Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:22 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
OT kind of. Has anyone tried the body oil by KH? I started drybrushing this week and love it but I noticed in one of the EDS threads someone recommends a body oil afterwards versus a lotion.I cannot believe how soft my skin is from dry brushing.

Nope, haven't tried the body oil but I do love dry brushing! It makes my skin so soft and silky that I find that I don't need to put anything on my skin afterwards but, out of habit, I do anyway.

I really wish there was a way to pay for KH samples somewhere...i have a feeling that I won't stop my KH obsession until I have tried every product they make!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I really wish there was a way to pay for KH samples somewhere...i have a feeing that I won't stop my KH obsession until I have tried every product they make![/quote]

I agree, Bren. I have this huge, long list of things I want to try. The nail cream, the choco 2, the choco comfort cream, the foot cream and oil, the BODY scrub is really calling me. So if anyone has tried the body scrub, please let me know, and that doesn't include all the things I need to replace like the Silhouette and Tonus. And I even want to try the mineral make up. It's a sickness, I swear.

Bren, how often are you supposed to drybrush? I was reading an older thread Avalange started and she mentioned you should only use body oil. I'm using a body butter of Monoi de Tahiti that doesn't contain any icky stuff so do you think I'm ok? I love the smell which is why I'm using it still.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Regarding the AHA, I'm still using the sample I received, only three days a week so the jury is out. I did try Yogi's trick to use it under the Essential Mask and liked it that way too.

Do you apply the AHA, then the essential and leave them on as a mask then remove? Or do you leave them both on overnight?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
Regarding the AHA, I'm still using the sample I received, only three days a week so the jury is out. I did try Yogi's trick to use it under the Essential Mask and liked it that way too.

Do you apply the AHA, then the essential and leave them on as a mask then remove? Or do you leave them both on overnight?

Wellll, Yogi just informed I did it wrong. Laughing
This is what she did: Apply a thick layer of the AHA, remove after ten minutes and then apply the Essential. THAT is not what I did. I applied a thin layer of the AHA and then put the Essential on top which I slept in. I know SL recommended not sleeping in it and for some skin that may be right but JoE told me I could sleep in it and I have with no problems. I love the way my skin looks after. However, I used the products for several months before I did that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think there's a wrong or right, that's just what I do. You can also use the AHA under or over the VKs.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Bluesheart, I body brush daily. The reason why it's better to use an oil afterwards instead of a moisturiser is that it won't clog up the brush, something like that Embarassed I think.
I find the dry brushing more effective anyhow since I began using a body oil instead.

Avalange mentioned ages ago that she used a Logona body oil that I ended up purchasing and since then it's the one I always go back to. It comes with a pump which is far easier to use and smells amazing, but not too overpowering!
I had a quick look at the Karin Herzog one but I buy the Logona oil from a European site and it's so cheap compared to some other oils I've used at least.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
Bluesheart, I body brush daily. The reason why it's better to use an oil afterwards instead of a moisturiser is that it won't clog up the brush, something like that Embarassed I think.
I find the dry brushing more effective anyhow since I began using a body oil instead.

Avalange mentioned ages ago that she used a Logona body oil that I ended up purchasing and since then it's the one I always go back to. It comes with a pump which is far easier to use and smells amazing, but not too overpowering!
I had a quick look at the Karin Herzog one but I buy the Logona oil from a European site and it's so cheap compared to some other oils I've used at least.

Thank you Sel!! I appreciate it. It feels so good to brush I was hoping I could do it daily.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:37 am      Reply with quote
I've been using KH now for 6 weeks. The products that seem to work best for me are:

Prof CC (best cleanser I've ever used - can't believe the amount of grime that comes off)
Mild Scrub (use it a couple of times a week - like it as much as my previous HG Dermalogica Microfoliant)
VK1 (love it - use it under my eyes as well)
VK Facial Oil (love it)
Vit H (some part of my face seem to like it more than others, but my neck and chest are particularly responsive)
Essential Mask (love it)
The Dynamic Duo - Silhouette + Tonus (my left thigh seems to be responding better than my right, but that gives me hope that it is working)

As I reported several pages back, I didn't get on so well with Oxy Face or VK2. This wouldn't be a problem, except that some of my face "issues" would definitely benefit from a bit more oomph - namely, hormonal breakouts and some sunspots (VK1 got rid of one, but there are a couple of others that are proving a bit stubborn).

I'm going to summarise my good results and some frustrating ones, with the hope that someone might be able to suggest some routine tweaking:

Good: undereye area (no dark circles at all); no oily t-zone (none! and this was a problem for me); skin generally more luminous; reduction of breakouts everywhere but chin (see below).

Not so good: sometimes my skin looks 'patchy'; I've always been prone to chin breakouts, and was hoping this line might help me - and while I might get fewer zits, those that I do get are very stubborn (that 'trapped under the skin' phenomenon that a few of us have experienced). Oxy Face seemed to make it even worse, so I went back to Retin-A for a few days (which dried my chin out much worse than it ever used to), then back to VK1 (which sorted out the drying/peeling nearly overnight - amazing). I would love to resolve this chin problem once and for all - any advice *greatly* appreciated.

I had some very positive early results, then stalled a bit - I think my skin is still adjusting, and I have perhaps not yet found my perfect combination. Like rubby, I don't think my breakouts are necessarily *caused* by KH (there are other factors - stress, deviation from my normal diet, not enough water) - but, once the breakout is there, KH products have not improved matters.

The good results do continue to outweigh the bad ones (but, inevitably, I dwell on the bad ones!).

Sorry for the long post and TIA for any advice.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, I know this is off topic, but it's really bugging me. When posts get closer to the end of the page, why does the thread add another page to it but there are no posts? If I click on my email that says a post was made to my watched topic, all I get is a message saying "This topic does not contain any posts or it has been moved." Then I have to go find the KH thread then click on the second last page to find the last posts. This happens to me other threads also. It a PITA is it just me that is having this problem?
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Sorry, I know this is off topic, but it's really bugging me. When posts get closer to the end of the page, why does the thread add another page to it but there are no posts? If I click on my email that says a post was made to my watched topic, all I get is a message saying "This topic does not contain any posts or it has been moved." Then I have to go find the KH thread then click on the second last page to find the last posts. This happens to me other threads also. It a PITA is it just me that is having this problem?

not just you. I totally agree - PITA - must be a computer thing.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:

No you are not the only one. I started a topic about this very thing.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29367&highlight=

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Diana P wrote:

No you are not the only one. I started a topic about this very thing.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29367&highlight=

Sorry, didn't see that thread. Darn, I was hoping I was the only one with the problem and that it could be fixed.
havana8

Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:

As explained by Mabsy:

Mabsy wrote:
Hi ladies,

The forum has for quite some time now done background spam filtering, which is why you see very little actual spam on here. It still gets posted (LOTS of it) but as it goes through our spam filter it gets quarantined. That is why sometimes you see a thread with a few pages and when you click on one it tells you that no posts exist (they do, but they are not visible since they are nasty spam).

Best,
Mabsy

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=783&highlight=queen

Mabsy wrote:
Bushy - that is correct. We have spam filtering in place that filters out A LOT of spam - it essentially just makes it invisible, hence sometimes you get these threads that say that there are 20 posts when only 5 might be showing. I've cleaned up the thread you mentioned and posted an explanation there, all removed posts were spam. As we go through these on a regular basis we ban the people that post them but much of the spam is posted automatically.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=385132&highlight=spam#385132

yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:01 am      Reply with quote
graceless_lady -

You might try using just a little retin under your oxy. Or is that what you were doing? If I start to breakout I use Differin .3% under the oxy and it works really well.
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:03 am      Reply with quote
thanks for posting this havana. it was really bugging me to. but i'm grateful that they filter all the spam out. Surprised
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:06 am      Reply with quote
ok ladies i have a question - does anyone know why KH directions say not to layer any creams over the VK-3? Anyone using the VK-3?
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:14 am      Reply with quote
[quote="BluesHeart"]

I agree, Bren. I have this huge, long list of things I want to try. The nail cream, the choco 2, the choco comfort cream, the foot cream and oil, the BODY scrub is really calling me. So if anyone has tried the body scrub, please let me know, and that doesn't include all the things I need to replace like the Silhouette and Tonus. And I even want to try the mineral make up. It's a sickness, I swear. quote]

BluesHeart - i got the nail and hand cream. I've only had it a few days. I'll give a review in awhile. So far its ok. But maybe the nail cream is better.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:33 am      Reply with quote
graceless_lady, you're still normalizing so I wouldn't worry too much yet. Personally, I wouldn't jump around a bunch with the products. Stick with the VK1 for awhile. Just because it's 1% doesn't mean it's not going to work as well, per JoE. You're in the UK? Could you pop into one of the salons that carry this line and get some advice? Are you using the oxy for a facial? That's supposed to help get things out.

jf, thanks. Bren loves the hand and nail cream so you've probably not used it long enough yet. I'll cross my fingers.

Now, I took Mabsy's post about the phantom posts waaaayy different than you all. I fail to see how that is the same as what Diana and others are complaining about. Btw, bugs the hell out of me too. Maybe it's just me though seeing this differently.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I'd like to personally thank jf for pushing this thread over to the next page Very Happy
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:53 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
I'd like to personally thank jf for pushing this thread over to the next page Very Happy

LOL Marina. Soo true. jf, I went looking at the UK site to see if I could find anything about the Kombi 3 per your question and am coming up empty handed. I just checked the KH headquarter site and see only the recommendation to not. Perhaps it lessens the effectiveness. may I ask why you wish to put something on top?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:55 am      Reply with quote
graceless,
I found this for you. Does it ring true?

http://www.shop.karinherzog.co.uk/page.asp?id=ART010#Chin%20and%20jawline

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:42 am      Reply with quote
For you Silhouette and Tonus users.

http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/beauty/beauty-products-karin-herzog-cellulite-cream/buzz

Interesting, the UK site now says to use the Tonus first, then Silhouette, repeating the Tonus. THey say this speeds up results. I guess I'll have to buy more to give this way a shot.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:31 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
graceless,
I found this for you. Does it ring true?

http://www.shop.karinherzog.co.uk/page.asp?id=ART010#Chin%20and%20jawline

Thanks, yogi and Blues, for your advice.

Blues, I had seen that page on the UK site and, yes, I do drink a fair bit of caffeine when I should be drinking more water. And I will definitely try the Oxy Face as a mask when my skin calms down a bit. At the moment, I'm trying to simplify things in order to get back on track.

yogi, your suggestion is intriguing! I would never have dared to try retin-a under any of the o2 products, but now that you've suggested it, I'm wondering if that might work for me. Again, I'll wait to experiment once my skin calms down a bit but, in the meantime, has anyone else tried this who would care to share their results?

Thanks again, ladies.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:36 am      Reply with quote
graceless,

I want to stress that I only do this with the Oxy Face on top. But I've never had any dryness or irritation at all.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:54 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Now, I took Mabsy's post about the phantom posts waaaayy different than you all. I fail to see how that is the same as what Diana and others are complaining about. Btw, bugs the hell out of me too. Maybe it's just me though seeing this differently.

Okay, Blues...you and I sure think alot alike! I had the very same feeling when I read Mabsy's post. Deleting spam creates that gosh-awful "blank" page/message to pop up??? And, even if that was the case, it is definitely something a programmer should be able to fix promptly. I don't understand why EDS is allowing it to continue...I always regard EDS as a higher grade forum and that glitch seems a bit amateur-ish, IMHO.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |