Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:23 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Marina.... I understand what you are saying.

Time2Bme....the oxygen in KH products will bleach hair. When using the eye cream just wipe the brows and eyelashes and there should be no problem. After two years of using the eye cream I have not had anything bleached.

Thanks Leelee!! I'm glad you also said the eyelashes, I wouldn't have thought of that. In the past, I've never put eye cream on my lid itself, just on the area surrounding the eyes. Should I be putting it on my eyelid and up to the lash line below my eye?

Sorry for all the questions - you think you have an idea about how to use things until you find a forum like that and realize how little you truly know !! Embarassed
yakkomomo
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:47 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
yakkomomo wrote:
Is there any recoomendation for first start user of KH?? I would like to start with the basic cleanser, toner and cream because I believe it's better to use the whole line for the skincare to get the best result.

Hi, yakkomomo.

I wouldn't recommend that you start with a whole lot of different things at once as part of any regime. If you do that, you may overload your skin with new product, plus you won't know exactly which products work for you and which don't.

It would very helpful if you could give us an overview of yourself - age range, type of skin, any particular skin concerns, etc - otherwise it's difficult to make any good recommendations.

I only use a couple of Karin Herzog products, but can recommend them both to you. The Professional Cleanser is great - very effective, whilst still leaving my dry skin comfortable. Also, many of us love the Essential Mask - it gives the complexion a real boost (especially if you leave it on over night - but don't do this on your first try with it, follow the instructions instead as it's best to make sure that your skin's okay with it).

Thanks so much for your recommendation, majorb!

I'm on my late-20s, sensitive skin with a bit oily in T-zone area.

I always like to switch the whole line of my skincare, would that be the reason why I have allergy so often?!!

I might try the Essential Mask first in my next order. Would you apply a thick or thin layer when you use it as an overnight mask??
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:33 am      Reply with quote
yakkomomo wrote:
I'm on my late-20s, sensitive skin with a bit oily in T-zone area.

I always like to switch the whole line of my skincare, would that be the reason why I have allergy so often?!!

I might try the Essential Mask first in my next order. Would you apply a thick or thin layer when you use it as an overnight mask??

You're very welcome, yakkomomo. Very Happy

If you have sensitive skin or are prone to allergies, than it's really best to use gentle products wherever possible and not overload your skin. So yes, you could be causing problems when you do a lot of product changing. Definitely best to try one new thing at a time.

With the Essential Mask, please make sure you test it on your skin first and leave it on only for the 15 minutes recommended. I'd hate for you to wake up the next morning and find that your face is all blotchy and sore! Then, if you find that your skin likes it, you can apply it overnight.

I usually make sure that my skin is covered. I think it takes about 3 large pea size blobs for me to do this. Make sure that you avoid your eyebrows (it'll bleach them otherwise), whole eye area, nostrils and mouth.

As my skin type and age are both very different from yours, I'll leave it to other forum members to give you appropriate recommendations for other products.

Good luck, and hope you enjoy the Karin Herzog line! Smile
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Hello Time2Bme....please don't worry about all of the questions. Ask as many as you need to. Yes, you can put KH eye cream on the eyelid and all around the eye area. I have extremely sensitive eyes and there is no problem with irritation. It is really a wonderful cream. After application just gently wipe the eyelashes and eyebrows with your finger.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Hello yakkomomo....if you are using the Essential Mask overnight, apply a very thin layer and allow it to sink into your skin. When using KH products you never rub the creams into you skin because the oxygen will penetrate your finger and not the layers of your face which is where you want it to be. So, always apply just enough to let it sink into the skin without any rubbing.

Start your KH regime with just a couple of basic products and slowly add other products over time.
Bree5666
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Update...now I'm using the only spatula that came with the vit H jar to spread every KH item I have. Laughing Laughing
One major benefit I find is the ease of expressing blackheads and clogged pores!!! Yes I know I shouldn't do that but I can't help it when it's so easy with the OFC.
Actually what are the symptoms of going too fast on KH products?
So far I've been spreading the products like a layer of peanut butter with some areas having white froth which I gathered means too much product. Have not experienced anything nasty. Same goes for the vit H. I didn't have the patience to wait for my zits to totally heal before I started on it. VH had a softening effect rather than moisturizing. So it did a nice job of softening my under eye areas (used w OFC).
Also a word on the anti cellulite cream... Don't know effects but I do hate the itchy feel it gives me when it bubbles on my skin.
Ok that's the progress so far.. Calming down my outbreak slowly but surely Very Happy
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Everyone reacts differently to products. Some people can use a ton of KH products all at once without any problems whatsoever, while others may get increased break outs or dryness as the skin begins to adjust to the oxygen. When starting KH there is about a 6 week period where the skin may become dryer and an added moisturizer is needed. Again, everyone is different and some may not experience this at all.

One thing I can think of if using too much KH is that you are just wasting the product because your skin can absorb just so much oxygen. Any cream remaining on your skin is just extra that can't be absorbed. It doesn't have to be spread on your face like peanut butter but rather like a thin layer of butter. A little goes a long way. Just trying to save some money for you,Bree5666. Just hope you're happy with the results.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Hello Time2Bme....please don't worry about all of the questions. Ask as many as you need to. Yes, you can put KH eye cream on the eyelid and all around the eye area. I have extremely sensitive eyes and there is no problem with irritation. It is really a wonderful cream. After application just gently wipe the eyelashes and eyebrows with your finger.

Thank you so much LeeLee !! I'm looking forward to receiving my order; I'll post once I've been able to try it.

This site is wonderful .. my bank account may not think so though Shock
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Yes,Time2Bme...please keep us informed of your progress with KH. I certainly do hope that you like KH as much as I do.
yakkomomo
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks majorb and leeleedeedee,

I will definitely try the KH essential mask in the near future(well, must be after the next pay day). The comment from you two are very useful. I will keep looking for some gentle but useful skincare for my face!
Bree5666
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:18 am      Reply with quote
Thanks leeleedeedee for your advise. The last thing I want to do is to waste product. I will definately try spreading it thinly. I am also quite keen on trying the mask based on everyone's recommendations.
I wonder which sites are doing discounts now. I need to help my bank account! Razz

What do you think if I incorporate a Vit C as well as copper peptides in my routine gradually?

So much to buy and try and so little $$$ !!
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Hello Bree5666, You can certainly use other actives while on KH. However, the Choco2 does contain Vitamin C so if you choose to buy that product you are getting your vitamin C as well.

That's the great thing about KH. You really don't have to use it exclusively. I just happen to like most of the product line. But, you can certainly use other products as well.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Yes,Time2Bme...please keep us informed of your progress with KH. I certainly do hope that you like KH as much as I do.

I will ... Thanks again !!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Skinelements.com is having a 20% off sale when you spend $80. The code is "karin"
I can't link yet, but if you add http://www. to the words below, it'll bring you there !!!
skinelements.com/kahesa.html

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:27 am      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:
Skinelements.com is having a 20% off sale when you spend $80. The code is "karin"
I can't link yet, but if you add http://www. to the words below, it'll bring you there !!!

Great, thanks Time2Bme
With the 20% discount,I think it's the time to start using KH. I would need to calculate whether it's cheaper to buy from the website you mentioned or from EDS. Skinelements.com will charge international shipping but EDS does not.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:44 am      Reply with quote
I live in Canada, so I stuck with EDS. By the time you pay the extra shipping and possibly get stung with the taxes through Customs ... not to mention the extra wait for the pkge to arrive, I decided to stay with EDS.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:27 am      Reply with quote
ok I'm all excited again! I had a mini KH spree at skinelements cos of the 20% discount and I'm too anxious to wait for EDS next sale.
I've ordered the much raved mask, leeleedeedee's suggested Choco2 as well as the protective day.
Although I've not used KH long enough for a proper review, but I must say that the oxygen contents in both VK2 as well as OFC plays a great part in normalizing my oil production as well as reducing any surface zits that I had. I also had a question in my mind, as I've read somewhere on the importance of having balance in skincare. Based on this theory, some sort of hydration / moisturizing is recommended after use of oxygen (or BP) products in order to maintain its balance. So either water based or oil based products would be used depending if your skin tends towards dehydration or dryness due to lack of oil. For example, if oxygen use caused skin to be too dry on the surface, the dead skin cells causing this would have to be exfoliated in order not to cause clogs. And hydrating and moisturizing the skin is to put back the skin's natural balance and provide barrier against the environment. Something along this line. So combi / acne-prone skin like mine would also need something like a waterbased serum plus a facial oil to ensure that the gunk from underneath does not get trapped and is being dried up as it is being pushed to the surface.
Not sure if I'm confusing here but any thoughts on this anyone?
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Hello Bree5666....you would only need a moisturizer if your skin feels dry after using the KH oxygen products. Initially, the KH may cause increased dryness but after wards, the skin tends to normalize and an added moisturizer may not be need.

If you feel that you do then I would suggest the Chocolate Moisturizer by KH. It is perfect. It's additional moisture for those who need it but is not rich and doesn't clog pores.

Does this answer your questions? If not, let me know and I'll try again.
Bree5666
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Leeleedeedee!!!!
I've been enlightened! With all my confusion and concerns on acheiving balance in skin... U helped with just one sentence! SKIN WILL NORMALIZE!
Thank you so much. This will help greatly in my assessment of my skin progress as well as my routine. Laughing
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Bree5666

Glad I could help. Wasn't sure I was answering your question, but very glad I did.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Vk2 is a wonder product in my opinion and I've been through several jars. Also the eye cream. I have oily/combination skin so have never been one for moisturizer but I have used BHO's such as Baobob oil from GoW and also Hemp seed oil. These work on an oily skinned gal like me and work well. They also work when used over Cp's.

Vitamin C works great with KH products. I did DIY serums and also skinceuticals C E ferulic. I used C in the AM and the VK2 at night. Very fresh and glowy was what I remembered. I started to go with CP's because of the firming and anti-aging and I'm very strong on using these. Rotation is the way I do it. Right now I'm CP's and put VK2 back into the rotation and will see how it goes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:36 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Vk2 is a wonder product in my opinion and I've been through several jars. Also the eye cream. I have oily/combination skin so have never been one for moisturizer but I have used BHO's such as Baobob oil from GoW and also Hemp seed oil. These work on an oily skinned gal like me and work well. They also work when used over Cp's.

Vitamin C works great with KH products. I did DIY serums and also skinceuticals C E ferulic. I used C in the AM and the VK2 at night. Very fresh and glowy was what I remembered. I started to go with CP's because of the firming and anti-aging and I'm very strong on using these. Rotation is the way I do it. Right now I'm CP's and put VK2 back into the rotation and will see how it goes.

Thanks for your post Sister Sweets ! I was wondering about using other products with KH. I have a number of KH products on order, but they haven't arrived yet. Sad

I really like the Vit C serum I've been using so I was hoping I could still use it AM. I also like the DMAE gel. Has anyone used that in conjunction with KH? I may not need to reorder the DMAE, if KH does the job itself, but I definitely want to use it up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
The oxygen products need to be placed gently on top of the skin (not rubbed in) and so need time to absorb in. If you are going to use DMAE you will need to wait a good while after applying KH. I'd give it 30 minutes. See how it goes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:

If you buy those items at skincarerx.com you will get an extra 15% off on top of the other websites sale price.
-meaning you are saving 35% off in total.
-so the 20% off from skin elements, then 15% bonus for the pricematch at skincarerx

I always check some health store websites for the body lotions I buy then always price match at skincarerx because I save a lot more and those items I like are never a lower price at skincarerx (usually buy derma e and deep steep soaps).

anyway hopefully this will help save some $$ if you use this method.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:

If you buy those items at skincarerx.com you will get an extra 15% off on top of the other websites sale price.
-meaning you are saving 35% off in total.
-so the 20% off from skin elements, then 15% bonus for the pricematch at skincarerx

I always check some health store websites for the body lotions I buy then always price match at skincarerx because I save a lot more and those items I like are never a lower price at skincarerx (usually buy derma e and deep steep soaps).

anyway hopefully this will help save some $$ if you use this method.

Ottawa ... This is awesome ! Thank you for letting everyone know. How do you do this? Do you place the order and they adjust the price afterwards, or do you contact them ahead of time?

With the name Ottawa - are you from Canada? The reason I'm asking is wondering if the shipping charges are high from the other sites and you end up paying the customs' fee? Even though the items are 'duty-free', Customs seems to charge higher than the normal sales tax if they stop the package when it goes through. I was wondering if you still found you saved enough to make it worth ordering it from the U.S.

TIA

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |