Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:

Okay, so somebody tell me what the heck are verrucas?! Confused Laughing

I'm thinking they are varicose veins, is that an UK name for varicose veins?
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
brenpatsa wrote:

The suspense got to me and i googled..they are painful foot warts. Shock

Glad to know that the Duo would help anyone unfortunate enough to be suffering from them! Laughing
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
I came across the following on the UK site of KH. Thought it was interesting how vast the uses of the Body Duo (Silhouette and Tonus) are!!

Using Karin Herzog's Dynamic Duo on a regular basis gives back the natural elements that age and the environment takes out. It enables the body to thoroughly cleanse itself, promoting a healthy, toned and energised skin.

Great news for your overall health and well being as well as treating many cosmetic conditions in the process including:

Cellulite
Fatty tissue
Eczema
Scar tissue
Cuts
Bruises
Cramps
Strains
Splinters
Minor injuries
Burns
Dry skin
Itching
Rashes

What results can I expect?

ANTI-CELLULITE
Get rid of cellulite in 4 weeks!
SLIMMING
See a measurable reduction in circumference of treated area.

DROP A DRESS SIZE
Feel more comfortable in your clothes.

BYE BYE BINGO WINGS
No more hiding those upper arms which will be toned and slimmed.

FIRM AND TONE THE BUST
Many people drop a bra size or look better in their underwear due to more toned bust area.

FEEL LESS BLOATED
Apply to the abdomen to aid digestion and help restore the balance between good and bad bacteria in the gut.

INCREASE METABOLISM
Feel more energised and alert.

INCREASE WEIGHT LOSS
If you are on a calorie controlled diet and have reached a plateau, Dynamic Duo will energise and stimulate the body to kick start further weight loss.

HYDRATION
The moisturising effect can be felt for up to 24 hours after application.

LIGHTER LEGS
If standing for long periods of time makes your legs feel tired and heavy, the Dynamic Duo will put the spring is back in your step.

INCREASE CIRCULATION
Great for diabetics and those who suffer from poor circulation and the problems associated with it.

CONSTIPATION
Helps relieve this problem with regular application to the abdomen.

Where can I use the Dynamic Duo?

TO SLIM AND TONE:

ANY FATTY AREA
UPPER ARMS
THIGHS
BUTTOCKS
WAIST
ABDOMEN
BUST
TO HEAL & REPAIR:

Anywhere on the body that needs healing and repairing (see above for list of conditions treated)

BENEFITS TO THE FEET:

TO REDUCE DRY HARD SKIN
TREAT VERRUCAS
INGROWING TOE NAILS
ATHLETES FOOT
HELP ELIMINATE FOOT ODOUR

I thought the part about improving intestinal bacteria and constipation were interesting.
Also, it would have never occurred to me to apply the products to an area with a splinter. I can see though the way that the Silhouette brings stuff up to the surface that maybe it could really be of use in getting an embedded splinter up closer to the surface where it could be reached.

That's quite a list, isn't it? I can attest to the fact that the Silhouette makes me tinkle like a Russian racehorse. And on the few times I applied it to my elbows, they do seem smoother. Honestly, when a product claims to do all THAT I get a little doubtful. LOL. But this time I might give them the benefit of the doubt.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
BlueHeart, maybe i will wait a couples of day and will have a discount, i will maybe have 100 posts before the end of the week Laughing

Bren, i need the toner, i will be a new woman for sure.

Jom, thanks for the link, i will try it.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
"Apply to the abdomen to aid digestion and help restore the balance between good and bad bacteria in the gut."

Uh......sure.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Oh great, I have been trying so hard to resist getting the Silhoutte and the Toner, but after reading that list I caved. Rolling Eyes I'll be using them on my thighs, butt and now maybe the stomach.

Something I forgot to add in my review was that I started to apply, twice a day, either the VK1 or the OF to a burn that I have on the side of my breast. This was a pretty bad burn that I got about 8 months ago. I have one of those Conair hot air curling irons, which get pretty hot. Well, I was curling my hair in the buff and dropped the iron and when I tried to catch it I pressed it against the side of my breast. Embarassed I'm not sure what degree of burn it was but I took off all the skin. At first I didn't realize how bad it was because it didn't hurt. That changed fast Exclamation I used those gel burn pads that soak up the fluid, and it took 2 weeks for the burn to heal over enough to expose it to air. And to top it off, I was nursing at the time Rolling Eyes So now I am left with a big purple indent about an inch in diameter. But the good news is that it's only been about 2 weeks of using KH and I swear that the scar looks lighter already and I think maybe the skin may be getting thicker? Not sure, but I'm going to wait a couple more weeks and post before and after pics.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
"Apply to the abdomen to aid digestion and help restore the balance between good and bad bacteria in the gut."

Uh......sure.

Uhhh? What? You don't believe? LOL.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Oh great, I have been trying so hard to resist getting the Silhoutte and the Toner, but after reading that list I caved. Rolling Eyes I'll be using them on my thighs, butt and now maybe the stomach.

Something I forgot to add in my review was that I started to apply, twice a day, either the VK1 or the OF to a burn that I have on the side of my breast. This was a pretty bad burn that I got about 8 months ago. I have one of those Conair hot air curling irons, which get pretty hot. Well, I was curling my hair in the buff and dropped the iron and when I tried to catch it I pressed it against the side of my breast. Embarassed I'm not sure what degree of burn it was but I took off all the skin. At first I didn't realize how bad it was because it didn't hurt. That changed fast Exclamation I used those gel burn pads that soak up the fluid, and it took 2 weeks for the burn to heal over enough to expose it to air. And to top it off, I was nursing at the time Rolling Eyes So now I am left with a big purple indent about an inch in diameter. But the good news is that it's only been about 2 weeks of using KH and I swear that the scar looks lighter already and I think maybe the skin may be getting thicker? Not sure, but I'm going to wait a couple more weeks and post before and after pics.

Diana,
I read your post and my breast hurts just thinking about it. Ouch! Some advice, unsolicited at that, when you first get the S and T, pick one spot, and focus on it until you get the application down pat and then incorporate the rest. I think I wasted quite a bit in the beginning.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Manon20 wrote:
BlueHeart, maybe i will wait a couples of day and will have a discount, i will maybe have 100 posts before the end of the week Laughing

Hey Manon,
In order to avoid being drawn and quartered, you might want to keep those posts in this thread. LOL.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing
BluesHeart wrote:
yogi wrote:

Uh......sure.

Oh c'mon...anything that can treat verrucas can certainly be counted on to penetrate the skin, muscles, fat layers and intestinal walls in order to regulate the gut bacteria! Laughing Rolling Eyes Laughing
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Hey Manon,
In order to avoid being drawn and quartered, you might want to keep those posts in this thread. LOL.

Laughing
Manon20
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Manon20 wrote:

Hey Manon,

Thanks, i know i read Winnie post.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Honestly, when a product claims to do all THAT I get a little doubtful. LOL. But this time I might give them the benefit of the doubt.

The list is a wee bit dramatic, isn't it?! I do have to add one thing though...I got eaten alive by mosquitos one night (32 bites) and I cannot believe how quickly they are healing. I usually have the red marks from bug bites for the majority of the summer (seriously!) but 10 days later, I only have 3 discernible bites/marks left. I used roll-on deodorant initially for the itching and then Silhouette. That was a pleasant surprise..

And with regards to over-the-top advertising...this certainly gets an eyeroll from me: Rolling Eyes

From the KH Switzerland site:

Rose & Camomile...
The 2 new products full of love and calm

Where's the gagging Emoticon when I need one?!! Laughing
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
yogi wrote:

Uh......sure.

Of course I do. It's filled with probiotics that march their way through skin and muscle and end up happily in your intestines.

I have this bridge I'm selling. I call it "London". Any takers?

I mean, I love KH but.....
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
And I love your snarky, sense of humor, my friend. But really? Verruculas? rofl

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:

You know where I am going to start using it? On the gushy little area near my front bra straps, in front of my underarms. (don't know if there is a cute little name for that area!). I am SURE our resident Pilates teacher doesn't share that trouble spot with me!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
I want to know if it'll work on the middle area...my low risers don't look as cute anymore...this came from sitting on my butt reading this thread all day instead of doing my pilates.
havana8

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
yogi wrote:

Uh......sure.

Of course I do. It's filled with probiotics that march their way through skin and muscle and end up happily in your intestines.

I have this bridge I'm selling. I call it "London". Any takers?

I mean, I love KH but.....

Bad Grin That's pretty funny, Yogi... rofl
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
Diana P wrote:

You know where I am going to start using it? On the gushy little area near my front bra straps, in front of my underarms. (don't know if there is a cute little name for that area!). I am SURE our resident Pilates teacher doesn't share that trouble spot with me!

Your resident Pilates instructor gained five pounds. Things arn't looking so good here. And now I have a real quandry. I only have fat in my back and I was considering butt augmentation using body fat so I'm wondering if I should quit using John's body fat blaster. Laughing I'm just kidding, really.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
I want to know if it'll work on the middle area...my low risers don't look as cute anymore...this came from sitting on my butt reading this thread all day instead of doing my pilates.

I tried it. I felt John's stuff was more effective. And I don't want to hear excuses. I've encouraged, I've cajoled, I've threatened. Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
jom wrote:
brenpatsa wrote:

The suspense got to me and i googled..they are painful foot warts. Shock

Glad to know that the Duo would help anyone unfortunate enough to be suffering from them! Laughing

Oh well, I wasn't even close. That's what I get for free associating instead of googling! Laughing
shmily.huo
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
shmily.huo wrote:
Can I use Essential Mask? It seems really good
I'm 22, and skin type is normal.

Hi shmily, I have normal skin and use the essential mask with great results. It's really nice using the Vitamin H underneath, it makes your skin incredibly soft.

thank you for answer me!!!
I‘ll buy it in my next EDS order
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:34 am      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
I got eaten alive by mosquitos one night (32 bites) and I cannot believe how quickly they are healing. I usually have the red marks from bug bites for the majority of the summer (seriously!) but 10 days later, I only have 3 discernible bites/marks left. I used roll-on deodorant initially for the itching . . . .

Please do tell more . . . . Roll-on deodorant for itching??? Shock ??? Any roll-on deodorant or . . .???
(I know this is OT, but I am always on the look for effective anti-itch after-bite remedies - my daughter and I are uber sensitive to bites and their aftermath).

Quote:

. . . . and then Silhouette. That was a pleasant surprise..

Body Oxy 3% would probably work too, no?

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:47 am      Reply with quote
Guys, I have a couple of questions:

Professional CC - Did we agree that a pea-size blob is enough for the entire face and neck? And it should be massaged into dry skin (long massage or just to spread all over the skin?) and left to do its thing for a couple of minutes before removing with warm water and cotton pads, right?

Essential Mask - The instruction says to apply a thick layer; How thick should it be? I guess I'm wondering how big should be the blob of EM I use on my face. Also, do we just apply it and let is sit, or should it be massaged into the skin?

I tried the EM for the first time last night and I used about a pea-size blob (maybe a bit bigger). I spread it all over my face and the mask completely disappeared into my skin. I was expecting something that will sit on my skin, not get soaked in, so I am a bit concerned that I didn't do it right.

Any advice, comments, thoughts . . . ?

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
jf
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:16 am      Reply with quote
[quote="rubby

Please do tell more . . . . Roll-on deodorant for itching??? Shock ??? Any roll-on deodorant or . . .???
(I know this is OT, but I am always on the look for effective anti-itch after-bite remedies - my daughter and I are uber sensitive to bites and their aftermath).

[quote]

I'm not brenpasta but can vouch for the deodorant after-bite treatment. I just dab my regular get deodorant on each bite with a qu-tip. It takes away the itch and reduces the swelling. Then repeat after a couple hours. Its genius the first day or so after you have been bitten.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |