Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Bren loves the hand and nail cream so you've probably not used it long enough yet. I'll cross my fingers.

Boy, do I love this cream!! My nails have gotten so much longer and they just aren't breaking and tearing the way they normally would. I have had a couple of nail "smashes" this week and I was afraid to look at the nail in question, sure that it would be broken, but all are still intact. So very strange for me, but I will take it! I LOVE how the oxygen has bleached the tips a nice bright white!

I must say though that this is not a typical emollient hand lotion. I think of it more as a "treatment" rather than a moisturizer because it doesn't leave any residue or lotiony type feeling on my hands. I actually like that about it.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
Now, I took Mabsy's post about the phantom posts waaaayy different than you all. I fail to see how that is the same as what Diana and others are complaining about. Btw, bugs the hell out of me too. Maybe it's just me though seeing this differently.

Okay, Blues...you and I sure think alot alike! I had the very same feeling when I read Mabsy's post. Deleting spam creates that gosh-awful "blank" page/message to pop up??? And, even if that was the case, it is definitely something a programmer should be able to fix promptly. I don't understand why EDS is allowing it to continue...I always regard EDS as a higher grade forum and that glitch seems a bit amateur-ish, IMHO.

When Mabsy said they quarantine the spam, that means they make the post invisible until they can review them manually.

The reason that EDS reviews them all manually is so that they can then block them and avoid future from the same posters.

Honestly, I think it's a small price to pay for a free forum that also gives you a discount just for participating.

I just always click on the page BEFORE the last page, skin to the bottom for the new messages, and then go to the next page if I already read that post....which only costs me a few seconds and one extra click, but no irritation from seeing that blank screen. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
Now, I took Mabsy's post about the phantom posts waaaayy different than you all. I fail to see how that is the same as what Diana and others are complaining about. Btw, bugs the hell out of me too. Maybe it's just me though seeing this differently.

Okay, Blues...you and I sure think alot alike! I had the very same feeling when I read Mabsy's post. Deleting spam creates that gosh-awful "blank" page/message to pop up??? And, even if that was the case, it is definitely something a programmer should be able to fix promptly. I don't understand why EDS is allowing it to continue...I always regard EDS as a higher grade forum and that glitch seems a bit amateur-ish, IMHO.

I read Frodo's thread and someone, I can't remember who, thought it had to do with that page you used to get prompting you to leave a thank you. I think that's the answer and not the spam. If you think about it,the reason posted above makes no sense and it seems to only occur in the larger threads when you get towards the bottom of the page. I'm going to be difficult today and say I don't buy it. Mad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
brenpatsa wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

When Mabsy said they quarantine the spam, that means they make the post invisible until they can review them manually.

The reason that EDS reviews them all manually is so that they can then block them and avoid future from the same posters.

Honestly, I think it's a small price to pay for a free forum that also gives you a discount just for participating.

I just always click on the page BEFORE the last page, skin to the bottom for the new messages, and then go to the next page if I already read that post....which only costs me a few seconds and one extra click, but no irritation from seeing that blank screen. Very Happy

Nope. Not buying it. Why does it only happen at the last third of the page? Is that the only place spam shows up? Of course not. I've been here two years, almost and the only time I've seen something similar was when you got the page asking you to thank a poster. Additionally, this is different than the Pearl cream thread. I don't see the post count being different here as it was in the Pearl thread. Like I said, I'm digging my heels in on this one. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
graceless wrote:
ladyyogi, your suggestion is intriguing! I would never have dared to try retin-a under any of the o2 products, but now that you've suggested it, I'm wondering if that might work for me. Again, I'll wait to experiment once my skin calms down a bit but, in the meantime, has anyone else tried this who would care to share their results?

I am way.. too lazy to go thru the 60+ pages in this forum again Laughing but I do believe that someone (Blues, maybe?) mentioned way back that JoElla said that VK and Retin A actually can work nicely together because the VK prevents the peeling, dryness and irritation that Retin A can cause.

I have used the VK over the Retin A a few times and it has worked well with no dryness. I only use the Retin A twice a week so I can't speak for a daily layering of the two products. Maybe you could try that and see how that works for your hormonal chin breakouts?

Also, I want to second what Blues said about using Oxygen Face as a mask. Apply it thicker than normal (at least over breakout prone areas) and then cover it with strips of Saran Wrap. I usually wait 20 or so minutes. I found that these masks brought up stuff quicker than normal and I was easily able to extract stuff that was loitering there!

At the risk of looking really ignorant, I want to share my latest 'duh' moment. I was reading some of the links that Bethany provided (thanks, girlfriend!) and somewhere in there, I realized that benzoyl peroxide is a form of peroxide just like hydrogen peroxide. I never made the connection between the two. Of what relevance is that, you may be asking? Well, I don't know exactly except to say that I didn't realize that they were so chemically similar. I have been counting on the 'oxygen kills bacteria' theory and hoping it wasn't a myth (my positive results have since squelched those concerns)but recognizing that it so similar to the proven acne treatment, BP, was reassuring to me.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, so Bren's last post to graceless just triggered the blank page. It is approximately the sixthteenth post. I guess then that we get this message til we roll over to the next page? After the 20th post? This is NOT spam.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Ok, so Bren's last post to graceless just triggered the blank page. It is approximately the sixthteenth post. I guess then that we get this message til we roll over to the next page? After the 20th post? This is NOT spam.

Whatever is causing it needs to be fixed. It is a glitch that hasn't always been in existence but certainly is now. Free or not, the forum should not allow an error (and it IS an error...look at what the message actually states...)to continually disrupt the usage of the forum. Yes, of course, there are ways to sidestep around it but, as others have said, it is incredibly annoying to have to do so, especially if we participate in the forum many, many times a day!!!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, so I going to test my theory. Pardon the next few posts.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
La dee dah

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
Bren loves the hand and nail cream so you've probably not used it long enough yet. I'll cross my fingers.

Boy, do I love this cream!! My nails have gotten so much longer and they just aren't breaking and tearing the way they normally would. I have had a couple of nail "smashes" this week and I was afraid to look at the nail in question, sure that it would be broken, but all are still intact. So very strange for me, but I will take it! I LOVE how the oxygen has bleached the tips a nice bright white!

I must say though that this is not a typical emollient hand lotion. I think of it more as a "treatment" rather than a moisturizer because it doesn't leave any residue or lotiony type feeling on my hands. I actually like that about it.

bren - how long have you been using the hand and nail cream before you saw a difference? does it sting at all? I've just started using it so I'm anxious to see what happens. I agree its not like a moisturizing hand cream. More like a treatment.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
This should ending soon.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Quick, we need three more posts to hit 25. Go on someone, say something. LOL

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
jf wrote:

bren - how long have you been using the hand and nail cream before you saw a difference? does it sting at all? I've just started using it so I'm anxious to see what happens. I agree its not like a moisturizing hand cream. More like a treatment.

jf - here is what I posted about 8 or 10 pages ago Wink Hope it helps!

Now here is a fun thing that I don't believe I have read mentioned here before...I have been using the KH Hand and Nail Cream once a day and my normally very short nails which rip and tear easily are actually growing. When I started 3 weeks ago, there was no real white nail growth at the tips; they were that short (not nail-biting short, just short). I just recently took note of my nails and every single one of them has about 1/8" of white growth now!! And I do mean white; the oxygen whitened the tips and pinked up the nail bed so they look so pretty and healthy. The cuticles are almost invisible now too. They look like they have been manicured and I couldn't be more pleased. They feel stronger when I try to bend them too.

So, to answer your question, I started noticing improvements in my nails at about the 2 1/2 week mark. Can't wait to hear how it works for you!!!
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
marina wrote:
I'd like to personally thank jf for pushing this thread over to the next page Very Happy

LOL Marina. Soo true. jf, I went looking at the UK site to see if I could find anything about the Kombi 3 per your question and am coming up empty handed. I just checked the KH headquarter site and see only the recommendation to not. Perhaps it lessens the effectiveness. may I ask why you wish to put something on top?

I was thinking that it would hinder the VK-3's effectiveness too. Or maybe cover it would make it too potent???? I get absolutely no stingingness or irritation with any of these products. Sometimes I apply the VK-3 and then the apricot cream or Vit-H over it. I don't want to put much before the VK-3 so its as close as possible to penetrating the spots.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Saying something Laughing
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
jf wrote:

jf - here is what I posted about 8 or 10 pages ago Wink Hope it helps!

Now here is a fun thing that I don't believe I have read mentioned here before...I have been using the KH Hand and Nail Cream once a day and my normally very short nails which rip and tear easily are actually growing. When I started 3 weeks ago, there was no real white nail growth at the tips; they were that short (not nail-biting short, just short). I just recently took note of my nails and every single one of them has about 1/8" of white growth now!! And I do mean white; the oxygen whitened the tips and pinked up the nail bed so they look so pretty and healthy. The cuticles are almost invisible now too. They look like they have been manicured and I couldn't be more pleased. They feel stronger when I try to bend them too.

So, to answer your question, I started noticing improvements in my nails at about the 2 1/2 week mark. Can't wait to hear how it works for you!!!

thanks brenpasta!! I hope I see such positive results. I will report back.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
jf wrote:
ok ladies i have a question - does anyone know why KH directions say not to layer any creams over the VK-3? Anyone using the VK-3?

Mmmm...well, I know we aren't supposed to put anything on top of any of the oxygen products for 5-7 minutes to let the products work, right? So, maybe that is their (confusing) way of expressing that?

On the other hand, at the KH headquarters site, two paragraphs after mentioning what you said about not putting cream over the VK3, they mention the option of putting a comfort cream over the the VK cream, if needed! Rolling Eyes

I think as long as you give the VK3 the 5-7 minutes it needs to absorb, you are okay to apply something on top of it. I use the Silhouette (4% oxygen) in place of VK3 and that's what I do and I have had excellent results in terms of minimizing breakouts.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
jf,
I'd err on the side of caution and not put anything over it. Are you spot treating pimentation? From the way I understand it, what goes underneath the kombi will be pushed deeper into the dermis. It also slows down the delivery of the oxygen somewhat. I use H and the kombi oil before my kombis on some days. JoE told someone just because they don't feel the stinging or tingling, doesn't mean it's not working. I very rarely feel those things anymore with the exception of the Silhouette.And some people, like you, never felt anything. If you're in the States, why not give JoE a call and ask about the Kombi 3? You could also email her. If you do, please let us know.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Saying something Laughing

You ARE such a wisea$$. Funny how after we reach the next page, we no longer get that message. Spam? I think not. Speak to the hand

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
For you Silhouette and Tonus users.

http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/beauty/beauty-products-karin-herzog-cellulite-cream/buzz

Interesting, the UK site now says to use the Tonus first, then Silhouette, repeating the Tonus. THey say this speeds up results. I guess I'll have to buy more to give this way a shot.

Oh my gosh, this is getting confusing, isn't it? One site would say to apply the Silhouette first and then the Tonus, and then another site would say the reverse. I know that JoElla told me on the phone that oxygen products almost always go on last but with the Silhouette she recommended that it go on first. Now we have a new sequence!!! Okay, I am going to give this new way a try and will report back!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
For you Silhouette and Tonus users.

http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/beauty/beauty-products-karin-herzog-cellulite-cream/buzz

Interesting, the UK site now says to use the Tonus first, then Silhouette, repeating the Tonus. THey say this speeds up results. I guess I'll have to buy more to give this way a shot.

Oh my gosh, this is getting confusing, isn't it? One site would say to apply the Silhouette first and then the Tonus, and then another site would say the reverse. I know that JoElla told me on the phone that oxygen products almost always go on last but with the Silhouette she recommended that it go on first. Now we have a new sequence!!! Okay, I am going to give this new way a try and will report back!

Ok, this is getting ridiculous. JoE sent instructions for me to use Tonus first, then S which is bassawkwards from what the KH hq says. So I emailed JoE to confirm and she said Tonus first. The UK site now says Tonus first. My head is spinning, Bren. I've been doing it your way too. Though, the first night or two I did it Tonus first. I felt like I was left with the white streaks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
I use the Silhouette (4% oxygen) in place of VK3 and that's what I do and I have had excellent results in terms of minimizing breakouts.

Hmmm ... I've been wondering if anyone had been brave enough to try Silhouette on their face. brenpatsa, have you applied it directly on a breakout? I wonder if it would work for helping to speed up the healing of a red mark once a zit has subsided?

Thanks, ladies, for the feedback on the retin-a + VK or OF. I've taken courage and tried it tonight over a particularly stubborn enemy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
graceless_lady wrote:

Hmmm ... I've been wondering if anyone had been brave enough to try Silhouette on their face. brenpatsa, have you applied it directly on a breakout? I wonder if it would work for helping to speed up the healing of a red mark once a zit has subsided?

I have used it on my face, with no ill effects whatsover. The red marks that I have had from breakouts have disappeared alot sooner than normal, ever since I started KH, but I don't know if that is because of the whole line or one product in particular. If I had to guess, I would say it was mostly due to the Scrub and the Silhouette that I use for spot application.

I had one breakout this cycle..one, only one!! That is great for me. Anyway, it was one of those under-the-skin lumps right in the hollow under my cheekbone. Ouch. The first day that I noticed it, I spot applied the Silhouette a few times and did the Oxygen Face Facial with Saran Wrap. The next day, the swelling was greatly reduced and the ouch factor was gone altogether. So easy to cover with makeup. The next day brought even more improvement and the redness was mostly gone. Now,the 4th day, I can feel just the slightest dry patch in that area and the area is slightly tannish-pink; that's it. I am really pleased. Smile
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
What would be the best product for treating slight pigmentation on the face. I was about to order VK3 but now I am wondering about using Silhoutte instead, or oxygen body 3% (which I am already ordering for my hands)?
havana8

Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
graceless wrote:
ladyyogi, your suggestion is intriguing! I would never have dared to try retin-a under any of the o2 products, but now that you've suggested it, I'm wondering if that might work for me. Again, I'll wait to experiment once my skin calms down a bit but, in the meantime, has anyone else tried this who would care to share their results?

I asked JoElla a while ago about using the Vita A Kombi with other retin products as I was using O's Renew at the time and she said, "Anything that goes under the oxygen is pushed further into the skin. Surprisingly, Vita A Kombi works well over Retin A. It hydrates the skin so it does not peel a lot."
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |