Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Jeanie and Snowstar,
Take your time with the KH products and don't overwhelm your skin. You will have some adjustments, especially if you don't follow the directions. Start slow, one product at a time,particularly the oxygen products and use the recommended amount as well. Hope it works out for both of you. I can't imagine using anything else after KH.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Bluesheart,

Thanks for the great advice! I ordered my products through JoElla and she has helped a lot also. I have recently stopped vitamin c, retin-a, etc. I'm just washing with a gentle cleanser or water and using sunscreen. I plan to start using the non-oxygen products (cleanser, tonic), plus the OFC to start. I ordered the Vita-A-Kombi 2 for later, and JoElla is sending me samples of Vita-A-Kombi 1 to use after my skin is used to the OFC, before I start using the Kombi 2.

I definitely agree that going slow is the way to go with trying new products. That way if your face starts falling off, you can identify the culprit Laughing

But Blues, you've been so helpful in this thread...so thanks a lot! I spent weeks researching trying to find a new skincare routine and found so many great things in this thread, that I just had to try KH. So thanks again to Blues and everyone else for their helpful posts!

Cheers, ladies!
jeanni
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:59 am      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
Oops, I forgot to add that I tested the clarisonic on the SO. I think i've gotten such amazing 1 day effect/result from the oxygen face cream that I want to use it ALONE - to ensure that the face cream is what's making a difference. So no clarisonic for me until about 1 to 2 weeks later.

On the SO, i can tell you it is AMAZING. He was dissapointed initially when i used it on him. " huh? it's barely doing anything ". I persisted but cheated and did 2 cycles on him instead. Then he went off to shower and hollered to me that it makes a HUGE difference! even better than when i catch hold on him and use dermalogica daily microexfoliant! His skin is NOT baby soft and smooth and never will be, BUT there was a very noticeable difference!

So far, this month's skincare items are proving to be money well spent!

LOL! Good job snowstar!

I'm so excited to get my products, especially to try the OFC! Drool
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
i'm nervous and not quite sure what to do - should i continue with the oxygen face cream or stop?

To prepare for KH, I had stopped using actives for about 1 to 2 weeks ( differin and vit c serum ). My skin was in the clearest state it has been for a long time. I am prone to having small acne on the face and huge lumps on the jawline. Latest flare was about 1.5 to 2 months back.

Day 1. Used FC at night and nothing else.
Skin was amazing smooth and tender (think of babies skin) Dancing with joy.

Day 2. Use FC at night followed by Sothys hydrating serum. I've been using this for 6 months with no problems. The following evening, I noticed a medium size red bump on my left cheek. I can't be sure if it's an acne or not. The rest of my skin felt great! Pores looked smaller too.

Day 3. Use FA at night followed by Differin.
I'm very worried that the acne maybe surfacing since i stopped differin to prepare for the KH. Next morning, things were about the same. My skin felt a tad dryer but that's ok.

Day 4. Use FA at night, followed by Differin and Sothys hydrating serum to combat the dryness. Woke up to a red patch on my right cheek (its not bad but its there) and 2 more acne on the right as well.

I'm very lost. Should I continue with the FC?

PS i know i sound paranoid, to freak out after 4 days. however, i've had terrible acne and even took accutane 2x. this is the clearest stage i've been and i'm worried to rock the boat.

Am I using the FC too fast? Or are these just symptoms of the FC pushing red bumps/acne to the surface? I remember bluehearts and some other ladies did have some usual reactin the first couple of days.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:47 am      Reply with quote
i try a lots of KH product and for me the winner is the Silhouette cream.

Lots of peoples where i work love it.

If you put the cream 2 times a day for 2 weeks you will see great improve.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Snowstar,
What a position to be in and I'm not sure what I'd do if I were in your shoes. I do know that the KH website says for acne sufferers, you will purge initially but not to give up. Which frankly, would be scary to do. I know a few people have continued with acne creams, such as retin a but I don't know about Differin. Maybe try emailing JoElla and see what she says. But I absolutely understand you feeling scared. Let us know, ok?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Not snowstar here, but I have a question for those of you with normal but mature skin:

is it necessary to use KH toner after PC cream?

I guess I am used to the squeaky clean feel of foaming cleansers and still feel there is a film left after the PC cream. My results are excellent, but I am wondering if I am leaving impurities on my skin still...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Not snowstar here, but I have a question for those of you with normal but mature skin:

is it necessary to use KH toner after PC cream?

I guess I am used to the squeaky clean feel of foaming cleansers and still feel there is a film left after the PC cream. My results are excellent, but I am wondering if I am leaving impurities on my skin still...

With the PC cleanser, it;s important to leave it on a minute (maybe 30 seconds)...brush your teeth while you wait. I found that if I didn't wait, I'd have to use 4 cotton pads to take it all off. You have to give it a chance to work and then use damp cotton pads till they come out white (about 3 for me). You'll feel the difference while you're rinsing your face...no slimy feel.No film left. When I'm rushed, I have a very different experience with the PC. So, im my opinion, you really don't need a toner.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
Ah thanks! marina! maybe I'm still not waiting long enough...I'll try that!

I started with Vita-A-Apricot cream and slowly am adding more....the Vitamin H cream is wonderfully rich on top of it; Apricot oil under it makes my skin sooo soft; I noticed a difference the next morning when I used Fruit Acids on top of VitaAApricot. I'm sure I would like it all if I had the resources to invest!

I did the Oxygen Facial once, but didn't really see any big change. Maybe it takes a few times.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
This is my first time so I am testing it.
jeanni
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
jeanni wrote:
. Sorry, I know you said to PM, but I don't know how to do it (hanging head in shame)...

Jeanni, on the left of the page, underneath the user name is a spot that says "pm". Just click on that icon. That is how to PM someone. HTH! Very Happy

LOL!!! I actually saw it right after I posted that! I hit "submit" then when I returned to the forum, glanced over and saw the PM button. Whoops... Embarassed

Anyhow, I placed my order from JoE on the 22nd and haven't received it yet. I know some people have stated that it can take awhile. While I've been waiting, I decided to read through this whole thread. LAWDY, LAWDY!!! (my eyes hurt!)

When I first found this thread, I read the first few pages and then skipped ahead so I could post and ask questions. I'm glad I read everything, though...I feel like I have a really good idea of how to proceed with the products.

One concern I'm having is with the reports of breaking out. I am prone to breakouts and really struggle with clogged, congested pores. I REALLY hope this helps my problem Pray . I will post some reviews after I start using them. I'm gonna start slow - the CC and OFC to start. Maybe the scrub too...wish me luck!
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Bluesheart for the encouragement. JoElla told me to hang tough and reduce the FC to every other night. So I'm hanging on.

The acne is kinda strange. Red bumps with no heads. It reminded me so much of what you described. I did manage to extract some soft white substance out of it (I am I'm not grossing anyone out).

On the positive side, my pores look smaller. Most things take a looong time to work on me so this is a surprise.

Also, the "acne" that have been popping up are subsiding and healing alot faster than ever before. It normally takes me about 1 week for an acne to subside, meaning flatten on skin. With the FC, 2 of them flattened in 24 hours and another 3 are healing alot faster than expected.

On top of that, I did dab the FC on a cut I had on my arm and the recovery was fast too!

I don't know what KH will do for me, but this will never be a regret. Even if the face condition doesn't clear, I will continue to repurchase for spot treating acne and cuts all over myself.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:16 am      Reply with quote
[quote="jeanni] One concern I'm having is with the reports of breaking out. I am prone to breakouts and really struggle with clogged, congested pores. I REALLY hope this helps my problem Pray . I will post some reviews after I start using them. I'm gonna start slow - the CC and OFC to start. Maybe the scrub too...wish me luck![/quote]

Jeanni, take heart! It's not ALL bad news Smile Read my latest long winded post! LoL.

I used my OFC nightly and JoElla has recommended me to slow down to every other night first. I went back and looked at Bluesheart post and that was what she did initially to. You may want to consider testing it out on althernate nights for a week before using it nightly.

I suspect the OFC is pushing things to the surface. Now that I'm calmer, i believe it's rare to find a cream that will cause an acne flare up in 2 days - hence this may be the purging effect. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Snowstar,

I'm glad to hear that things are healing up quickly. I don't mind going through a purging stage...I just want good long-term results. I don't know if I missed this, but what type of skin do you have? Mine's really oily and congested, but also dehydrates easily.

I've been on a minimal facial product diet over this past week - only cleansing with H20 and applying sunscreen in the a.m. and using cleanser and light moisture at night. I'm starting to break out, but I'm not sure if it's due to not using my Retin-A or if it's the cinnamon rolls I've been indulging in Laughing

I have to say though, my skin is less oily. I think there's definitely something to the "stripping the skin with products" theory. I shoulda listened all these years Rolling Eyes

Hope my KH comes soon! I keep checking my email every hour to see if I've received the shipping notice Anxious
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Jeanni,

After reading your posts, I believe we have similar skin. My skin is dehydrated on the surface and oily beneath. The dehydration also causes the skin to be sensitive.

I was on vit c serum and retin a/differin/climdoxyl (i switch products after finishing 1 tube to give my skin some change). To combat the dehydration, I use hydration serum and a light oil free moisturizer as well.

In the past couple of months, I've been using part of 302 philosophy - not using more than 1 active each time and sometimes using nothing during weekends. I believe there is some merit to it as my skin was more calm.

hope to hear good news from you Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
That's great snow! I'm glad things are calming down. Keep me posted on your results with KH... Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Just ordered another (my third) professional cleansing cream and the eye cream from JoE during her KH special - an extra $10 off until October 31... couldn't pass that up...

I love these two products. Love them....

I do not use my professional cleansing cream with my clarisonic. I use the PCC at night and only at night with fingers - massaging it into my face and over eyelids to remove makeup.

Mornings I use the clarisonic with a different cleanser and I don't use it everyday - three times a week. I have oily skin too.

I'm so happy with getting this all down pat.

Welcome to all the KH newbies... Hope you find what works for you all.

Sis
jeanni
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the welcome sis! Can you keep me posted on your order from JoE? I ordered on the 22nd and still haven't received shipping notification. When I log in to my acct, it says my order is "in process". I have also emailed her to inquire about the order, but still haven't heard back. My skin is going nuts since I stopped retin-a, but I'm trying to hold off...
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:53 am      Reply with quote
I ordered from JoElla on the 21st and got my order on Monday. So, I wonder if with the sale she is swamped with orders?

I wish you success with this line
jeanni. My teenage son started using my VK2 and noticed an improvement in his acne and so we ordered cleanser and OFC for him.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:22 am      Reply with quote
How wonderful, tuningmyheart! I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I was thinking the same thing about JoE...she's probably swamped since offering that $10.00 discount. Oh, well...I'll just keep waiting. Good things come...yada, yada... Wink
jeanni
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="BluesHeart
ETA: I'm prone to milia, especially around the eyes and I was nervous about using this on the eye area but so far, no problems. A 32 year old client of mine is using it as well, she said of it, "It sucks the blackheads right out." LOL[/quote]

Hey bluesheart, I was wondering if you had noticed any improvement in your milia, both on your face and around your eyes?

Also, what's everyone's opinion on getting peels while using these products? In the past, getting a series of salicylic peels has helped keep me clear. I'd like to consider this after I get used to the products, but wanted to know what y'all think...
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
jeanni wrote:
[quote="BluesHeart
ETA: I'm prone to milia, especially around the eyes and I was nervous about using this on the eye area but so far, no problems. A 32 year old client of mine is using it as well, she said of it, "It sucks the blackheads right out." LOL

Hey bluesheart, I was wondering if you had noticed any improvement in your milia, both on your face and around your eyes?

Also, what's everyone's opinion on getting peels while using these products? In the past, getting a series of salicylic peels has helped keep me clear. I'd like to consider this after I get used to the products, but wanted to know what y'all think...[/quote]

Hi Jeanni,
No, I had no problems with the cleanser around my eyes. It takes off the eye makeup great! No milia. Actually Jeanni, I just reread your question and I need to explain. I am prone to milia, yes but after I started using a microfiber cloth the milia went away. My worry was that the cleanser, due to it's consistency would bring back the milia and it didn't but the cleanser didn't remove it. Hope that makes sense.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Blues,

Thanks for the reply. So the microfiber had helped with the milia on your face, but the KH products haven't helped with the milia under your eyes...correct? Have you found anything that is helpful for those lil buggers? Bad Grin

When I first read your reply, I thought you meant the microfiber cleared up the milia under your eyes. I almost jumped up out of my seat to go buy a microfiber to use under my eyes! Laughing

ETA: what's your opinion on getting occassional salicylic peels while using KH? TIA!!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Blues and Sis,

Maybe you can help me since you've been using KH a while: my face seems drier now that I've been using PC, Apricot Oil and Vita-A-Apricot. The only moisturizer I use is Devita SS. I tried Vitamin H cream but didn't think it made much of a difference. Is this a normal thing starting out on KH? What should I be doing? I've been using KH for about 3 wks twice a day now.

My face just looks more crinkly around the eyes and mouth than it did when I started using KH.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Fawnie,
I love the eye cream. I ran out for about two weeks and I can see the difference. My first suggestion is KH eyecream for the eye area. It's hands down my fav.
I have somewhat oily skin so I think blues is best to answer about the other products (aside from PC- which works beautifully for me).

I have used a moisturizer from KH - called sweet something??? No help am I? and It was awesome. I had a sample and used it so sparingly because it was so perfect. so, I suggest if you place any orders request a few samples of this.... Shoot, I ran out and don't knw but Jo-E would know what I'm talking about. It's terrific.

Wish you the best - it's nice to finally nail down your skin care deal!

Sis
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |