Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
tsjmom wrote:
Bought the 2% FC and the mild scrub. The mild scrub is very nice, felt a bit more abrasive (not in a bad way) than Epidermx 2. I'll use it up, but I think with trying to use the Clarisonic it might be too much for my skin.

As for the face cream, I'm just going to toss this one. It stung, felt yucky, seemed to make my face red, and products layered after it not spread as well. I bought it for clogged pores, but I actually think it make my pores MORE clogged. Completely underwhelmed by this product to say the least. Just my $.02.

I'm so sorry it didn't work for you, tsj. I hope you find something that works for you!

Thanks, me too Blues! I'm literally at my wits ends with these d@mn clogged pores Mad

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
tsjmom wrote:
Bought the 2% FC and the mild scrub. The mild scrub is very nice, felt a bit more abrasive (not in a bad way) than Epidermx 2. I'll use it up, but I think with trying to use the Clarisonic it might be too much for my skin.

As for the face cream, I'm just going to toss this one. It stung, felt yucky, seemed to make my face red, and products layered after it not spread as well. I bought it for clogged pores, but I actually think it make my pores MORE clogged. Completely underwhelmed by this product to say the least. Just my $.02.

I'm so sorry it didn't work for you, tsj. I hope you find something that works for you!

Thanks, me too Blues! I'm literally at my wits ends with these d@mn clogged pores Mad

Have you tried the KH Professional Cleansing Cream? It sucks everything out of the pores.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:

tsjmom - I am so sorry to hear that you aren't loving the Oxygen Face cream! What a bummer!
By chance, do you have several areas of broken skin on your face? I was just wondering when you said it stung. I know when I had some healing breakout areas, the cream stung initially but then actually speeded up the healing. Weird old me actually doesn't mind the occasional stinging now as I regard it as a sign of good things going on!! Also, when you say it felt yucky and other products didn't layer well, it it possible that too much was being applied? I discovered that I was applying too much initially and had better results when I backed off some.(I am naturally one of those 'the more, the better' kind of people!). In fact,I actually prefer the Oxygen Face Cream in the am over the VK product because it absorbs so rapidly and doesn't interfere with the other stuff I put on afterward.
Just thinking out loud about this...I hate for you to have wasted your $$!! Crying or Very sad

Any thoughts of trying the VK1 instead or are you throwing in the towel with KH? Regardless, good luck to you!
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Have I completely lost my mind? Wasn't there at one time a product called Oongles, that was for nail as well as the hand cream? I'm looking and looking and I see nothing.

Since you're talking about using the Silhouette for nails, do you think the additional percent of Oxy makes that much of a difference between the 3 and the 4?

Here you go, Blues...
http://skinessentials.stores.yahoo.net/nailcream12o.html

The Nail Cream that you were referencing only has 1/2% of Oxygen while the Hand and Nail Cream has 2%. I wonder if they are phasing the Nail Cream out as its availability is really limited..

I'm not sure if I am understanding your second question. What is the 3% that you are referencing? The body cream? Sorry if its obvious and I'm having a 'duh' moment.
I can say that my impressive nail improvement was using the 2% Hand/Nail cream.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
Have I completely lost my mind? Wasn't there at one time a product called Oongles, that was for nail as well as the hand cream? I'm looking and looking and I see nothing.

Since you're talking about using the Silhouette for nails, do you think the additional percent of Oxy makes that much of a difference between the 3 and the 4?

Here you go, Blues...
http://skinessentials.stores.yahoo.net/nailcream12o.html

The Nail Cream that you were referencing only has 1/2% of Oxygen while the Hand and Nail Cream has 2%. I wonder if they are phasing the Nail Cream out as its availability is really limited..

I'm not sure if I am understanding your second question. What is the 3% that you are referencing? The body cream? Sorry if its obvious and I'm having a 'duh' moment.
I can say that my impressive nail improvement was using the 2% Hand/Nail cream.

Thanks! Nice to know that I'm not losing my mind after all. Hmm. Maybe I'll try the eye cream on my nails. Sorry for not being clear earlier. Yes, I was referring to the Body lotion in 3%. I was wondering if the additional percentage is the oxy makes much difference.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everybody,

I'm new here.

Because of you Laughing i went to buy the Silouette creme 1 week a go and really love it.

I put it morning and night and i already see a difference.

The girl who sold me the silhouette give me a sample of the 1% oxygen for the face and i think i will buy it too, really love it.

I think i want everything from this KH.

I think i will make my first order here, i need.

The cleaser,
The Mask
The scrub
The creme 1%
The eyes creme.

2 persons where i work want the silhouette creme.

Do you think i can have a discount if i bought all of this stuff.

Sorry if my English is not good, i'm better in French.

Manon
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Manon,

Your English was just fine! Welcome to KH world!

What kind of results are you seeing already from the Silhouette?

With regards to all of the products that you want to order, I know that JoElla Milan offers a Starter Kit that includes alot of what you mentioned (the scrub, eye cream, cleanser and VK). The price is discounted plus JoElla takes off another 10% if you put the word 'save' in the discount code box. (I hope I am remembering the code correctly...somebody correct me if I am wrong!). Anyway, just wanted to mention that..
www.karinherzog-jmilan.com

Starter Kit Description
Everything you need to look and feel great. Choice of one of their fabulous Cleansers. Specify Professional Cleanser or Milky Cleanser. Vita A Kombi 1 or Vita A Kombi 2. This will hydrate the skin and kill the bacteria. Firm the skin, even the skin tone. Mild Scrub, is the best scrub on the market. Great results. May be used on sensitive skin also. Vita A Kombi Eye Cream. Hydrate those eyes without becoming oily. Will help keep makeup on better. Regularly $170.00, Kit is $153.00
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Manon,
Nice to have you with the rest of us who are crazy about this line. Bren has given you great advice about JoE though I'm not sure how that would work out with the money conversion and international shipping. Please do share your results with the Silhouette. Are you using the Tonus too?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Bren and BluesHeart for answered my questions, you are so sweet.

Bren i will try the link you give to me and see where i save the most. Thanks

I live in Montréal, Canada, i know the shipping from here is free for me.

About the silhouette creme, my skin is more smooth, i will come back to you in a month for all the result.

BluesHeart,i want the Tonus too but he is back order everywhere.

Thanks again.
havana8

Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to EDS Manon. Smile I think if you have at least 10 posts on EDS (and you're already at 3) you will get a 5% discount + the free shipping. Probably good to compare as shipping to Canada from JoElla is now a flat rate of $30 USD.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hey, bienvenue to a fellow Montrealer! I've visited salons that sell KH in Montreal and they are too expensive. You are certainly better off ordering from JoElla or EDS.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Welcome to EDS Manon. Smile I think if you have at least 10 posts on EDS (and you're already at 3) you will get a 5% discount + the free shipping. Probably good to compare as shipping to Canada from JoElla is now a flat rate of $30 USD.

$30? Yikes! When did that happen?
havana8

Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
havana8 wrote:

I just double-checked and it changed sometime in early November...
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
havana8 wrote:

Wow. That is ridiculous. Isn't there another Canadian site that sells KH. I was thinking they gave a hefty discount on first time orders.

Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
marina wrote:
havana8 wrote:

Wow. That is ridiculous. Isn't there another Canadian site that sells KH. I was thinking they gave a hefty discount on first time orders.

Yup. Confused I think I know the other one you mean but that promo is over now....
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, but if you sign up for the newsletter you regularly get codes for free shipping, 10% off or even 20% on occasion (ok the last one is rare but has happened, usually 2X a year).
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
Yes, but if you sign up for the newsletter you regularly get codes for free shipping, 10% off or even 20% on occasion (ok the last one is rare but has happened, usually 2X a year).

Marina, be a nice Montrealian, *is that what you're called*, and pm Manon the site in case she doesn't know it.

Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:

yes, but not off the shipping to Canada, rather it's 10% off the value of the entire order which is still nice. in that way, it does offset the shipping somewhat.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
marina wrote:

Marina, be a nice Montrealian, *is that what you're called*, and pm Manon the site in case she doesn't know it.

Yes! Finally, a member from MY neck of the woods!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
marina wrote:
havana8 wrote:

I questioned JoElla just 3 weeks ago about shipping charges to Canada and her email response to me was "My shipping to Canada is very reasonable. I just charge what the price is. I am not out to make money on shipping as so many people do" $30 sounds like alot.. Confused
Manon20
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Marina,hey a other montrealer, thanks for the welcome. I read you post about a letter and they will give me discount, where i go to found it. Thanks.

You were so right the products are sold a lots $$$ more here in Montréal.

All peoples here are so sweet.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
havana8 wrote:
marina wrote:
havana8 wrote:

I questioned JoElla just 3 weeks ago about shipping charges to Canada and her email response to me was "My shipping to Canada is very reasonable. I just charge what the price is. I am not out to make money on shipping as so many people do" $30 sounds like alot.. Confused

I like JoE a lot but that sounds like a lot of cash for shipping. I do know that when I was shipping some things it was expensive if you wanted insurance. I also got a different figure each time I went into the PO.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
Manon20 wrote:
Hello Marina,hey a other montrealer, thanks for the welcome. I read you post about a letter and they will give me discount, where i go to found it. Thanks.

You were so right the products are sold a lots $$$ more here in Montréal.

All peoples here are so sweet.

Oh good. By your next order you'll have more posts and get more of a discount from EDS.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
I came across the following on the UK site of KH. Thought it was interesting how vast the uses of the Body Duo (Silhouette and Tonus) are!!

Using Karin Herzog's Dynamic Duo on a regular basis gives back the natural elements that age and the environment takes out. It enables the body to thoroughly cleanse itself, promoting a healthy, toned and energised skin.

Great news for your overall health and well being as well as treating many cosmetic conditions in the process including:

Cellulite
Fatty tissue
Eczema
Scar tissue
Cuts
Bruises
Cramps
Strains
Splinters
Minor injuries
Burns
Dry skin
Itching
Rashes

What results can I expect?

ANTI-CELLULITE
Get rid of cellulite in 4 weeks!
SLIMMING
See a measurable reduction in circumference of treated area.

DROP A DRESS SIZE
Feel more comfortable in your clothes.

BYE BYE BINGO WINGS
No more hiding those upper arms which will be toned and slimmed.

FIRM AND TONE THE BUST
Many people drop a bra size or look better in their underwear due to more toned bust area.

FEEL LESS BLOATED
Apply to the abdomen to aid digestion and help restore the balance between good and bad bacteria in the gut.

INCREASE METABOLISM
Feel more energised and alert.

INCREASE WEIGHT LOSS
If you are on a calorie controlled diet and have reached a plateau, Dynamic Duo will energise and stimulate the body to kick start further weight loss.

HYDRATION
The moisturising effect can be felt for up to 24 hours after application.

LIGHTER LEGS
If standing for long periods of time makes your legs feel tired and heavy, the Dynamic Duo will put the spring is back in your step.

INCREASE CIRCULATION
Great for diabetics and those who suffer from poor circulation and the problems associated with it.

CONSTIPATION
Helps relieve this problem with regular application to the abdomen.

Where can I use the Dynamic Duo?

TO SLIM AND TONE:

ANY FATTY AREA
UPPER ARMS
THIGHS
BUTTOCKS
WAIST
ABDOMEN
BUST
TO HEAL & REPAIR:

Anywhere on the body that needs healing and repairing (see above for list of conditions treated)

BENEFITS TO THE FEET:

TO REDUCE DRY HARD SKIN
TREAT VERRUCAS
INGROWING TOE NAILS
ATHLETES FOOT
HELP ELIMINATE FOOT ODOUR

Okay, so somebody tell me what the heck are verrucas?! Confused Laughing

I thought the part about improving intestinal bacteria and constipation were interesting.
Also, it would have never occurred to me to apply the products to an area with a splinter. I can see though the way that the Silhouette brings stuff up to the surface that maybe it could really be of use in getting an embedded splinter up closer to the surface where it could be reached.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi and welcome Manon20,

Here's a link to a website that is having a 20% off sale until July 18, just use the code SUMMER20 when you check out. They do ship internationally but shipping depends on what you buy, you will be notified when you check out. It appears that they have the Tonus.

http://skincarerx.com/karin-herzog-body-care.html

Here is a link to the Canadian site:

http://www.eskincarestore.com/

They were having a summer sale as well but it is over now, but they do have free shipping on purchases of $200 or more.

Hope this helps and Good Luck! I'm really enjoying the KH products.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:45 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |