Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Thanks Bethany for clarifying. It's so damn hot here everything, including my brain is feeling sluggish.
After reading your links, that would explain the red face you and Rubby experienced, right?

ETA a big thank you for this information from Dr. H. Verryy interesting.

I think there was a bit too much combustion going on initially...as in way more than my skin was prepared for! Laughing That redness might also be due to the fact that I had just started rolling too.

BTW, I thought that this article also showed some KH benefits for people who are rolling...there is some serious skin rejuventation going on after a roll, and VK2 delivers a higher level of oxygen and Vit A to help drive cellular and collagen regeneration.

5% products discount

Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
HI, ladies! I actually read this entire thread- wow. As an esthetician, I had used this line 8 years ago and did very well with it. I had cystic acne on the jawline and nothing I tried would help. I stopped using it a few of years ago and just started back. I really think I didn't understand the science behind it like I do now. Of course they didn't have the chocolate products back then or the Vit. H. I have the chocolate moisturizer and the choco2 but not the cleanser yet.
I really find you all to be so proactive in your research and I really appreciate it.
Thanks
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome clearskindiva, glad to hear from someone that used it way back. Could you tell me why you stopped using it, and has there been anything that you have used in the past 8 years that you have seen results with?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
I'm interested to hear your take on this line as an esthetician. Are you using it again, professionally?
It's great to have you here.

5% products discount

Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Cookie and Bluesheart- I can't remember a concrete reason I stopped using it. I had used it for about a year and had great results. I was also using the Echo 2 oxygen system too. I am always ahead of my time on whatever I use and I think not that many people saw the value in oxygen as they do now. I got ill for a couple of years and stopped working for a while. When I got better I had to start all my research over again and now I believe in a conservative approach.
I did try the 302 line about a year ago, found the science fascinating but unfortunately, I felt too dry, uncomfortable, my skin looked aweful and didn't like a few of the preservatives they used.
I love Karin Herzog , since it is never drying and your skin always feel comfortable.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
clearskindiva wrote:
Cookie and Bluesheart- I can't remember a concrete reason I stopped using it. I had used it for about a year and had great results. I was also using the Echo 2 oxygen system too. I am always ahead of my time on whatever I use and I think not that many people saw the value in oxygen as they do now. I got ill for a couple of years and stopped working for a while. When I got better I had to start all my research over again and now I believe in a conservative approach.
I did try the 302 line about a year ago, found the science fascinating but unfortunately, I felt too dry, uncomfortable, my skin looked aweful and didn't like a few of the preservatives they used.
I love Karin Herzog , since it is never drying and your skin always feel comfortable.

That's a great choice of words, Clearskin. I do feel that my skin feels comfortable. I'm playing around tonight, applied the H and then the Essential mask. It's fun to play with this line.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
Clearskindiva, what are you currently using in the KH line? The vitamin H is my favorite product and I also like the fact that the products have a minimal amount of ingredients. Do you have any favorites in the line?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
clearskindiva wrote:

Clearskindiva, I had to take a year off due to illness myself...hopefully we are both on a path to wellness and better health. Smile

Hve you encountered any info on Oxygen products generating free radicals? There seem to be a lot of naysayers on this topic, but no concrete evidence that KH is bad for your skin. If you have any professional insight (good or bad), we would love to hear it!

Oh, and welcome to EDS! Very Happy

5% products discount

Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much ladies, for the warm welcome!
Bethany, I am glad you are well! I had to realize that my reactions to life were making me sick on some level. I used Chinese herbs and they saved my life.
I haven't tried the Vit H cream yet. I can't wait to use it. I still am waiting for the Tonus B12 cream and then I'll order more stuff. My favorite products are - Vit A Kombi -1, and the Professional cleanser. My son was my hardest client with tiny clogged pores. Now that he is using the Oxygen face cream, I am able to remove way more of them and it made a huge zit on his nose go away very quickly. He actually loves the stuff. I guess that is good for a teenage boy to say.
As far as the free radicals, I did have an opinion for a while that they were bad and that oxygen made them worse, but after reading all of the patent info and Dr. Herzog's explanations from a scientific level, I feel comfortable with the vit A and E being enough to balance them. Also the way they explained it, I got that by the time the liquid turns to a gas and the glucose being broken down into ATP in the cell, I think it's a healthier cellular condition. In a hypoxic( lack of Oxygen) environment, more toxins and infections can exist as well as the slowing down of blood flow in the capillaries. I think this particular way of introducing oxygen makes sense. If there are concerns, you can take antioxidants internally and use some antioxidants topically every once in a while.
I think too much of anything either way isn't healthy. The skin care industry gets a bit carried away with scare tactics. Sometimes I wonder about the petroleum and mineral oil, but it is in tiny amounts and really can't penetrate- thats why doctors use it as an occlusive barrier after laser treatments.
Sorry for such a long post! Smile
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:27 am      Reply with quote
clearskindiva wrote:
Bethany, I am glad you are well! I had to realize that my reactions to life were making me sick on some level. I used Chinese herbs and they saved my life.
I haven't tried the Vit H cream yet. I can't wait to use it. I still am waiting for the Tonus B12 cream and then I'll order more stuff. My favorite products are - Vit A Kombi -1, and the Professional cleanser. My son was my hardest client with tiny clogged pores. Now that he is using the Oxygen face cream, I am able to remove way more of them and it made a huge zit on his nose go away very quickly. He actually loves the stuff. I guess that is good for a teenage boy to say.
As far as the free radicals, I did have an opinion for a while that they were bad and that oxygen made them worse, but after reading all of the patent info and Dr. Herzog's explanations from a scientific level, I feel comfortable with the vit A and E being enough to balance them. Also the way they explained it, I got that by the time the liquid turns to a gas and the glucose being broken down into ATP in the cell, I think it's a healthier cellular condition. In a hypoxic( lack of Oxygen) environment, more toxins and infections can exist as well as the slowing down of blood flow in the capillaries. I think this particular way of introducing oxygen makes sense. If there are concerns, you can take antioxidants internally and use some antioxidants topically every once in a while.
I think too much of anything either way isn't healthy. The skin care industry gets a bit carried away with scare tactics. Sometimes I wonder about the petroleum and mineral oil, but it is in tiny amounts and really can't penetrate- thats why doctors use it as an occlusive barrier after laser treatments.

That was pretty much my opinion regarding the free radical panic. That the delivery system was the key. I have also heard that the study done used cadavers and a HUGE amount of hydrogen peroxide which does change things. I'll be interested in hearing what you think about the Vitamin H and Tonus B12. I just started the Tonus on Friday with the Silhouette.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:16 am      Reply with quote
I have a few updates. One that I'm soo excited about.

As you know, I started Silhouette and Tonus Friday night. For three or four years I've had this raised, red bump right under my left butt cheek. About a year ago the bump underneath got bigger and it was to the point I could feel it if I was sitting on a chair. I know, I should have been at the Dr but I hate going and I kept putting it off. So, I made sure I applied the body duo there. Saturday night, I didn't think about it and applied the stuff and then last night when I was patting the S and T I realized the raised red part was flat and the lump underneath is smaller by 50%. I'm very excited by this development!

Cookie,
If you've not tried the H and then applying the Essential, you got to try it. I like this better than the Vita Kombi oil underneath.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
I have a few updates. One that I'm soo excited about.

As you know, I started Silhouette and Tonus Friday night. For three or four years I've had this raised, red bump right under my left butt cheek. About a year ago the bump underneath got bigger and it was to the point I could feel it if I was sitting on a chair. I know, I should have been at the Dr but I hate going and I kept putting it off. So, I made sure I applied the body duo there. Saturday night, I didn't think about it and applied the stuff and then last night when I was patting the S and T I realized the raised red part was flat and the lump underneath is smaller by 50%. I'm very excited by this development!

Cookie,
If you've not tried the H and then applying the Essential, you got to try it. I like this better than the Vita Kombi oil underneath.

Blues, that is great news...it sounds like it is increasing the circulation, and the oxygen is most likely killing any bacteria.

Regarding using the Essential Mask and the Vit H under it....is that what you do when you leave the Essential Mask on overnight?

I was pretty wowed by the Vit H/VK2 combo...is this even better?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Blues, I want to know too. Are you using the vitamin H under the essential mask? How long are you leaving it on for?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
clearskindiva wrote:

I was blown away by what the Vit H did to my skin overnight...it was like I got NEW skin! Very Happy

And I think we're all on the same page around the Oxygen damage hype...I personally think that virtually everything is damaging to some degree, sigh.

And by the time I am actually old enough to SEE any damage *possibly* caused by long term usage of KH, it won't matter because I will probably have cataracts, no teeth, and will be pushing a walker. People will be far more interested in whether or not I just took a dump in my Depends, than if KH caused any free radical damage to my decrepit skin. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Bethany, lol you are hysterical. I was thinking the same thing. I am pushing 50 and by the time my skin degrades I probably won't be able to see it anyway.
saladgirl
5% products discount

Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you , Bethany. You made me laugh out loud with that comment!!

Thanks to all of you, I bought the essential mask last week....love it. Today I got my shipment of Vitamin H and VK2. I can't wait to try them. I have tried everything,so I'm hoping this line will be a keeper.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
bethany, I am laughing too-so funny because it just may too true..

Blues, did you say something about trying the H under the essential mask? I have been using the H for a for a little over a week now (I think, starting to lose track, I really should keep a journal or something, they say the mind is one of the first to go...)
What benefit do you see under the mask?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Ogh, ugh, sigh! Shock I am reading all your reviews and bending under pressure Rolling Eyes. I think I will just have to place my next order before my one month test is over. Now, i simply have to have the Essential Mask asap Cool. I've been using Vit. H. under VK2 for a couple of weeks now (or more), and I just love the results. If Vit. H under Essential is even better . . . Drool . . . well, you know what I mean, right Wink .

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
For anyone using the Oxy FC, how are you using it? As a mask or applying it daily? If applying it daily, are you adding any other products before it - i.e., Vit H, apricot oil, etc?

I'm using the Oxy FC daily on top of a sample of Vit H. I'm running out of my samples and trying to decide which to order next; I have the Oxy FC and Mild Scrub. Because the Oxy FC does not have the Vit A & E like the Vit A Kombi products, I'm wondering if I'm "missing" out on something. Also, do you think the Vit H is a "must have" basic? I've liked the sample but don't have much to compare it with.

Thanks for your thoughts!
clearskindiva
5% products discount

Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
OMG, Bethany, you are sooo funny! Thanks for making me laugh out loud. Laughing Laughing Laughing
I can't wait to try the vit H.
I did notice that the silouette cream helped my bad cut on my hand to heal in two days perfectly.
So much for the problems they say hydrogen peroxide causes...they said it slows down the healing- NOT!
My mother is using the oxygen face cream on spots of rosacea and undetermined irritation that was itchy and now her skin is soooo much better. The dermatologist had given her medicine and had lasered the bumps and they still wouldn't heal, til she started putting the oxygen face cream on daily. Just only on the spots, not her whole face.
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Even though I am not going forward with the KH, I thought I would post the regime that was sent to me from the UK in case it might help someone else. I am combination skin (oily T-zone) 55 and wanting to get rid of my wrinkles on my cheeks!

1) Professional Cleansing Cream: Massage thoroughly and remove with hot towel
2) Tonic Lotion: Decant into spray bottle and spritz all over face, or apply with cotton wool.
Blot Face dry with tissue
3) Fruit Acid Cream:( 3 times per week). Massage into the skin thoroughly. Oxygen FREE item.
4) Vita-A-Kombi Facial Oil: 2 drops is usually enough to cover the face…remember the neck!!! DO NOT REMOVE
5) Vita-A-Kombi 2: take out a pea size amount of cream, with the spatula provided. Dab the cream from the spatula in dots on cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. Remove excess cream off spatula with ring finger, and then join the dots up, spreading the cream all over the face. DO NOT RUB IN. apply small amount of cream to neck, and spread in the same way.
6) Eye Cream: Take out a small amount of cream ( about the size of a grain of rice ) for each eye. Spread the eye cream ALL OVER THE EYE AREA…INCLUDING THE EYE LID. As with Vita-A-Kombi, Leave to penetrate.

TISSUE ANY REMAINING CREAM OFF THE EYE BROWS--OXYGENATION OVER A PROLONGED PERIOD HAS THE POWER TO LIGHTEN HUMAN HAIR IF LEFT ON THE BROWS INDEFINATELY. TISSUING OFF CREAM FROM THE BROWS PREVENTS THIS GRADULAL LIGHTENING….THE BIG BONUS IS< HOWEVER< THAT THESE PRODUCTS NATURALLY-SAFELY, AND WITHOUT THE RISK OF IRRITATION, LIGHTEN FINE DOWNEY FACIAL HAIR ,OFTEN FOUND AROUND THE MOUTH AREA.

7) Additional Night Cream: Massage a small amount of cream into the skin, until disappeared.

MORNING ROUTINE ( Very quick, very simple! )

1) Splash the face with hot & Cold Water. No need to use Cleanser
2) Spritz or wipe the face over with Tonic Lotion. Blot dry with towel or tissue
3) Apply a small amount of Vitamin H cream, and massage totally into the skin.
4) Apply a tiny amount of Vita-A-Kombi Facial oil, and massage into skin. Do Not Remove.
5) Vita-A-Kombi 2: take out a pea size amount of cream, with the spatula provided. Dab the
cream from the spatula in dots on cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. Remove excess cream
off spatula with ring finger, and then join the dots up, spreading the cream all over the
face. DO NOT RUB IN. apply small amount of cream to neck, and spread in the same way.
6) Eye Cream: Take out a small amount of cream ( about the size of a grain of rice ) for each
eye. Spread the eye cream ALL OVER THE EYE AREA…INCLUDING THE EYE LID.
As with Vita-A-Kombi, Leave to penetrate.
7) Total Day Protection. Massage into the tissues to provide a dry matt protective layer. Perfect for good make-up application.

NOTE: If you want to achieve a healthy glow to the skin and your make-up look for the day, apply a tiny amount of facial oil underneath the Vita-A-Kombi, as you do at night. This will give the skin that dewy look that is very popular, and will also benefit the skin.

SPECIAL INTENSIVE CARE WEEKLY ADDITIONS:

Mask: Used once per week instead of Vita-A-Kombi at night, this is a real age management product and provides deep nourishment and comfort. This product can also be used as a complexion radiance booster if you are going out somewhere special, to give an instant radiance, and a firming / tightening action.
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hey thanks Platinumrose, I love to hear different recommendations on how to use the products. I usually use the vitamin H at night because of the yellow color, but will have to try it out during the day. I don't know if using the vita oil would be too much day and night, maybe in the winter.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
clearskindiva wrote:
OMG, Bethany, you are sooo funny! Thanks for making me laugh out loud. Laughing Laughing Laughing
I can't wait to try the vit H.
I did notice that the silouette cream helped my bad cut on my hand to heal in two days perfectly.
So much for the problems they say hydrogen peroxide causes...they said it slows down the healing- NOT!
My mother is using the oxygen face cream on spots of rosacea and undetermined irritation that was itchy and now her skin is soooo much better. The dermatologist had given her medicine and had lasered the bumps and they still wouldn't heal, til she started putting the oxygen face cream on daily. Just only on the spots, not her whole face.

CSDiva,

You actually don't want to use HP on DEEP cuts after an initial cleaning, because studies have shown that the bubbles can disrupt the wound healing. But it is fine for that initial cleaning, and for surface wounds.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
Hey thanks Platinumrose, I love to hear different recommendations on how to use the products. I usually use the vitamin H at night because of the yellow color, but will have to try it out during the day. I don't know if using the vita oil would be too much day and night, maybe in the winter.

Ditto...thanks Platinum!

Cookie, I cannot use the Vit H in the morning unless I am working at home and no one will see me. I am fair skinned and already slightly yellow....the Vit H definitely makes me MORE yellow, even when I use a VERY small amount. Sad

Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |