have already seen with the DR. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
platinumrose wrote:
Well a page or two back I did order KH after reading pages and pages about Karin Herzog on this website and now, well I must say I am hoping I did the right thing.

I have been using Elysee Skin care products for three years and I know I have beautiful skin, am told this all the time. But I so want these darn lines above my cheek bones to go away and the collagen in my skin to increase. I take several internal supplements as well to boost my collagen, try to eat right as well.

Being 55, maybe I should have a few wrinkles but I don't want them!

Anyway Elysee just came out with their newsletter and I thought you all
might want to read what Linda Marshall wrote about hydrogen Peroxide since it is a major ingredient in KH and other Elysee ingredients. All I know is getting old is for the birds and I am not sure what to use now for these wrinkles.

Elysee manufacturers their own skin care products here in the U.S. Elysee is not only sold on HSN but is also sold to many Dermatologists, Plastic Surgeons and Spas in the US. The product she is referring to is Optim Ox (for the Oxygen), BioAccel (for the Peptides) Pycnogenol (antioxidant), Sirtuin and Telomeres(Youth Span cream and Serum). Not making a judgment here. Just passing on information as I am still wanting HELP in my own problem.

" Initially used to treat burns, stabilized oxygen in skin care is intended to increase cellular metabolism. (Unstable oxygen creates free radicals.)The older Oxygen products used Hydrogen Peroxide,which has no science behind it to do anything, but lighten the skin. Elysee uses a medical-grade pure micro-encapsulated oxygen at 10% to deliver this important ingredient to the skin. It will increase the
oxygen concentration to 100% in a month. By the
time we're 30, we've lost 70% of the oxygen in our skin. Today's 20 year olds are as hot on skin care as 55 year olds are. We need a combination of peptides that communicate with the skin to reduce wrinkles, anti-oxidants to fight free radicals and glycation,water that will actually hydrate the skin, oxygen to breathe back life and now the telomeres and sirtuin technology to reset the skins aging process.Understanding which ingredients are most beneficial at each stage of life is important."

I'm going to be honest. I don't think the KH will get rid of your wrinkles. The products might soften them but that's jmho opinion. If you're using something you really love and it works for you, why change? I looked at the Elysee products after reading your reviews and a friend got the mask. I found they contained too many things I wanted to avoid but that's just based on my personal choices.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Bethany. I have tried the Optim Ox and have been using it since it came out December 2007. I call in my Gerber Baby cream because when I first used it after two weeks, I woke up one morning and could not believe my skin. I had this teenage youthful glow that I forgot existed. It was then that I dumped my foundation and started just wearing tinted moisturizer.Bethany I would appreciate your info on the DR.

Bluesheart thanks for your honesty about my wrinkles. Darn it looks like either more drastic measures or just letting them go.

Crying or Very sad
obsessedshopper
5% products discount

Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:53 am      Reply with quote
I used the Vita-A-Kombi 1% creme and was not impressed at all.

I was expecting a lot of help/improcement but really didn't notice any difference. I'm currently using it up as hand creme at night.

I think the smell was irritating to me/my skin. I never had a negative reaction or a rash from this, but no other positive reaction either.

Sorry, just my experience. I had high hopes.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:05 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |