Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Ang3LiCD3viLZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 14, 2009 8:27 am      Reply with quote
oriana808 wrote:

KH apparently uses pharmaceutical grade mineral oil. Here is something I found on the subject:

Quote:
Knowing the pore-clogging potential of the first two grades of mineral oil—not to mention the possible irritation and carcinogenicity quotients of the technical grade—many manufacturers still formulating with this oil are restricting their use of it only to the pharmaceutical grade known as mineral oil USP. This is a water-white oil, indicating that it is free of impurities as dictated by the United States pharmaceutical standard. It also is not likely to clog pores and, therefore, has received a zero-to-one rating in most comedogenicity tests. When used in cosmetic products, mineral oil USP can’t be listed with its USP identification. The only way to determine if the manufacturer has used this grade is to ask a brand representative.
Unfortunately, because mineral oil is an effective occlusive agent, even the USP grade has been found to magnify the pore-clogging potential of comedogenic ingredients by trapping them in pores. So, although mineral oil USP is not going to clog pores, caution should be used when it is included in leave-on products containing pore-clogging ingredients—at least when these products are applied to clog-prone skin.

http://www.skininc.com/skinscience/ingredients/6663987.html

I have, like others, experienced the bumps coming up - nothing major, but I have scaled back on the use of the oxygen-based face cream to once or twice a week. Still loving the Vit. H and eye cream and cleanser.

Hi oriana 808,
Thanks for the detailed information and attached link. At least now I'm aware KH alone will not cause pore clogging unless I'm additional products which are comedogenic ingredients. In future, I will have to be more cautious when selecting products to mix with KH products..Appreciate your sharing and it's very useful to me. Surprised
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Ladies,
I'm sorry if this has already been addressed in this thread, but I couldn't find the answer.

I currently use Vita-Kombi-1 in the evening only, but want to step up to AM/PM use. I took advantage of the summer sale to purchase vit H and Vita-Kombi-2, so want to step up/finish off my supply of VK1.

My question is this: I currently use SkinMedica vit C in the am, and need to figure out where to put the VK and vit H? My am routine goes like this:
1. Cleanse with microfiber cloth
2. Skinmedica vit C
3. Moisturizer (NCN Bio-Active Day cream)
4. sunscreen & makeup

TIA! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
C'mon, now...where did all the KH fans go???

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:57 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, I'm no expert and I found that some of the KH products broke me out (although I still use and love the Chocolate Cleanser, Essential Mask and VK3 Spot Treatment.

I'd hazard a guess that you should use them after the Vitamin C. Hopefully, someone with more experience will come along and verify that, though.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Hello Nadjazz....I'm still a huge KH fan, but I don't use Vitamin C so I'm not sure what is the right thing to do. That being said, I would agree with majorb and apply the Vitamin C first and then your KH products. That's just my opinion, though. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:22 am      Reply with quote
majorb and leeleedeedee,
Thank you for your replies! I'll try layering them over the vit C, and see how it goes.

majorb - Chocolate Cleanser and Essential Mask are next on my list!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there Nadjazz,

I've been using VK2 for a while now (not sure how long, but I'm on my second jar) and I use it with Vit C in the morning. I start with Vit C (or another antioxidant serum), leave it on for ~10 min, and then apply VK2. I let it sink in for about 5-10 minutes and then follow with make up.

Hope that helps. R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, rubby! It's good to "hear" from you! Thank you, I started to wonder if for some reason, vit C was not compatible with KH products. So, it's comforting to receive your response. Your timing is perfect, since my VK2 and vit H just came in the mail yesterday!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Vitamin c with VK2 over (waiting at least 10 minutes in between) for a long time. I need to order my third jar. I love KH. I use other products but always go back to KH - and it is my go to for "the night out" - glow on......

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:13 am      Reply with quote
I got an email this morning from the US Karin Herzog site for 50% off all KH products. The code is embedded in the email and automatically takes it off. The offer is good till July 31st or till supplies last. I'm not sure if you'd have to be signed up for notices to get it but there's still time to sign up if that's the case.

www.karinherzogus.com
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Wow - Thanks Marina.. Just in time.

Nadjazz - I have a comment (for what it's worth!)... I have used the chocolate cleanser -and the regular. And when I used the chocolate I felt like I was putting a fudge brownie on my face. For some reason the soft scent of the regular professional clea. was more to my liking.
And the essential mask is nice too - I use this at times before I go out.

and 50% off - I am so going to that link! Thanks again.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:48 am      Reply with quote
marina - thanks for sharing! I've fired off a request to get added to their email list. Now would be a great time to try the other products I'm lemming!

sister sweets - thank you, I appreciate the input! I'm happy with the professional cleanser, but something about chocolate products sounds so decadent, I just have to try it! Rolling Eyes

I would love to have a spa treatment like this...mmmmmmm!

http://www.karinherzogus.com/detail_presse.php?id=20

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
Nadjazz, Unless you seriously adore anything chocolate, I'd stick to the regular one. It's seriously ovepowering and I don't find the cleansing to be the same. Now the choco2 moisturizer smells more like a latte..so..
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
ok, marina - you and sister sweets have both talked me out of the choco products now! Ah, well, that just means more $$ available to try the other products...like maybe the vita-A-kombi oil?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I might be interested in trying some of this line. I see a lot of ppl seem pretty happy with it.

some questions for all of you: is this mainly a anti-aging line or acne one?

could I just start w/ one thing, like the VK3 for spot treatment?

can it be mixed with other brands - like 302's? > mostly actives (302 serum, Retin A or C boost?) & where would you fit application of the VK3 in at?

thanks for all your help

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
foxe - I can't help you with advice about 302, but I can tell you that it's definitely possible to start with just one Karin Herzog product.

For the VK-3, you only apply it to a blemish as it's pretty strong stuff. Don't apply it anywhere else or over a large area of skin. I use VK-3 myself and apply it last in my routine - usually at night or when I'm not leaving the house as the cream is white on the skin.

I think Karin Herzog is meant to give a clear, glowing complexion - so both for acne and to improve the look of skin. Clearer, glowing skin can look younger.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hello foxe.....from my research into KH skin care this line offers anti-aging benefits. From the age of 24 the activity/oxygen levels in the skin slows down and a decrease in collagen production ensues. KH products trap oxygen and throws it into the skin which then builds more intracellular fluid. This factor plus the non acid retinol will slowly build up collagen production resulting in a younger looking skin.

Hope this makes sense. I'm not a scientific person but this is the gyst behind putting oxygen into skin care products.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
majorb and leeleedeedee,

what were your skin issues you wanted to resolve prior to using KH?

and, what have your results been and in what time frame did you see those?

I would like some help w/ acne issues at the moment myself.

Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Also, how do most ppl like the VK3? Does it work pretty good on blemishes?

(I've only skimmed the thread so far, sorry if this has already been answered)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
foxe....my only skin issues were dryness and hyperpigmentation. My skin is now much more hydrated and the hyperpigmentation has been slightly lightened but I was not using the KH consistently because I stopped for a while to try ZO. So, it's hard to say the length of time it took for these changes in my skin to occur. Also, I have not yet gone onto VK 2 which I want to eventually do. I think more benefits will arise with an increase in oxygen. But, my skin does have a very nice glow to it. Many people have commented on that.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:07 am      Reply with quote
I'm afraid my skin wouldn't tolerate the full Karin Herzog regime, and I ended up with a couple of very difficult to get rid of hard cyst-like blemishes. They've now gone, but it took a while.

But I did really like the products, otherwise, and still incorporate some into my routine.

I currently use the Chocolate Cleanser (but have just ordered the Professional Cleanser to see what the difference is), plus the Essential Mask (brilliant for helping to give a clear, glowing complexion) and the VK-3 as a spot treatment.

I've just turned 43 and my skin is dry, beginning to lose elasticity and with fine lines. There are a few small spots of hyperpigmentation and my skin can look blotchy as it's very pale indeed.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:55 am      Reply with quote
majorb (or anyone else who can answer this)

do you know how the VK3 compares to a topical antibiotic or BP for clearing up a blemish? Is it very strong/does it do a good job?

What types of blemishes does it work best on, too?

I currently am using a topical anti-biotic (never have used this one in the the past) and it seems to be helping my breakouts that I recently got. But, being an antibiotic, I'd like to venture away from depending on it, having heard they can kill off the good bacterias too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Oh dear, I'm not the best person to answer this, I'm afraid. I've never used an antibiotic preparation to clear up a blemish and don't even know what BP is.

The blemishes I get tend to be once a month, obviously hormonal. I can actually feel the area where I've applied the VK-3 tingling, and it seems to fade the redness very well.

I've only tried a few anti-blemish spot treatments before, and this definitely seems to be the most effective for me. (Others I've tried include Juice Beauty, Body Shop etc.)
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:58 am      Reply with quote
thanks for answering marjorb. BP is benzoyle peroxide.

If anyone else has a comparison, it would be nice to know.

I have a feeling the Rx topical I'm using is stronger than the KH. KH doesn't have samples, tho - do they?

Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all. So I just started the KH line and I began with the OFC and Mild Scrub. I'm 21 years old and I have suffered from acne/oily skin for as long as I can remember. It's not as bad as it used to (hope to be growing out of it) but still not well enough to be anywhere in public without MU on. Anyway, I'm not sure what to say yet about the products, seeing as I've only used them for about 2 weeks so far. However, my skin seems to be MORE oily since having started this line. Did anyone else have this problem? I got really excited and also ordered the VK2, which I'm not sure is even suitable for my skin but I figured I can attack the problem with 4% oxygen (2% from OFC and 2% from VK2) if I used them at the same time and that way have better results. This topic has a verrry long thread so I wouldn't even know where to begin lol. Any advice would be much appreciated!! I'm hoping this line works for me seeing as not much else has. I am slowly switching over from Osmosis to KH, assuming it will work better for me that is...

: )
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |