Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:32 am      Reply with quote
When people say that they are seeing results in less than a week, what results are you seeing?
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:58 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
ScotsLass wrote:
Like others have reported recently, the blemish/nodule was hard to the touch and refused to be extracted. Over time the skin on top of it began to heal even though the hard lump below the skin continued to persist.

Hi ScotsLass, good to hear from you (I was wondering where you've been hiding Smile )

I have several nodules you describe Confused. Nasty-looking and painful. As i said, for a couple of days now I've been only applying a prescription antibiotic acne cream to all the blemishes and that seems to be helping a bit.

I don't think that any of the KH creams I'm using contain the Wheat Germ Oil, so I don't think that's the culprit in my case. In any case, I've put KH to rest for now, and will go back only when things calm down completely.

To be honest, after examining everything I'm doing (topicals I'm using, my diet, etc.), I am more and more inclined to think my skin problems are due to some of my hormonal issues. I also think that I probably made a mistake by not exfoliating my skin for a good month or so (therefore contributing to the clogging of my pores).

Anyway, thank you guys for all your comments and advice. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Hello rubby!!! Smile I've been MIA due to summer activities, traveling, and entertaining family members visiting from the UK. It's been a wee bit crazy and I've had hardly any free time to read through forums or catch up on all the lastest around here!

You know I still can't get over how suddenly your skin went from doing so well to being invaded with cystic acne. But I can relate to it because this is exactly what happened with the one cystic nodule on my nose. It developed over a 2-3 day period and lasted longer than any blemish I've ever experienced in my life. Even as a teen, any cystic outbreak I ever had (always on my chin), lasted around 7-10 days then subsided. So living with a large blemish for 3 1/2 weeks is unheard of for me, especially since I never suffer from acne outbreaks as a norm, and if I do, it is generally hormonally triggered and dies down in 2-3 days.

I realize you haven't been using anything with Wheat Germ oil in it, like I did, but I still think there is a connection between this outbreak and the KH products. Unless this is normal for you - have you had a breakout like this before, or in recent months or years?

You raise a good point about exfoliation, or lack thereof for the past month. I just checked the ingredients in the Mild Scrub and again it contains mineral oil. So I wouldn't be inclined to use it exclusively as your only exfoliator, as your skin really needs some natural breathing room as it rids itself of impurities, etc. Other than NCN's pumpkin peel, what other products have you used in the past to exfoliate with? Have you tried PSF's Pumkpin Peel or Juice Beauty's Green Apple Peel? I personally love JB's Green Apple Peel because it's a combo of 10% AHA/BHA and my skin tolerates it very well.

I truly hope your skin heals quickly and that you are not left with any lingering red marks. I'm not sure if you've tried this, or feel adventurous enough to, but I found that organic raw honey really helped my skin during my mini-crisis with KH. For three days in a row I applied it as a mask and left it on for 30 minutes then rinsed it off. It's a fantastic moisturizer, is loaded with antibacterial properties, and is quite effective at healing acne outbreaks. I'm pretty certain it helped in my own situation (just wish I had begun to use it 3+ weeks ago instead of waiting until last week!). Thought I'd mention this natural remedy in case it helps you. Remember to test it out on a patch of skin to make sure you're not allergic to raw honey before you apply it all over your face! You can pick it up at Whole Foods or a number of health food stores.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Rubby - Since we're both using the same esthetician downtown, why not pop in tomorrow on your lunch break and ask her what she thinks about your situation. She may be able to analyse the way you were using your KH products and find a possible cause for the extreme outbreak.

If you are interested in additional natural remedies to heal your skin (non-KH), let me know. I just met a wonderful holistic esthetician who might be able to help you (oh, and she is a former expert of the KH line, so she may know more than anyone else what the heck is going on with your skin). PM me if you want more info. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
jenw wrote:
When people say that they are seeing results in less than a week, what results are you seeing?

Hi jenw - What I saw in the first week was reduced pore size (this was quite noticeable on my nose and along my NL area) and that my skin tone was even (can be patchy) and brighter.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Oh lawd. You poor things. Thank goodness I've not had any problems like you're describing. The only thing I had was two or three bumps near my mouth that were hard and extracted easily. I think one of those got a whitehead but everything disappeared easily. I assumed it was a light purging effect as the contents seemed to be old sebum. The thought of cystic acne makes my eyes spin in fear. Shock For me, using the cleanser on a dry face made a big difference in how clean my skin felt afterwards.
graceless, you might sign up for JoE's email newsletter just for the info. I don't know how many times she reiterates that Vita 1, as SL said, is more than enough for most people. She also has given ideas for doing a facial. The other thing that she stresses is the important of using the correct amount and I will go out on a limb here and say that's likely because of the mineral oil. Though, I do admit to being confused as to why they recommend the VK2 for more oily, acneic skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
ScotsLass, rubby, how long were you using the products before you starting having breakouts? I've been using the products for about a week and already had a big hard bump show up at the corner of my mouth a couple days ago. One isn't bad, but it's the first pimple I've had in months so leads me to believe KH is the cause. I extracted it I now have a big red sore which I am using oxygen face on a few times a day and want to see if it will heal faster than normal. I have the type of skin that leaves a red mark and months after a blemish has healed, so the thought of going through a cystic episode has me extremely nervous.

Hi Diana! Smile I experienced bumps under my skin in the chin/jaw line area during the first 1-2 weeks of using the products, but didn't panic because others had reported the same thing. I did not even try to extract these weird bumps from under my skin as I was confident they would go away with continual use of the VK-1%. And they did.

The large cystic blemish developed much much later on, but in my case this was triggered because I introduced samples of the Additional Sweet Night Cream into my routine. My skin could not tolerate the combination of wheat germ oil and mineral oil all in one cream. I also do not tolerate the ingredients in the Vita-A-Apricot Cream that well either (I'm certain it's the apricot oil!). A lot of my own problems are probably related to my combination skin type and the fact I'm sensitive to boot. Having a mixed skin type means I really need to adjust my products to address the conflicting areas of my face, rather than trying to apply one product and make it work for everything. My t-zone is always a problem area for me, so I have to be careful with the products I apply to my forehead, nose, mouth area and chin.

It sounds as if your own t-zone is adjusting to the KH products at the moment and that your breakout is from the H202, and is probably a one-off. If you have any acne causing bacteria in or on your skin the H202 will target it right away and attempt to kill it. From what I've read it is also common for the H202 to quickly force a blemish to the top of your skin in order to kill the bacteria. This would explain why almost all of us have experienced sudden blemishes or lumps and bumps once we begin using the Kombi's and/or oxygen products. It's the H202 at work here.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I wouldn't mind that the H202 is purging our skin of nasty acne-causing bacteria. Yet I really have to question the use of mineral oil in the same products as this ingredient is barrier forming once it's applied to your skin. So it makes sense to me that the bacteria and/or blemish that the H202 is trying to force to the skins surface is likely trapped to some extent by the mineral oil. And that the outcome of this could be transient bumps that remain under the surface of the skin or in the worst case scenario, the development of cystic acne nodules.

So just keep an eye on your skin, Diana, and monitor any sudden congestion that forms overnight. The use of the Facial Cream (which has 2% H202), the VK-3%, or the 3% Body Cream should really help to quickly heal anything that pops up. Keep us posted.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Come to think of it, I had one of those things too, near my mouth. I never thought at the time it could have been KH. It was hard, unlike any other break-out...I don't break out anymore. I thought about seeing a derm, but then one morning, it was gone. That was that.

This is what happened to me as well, the cystic nodule that developed literally disappeared overnight (after sitting prominently on my nose for almost a month! Rolling Eyes ). Very weird!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Going off topic here for a moment. Did anyone else get the newsletter from JoE about her trip to Vegas and the convention? I'm curious about the two products she mentioned, the eyelash stuff and the skincare product that gave such good results. Apparently, it's a line that's been around 35 years and she's going to start carrying a few things. Anyone have guesses as to what line it is?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Going off topic here for a moment. Did anyone else get the newsletter from JoE about her trip to Vegas and the convention? I'm curious about the two products she mentioned, the eyelash stuff and the skincare product that gave such good results. Apparently, it's a line that's been around 35 years and she's going to start carrying a few things. Anyone have guesses as to what line it is?

Here's the exhibitor list, it's one of these companies. Ok, everybody go sleuthing because there are a ton of companies.

http://iecsc.com/lasvegas_exhibitors.php
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I got the email also and I am dying to find out which line she is talking about. Maybe one of us should email and ask her. Blues? Wink
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
boski wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

Here's the exhibitor list, it's one of these companies. Ok, everybody go sleuthing because there are a ton of companies.

Ohmy Boski, that's quite a list. LOL. Hey, since you're here, any news on the Calmskin site?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
I got the email also and I am dying to find out which line she is talking about. Maybe one of us should email and ask her. Blues? Wink

Cookie,
You realize what's going to happen? I'll give you the name and off you go with credit card in hand. I'm on it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Blues, You know me too well. Very Happy I have absolutely NO self control!!!!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
I got the email, as well. I am Very interested in the eyelash stuff. I hope she gets this up on the site soon!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Riley,
Do you think it's a new one or one we've heard of. For her to discount it so much has me very curious.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
That is a good question, Blues! I am leaning toward it being one that we have not heard of due to the price. Can't wait to find out! Very Happy
havana8

Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
I am wondering if it is something like DermaLash or SD Lash which are around $90. hmm
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
boski wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

Ohmy Boski, that's quite a list. LOL. Hey, since you're here, any news on the Calmskin site?

Nope, no news. Dr H said very soon. I would not hold my breath though... He's said that about his book too... Confused

I am going to be away on vacation for a couple weeks starting Thursday, but will try to get to my email every once in awhile. As soon as I get the note from Dr Huber that it's open, I will post it on the 302 forum.
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I just spent a good long while trudging through the exhibitor list. Yes, really. (I am procrastinating on a project. And doing a FINE job, I might add.)

Revitalash, Talika, and Jan Marini are all there, so it could be their product. Although Nutra Luxe has a Beauty Lash MD that looks like the same sort of thing.

Good God, I'm exhausted. Who knew we needed eyebrow stamps? And MINK EYELASHES (reusable, thank you very much. NOT, um, cruelty-free). Emu oil (with the owner beaming while she hugged the neck of one doomed bird). Himalayan salt lamps (2 exhibitors). Tans, teeth, glitter, music, smocks, software, colonics, stones, mud, aluminum cases.

And for "intimate grooming"... SweetSpotLabs. Rolling Eyes Headquartered in Southern California. Color me unsurprised.

My new favorite word:

Botanoceuticals.

I need to get back to the hotel and put my feet up. Trade shows (and flea markets, and, for that matter, museums) always do this to me. When y'all are all done, look for me in the hotel bar.

"Hey Bartender! Mix me up one o' them Botanoceutical Bombers!"

Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
WOW Sidda, I got exhausted just looking at the list of the A exhibitors. I have been interested in getting a Himalayan salt lamp so I might just check those out. I LOVE flea markets!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Sidda wrote:
Well, I just spent a good long while trudging through the exhibitor list. Yes, really. (I am procrastinating on a project. And doing a FINE job, I might add.)

Revitalash, Talika, and Jan Marini are all there, so it could be their product. Although Nutra Luxe has a Beauty Lash MD that looks like the same sort of thing.

Good God, I'm exhausted. Who knew we needed eyebrow stamps? And MINK EYELASHES (reusable, thank you very much. NOT, um, cruelty-free). Emu oil (with the owner beaming while she hugged the neck of one doomed bird). Himalayan salt lamps (2 exhibitors). Tans, teeth, glitter, music, smocks, software, colonics, stones, mud, aluminum cases.

And for "intimate grooming"... SweetSpotLabs. Rolling Eyes Headquartered in Southern California. Color me unsurprised.

My new favorite word:

Botanoceuticals.

I need to get back to the hotel and put my feet up. Trade shows (and flea markets, and, for that matter, museums) always do this to me. When y'all are all done, look for me in the hotel bar.

"Hey Bartender! Mix me up one o' them Botanoceutical Bombers!"

Laughing

Well Sidda, I couldn't resist and went looking at Sweetspot. LOL. I want this one.
http://www.sweetspotlabs.com/?rm=product_eau

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
Sidda, you are too funny!
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:

Well Sidda, I couldn't resist and went looking at Sweetspot. LOL. I want this one.
http://www.sweetspotlabs.com/?rm=product_eau

Bookmarked.

THANKS. Laughing

Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Sidda wrote:

The pricing makes sense too... BeautyLash MD 1.5 ml is $60, the 3.0 ml is $85 and the 4.5ml is $110.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Sidda wrote:

The pricing makes sense too... BeautyLash MD 1.5 ml is $60, the 3.0 ml is $85 and the 4.5ml is $110.

I'd be interested in the Nutraluxe product. If I remember correctly, the Dr mentioned is a well thought of California PS. I did email JoE last night but I've heard nothing back.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |