Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:14 am      Reply with quote
No, blues. Nothing else happening with my skin yet. I am nearing the end of my first week (1st 3 days were only using the Kombi 1 at night, then the next 2 days I used the Kombi 2 at night, and today, I upped this so I will use the Kombi 2 twice a day now)
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Nothing like that is happening to me (yet) and I'm using the VK2 2x/day for over a week now. I was using it only in the AM but switched it up.

I'll keep you all posted, if anything changes. So far, my skin is staying clear when I don't introduce any oils (LOL) into the mix.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Hey ladies, one of the reasons I became interested in this line was because I wanted to get off acids, albeit, I wasn't a huge acid user but I also wanted to stop the actives merry go round. So, I was interested in Boski's review of 302 which reminded me of a long thread begun by Molly over a year ago when she went off acids. It was also this fact that had me investigating the Osmosis line. So here's my question. KH claims to have a way that Vitamin A is introduced underneath the outer dermis via oxygen. Is it this fact, make enough of a difference that you don't have the "receptor fatigue" that Dr. Huber of 302 discusses? I'm really curious about this and look forward to seeing what some of you think. Also, did any of you stop acid use when you began this line?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Blues, I've been off acids for the most part for quite awhile now. I just recently began using Vitamin C but that's it with the Karin Herzog. As for receptor fatigue, I think it may be still possible so it's probably a good idea to take a break occasionally.

I end up doing this 1-2x a week, by default.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Scally, did you see "withdrawal" so to speak from leaving the acids behind? I did not. His talk of Retin A made me wonder if the delivery of the Vitamin A deep into the skin, makes a difference in the issues Huber discusses with Retin A usage. Am I making sense here? LOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:01 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Scally, did you see "withdrawal" so to speak from leaving the acids behind? I did not. His talk of Retin A made me wonder if the delivery of the Vitamin A deep into the skin, makes a difference in the issues Huber discusses with Retin A usage. Am I making sense here? LOL

Withdrawal meaning did my skin look worse for wear going off acids? If so, no. It actually looked somewhat better for the most part. I still use a microfiber cloth and Clarisonic, though. In reference to the improvement, I no longer had the dry, flakes that often accompanied the use of acids. Quite some time ago, I stopped using all acids except for Vitamin C and that's when I started Retin-A. I don't consider RA an acid, though, so not sure what the deal w/Huber is on that (although I gather he doesn't like it). Given the clinical studies so numerous about RA and the anti-aging benefits, I'm still of the opinion that it's good. However, I'm off RA now and am not even sure I will add it back in except maybe as part of my needling protocol.

This is given the fact that the KH products do include and deliver Vitamin A deeply, as you noted. I don't want to go overboard and also would like to give KH a fair chance with little in the way that can cause miscalculations on what does what.

Not sure that answered your question, though!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Here is a link to the KH stance on Vitamin A in case anyone missed it.

http://www.shop.karinherzog.co.uk/web/knowledge/frequently-asked-questions.htm#Doesn%92t%20Retinol%20Thin%20The%20Skin%20And%20Make%20It%20Light%20Sensitive

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:24 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:

http://www.shop.karinherzog.co.uk/web/knowledge/frequently-asked-questions.htm#Doesn%92t%20Retinol%20Thin%20The%20Skin%20And%20Make%20It%20Light%20Sensitive

Fab, thanks for that. Seems RA is acidic on the skin's surface then. Good to know.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:27 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

Fab, thanks for that. Seems RA is acidic on the skin's surface then. Good to know.

I know I'm being a pain in the a$$ but based on that assertion am I correct in feeling we wouldn't have the issues that Dr. H discusses? Go ahead, throw something at me. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Tossing out a "you're right" back at ya, then! That's exactly how I perceived it - no acidic behavior since the process happens well underneath the skin's surface!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Putting together order #2 - but first need to know what you all think of the eye cream. (have an arsenol at home but looking for the mack-daddy of all eye creams...still).

I'm going for the oxygen fc and the duo for the body.
Other thoughts are the scrub and the eye cream. Are you loving the scrub too? Right now I have some from perfect complexion that I'm using up.

Question for Scally - I know you have oily skin also - I do and so love the cleansing cream. How are you doing with the chocolate version? I love the scent of the original and the feel of my skin after. It's a miracle to use this on my skin type.
januarui
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
I am curious about this line,too. Because when all the other lines are saying " anti-oxidant", this line is saying that I will do " oxygen"
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Putting together order #2 - but first need to know what you all think of the eye cream. (have an arsenol at home but looking for the mack-daddy of all eye creams...still).

I'm going for the oxygen fc and the duo for the body.
Other thoughts are the scrub and the eye cream. Are you loving the scrub too? Right now I have some from perfect complexion that I'm using up.

Question for Scally - I know you have oily skin also - I do and so love the cleansing cream. How are you doing with the chocolate version? I love the scent of the original and the feel of my skin after. It's a miracle to use this on my skin type.

Sis, I use the scrub every 2-3 days and really like it! The eye cream is something I use 2x/day and I must say that it absolutely does work to diminish any shadow-y darkness under the eyes and also gives a nice refreshed look. Must be the oxygen 2%. No word yet on how it works to diminish fine lines, though. I picked up a few from using Skin Bio's LacSal because they changed the Ph and did not mention it anywhere. So, I'd like to get rid of the one line I have from that fiasco and will let you all know, if it disappears in the next few months.

The chocolate version of the CC is divine. It smells great and works a charm! I haven't tried the original so can't compare scents. Maybe I'll order that one when I run out. BTW, I'm not really a chocolate fan in real life. Rarely eat it although the Trader Joe's version w/almonds makes me crazy. I love it for some weird reason. All the rest, I can pretty much ignore.

Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
I think the Eye Cream uses .5% hydrogen peroxide.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:

Yep, you're right. I mixed it up reading it because the letters are so tiny. Thanks!

Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
havana8 wrote:

Yep, you're right. I mixed it up reading it because the letters are so tiny. Thanks!

Thanks for the mini eye cream review, Scala! It's definitely one of the KH products I've been very curious about and it's nice to read that it is actually doing something.

I wonder how Yogi is making out with it? Smile
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
So I guess the eye cream goes on the to buy list too. Good thing I ordered my L2K otherwise my lips would be falling off my face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
I used the eye cream on my lips and it felt nice, but the next day my pink/brown lipstick pulled a muddy brown and I hadn't reapplied the cream that morning. Looks like the HP lightens your natural lip color, at least for me
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
I used the eye cream on my lips and it felt nice, but the next day my pink/brown lipstick pulled a muddy brown and I hadn't reapplied the cream that morning. Looks like the HP lightens your natural lip color, at least for me

Good to know Marina. I saw they recommended the oil then the eye cream and somewhere I saw where they said to apply to choco to the lips too. I have put the oil on my lips but not regularly.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Funny, I was going to post about the eye cream today. I've always had dark circles under my eyes. I gave up any expectation of them improving long ago. And no product has made a difference. But to my surprise, I'm finding hat I'm less apt to go for concealer in the morning. The circles are there, but lighter, especially towards the outside of my eyes. I think the skin is more hydrated then it was also.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Excellent news, Yogi, and confirmation on the eye cream. I used to not have an issue with dark circles but they popped up after a long bout with stress. I was pleasantly surprised that my eyes no longer have that "sunken" appearance.

I was also concerned about putting the eye cream on my lips due to the lightening factor since they're so dark naturally now thanks to Lips2Kiss. So, the oil first might prevent that, not sure, but until I actually have the oil in my arsenal (still not sure whether I want it), I'll skip that option.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to ask since this thread started in March, how long have all of you been using the KH products at this date? Blues are you are 2 months?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Just wanted to ask since this thread started in March, how long have all of you been using the KH products at this date? Blues are you are 2 months?

Riley, I believe I'm starting either my ninth or tenth week. I didn't start the Vita Kombis until several weeks later. Do you have a question more specific than that?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Not really, blues. I was just wondering at this date, how long has everyone been using the KH products now!

ETA: Actually, I sent an email before I started the KH line to the official UK site. I asked regarding wrinkles/freckles how long would it take before one started to see results. I just now (I have been using the products for 1 week) received an answer from them! They said you should start to see results immediately. But, I am not. I know 1 week is very soon and everyone's skin reacts differently. Anyway, I have not seen any results at all (did not expect to with wrinkles, but I thought I might see resutls on freckles).

So I guess I really wanted to know how long everyone has been using the line now and when their own results started to happen.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:20 am      Reply with quote
I used the Vita K Apricot twice yesterday and my skin seems a little calmer today. I didn't use it this morning but will again tonight. This is a very nice version of the Vita Kombi. My goal is to work back up to the Vita K2 at least once a day and the Vita Apricot in the am. Be careful if you're using strong exfoliators. I really set myself back using the NCN pumpkin and then the Miss O. I found no dryness with the Vita Apricot.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |