Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
yogi wrote:
Regarding acne, the KH products cleared up mine entirely.

I put a little dot of VK3 on a pimple last night, and it was GONE by morning. Very Happy I have also been amazed at how the VK2 has made blackheads so much easier to remove.

Wow, Bethany. I had that result with the OF. Makes me wonder what the VK3 can really do. When did you get it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
racheli wrote:
the oxygene info (acid), is on the EDS website: for the eye cream 0,5 %.

for use of this "oxygene" in products there are (in europe) the following limits:
- for skin care there is a maximum of 4 % allowed,
- for mucosa (e.g. mouthrinse) are max 0,1 % allowed.

Thank goodness I don't live in Europe, because I really like this eye cream.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
bethany wrote:
yogi wrote:

I put a little dot of VK3 on a pimple last night, and it was GONE by morning. Very Happy I have also been amazed at how the VK2 has made blackheads so much easier to remove.

Wow, Bethany. I had that result with the OF. Makes me wonder what the VK3 can really do. When did you get it?

I just got it Monday...I tried it on the tops of my hands on Monday, and on the pimple on Tuesday (which was gone by Wed!).

BTW, I got my Essential Mask today, and will be sleeping in it tonight after I use my new Toner and apply my Vit H. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
bethany wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
Maybe it's time to try the brush technique. I guess I need to go buy a cheap brush.

I ended up buying a cheap synthetic foundation brush at Walgreens for my VK2...MUCH easier than using my fingers!

That's how I've been doing it too. Much easier and faster than the tap method. Plus - you can truly use only a pea size amount of VK2.
Blues, I think brush would work well for the leg/body application as well.

I would need a synthetic 3" paint brush from Home Depot for my leg! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
yogi wrote:

I have the 3% Body, and I use that on my face if I start to get a pimple. But even before I had that, the OF pretty much cleared everything up.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
racheli wrote:
the oxygene info (acid), is on the EDS website: for the eye cream 0,5 %.

for use of this "oxygene" in products there are (in europe) the following limits:
- for skin care there is a maximum of 4 % allowed,
- for mucosa (e.g. mouthrinse) are max 0,1 % allowed.

Thank goodness I don't live in Europe, because I really like this eye cream.

Laughing Bethany, that just made me laugh very hard.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
rubby wrote:
bethany wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
Maybe it's time to try the brush technique. I guess I need to go buy a cheap brush.

I ended up buying a cheap synthetic foundation brush at Walgreens for my VK2...MUCH easier than using my fingers!

That's how I've been doing it too. Much easier and faster than the tap method. Plus - you can truly use only a pea size amount of VK2.
Blues, I think brush would work well for the leg/body application as well.

I would need a synthetic 3" paint brush from Home Depot for my leg! Very Happy

Damn! I knew I was forgetting something when I was at Walgreens. I walked around in the store trying to remember why I was there. Duh.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
bethany wrote:
yogi wrote:

I just got it Monday...I tried it on the tops of my hands on Monday, and on the pimple on Tuesday (which was gone by Wed!).

BTW, I got my Essential Mask today, and will be sleeping in it tonight after I use my new Toner and apply my Vit H. Very Happy

Oh good! Let me know what you think. Maybe you should try the Essential on it's own first. So you can compare. All in the name of science, you know.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:

Oh good! Let me know what you think. Maybe you should try the Essential on it's own first. So you can compare. All in the name of science, you know.[/quote]

Hmmm...a very good point. I will do so, and check in tomorrow morning. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
i would guess, US and even canada would be responsible enough to publish limits on acids in skincare as well...

on this karin herzog threads i feel treated as an offender... Sad i really dont want to be...whatever i wrote, are just the facts...
imagine you were from europe and find on a canadian website raves about a miraculous skincare line from stone age, located next to your place, you have never heard of before?
you would wonder about too?

@those who have these amazing effects with this line:
have you ever tried a retinol serum? - like Estee Lauder, Idealiste (when i remember right it was this one)?

im just thinking... that maybe it all doesnt have to do a bit with the "oxygene", but just with the retinol?
and that another retinol-based product might have even much better effects on your skin?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Racheli, if you read through the thread, you wll see that I spent time reviewing the patent and personally concluded that the KH system is a GREAT delivery system for Vit A, which drives the results for their star products - the Vita-Kombi's.

I have used retinols and Retin-A/Renova for 10+ year and have always experienced a high level of irritation...I am very excited about using a product that delivers Vit A AND minimizes irriation because it delivers it at a deeper cellular level.

You are certainly welcome to ask questions about this line, and we are all very happy to help answer those questions. However, there is a difference between presenting one's thoughts as "questions" vs. "criticisms" in this thread dedicated to people who REALLY like the KH products. Many of us have already read the facts, made the decisions, and accepted the *possible* tradeoffs.

It is your choice to pop in from Europe, educate yourself about this new line, and either decide to try it OR go in the opposite direction.

But if you do decide to NOT try it, please realize that it is YOUR choice, and we have also made OUR choice...we've done our research, we tried the product, and we're sticking with it BECAUSE we like it.

Hopefully that makes sense...if you have any interest in using the product line, just let us know and we will be glad to answer any questions.

Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
racheli wrote:
imagine you were from europe and find on a canadian website raves about a miraculous skincare line from stone age, located next to your place, you have never heard of before?

p.s. there are quite a few European EDS members who are also using KH
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, there was a lot of chatting going on that I had to catch up on!

Tsjmom, sorry I'm a little late in responding but I see others have shared their experience. I have clogged pores, stubborn blackheads on my nose, some on the cheeks and chin area too. I have 49 yo skin with all the glory it entails - hyperpigmentation, fine wrinkles, uneven texture.

I've been using the Oxy Face Cream, Mild Scrub, Prof Cleanser (sample) and Vit H (sample) for almost 2 weeks. I'm one of those who started too aggressively (using products twice daily) and had to cut back to nighttime only.

Immediately after starting this, my skin texture became smooth. Initially I experienced dryness because I should have followed the suggestions and started out slowly (perhaps once every other day) and also applied either the oil (I used squalene because that's all I had) or Vit H first before the Oxy FC. After getting through trial and error, my skin has settled and the texture continues to be smooth but the most amazing thing for me are those stubborn blackheads - I still have them but not as many nor are they as noticeable. I had one particular one that really bugged me (should have gave it a name); it was larger than normal ones and no amount of squeezing, picking at it (I was desperate) or peeling made it go away. Now that same blackhead is fading! I can see that the pore is clean and just the edge remains very faintly.

I hope this answers your question about clogged pores! Although I still do have those but notably less, remember it's only been 2 weeks for me.

I just purchased the Vit H cream because I found my skin much nicer, even toned, refreshed looking in the morning when I used it first before the Oxy FC. The results are much nicer than when I used squalene first then the Oxy FC. I also plan to purchase a cleanser which I think is key to better results. I tried the professional cleanser (sample) which I liked and was about to purchase but then heard the excitement about the choc cleanser... of course, I just have to try it and hope JoE sends a sample with my order. Once I have a cleanser, my basic "must haves" at this stage, will be complete. I later plan to add a Vit A Kombi product too.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
blesstd wrote:
I'm one of those who started too aggressively (using products twice daily) and had to cut back to nighttime only.

You're not alone...me too! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
racheli wrote:
i would guess, US and even canada would be responsible enough to publish limits on acids in skincare as well...

on this karin herzog threads i feel treated as an offender... Sad i really dont want to be...whatever i wrote, are just the facts...
you would wonder about too?

@those who have these amazing effects with this line:
have you ever tried a retinol serum? - like Estee Lauder, Idealiste (when i remember right it was this one)?

im just thinking... that maybe it all doesnt have to do a bit with the "oxygene", but just with the retinol?
and that another retinol-based product might have even much better effects on your skin?

Hi Racheli,
I'm by no means as knowlegeable as many of the ladies on this site but a while ago did try the Estee Lauder Idealist (actually forgot I tried it) and don't recall it making much of a difference on my skin. Before KH, I used PSF .5% Retinol which was okay. I'm guessing I used it a couple months? I'm not sure if that was long enough to see the full effects but I didn't see progress with the blackheads although I liked the PSF line too. However, in just 2 weeks of using KH, I am seeing significant results with congested pores, blackheads and skin texture.
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Well, I have now made it through a complete monthly cycle using only KH and am delighted to report no hormonal breakouts! My skin is as clear and blemish free today as it has been for the last couple of weeks. When I started with KH I was in the midst of that time of the month. The breakouts I had at that time completely cleared up in three days. I figured the real test would come next time around- so happy to report success. I feel like dancing....

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:53 am      Reply with quote
Thank you yogi and blesstd for your input re: clogged pores. I ordered the mild scrub and oxy cream from EDS last nite b/c it was cheaper. I've also got taz on its way from ADC.

I think it was Bethany who said she was 49 w/ hyperpigmentation, fine lines, oily skin, etc - well, I hear you sister! I'm 40 and struggling with hormonal skin changes that are driving me crazy!!

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
platinumrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to pass this info along if it is helpful.... I was told by Jo Ella that the Vita Combi 3 cream should be used for spot treatment for the sun/age pigmented areas on the face. If your face has many then it would be better to stick with the 2 and go slower.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:18 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
ruk1 wrote:
If you have to buy only one product from this line, what would it be?

I would say the cleansing cream and then I'm going to say something that might be very blunt. Don't bother. I think there are a few lines that don't work that way and this is one of them. JMHO though so take it with a grain of salt. And curious to see what others say.

I'm surprised by your answer. I thought it would be one of the Oxygen products like the Oxygen Face Cream or the Vit-A Kombi one. Would the Oxygen product not work by itself? Embarassed
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:37 am      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
ruk1 wrote:

I would say the cleansing cream and then I'm going to say something that might be very blunt. Don't bother. I think there are a few lines that don't work that way and this is one of them. JMHO though so take it with a grain of salt. And curious to see what others say.

I'm surprised by your answer. I thought it would be one of the Oxygen products like the Oxygen Face Cream or the Vit-A Kombi one. Would the Oxygen product not work by itself? Embarassed

I can't really remember your skin concerns and I was thinking you were over the age of 55, sorry if I'm remembering that incorrectly, and find the cleansers to be top notch. Deep cleansing and yet leaves the skin moist and healthy. It seemed like a good start and would help with other actives. I didn't choose an oxygen product on purpose, Rukyl. I don't know what else you're applying to your face and because the Oxy acts as a pusher thought it was wiser to stay away from the oxygen.

Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
I am 50 years old and I have been using Osmosis Enlighten for the last few month with hardly any improvement. Will the KH products help with melasma or would I just be wasting my money. Also I have dry skin with large pores and laugh lines.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Faithfully10 wrote:
I am 50 years old and I have been using Osmosis Enlighten for the last few month with hardly any improvement. Will the KH products help with melasma or would I just be wasting my money. Also I have dry skin with large pores and laugh lines.

Faith, I haven't been on KH enough long enough to see results with my hyperpigmentation yet, so hopefully someone else can weigh in. However, I just received some KH VK3 yesterday, which is supposed to be used on small areas to help lighten them.

I also started dermarolling to help with my pigmentation issues, and am using 302 Lightening Drops, which are a high concentration of non-acid Vit C.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
Thank you yogi and blesstd for your input re: clogged pores. I ordered the mild scrub and oxy cream from EDS last nite b/c it was cheaper. I've also got taz on its way from ADC.

I think it was Bethany who said she was 49 w/ hyperpigmentation, fine lines, oily skin, etc - well, I hear you sister! I'm 40 and struggling with hormonal skin changes that are driving me crazy!!

I'll be 42 in a couple of weeks, but my skin went beserk a couple of years ago and suddenly became oily with major hormonal breakouts.

This getting old stuff is WAY worse than when I was a teenager!! Mad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
ruk1 wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
ruk1 wrote:

I can't really remember your skin concerns and I was thinking you were over the age of 55, sorry if I'm remembering that incorrectly, and find the cleansers to be top notch. Deep cleansing and yet leaves the skin moist and healthy. It seemed like a good start and would help with other actives. I didn't choose an oxygen product on purpose, Rukyl. I don't know what else you're applying to your face and because the Oxy acts as a pusher thought it was wiser to stay away from the oxygen.

You remember correctly. Thank you for clarifying the use of oxygen. I did not realize it was a pusher. My skin concern is mainly hyperpigmentation and a bit sagginess.
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
"I think it was Bethany who said she was 49 w/ hyperpigmentation, fine lines, oily skin, etc - well, I hear you sister! I'm 40 and struggling with hormonal skin changes that are driving me crazy!!"

If Bethany's 42, then this 49 year old must be me!
Embarassed
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |