Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:14 am      Reply with quote
It works beautifully under the VKs, especially if you have oilier skin. Try it under eyes as well under the eye cream. This may be my favorite of the entire line, but it works best in conjunction with VK.
jeanni
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:54 am      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
ladies who use vit h, what kind of skin do you have?

I asked JoElla for advice between the Additional Sweet vs Vit H. She suggested Additional Sweet as Vit H is for dehydrated or mature skin.

I've acne prone but dehydrated sensitive skin and and and over 30. Any opinions?

Hey snow! You have piqued my interest in the Vit H. You and I have matching skin types, so will you let me know if you try it? Thanks and have a lovely holiday, my friend!
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:28 am      Reply with quote
Thanks turningheart and marina, you're both enablers Razz

I was leaning towards Vit H as I hardly read any raves on Additional Sweet. However, I loved the sample I had. So was torn =)

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:31 am      Reply with quote
Jeanni - will let you know after I try out Vit H. Hoping to purchase this month =)

Did u try the CC or milk cleanser or both? Any thoughts? So far, my next order will be VK1/VK2 (yet to decide), Vit H, eye cream and either a cleanser or the essential mask. I keep putting things in and out of the basket Bad Grin

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I had a sample of the additional sweet and have to say I much prefer the H- the sweet initially left my skin feeling rather sticky, which improved in a few minutes, but the H is just, well, luscious- sorry, I fear I've been influenced by the flowering writing of the KH brochure-ha,ha

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:43 am      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
Jeanni - will let you know after I try out Vit H. Hoping to purchase this month =)

Did u try the CC or milk cleanser or both? Any thoughts? So far, my next order will be VK1/VK2 (yet to decide), Vit H, eye cream and either a cleanser or the essential mask. I keep putting things in and out of the basket Bad Grin

I have both the CC and the milk cleanser. I use the CC at night...I put on a thin layer, let it sit for a few minutes, then massage it around and remove with a moist cotton pad. I use the milk cleanser in the morning...I apply a small amount (it's very watery- like milk) to my dry face, massage a little, then rinse with water. I follow up with the toner after both cleansers. I really like this routine. Sometimes, if I have a lot of makeup on I will use the CC, then use the milk cleanser or the scrub afterward. I like my face to feel really clean and I'm kinda paranoid about not being well-rinsed Wink

I also have the mask and use it once or twice a week. I really like it and I sleep in it sometimes. When I do, I wake up with very nice skin.

As far as the VK1/VK2...I went with the VK2 and asked for samples of the VK1. This worked well for me. I wanted a higher concentration of oxygen due to my acne and oily/dehydrated skin. My oil is completely regulated (for the first time in years!). No more oil slicks or tight, flaky skin!

I am still struggling with hormonal breakouts. Right when my skin clears up and starts looking good, my cycle begins and wreaks havoc on my face. The breakouts seems worse than before I started using KH. This could be because I stopped Retin A. I think I'm going to try adding it back in (slowly) under my VK2 at night. We'll see how that works out... Smile

Let me know if you go with the H. I think that may be my next purchase if it works well for you! Laughing
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:14 am      Reply with quote
jeanni wrote:

I am still struggling with hormonal breakouts. Right when my skin clears up and starts looking good, my cycle begins and wreaks havoc on my face. The breakouts seems worse than before I started using KH. This could be because I stopped Retin A. I think I'm going to try adding it back in (slowly) under my VK2 at night. We'll see how that works out... Smile

hi jeanni, a mask that can be used overnight sounds tempting! One less step =)

If you have been using retin-a with no problems, just jump right back in. I believe your hormonal acne breakouts is due to the lack of retin-a.

Like you, I stopped my prescription products to prepare for KH. My flare up was initially better and then it became worse. I added it back every other night, then nightly now. The flare up is gone (cross fingers, i've only gone through 1 cycle) and my skin is smoother than before! =)

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:17 am      Reply with quote
regarding vit H- I tried it under my VK1 and began breaking out again- did not use any at all yesterday, and nothing new this morning. I had good results using it on top, but will give it another go and see if I get the same results. I am wondering if I moved to fast, using it twice a day. As with the other products I may need to do a slow break-in period- will keep you posted on what happens with this little experiment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:28 am      Reply with quote
Ladies, please may I beg a huge, huge favour of you?

Since my adored Remergent DNA Repair is no longer an option, thanks to the greedy folks at Estee Lauder, I need to formulate a new skincare regime. And I'm very interested in Karin Herzog.

Now as this thread is so very long and I am not in the least technically minded, please would any of you be able to help me to do this?

I am 42 years old with dry skin. The elasticity is starting to go, so I'd like some firming action. I have some fine lines, particularly underneath my eyes, along with puffy, becoming crepey upper eyelids. My skin is pale and prone to redness/blotchiness. I also get the occasional outbreaks, especially monthly hormonal ones.

Am I correct in thinking that it's wise to switch to the full line, rather than using other brand's cleansers etc? Also, I seem to remember reading earlier in the thread that it may be a good idea to try something like the Oxygen Face Cream on its own first, to see how my skin likes it?

Supposing that I do decide to switch full on to Karin Herzog, what would be the best products for me, please? How often do I use them? And do I need moisturiser over them to combat dryness?

I'm looking for recs on the full shabang, really, including eyecream.

Sorry to be such a pain, but I'd be grateful for any help and advice that you ladies can provide.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:29 am      Reply with quote
Let me start you off with what I think are the big guns: Vitamin H &VK1...start off with that at least. Now since your skin is dry (I'm not) the rose cream may suit you as the VK cream. I think Leelee is using it, you may want to contact her. It has 1% oxygen, a good place to start. Hopefully someone with dry skin will pop about the KH oils.

That said, KH isn't a replacement for DNA repair. I use and love KH but I'd like my DNA repaired too Laughing You may want to check the ZO thread for a serum you could use along with KH.

BTW, I don't think the formula for remergent has changed already??
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
Yes - I think the remergent is still good for the time being. Different products entirely. I love KH - especially the Cleansing cream, eyecream and VKII but I have oily skin. The ZO products are interesting but very pricey.

You can still get your remergent on Ebay for a while. Maybe you should stock up a bit.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
Is everyone still happy with your Karin Herzog? For those who have been using this line for more than 6 months, do you find that the product still delivers good results? What is your favorite product from this line?
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
majorb,

my 2 cents is that you needn't switch to the entire KH line. All companies will tell us that it's best to use their line only.

So far, I've been mixing KH with Sothys, La Prairie, LRP and prescription treatments. My skin is doing great and happier than ever before! Having said that, it is important to slowly add in other products as the oxgyen intensifies the effect =)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Thank you so much, ladies. I know I can always rely on you! Very Happy

I've also had a reply from the Karin Herzog site and wondered if you'd mind giving me your opinions on their recs and my own thoughts, please?

For a cleanser, although I love my current A'kin stuff, I think I might try the KH Professional Cleanser as it seems to be very popular on here.

The KH site recommended using a tonic lotion if I live in a hard water area (which I do), but I wondered if it's worth buying the KH one or if I could get away with just using plain rosewater?

The site also recommended Crème AHA as an
exfoliator, although I currently use and love Epidermx. Any experience with the KH exfoliator or do you reckon I could happily stick with the Epidermx (which I'd probably prefer)?

For an oxygen product, the site recommends either the Vita-A-Kombi 2 or Choco2. Marina, you recommended the VK 1 - do you think it's best to start with 1 or should I try going straight for the 2 because of my dry skin? Also, anyone with any good experiences of the Choco2, please? Do you find it any better than the VK products?

For moisturisation, the site recommends Vita-A-Kombi Facial Oil. I'm a little worried about using an oil as I'm concerned that it might not be a good base for make-up. Marina, do you think the Vitamin H cream could be better for me in this respect? It does sound like good stuff. Or does anyone with mature dry skin and hormonal spots have any other good KH moisturiser recs? Of course, I suppose I could always continue with my Neal's Yard Remedies Frankincense Cream, but you know how we like to try new things to see if they're better! Embarassed

The eye cream is a straightforward choice, at least. But does anyone use the eye cream with retinol-type products, or is this not recommended?

So very sorry for loads more questions. Again, I'd be so grateful for any help, and I promise to report on my eventual findings so that other people with my skin probs can see how I get on.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:46 am      Reply with quote
I'd best add that I don't intend to try everything new at once, so don't worry! Laughing
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:56 am      Reply with quote
I may not get to all questions right away since I have to go SHOVEL Crying or Very sad but, initial thoughts:

Vitamin H: love it under a VK. If I use it over, it's more moisturizing. I can't use it during the day, I'm too oily. You'll love the scent, don't get scared when you see the canary yellow colour.

Choco2: I like very much but again, I can only use it at night. It moisturizes well but I find I get oily during the day. Mind you, I should try now that winter's here.The fact that's it's too moisturizing for me probably makes it perfect for you!

The only reason I suggested VK1 is that's where most people start. If you don't have sensitive skin then I wouldn't worry. Choco2 is 1.15%.Unless you're looking as dull as dishwater though, you can start with a lower%.

Use Vit H under eye cream...love it!

Was there a question in there about retinol or actives? I use them under VK, VKs push them in deeper.

Ah yes, the AHA. It's very gentle, creamy, not greasy. You can't go wrong with it, but it depends on whether you're used to stronger actives.This is mild. I like the scrub better, otherwise I have too many layers going on.

P.S. PM Leeleedeedee about the rose cream. She's just sitting in front of the computer waiting for the ZO sunscreen to be added on EDS anyway. Laughing

If I missed something, ask away. Oh, I'm not up on the oils though.I always run away from oils.
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:16 am      Reply with quote
has anyone tried the Vita-A-Apricot?
I recieved a sample with my last order and loved it, it is 2%, like VK2, but moisturizing as well. I was wondering if this might be the choice I should make for winters in the future when I tend towards drier skin. My initial impression was good, though it is a bit pricier. I liked the idea of all the benefits of apricot oil and a vk wrapped into one product. and in the week I was able to squeeze out of my sample, using in the am, my face responded well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I'm here. I just switched over from the ZO skin health thread to this one. I might as well help majorb with KH since there is no new info on ZO - sigh!!!!

Majorb, I have very dry, sensitive skin and I use the Vita-A-Kombi Facial oil underneath my KH oxygen products. It's a lovely oil and very good for those of us with dry skin who are trying to get used to the oxygen creams. I find that it gives a lovely glow to my face. Make-up can be easily worn over it.

As for the Oxygen products I alternate among Vita-A-Kombi 1 - Rose Face Cream - Choco2. They are all lovely on the skin. If you have sensitive skin I would recommend starting with the 1% oxygen and then slowly moving up to 2%. If sensitivity is not your problem you could go with Choco2 which, as marina says, is only 1.15% oxygen or Vita-A-Kombi 2.

I don't find the vitamin H very moisturizing for my dry skin. It is a beautiful cream, but I ususally pat some on over my moisturizer as an added skin treatment.

I hope this helps you.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Wow, that's incredibly helpful, thank you! Very Happy

I like the way that it all sounds pretty flexible. I'd be able to use the Vitamin under or over, depending on how much moisturisation I need. And the Choco 2 sounds useful for drier days/nights.

(Damn! I was supposed to be narrowing down! Laughing Wink )

I think I'll probably skip on their exfoliators and just use my Epidermx.

Great news about the retinols. I don't use any at present, but may in the near future.

I'm embarrassed to say that I thought to myself, upon reading the first bit of your post, "What on earth is she shovelling?" Then I realised! Laughing I guess I'm used with not having to cope so much with snow these days!

tuningmyheart - Oh no, you've made me want another product, you bad, bad person! Wink Laughing

The Vita-A-Apricot sounds very good for dry, winter skin.

Now does anyone find they have to use a toner with the Professional Cleanser? And if so, can it just be a plain rosewater one or does it have to be a "bells and whistles" fancy one?

Right, I'm off to PM leeleedeedee now about that Rose Cream!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:45 am      Reply with quote
You definitely don't need a toner..I've stopped using one years ago, extra step and expense. I don't think the KH one is anything to write home about judging from the ingredients anyway.

Still shoveling...SNOW on top of ICE which was on top of more SNOW. The fluctuations in temps have been maddening.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hurray for no toner! Very Happy

Boo for snow and ice! Mad
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
oh Marina, I do not miss the shoveling since moving south- but talk about fluctuations- we had a high of 79 on sunday and 29 on Monday- thankfully no ive for us like others nearby.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
Creme AHA
I've used Epidermx. If you love it and perhaps want a change, try KH Mild scrub instead of the creme AHA. The scrub bits are made from marble powder and you can never over-scrub with it.

OFC vs VK1 vs VK2
Oxygen face cream is recommended for ladies under 30 with acne. Personally, I prefer VK1 to OFC, it is more hydrating and has a lovely souffle texture.

I'm still fighting a battle between ordering VK1 or VK2 myself.

VK1 pros - Read in an EDS post that a UK therapist recommends VK1 and staying with VK1 if the skin is happy. IIRC, she said there is no reason to move to VK2 if our skin is happy.

VK2 pros - higher oxygen level and better for people who are acne prone.

If you are orderng VK2, ask for samples of VK1. The sample package lasted me 1 week - decanted into a small container. This way, you can ease your skin into the oxygen with VK1 before using VK2 for the long term.

Moisture
I'm acne prone and don't like the idea of the VK facial oil. I've tried the additional sweet and really love it. After reading around, I get the feeling that additional sweet is meant to ease us into the oxygen routine and that vit H is a stronger product (this is my personal opinion!!)

Eye Cream
Abit off topic here since I've never tried the KH eye cream. I use La Roche Posay Redermic eyecream. It does contain retionol. It beats LP and Sisleya hands down!! I'm getting the Karin eye cream too and intend to use one in the day n night!

- I have a word document summarizing what i considered important posts from this extremely long thread. it took me 2 weeks to finish reading!! if you're interested, pm me and i'll email it to you =)

- don't forget to stop your actives 1 to 2 weeks before you start KH! The actives can be added back later.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
majorb, here's an independent review by GO for Karin Herzog's products. It's dated 1998! I LOVE classic items that's gone through the trials of time :

http://goinside.com/98/12/herzog.html

hth Bad Grin

ps you can tell i'm nutz about KH!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Love that review, snowstar! How fab that these same products are still going strong!

Can I just ask with the additional sweet is, please? I can't seem to find that one.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |