Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
I did some research of the Allergan lawsuit. They originally named six companies as violating their patent. Marini and Ritalash among them. Apparently they didn't even check the ingredients of others thoroughly... one company asked that the suit against them be dropped, because they had no bitawhatsitsprost in their product. Rolling Eyes

Sloppy litigation, anyone?

Allergan is clearly about to release its own lash elixir. And it will be bitawhatsitsprost. There is nothing to say the ingredient caused any damage, other than darkening iris and skin. The only lawsuit is Allergan's -- because they're upset someone else marketed the idea and not them. They know full well the market for longer lashes is tons more lucrative than the one for glaucoma patients. And they will now have both!

Okay. Enough thread hijacking. The suit is scheduled to reach court in Nov 2009. And Allergan will win some damages.

I SAID "Enough thread hijacking". . . SHEESH, Sidda, back off, will ya? Neutral

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Sidda wrote:
I did some research of the Allergan lawsuit. They originally named six companies as violating their patent. Marini and Ritalash among them. Apparently they didn't even check the ingredients of others thoroughly... one company asked that the suit against them be dropped, because they had no bitawhatsitsprost in their product. Rolling Eyes

Allergan is clearly about to release its own lash elixir. And it will be bitawhatsitsprost. There is nothing to say the ingredient caused any damage, other than darkening iris and skin. The only lawsuit is Allergan's -- because they're upset someone else marketed the idea and not them. They know full well the market for longer lashes is tons more lucrative than the one for glaucoma patients. And they will now have both!

Okay. Enough thread hijacking. The suit is scheduled to reach court in Nov 2009. And Allergan will win some damages.

Grrr...I hate Big Pharma!!! Mad Mad Mad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Sidda wrote:

I was the one who received a phone call from Jan
Marini herself over this brouhaha and I have to say that EVERYTHING she told me on the phone that evening has come to pass. What I find the most infuriating is that it wasn't just Allergan but a collusion of sorts with a government agency. Ok, back to our regularly scheduled programming, whatever that is. We've gone from Sweet Spots to Lashes.

Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Sidda wrote:

I was the one who received a phone call from Jan
Marini herself over this brouhaha and I have to say that EVERYTHING she told me on the phone that evening has come to pass. What I find the most infuriating is that it wasn't just Allergan but a collusion of sorts with a government agency. Ok, back to our regularly scheduled programming, whatever that is. We've gone from Sweet Spots to Lashes.

I believe it was DermaQuest that asked the suit against them to be dropped as their drug-free product, DermaLash, did not contain the offending ingredient.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
I believe it was DermaQuest that asked the suit against them to be dropped as their drug-free product, DermaLash, did not contain the offending ingredient.

Really? I always thought it was Enormous Lash.

Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:

No, they dropped their suit against DermaQuest after reviewing their formula.
http://www.dermaquestinc.com/files/SkincareCompanyDismissedWithoutPrejudicefromPatentInfringementLawsuit.pdf

Enormous Lash (or Massive Lash as it used to be known) has a prostaglandin (PGF, supplied by Cayman Chemical Co.) in it as its active ingredient.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

No, they dropped their suit against DermaQuest after reviewing their formula.
http://www.dermaquestinc.com/files/SkincareCompanyDismissedWithoutPrejudicefromPatentInfringementLawsuit.pdf

Enormous Lash (or Massive Lash as it used to be know) has a prostaglandin (PGF, supplied by Cayman Chemical Co.) in it as its active ingredient.

Thanks Havana. Dermalash is the one I would see on Ebay for under 20 bucks. Curiously, I've not seen it recently.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
MD Lash Factor by PhotoMedex is the hot one, now. It uses a molecule derived from protaglandins, according to the WSJ. But makes no claims about the structure of the lash being changed. And doesn't impede on Allergan's patent, of course.

photomedex.com. Under "Other treatments."

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:24 am      Reply with quote
Qick update. I still have pimples showing up in weird places, but I do think things are slowing down a bit. I don't even have to tell you how many angry red scars I have all over my face and neck (a large one smacked right in the middle of my throat area Mad !!??). I am continuing with my mild aspirin mask (with loads of honey) + prescription antibiotic cream routine, and that seems to be working.
The bad thing is that now that I'm not using KH, i can see a clear increase in blackheads all over my face Confused . You just can't win Rolling Eyes .
Anyway, I finally placed my order to take advantage of the 25% discount + redeemed my $50 voucher, so I'm getting $160 worth of KH stuff for less than $80. At least that makes me happy Very Happy .
I'm getting the following:
* Oxy Body 3%
* Professional CC
* Mild Scrub
* Essential Mask
When I receive my order I'll go back to my KH routine.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
havana8

Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Sidda wrote:
MD Lash Factor by PhotoMedex is the hot one, now. It uses a molecule derived from protaglandins, according to the WSJ. But makes no claims about the structure of the lash being changed. And doesn't impede on Allergan's patent, of course.

photomedex.com. Under "Other treatments."

we've been keeping track of all the lash growth enhancing products with ingredient listings throughout this thread:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=26723&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
(the ingredient deck for ProCyte MD Lash Factor is on page 1)
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Have to ask - Wonder what makes the Sweet Spot stuff so special???? I mean what's in there? Laughing Laughing

Of course I put it under my favorites too. Wonder if they gave samples?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Have to ask - Wonder what makes the Sweet Spot stuff so special???? I mean what's in there? Laughing Laughing

Of course I put it under my favorites too. Wonder if they gave samples?

Sweets for the sweet. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Beautylash MD, guys. It is on Joella's site!
havana8

Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

so who wants to be the BeautyLash guinea pig for the good of us all? Laughing

Beautylash MD
Ingredient Listing: Water, Hydrolyzed Glucosaminoglycans (and) Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylyl Glycol (and) Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Sodium Lactate (and) Sodium PCA (and) Sorbitol (and) Proline, Sodium Phosphate, Biotin, Sodium Chloride, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Polysorbate 20, Triethanolamine
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Beautylash MD
Ingredient Listing: Water, Hydrolyzed Glucosaminoglycans (and) Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylyl Glycol (and) Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Sodium Lactate (and) Sodium PCA (and) Sorbitol (and) Proline, Sodium Phosphate, Biotin, Sodium Chloride, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Polysorbate 20, Trietohanolamine

Havana, which one is the magic ingredient here?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
Riley,
I'm wondering about how you've done with the Silhouette and Toner?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Blues. Well, I never did get the tonus, so I have just used the Silhouette by itself. Sadly, other than my initial 2 lines down the abs, that was it. I did not lose any inches with this. I am going to start this on my upper arms and see how I do there with it. Very Happy
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Today is my one month mark using the Silhouette and Tonus B12 so I thought I'd give a little review.

I started out using the Silhouette on my thighs, front and back, hips and butt, twice a day. I followed the Silhouette by using the Tonus but I also used the Tonus on my entire arms and abs as well. Within the first week, I began to only spot treat with the Silhouette, butt and the side/back of thighs because I'm impatient and I found the wait time and application a pain in the butt. A approximately three week point I dropped to once a day. Cellulite isn't a problem for me but I had one area, the side back of my left thigh that felt lumpy and it appeared slightly bigger than the right side of my thigh. After two and a half weeks I could tell a difference in how that area felt to touch. It seemed smoother and smaller. Additionally, I spot treated three areas on my legs that were darker in skin tone than the rest of my legs. None of those three areas are completely gone but they are smaller and lighter. My esthetician noticed the change on the spot on my calf after drybrushing me before a body wrap. I
consider that part of the experiment to be successful and I will continue to spot treat those areas. Whether this will have the same result with the 3% body cream I can't answer. I do see a difference in how the skin treated feels. It's almost as if it's thicker somehow and more dense but yet smoother. Regarding the Silhouette I will continue to use my tube and will purchase another to see what happens after using for two or three months. I do want to point out that I find the results I've had to be sublte for the most part. Additionally, I realized three weeks into my experiment that I'd gained five pounds, damn grad party food, so in light of that I'm pleased with these subtle results. I REALLY like the Tonus. I have found a deep moisturization that seems to last and last. I've always been a body butter girl and the Tonus gives a moisture that seems to sink into the skin whereas the body butter is more likely to just sit on top, more barrier like. If you are someone who tends to be dehyrated, this is a great product and very little is needed. I will purchase this again. Whether I use it with the Silhouette or 3% body lotion will depend on what I think after another round of Silhouette.

Application: Since I've used KH on my face for nearly six months I didn't anticipate any issues with using the Silhouette on my body. WRONG. For me, working on a larger area threw me totally and in the beginning I used entirely too much. I started out utilizing the pat pat method and that drove me nuts so I've since moved on to dotting it on the areas being treated and then smoothing a thin layer making a effort to not go over it more than once. This seems to work and I will try a brush but I kept forgetting to pick one up.
I've found that after applying the Silhouette I get white splotchy areas that I assume is the oxygen but those go away after applying the Tonus. JoE recommends Tonus first then Silhouette but for me I preferred the Silhouette first. I still feel pricklies after application and I've found those occur in the areas where there is more body fat.
If you are looking for true fat burning then I believe you are better off using John Hill's Fat Burning Gel. I don't believe in instant results in anything and this isn't an exception. But being consistent seems to have brought some smoothening and tightening so I will continue with it to reevaluate later.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:24 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Beautylash MD
Ingredient Listing: Water, Hydrolyzed Glucosaminoglycans (and) Sodium Hyaluronate, Caprylyl Glycol (and) Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Sodium Lactate (and) Sodium PCA (and) Sorbitol (and) Proline, Sodium Phosphate, Biotin, Sodium Chloride, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Polysorbate 20, Triethanolamine

I am going to be your guinea pig, Havana! I bought it! Very Happy
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:26 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
havana8 wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Beautylash MD

Oh goody. Can't wait to hear. I need more but I'm at a loss of which product to buy.

Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:30 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
havana8 wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Beautylash MD

Oh goody. Can't wait to hear. I need more but I'm at a loss of which product to buy.

Yippee!! and hurray, Rileygirl!! We'll try not to hound you. Laughing
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
havana8 wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Beautylash MD

Yippee!! and hurray, Rileygirl!! We'll try not to hound you. Laughing

Horay - we'll all be waiting for the results. I have the "old" Revitalash formula (ebay) right now but I'm sure that's going to be an expired product next go round and I'll need a substitute. Would love to get it from JoE
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
So who took advantage of the GoGreen 25% off. Last Day. I'm still thinking about it. I already get 20 but my eyecream is looking a bit low and there is that Vit H I've been wanting?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
So who took advantage of the GoGreen 25% off. Last Day. I'm still thinking about it. I already get 20 but my eyecream is looking a bit low and there is that Vit H I've been wanting?

Not me. I don't need anything and I hate to spend money on something that I don't have need for at the moment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

I took advantage of it.....twice Confused I'm a sucker for a good sale. I'm also one of those people that stock up during sales which sometimes comes and kicks me in the butt because if I don't like it then I'm stuck with lots of something I'll never use. My sister loves it though because she gets it all. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |