Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart....thank's for the advice, but I'm a little curious as to why I shouldn't use the H cream at all? I thought it would be a good moisturizer since my skin is dry as well as sensitive.

I only use KH once a day and I have not yet alternated with 302. I wanted to wait until I felt sure that KH was a good product line for me and I had no irritation whatsoever from it. Once that happens then I intend to alternate with 302 and of course purchase some more KH products like the Essential Mask.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
BluesHeart....thank's for the advice, but I'm a little curious as to why I shouldn't use the H cream at all? I thought it would be a good moisturizer since my skin is dry as well as sensitive.

I only use KH once a day and I have not yet alternated with 302. I wanted to wait until I felt sure that KH was a good product line for me and I had no irritation whatsoever from it. Once that happens then I intend to alternate with 302 and of course purchase some more KH products like the Essential Mask.

Leelee,
I don't consider it so much a moisturizer as I do a treatment. I tend to be more cautious and if your skin is as sensitive as you say, and we know that the skin needs to acclimate to the oxygen, why toss one more thing into the fire.Technically, the Kombis are moisturizers but your skin needs to adjust first. The adjustment phase can last anywhere from 4-6 weeks. If you need additional moisture, as I did, use a moisturizer that you know you can tolerate and are comfortable with. Obviously, not one with a bunch of actives. I used C for Carrots from Walgreens. Make sure you're waiting 5-6 minutes after applying your Kombi before you put something on top of it. For starters, maybe try the VK1 at night only for the first week or two. If that works for you you can either add the H sparingly or try the VK in the am. Obviously,I don't belong to the 'everything and the kitchen sink' school of skincare. LOL. If this works out for you, I think you'll love the Essential Mask.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:26 am      Reply with quote
My 2 cents (or in my case, as I'm from the UK, pence):

I think the problem with any very long thread on EDS is that it inevitably propagates the 'lemming effect'. The mere fact that it's so long attracts attention; we're all after good results, so a long thread seemingly suggests lots of good results. Skincare is clearly a passionate and emotive subject for all of us, so I guess the odd 'heated debate' will come up in the course of a long thread - but I'd just like to say that I think advice has been handled very responsibly throughout the long course of the KH thread: if you're interested read as much as you can (yes, invest a couple of evenings and read the thread start to finish), start with a small order, get samples, and use the advised amount of product. This was the advise Blues gave me, and I have tried to give the same if I've been PM'd about KH.

I met a woman last week who is in her 60s and has been using KH exlusively for 15 years. Her skin was beautiful - and she swore it was all down to KH. Now this might not be concrete evidence that there should be no fears over long-term damage, but the same is true of so much cutting edge skincare products and treatments. I personally am terrified of Botox and won't go there, and so I can understand if some people don't like the idea of oxygen/hp. It's all a matter of personal choice, but the difference here on EDS is that at least we're trying to make and help each other with *informed* personal choices.

As for my own results with KH, I continue to be delighted. I think the thing that has amazed me the most is the complete 100% eradication of my t-zone problem. It is gone! As is a sun spot on my cheek. (I had melasma on another area of my face which I was able to control with hydroquinone - another 'controversial' topic! - and so although KH got rid of this new sun spot on my face, I don't know if it works for full-on melasma. I have to say I'd be surprised if it did. Has anyone achieved results to suggest otherwise?) I am also having good results with the eye cream, which I'll report after longer use.

In the last week, though, I got another one of those nasty chin zits. Again, it went down pretty quickly - but this time, not completely. There is still something there and the only way I can describe it (apologies if this is a bit gross) is that there is still some gunk that appears to be 'trapped' under skin that 'thinks' it has healed. I can't extract it, and it's just sitting there doing nothing. I've been using Oxy Face on the chin, as this is the one area on my face that is prone to breakouts. Any suggestions? TIA!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:46 am      Reply with quote
Just thought I'd add to this thread that I finally received my order after weeks of waiting!
I bought the Chocolate Professional Cleanser, The Milk Cleanser, Mild Scrub, Oxygen Face Cream, Vita A Kombi 1, Essential Mask and the Oxygen Eye Cream.

I've only been using the products for 4 days so I can't do a review yet, but I plan on using the KH products exclusively for the next month or so to see how it goes. I must say that already my skin is amazingly soft. I absolutely adore the Mild Scrub, it's fantastic. I'm still trying to get the hang of using the Chocolate Cleanser...I always seem to use too much and my face feels too oily afterwards, but if I use a pearl size amount it doesn't seem to be that easy to work into my skin, but I'll keep going with it. I'm not sure if it's going to be effective for me as I have quite congested skin but perhaps if I get the application right it will.

I'm using the Milk Cleanser and Oxygen Cream in the day and the Chocolate Cleanser and Vita A Kombi 1 in the evening.

It's difficult to resist the urge to massage the products in! I'm going to carry on with the Vita A Kombi 1 for a few weeks but am looking forward to trying the VAK 2 with the VAK 3 to spot treat if needs be. It's a shame that EDS doesn't stock the small sized VAK 3 at the moment. I saw that JoElla does. Anyhow i'll update on my results after I've used it for a period of time!
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:48 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart....thank you so much for your advice which I will definitely use. The one positive note with the KH is that I have no trouble with the eye cream. I am so sensitive to anything around my eyes but to my complete surprise the eye cream causes no irritation and is quite moisturizing. I even use it on my eyelids and I could not do that with any other cream. I truly want the KH to work. I have seen people who use KH products and I have to honestly say that they all, without exception, have the most beautiful complections regardless of age. I know there is "something" to this skin care line. That's just my opinion.

So, thank you BluesHeart for you help and encouragement. I greatly appreciate it.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 am      Reply with quote
graceless,
I'm hoping someone else pops in to give advice. Have you tried the Oxy as a mask and used the plastic wrap? Maybe try that for a few days in a row and see if you can persuade that little bugger.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
Just thought I'd add to this thread that I finally received my order after weeks of waiting!
I bought the Chocolate Professional Cleanser, The Milk Cleanser, Mild Scrub, Oxygen Face Cream, Vita A Kombi 1, Essential Mask and the Oxygen Eye Cream.

I've only been using the products for 4 days so I can't do a review yet, but I plan on using the KH products exclusively for the next month or so to see how it goes. I must say that already my skin is amazingly soft. I absolutely adore the Mild Scrub, it's fantastic. I'm still trying to get the hang of using the Chocolate Cleanser...I always seem to use too much and my face feels too oily afterwards, but if I use a pearl size amount it doesn't seem to be that easy to work into my skin, but I'll keep going with it. I'm not sure if it's going to be effective for me as I have quite congested skin but perhaps if I get the application right it will.

I'm using the Milk Cleanser and Oxygen Cream in the day and the Chocolate Cleanser and Vita A Kombi 1 in the evening.

It's difficult to resist the urge to massage the products in! I'm going to carry on with the Vita A Kombi 1 for a few weeks but am looking forward to trying the VAK 2 with the VAK 3 to spot treat if needs be. It's a shame that EDS doesn't stock the small sized VAK 3 at the moment. I saw that JoElla does. Anyhow i'll update on my results after I've used it for a period of time!

Sel,
Do you like the choco cleansing smell? Are you applying the cleanser to a dry face? Once I started applying it to my face dry everything seemed to fall into place. I apply the pearl sized amount to my index finger and then place my finger tips together to spread it and then apply to my face. It seems to spread easier dry for some wierd reason. I then continue to massage it in and do not add water until it's time to rinse. Make sure you're using warm/hot water. Sorry if I'm telling you something you know.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
I'm still trying to get the hang of using the Chocolate Cleanser...I always seem to use too much and my face feels too oily afterwards, but if I use a pearl size amount it doesn't seem to be that easy to work into my skin, but I'll keep going with it. I'm not sure if it's going to be effective for me as I have quite congested skin but perhaps if I get the application right it will.

Do let it sit on your skin before you massage the cleanser. And if you feel greasy after, just use a tiny bit of your Milk Cleanser.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:28 am      Reply with quote
This is a very preliminary report on the Silhouette. I have only been using this for 3 days and I am using it only once a day on my abdominal area. This morning when I looked in the mirror, I had to do a double take. I am starting to develop these lines along either side of my abdomen that you see usually on a very fit person. I was really shocked, as even when I was at my smallest weight, I did not have these lines. Again, just a preliminary report. I will post back after I have been using this for 1 month, unless I have another small miracle happen! Very Happy
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:42 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
This is a very preliminary report on the Silhouette. I have only been using this for 3 days and I am using it only once a day on my abdominal area. This morning when I looked in the mirror, I had to do a double take. I am starting to develop these lines along either side of my abdomen that you see usually on a very fit person. I was really shocked, as even when I was at my smallest weight, I did not have these lines. Again, just a preliminary report. I will post back after I have been using this for 1 month, unless I have another small miracle happen! Very Happy

Riley,
What wonderful news to share! So it looks like the Tonus isn't needed. Would you mind sharing your application tips with us?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:29 am      Reply with quote
So I'll weigh in on the Tonic Lotion....in one word: Meh. Rolling Eyes

It says it is alcohol free, but the 2nd ingredient is denatured alcohol, and it smells like alcohol to me. Confused I was underwhelmed, to say the least.

Quote:
Karin Herzog Tonic Lotion: An alcohol-free toning lotion, designed for extreme purification.

Description: Tonic Lotion is an anti-bacterial toner, designed to dissolve makeup and oils left after cleansing, as well as the residue left by hard water. Alcohol-free and suitable for all skin types, Tonic Lotion gently restores the skin's natural pH balance with pure waters and almond oil, leaving the skin wonderfully pure and ready for treatment and oxygenation.

Recommended Use: Apply to face using a soaked cotton pad.

Ingredients: Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Citric Acid, Almond Oil, PEG-6 Esters.

Denatured Alcohol is often used as a solvent...this must be in there to break down calcium on your skin as they advertise. (I decided to try this because I have extremely hard water)

This might be good if I didn't have time to wash my face and needed to quickly strip off a day's worth of oil and grunge. But my first instinct was that it would be too drying if I used it daily.

I WAAAAY prefer my Proactiv Toner which I use every morning, and will be continuing with that...it is actually supposed to be moisturizing and I like the smell and the way my skin feel after using.

I will not be rebuying the KH Tonic Lotion. I actually wouldn't even use it if you gave it to me for free.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:32 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

It says it is alcohol free, but the 2nd ingredient is denatured alcohol, and it smells like alcohol to me. Confused I was underwhelmed, to say the least.

Quote:
Karin Herzog Tonic Lotion: An alcohol-free toning lotion, designed for extreme purification.

Description: Tonic Lotion is an anti-bacterial toner, designed to dissolve makeup and oils left after cleansing, as well as the residue left by hard water. Alcohol-free and suitable for all skin types, Tonic Lotion gently restores the skin's natural pH balance with pure waters and almond oil, leaving the skin wonderfully pure and ready for treatment and oxygenation.

Ingredients: Aqua, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Citric Acid, Almond Oil, PEG-6 Esters.

Denatured Alcohol is often used as a solvent...this must be in there to break down calcium on your skin as they advertise. (I decided to try this because I have extremely hard water)

This might be good if I didn't have time to wash my face and needed to quickly strip off a day's worth of oil and grunge. But my first instinct was that it would be too drying if I used it daily.

I WAAAAY prefer my Proactiv Toner which I use every morning, and will be continuing with that...it is actually supposed to be moisturizing and I like the smell and the way my skin feel after using.

I will not be rebuying the KH Tonic Lotion. I actually wouldn't even use it if you gave it to me for free.

Yuck! Well, one lemming down. Thanks Bethany. I'll stick with what I'm doing now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Yogi, the helpful hints for me were not to rush adding more products just use a few and go from there. I asked about the vit. H cream and said it wasn't for me ( didn't elaborate) also said I probably wouldn't be able to use the vita a kombi2 my skin was to sensitive. It will take me longer to get the great results that some of others are getting, but hopefully I'll get there.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
annie313 wrote:
Hi Yogi, the helpful hints for me were not to rush adding more products just use a few and go from there. I asked about the vit. H cream and said it wasn't for me ( didn't elaborate) also said I probably wouldn't be able to use the vita a kombi2 my skin was to sensitive. It will take me longer to get the great results that some of others are getting, but hopefully I'll get there.

Annie, can you please refresh my memory on what kind of skin you have? I am just wondering why she wouldn't have recommended the Vit H for you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany, I have mature skin that's very sensitive with rosacea. My skin is also thin. I thought the Vit H cream would be perfect for my skin, but JoElla advised me to use the Oxygen cream when I started to get redness and breakouts. After reading all the wonderful thing about the cream I have to restrain myself from ordering it.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
annie313 wrote:
Hi Bethany, I have mature skin that's very sensitive with rosacea. My skin is also thin. I thought the Vit H cream would be perfect for my skin, but JoElla advised me to use the Oxygen cream when I started to get redness and breakouts. After reading all the wonderful thing about the cream I have to restrain myself from ordering it.

I wonder if it's because the Vit H also contains Vit A? (which I didnt realize)

I also wonder if the Rosewood would irritate some people (the smell of rosewood actually bothers me, but I can now tolerate it as long as I don't put it on right before bed).

Karin Herzog Vitamin H Cream

Active Ingredients: Made with Vitamin H (biotin) a rare and unique vitamin that helps to improve cell metabolism, Vitamin A, B-Vitamins, Soya Proteins, and Essential Rosewood.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Blues, I really don't have any special application technique for the Silhouette. I put a tag bigger than a pea size on my fingertip, dot that on my abdominal area and then just spread it out. I give it 3-5 minutes to absorb in before I let any material touch the area.
annie313
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Bethany, I didn't know the the Vit H cream had A in it. My skin can't tolerate to many things. I think it's from using Retin-A and lots of scrubs when I was younger, and lets not forget sunbathing. Now I have thin skin, rosacea, and probably intolerance's to many things Sad
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
After finding out that the Vit H and the Essential Mask have Vit A in them, a question came into my tiny pea brain...

Dr. Huber from 302 says that we can burn out our skin receptors to various actives (like Vit A, Vit C, etc.) if we use them every day. Therefore, he recommends never using the same active 2 days in a row.

The Question: Is there any merit to alternating KH products w/Vit A with KH products w/o Vit A?

Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:34 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
After finding out that the Vit H and the Essential Mask have Vit A in them, a question came into my tiny pea brain...

Dr. Huber from 302 says that we can burn out our skin receptors to various actives (like Vit A, Vit C, etc.) if we use them every day. Therefore, he recommends never using the same active 2 days in a row.

The Question: Is there any merit to alternating KH products w/Vit A with KH products w/o Vit A?

That and is the oxygen/HP considered an active or just a part of the delivery system or neither? hmm Come to think of it, I think Blues brought this up a while back the thread but I can't remember the answer! Laughing I'll try to find it.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
bethany wrote:

That a great question, Bethany, that I've been wondering for a while too. That, and is the oxygen/HP considered an active or just a part of the delivery system or neither? hmm

Havana, I thought about the O/HP as well, and chucked them off my list because I sort of viewed them as more of a chemical reaction thing and that oxygen is always there. But if Vit A is essential for cell metabolism, isn't it always in cells too?

I do recall reading somewhere in the KH literature that KH said the VK's are products that you can use on an ongoing basis without "skin fatigue" which I assumed they equated to becoming less effective over time. However, they could be referring specifically to the O/HP vs. the Vit A (or not, lol...I have no idea!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Hi ladies,
You're right, Havana that was a question I tossed out but I don't think it was answered. I
did some thinking on it and came to my own conclusions. LOL. Not that that means anything. I 'think' the delivery system of getting the A deeper within the skin versus a topical application kind of makes the idea of skin fatigue a moot point regarding this line. I was one who couldn't tolerate any retinols prior to using KH. Now, I'm probably all wet here and I'd love to know something more concrete but that's my thought. Because KH does specifically note the fact that this does not cause skin receptor fatigue is interesting to me and I'd love to hear their reasoning. What do you all think? I'd love to hear.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Quote:

Hi Bethany, I couldn't smell anything and it hasn't been too drying for me to use twice a day. Like I said before, I can't go without a toner and this one seems to be ok without feeling like it was too drying (remember clinique clarfying lotion?), too stripping (aveda toner) and too tacky (jurlique rose water). I have a combination skin. Maybe it is to do with skin type.
clearskindiva
5% products discount

Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I was so shocked that they say no alcohol in the Tonic and put it in, so I went to the karin herzog US website and this is what they had. I am wondering if they changed the formula. I wouldn't want this if it had alcohol either! They listed this as the ingredients of the tonic:

Aqua Glycerin Polysorbate 20 citric acid almond oil peg-6 esters methylparaben propylparaben parfum
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
clearskindiva wrote:
Hi, I was so shocked that they say no alcohol in the Tonic and put it in, so I went to the karin herzog US website and this is what they had. I am wondering if they changed the formula. I wouldn't want this if it had alcohol either! They listed this as the ingredients of the tonic:

Aqua Glycerin Polysorbate 20 citric acid almond oil peg-6 esters methylparaben propylparaben parfum

Hmmm...maybe they did change it because the back of my bottle does include denatured alchol as the 2nd ingredient. Note that my version does NOT have "parfum" and the one without the alcohol DOES include it.

BTW, I just got mine from JoElla this week.

Peppy, would you mind checking the back of your bottle to see which version you have? Thanks!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |