Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Juliemarie wrote:
In the EDS description of Vita A Kombi, the ingredients list:
jojoba ester wheat germ glycerides tocopheryl acetate retinol parfum.

JulieMarie - you have listed the ingredients for the Vita A Kombi oil, not the Vita A Kombi products with oxygen (those definitely do not contain wheat germ). Which were you referring to?
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Oops, you are definitely right Embarassed !
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
I realized I know very little about wheat germ oil. so I went looking.
http://beauty.indobase.com/carrier-oils/wheatgerm-oil.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:

Looks like it might be a good thing in the right product.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

Looks like it might be a good thing in the right product.

In the right amount, on the right skin. Surprised

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:18 am      Reply with quote
Question:

Been using OxyFace for 3 weeks, suddenly breaking out a lot which hasn't happened in the past 10 months. Am I purging or does my face not like the mineral oil/OF?
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:40 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the Vita Kombi 1 and the Oxygen Face Cream for I think... it must be around 4 or 5 weeks now and a few days ago I broke out on my forehead where I rarely ever get any spots. I think that my skin prefers the Vita Kombi to the Oxygen Cream. I was planning on moving up to the VAK 2 but for the moment I'm going to lay off the Oxygen Cream and stick to the Vita Kombi.

I don't know whether it's the mineral oil that's causing people to break out or perhaps because the Oxygen Cream has a higher percentage than the VAK 1.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:42 am      Reply with quote
For those of you having some breakouts.

Application

Morning and night, apply to the face and neck without massaging into the skin. Apply only to skin that is thoroughly cleansed.

Special Note

Ideal for acne sufferers, this product is an important step in the Karin Herzog Acne Program. Used all over the facial area as a morning and night cream, with Vita-A-Kombi 3 cream used as a specific spot treatment.

It is recommended that acne sufferers visit one of the Karin Herzog oxygen beauty salons, where a professional extraction facial can be performed. If, however, you are not able to visit the salon, and wish to conduct your own extractions, it is vitally important that you understand exactly how you shuld administer such a practise. Please consult your nearest Karin Herzog qualified consultant who will advise you of the correct procedure or telephone our helpline on 0800 056 2428.

Salon conditions provide the optimum sterile environment, and eliminate the risk of cross-infection.

Also, another pov. A client of mine, early thirties was having some breakouts and JoE had her cut back oxy face use to masks three times a week and the other days she's using Vita K 1 and is having no issues.
They do tell you purging is likely and to not stop but I figure that depends on what kind of breakouts you're having. I'd definitely email or call and get advice.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:04 am      Reply with quote
OT but because we discussed it. The natural line JoE is now selling. Anyone ever tried it?

http://www.karinherzog-jmilan.com/Fanie%20International_bymfg_21-1-1.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:27 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:

Application

Morning and night, apply to the face and neck without massaging into the skin. Apply only to skin that is thoroughly cleansed.

Special Note

Ideal for acne sufferers, this product is an important step in the Karin Herzog Acne Program. Used all over the facial area as a morning and night cream, with Vita-A-Kombi 3 cream used as a specific spot treatment.

It is recommended that acne sufferers visit one of the Karin Herzog oxygen beauty salons, where a professional extraction facial can be performed. If, however, you are not able to visit the salon, and wish to conduct your own extractions, it is vitally important that you understand exactly how you shuld administer such a practise. Please consult your nearest Karin Herzog qualified consultant who will advise you of the correct procedure or telephone our helpline on 0800 056 2428.

Salon conditions provide the optimum sterile environment, and eliminate the risk of cross-infection.

Also, another pov. A client of mine, early thirties was having some breakouts and JoE had her cut back oxy face use to masks three times a week and the other days she's using Vita K 1 and is having no issues.
They do tell you purging is likely and to not stop but I figure that depends on what kind of breakouts you're having. I'd definitely email or call and get advice.

Thanks

So I shouldn't be using the oxyface on a daily basis? I do only use it in the AMs but I guess I could try it as a mask. I don't plan to get any of her other products until I'm sure this is working for me so no Vita K but I have been using my taz in the PMs as usual (no change in routine since I incorporated it). The breakouts I'm having do seem as though they result from clogged pores. Maybe I'll stop using the OF for a while and see if they subside, maybe it's just not for me considering I've been using it for 3 weeks.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:31 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

Application

Special Note

Thanks

So I shouldn't be using the oxyface on a daily basis? I do only use it in the AMs but I guess I could try it as a mask. I don't plan to get any of her other products until I'm sure this is working for me so no Vita K but I have been using my taz in the PMs as usual (no change in routine since I incorporated it). The breakouts I'm having do seem as though they result from clogged pores. Maybe I'll stop using the OF for a while and see if they subside, maybe it's just not for me considering I've been using it for 3 weeks.

I'm not sure. I was just relaying my client's experience. How much are you using on application?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
A pea-sized dab on each cheek, half pea-sized dabs on chin and forehead. Then I just lightly sweep it across my face and leave it on for 3-4 min before I put my makeup on
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui, I was using the Oxy FC daily at night only. I first applied the Vit H followed by the Oxy FC. I did have dry patches (chin area) and would apply my moisturizer after the Oxy FC. I also had some minor spots initially but that all cleared up quite quickly.

I recently switched to the Vit A Apricot because I wanted something with the A and an oil for moisturizing. It's too soon for me to comment but my dryness is less.

I am still struggling with blackheads/clogged pores but I've had this practically all my life. Oddly, I did notice improvement when I first started out with the Oxy FC but then after a while I thought some days my pores and skin texture looked better or worse than others - so confusing.

I'm hoping for better results with the Vit A Apricot and using the Oxy FC as a weekly mask.

I'll pass on the words of wisdom given to me - go slow - in other words, more product or more often is not necessarily the best way. I hope things get better for you.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:11 am      Reply with quote
As some of you know, I too went through a major breakout phase few weeks ago. About a week ago things started calming down and now I'm back to my KH routine. I use a lot less Oxy Face than before (every 2-3 days), I use VK2 almost every night, and I added Prof Cleanser (nightly) and Mild Scrub (every 3-4 nights). I still get breakouts, but it is not as bad as before.
I must say i was expecting more from the Prof. Cleanser, but it may be too early to judge.

As for the cause of my acne, other than my chronically messed-up hormones, I am now starting to look into potassium deficiency. I haven't been feeling well lately and all my symptoms are pointing to the potassium deficiency (one of them being dry skin and acne). Now I have to go and see my dr. and have that checked.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:29 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
A pea-sized dab on each cheek, half pea-sized dabs on chin and forehead. Then I just lightly sweep it across my face and leave it on for 3-4 min before I put my makeup on

Well, that's probably the problem. Sounds like you're using too much.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Some tips for acne and those with congestion and a paragraph on why you experience dryness.

How Quickly Does The Oxygen Take To Penetrate?

The more you need oxygen, the quicker it penetrates. If the skin is wounded or broken, the cream will absorb rapidly. If the damage is deeper down underneath the epidermis, it will again absorb rapidly. On a smoker, or more mature/undernourished skin, the cream will absorb rapidly.

The use of the Vita-A-Kombi Oil underneath the oxygen formula will slow down the absorption of the cream.

Maximum absorption rate is 2-3 minutes. If it takes longer than this to penetrate you are using too much cream. Only use enough cream to resemble the size of a garden pea for the face and a little more for the neck.

What Are The Best Products For Acne?

Oxygen Face Cream twice a day, but it is equally important to exfoliate once each day using Karin Herzog’s Mild Scrub.

Why does my skin dry when first using the homecare products?

By the time we get to 24 years old the activity/oxygen in the skin slows down. Collagen production diminishes as the skin loses its energy and essential raw materials. By putting these back into the skin we ensure an increase in collagen production. To build up this process the skin will need more water and vitamin A whilst the production levels rise. As a dry/mature/dehydrated skin has less intercellular fluid than a younger/oilier skin, the effect can result in drier skin temporarily. I stress however, that this is temporary (approximately up to 6-7 weeks). Once the collagen production process is built up, the fluid intake subsided and the skin balances out. To help prevent this happening always tell dry/mature/dehydrated clients to use the Facial Oil underneath the Vita-A-Kombi. If dryness occurs try the Fruit Acids Cream before the Facial Oil, and/or Vitamin H Cream on top of the Vita-A-Kombi, both will be beneficial to the skin in there own right. Alternatively in the evening you could use the Additional Night Cream to give the skin extra comfort.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I placed an order with JoElla on Monday using the PayPal. The order is still not shipped Sad . Based on your experience, how long does it take for JoElla to mail the products?

Thank you.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:16 am      Reply with quote
doba wrote:
Hi,

I placed an order with JoElla on Monday using the PayPal. The order is still not shipped Sad . Based on your experience, how long does it take for JoElla to mail the products?

Thank you.

I've had it vary. Usually things don't take too long. Try emailing her.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:45 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
OT but because we discussed it. The natural line JoE is now selling. Anyone ever tried it?

http://www.karinherzog-jmilan.com/Fanie%20International_bymfg_21-1-1.html

Adding to the hijack Laughing

I've never heard of this line before but I'm sure if JoElla likes it it is for valid reason. The prices look good.

I'm tempted - maybe the mask....and the tru-skin. Have to check out further.
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I've had three of those trapped pimples on my chin now for over a week and they just seem to be going from bad to worse. I've come to the conclusion that my chin hates KH, but the rest of my face loves it (really REALLY loves it). I tried the OF facial, and it didn't work for me (I think the Oxygen Face cream just generally disagrees with me). Gonna carry on with my KH routine but give my chin a rest for a bit and allow it to recover.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Poor graceless, you have the chin with a mind of it's own. Are you going to apply the vitaka every where but your chin?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:41 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
doba wrote:
Hi,

Thank you.

Thank you BluesHeart.

She finaly mailed it! Smile
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:55 am      Reply with quote
doba wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
doba wrote:
Hi,

Thank you.

Thank you BluesHeart.

She finaly mailed it! Smile

Yea you. I'm glad it's on it's way. What did you get?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:45 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Poor graceless, you have the chin with a mind of it's own. Are you going to apply the vitaka every where but your chin?

Absolutely - the rest of my face is experiencing great results (if I skip even a couple of days, I am aware of the not-for-the-better difference). The chin is particularly frustrating because I had a couple of acne scars that I was hoping could benefit. For anyone reading this thread and trying to establish if KH is for them, I'd like to point out I was always prone to breakouts on my chin - it's not as a result of KH. But, it's that 'trapped' effect that has made things worse for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:12 am      Reply with quote
graceless_lady wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

Absolutely - the rest of my face is experiencing great results (if I skip even a couple of days, I am aware of the not-for-the-better difference). The chin is particularly frustrating because I had a couple of acne scars that I was hoping could benefit. For anyone reading this thread and trying to establish if KH is for them, I'd like to point out I was always prone to breakouts on my chin - it's not as a result of KH. But, it's that 'trapped' effect that has made things worse for me.

Have you phoned the Help Line? I think you should ask someone about this. Particularly since it's working so well for you elsewhere.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |