Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2011 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Wow, vitamin H, not K, sorry

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Still haven't made my mind up about the VK2 and the VK2 w/apricot.....I just hate to change something that works as good as it does.....But I am super low, so I have to make my mind up SOON.....I think I will try the VK with apricot since it is the same with a few added ingredients Smile)

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
Torinlyn

Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone!

I am new to the Karin Herzog products and was just wondering if I chose the right products...

Professional Cleansing Cream
Vita-A-Kombi with AHA
Eye Cream

Does anyone have any suggestions? What is the best way to use them? Should I get anything else?

It is all just SO confusing!
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Torinlyn wrote:
Hello everyone!

I am new to the Karin Herzog products and was just wondering if I chose the right products...

Professional Cleansing Cream
Vita-A-Kombi with AHA
Eye Cream

Does anyone have any suggestions? What is the best way to use them? Should I get anything else?

It is all just SO confusing!

When I first used KH, I started on the VK 2% and love it. I have been using it ever since. I did purchase the Apricot this time around, since it has the same ingredients with a few added :)But I think you will be happy with your choice Smile I have definitely noticed an improvement in my skin and I am hoping the Apricot takes me to that next level Smile

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:46 am      Reply with quote
I saw one of the recent reviews on the vitamin H Cream. Is this a moisturizer and is it used OVER the VK 2%? Does one apply the same way (Dotting on) or is it used solely as a moisturizer to where it is rubbed on?

MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
How serendipitous....I received a sample of the Vitamin K with my KH Apricot Smile

BTW, I am alreaddy loving the KH Apricot and thinking I made the right choice in switching up from the VK 2 to the apricot.....I will give it a week or two and definitely review if this is doing better on my skin tone and small scarring.......I hate to wish time by, but I couldn't wait until night to use this stuff to see what difference it is going to make.... Smile

MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
MentorAmy05 wrote:
How serendipitous....I received a sample of the Vitamin K with my KH Apricot Smile

BTW, I am alreaddy loving the KH Apricot and thinking I made the right choice in switching up from the VK 2 to the apricot.....I will give it a week or two and definitely review if this is doing better on my skin tone and small scarring.......I hate to wish time by, but I couldn't wait until night to use this stuff to see what difference it is going to make.... Smile

^^^^^Vitamin "H" not K....Sorry!!!!!

MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
MentorAmy05 wrote:
I started a thread and just saw this. I have read some but can someone tell me the difference in the vita kombi 2 (which I have been using a couple of years) ans the vk with apricot? If I am reading correctly, are they the same with the exception that the one contains apricot oil?

Guess it feels like a couple of yrs., but I was reading my old posts and see where I have only been using the KH products for less than 1.5 years....so I wanted to make that correction....None the less, I LOVE this line and do not think I could do without it!

MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
sbtrfly74 wrote:
I just want to add I'm sold... couldn't help it but just went to look in the mirror again and my forehead wrinkles are gone! I have 2 very minor and 1 small deeper wrinkle on my forehead mostly from raising my eyebrows a lot. I use to only see them when I would raise my eyebrows but now see them all the time. All gone.... and the worst one is I would say 95% gone. I was going to take a picture earlier of my skin to watch for changes over the next coming weeks but forgot and thought eh no biggie it wont happen very quickly, I'll do it tomorrow.

I definitely want to get the eye cream now since I have a few beginning crows feet and small wrinkles around my eyes that I'm starting to notice. Now hopefully it fixes my large pores and sporadic adult acne and I'll be a happy camper Very Happy

I'm not certain which product you are using but I could vouch fr the KH VK 2% and pore reduction.....This product is AMAZING.....I have some enlarged pores and some small ice pick scarring and it has done wonders for them......

MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, I just applied the Vitamin H Cream OVER my KH Apricot....Is this correct? I read on a regime here (somewhere) to apply "under".....But from what I have read.....I took it as on top of the vk Question Question Question

MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
What KH cream do you guys use over your oxygen? I have been using Bio Oil, but was curious about one of KH products that I can put over the KH VK 2% or the KH Apricot, that will help moisturize

MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to keep posting separate posts, but I am trying to read ALL of this KH Review post (Which is VERY long) But I just asked about putting a moisturizer "over" the Vita Apricot, but upon reading, I have noticed that there is a Vita A Kombi Facial "Oil", that goes "under" the oxygen creams....Soooo, I have always thought everything went over the oxygen, but I see now, I am wrong, as some of the products I have read go under the oxygen....But anyways, I can't find the Vita A Kombi Facial Oil on the KH product page....Am I somehow missing this product? If anyone uses this under the oxygen, what are your results? Does it help moisturize, so that there is no need to apply an additional moisturiser over the oxygen? My apologies in advance for all the posts and questions!

MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:10 am      Reply with quote
I just got off the phone with Joella and she recommended using Rose Hip Oil under the KH Apricot. She states this will help with moisturising the skin and the small ice pick scars.

MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:43 am      Reply with quote
okay, so I wanted to give my opinion on the Vitamin H....I don't like it LOL - I don't know what it is about the product, but it seems to make my pores look larger than they typically are. I tried it a few days (the sample that I received) & I don't care for this product. I was hoping I would love it, as I do the Oxygens.....But just isn't there for me.

lizziebeth

Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:44 am      Reply with quote
Hi, everyone! I'm new to the KH line but absolutely love it. I think I am a customer for life! I started with the Professional Cleanser and the Vita-A-Kombi 1. I also got the small size of the VAK 3 for spot treatment. I love all 3, and want to add to my collection slowly, one item at a time.

So, I'm considering:

- Essential Mask
- Mild Scrub
- Eye Cream

Which one do you think is a must-have? Or, is there anything else you'd recommend?

FYI, I am 33, very fair, pretty normal/combo skin, and I do get some hormonal mild cystic acne, esp around my hairline and jawline. As a result of this I have some scarring that I'd like to fade.

Thanks!!
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:29 am      Reply with quote
lizziebeth wrote:
Hi, everyone! I'm new to the KH line but absolutely love it. I think I am a customer for life! I started with the Professional Cleanser and the Vita-A-Kombi 1. I also got the small size of the VAK 3 for spot treatment. I love all 3, and want to add to my collection slowly, one item at a time.

So, I'm considering:

- Essential Mask
- Mild Scrub
- Eye Cream

Which one do you think is a must-have? Or, is there anything else you'd recommend?

FYI, I am 33, very fair, pretty normal/combo skin, and I do get some hormonal mild cystic acne, esp around my hairline and jawline. As a result of this I have some scarring that I'd like to fade.

Thanks!!

Lizzie, I would definitely try the Vita Kombi 2% or the KH Apricot, for the scarring. The main reason I started using the KH Oxygen was for small ice pick scarring and I have noticed a dramatic difference/improvement. I started out using the VK 2% approx. a year and a half ago and then recently converted over to the KH Apricot and I also would not go a day without it. I would lean more towards the apricot because it has the same ingredients as the VK 2% but has added glycolic acid and apricot oil. I am not in front of my product at this present moment, but I am pretty certain those are the two additions to the apricot. It is also stated above, in one of my posts, on this topic Smile

lizziebeth

Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:36 am      Reply with quote
MentorAmy05 wrote:
lizziebeth wrote:

So, I'm considering:

- Essential Mask
- Mild Scrub
- Eye Cream

Thanks!!

Lizzie, I would definitely try the Vita Kombi 2% or the KH Apricot, for the scarring. The main reason I started using the KH Oxygen was for small ice pick scarring and I have noticed a dramatic difference/improvement. I started out using the VK 2% approx. a year and a half ago and then recently converted over to the KH Apricot and I also would not go a day without it. I would lean more towards the apricot because it has the same ingredients as the VK 2% but has added glycolic acid and apricot oil. I am not in front of my product at this present moment, but I am pretty certain those are the two additions to the apricot. It is also stated above, in one of my posts, on this topic Smile

Thank you so much!! I will definitely try one of these when I run out of the VK 1%. Is there another product you would recommend in the meantime? I just wanted to try a mask or scrub in addition to the daily regimen...
taligator
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE the Essential Mask. It is easily one of my favorite items in the line. I use it (when I'm good and remembering) 3x a week and love how my skin looks with it.

I'm not a fan of the scrub. It's very difficult to get off my skin which I find odd.

The eye creme is good but I forget to use it. I'm sure with consistent use it'd be even better!
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:14 am      Reply with quote
MentorAmy05 wrote:
lizziebeth wrote:

So, I'm considering:

- Essential Mask
- Mild Scrub
- Eye Cream

Thanks!!

I am going to try the vit a apricot because of your review. I've been trying to get ride of my acne scars too. Can you share the rest of your skincare regime? Thanks

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I've ordered the vit a apricot and they shipped it out yesterday. I cant wait to try it. I'll let you know if it works.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:05 am      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
I've ordered the vit a apricot and they shipped it out yesterday. I cant wait to try it. I'll let you know if it works.

Awesome! I think you will love it. I started out with the Vita Kombi 2% and stayed on it for approx. a year and a half and noticed a change over that time. More recently I moved to the Apricot, since it is basically the same with the exception of having the added glycoloc and apricot oil and I must say I am seeing even more positive results. As you have read, I was kind of skeptical about switching over from the VK 2%, since I had noticed such positive results, but I am glad I made the switch and gave it a try. I was told by JoElla that Rosehip oil would also help with scarring, so I am currently using that under (and on top at times) of the KH Apricot. So basically my routine is this:

Mornings, I use the rosehip oil (australis brand) or Oil of Olay Pro X Serum

PM routine is the KH Apricot and Rosehip Oil, as of now. Before the rosehip, I used Bio Oil and it seemed to also help even my skin tone & ice pick like scars.

The KH Oxygen products are recommended to be ised twice per day, but I have seen results with once per day. I may move to twice per day soon, just to see if I see more results, but the once in the evenings seems to do fine for me.

I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I will never stop the oxygen line. I know first hand what it has helped me with and the fact that alot of celebrities use it doesn't make a bad statement either Wink

To be honest, I am wanting to use the PRIORI Cellular Recovery Serum, for my AM routine, but I don't want to drop $95 on it and not have any reviews from here. I tried the sample I received and it really looked as if it helped, but that is hard to say considering the sample only lasts 3-4 days, at best.

Also, I forgot to mention that JoElla also suggested the BOOST, in regards to the scarring, though I have not tried it yet.

Hope that helps and please let me know your results, when you receive and use it. I hope it helps you like it has me Smile

sunshine4ana

Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone,
I've spent the last few weeks reading up on KH products and this thread (wow! long thread)

I've been an ardent Dermalogica and Skinceuticals fan for about three years now. They have helped with some of the worse acne I've had but now, I've plateaued. I have a strong tzone and hormonal acne on and beneath the jaw line. Scars galore. Never had acne until in my early 20s and now, six years later, I'm fed up.
So I hope a Karin Herzog regimen will help improve my skin.
I've ordered a started kit with vitaK 1%, mild scrub, toner, additional sweet, essential mask and the foot cream. I've also purchased the Facial cream on its own. My skin is so sensitive I hope it'll be worth it. The goal is to achieve clear, glowing skin without having need to wear makeup. I'll keep you posted.
It should arrive soon, I can't wait.
Thank you to all posters who were kind enough to offer a detailed review of their KH regimen. I'll play around with it until I figure out what else my skin needs to be health.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:40 am      Reply with quote
I hope you love the KH products the way I do...Especially the oxygen.

I started using the KH VK 2% for my ice pick scarring. Mine are minor but still noticeable and I vow to stay on the oxygen line. I LOVE THIS STUFF. As you may have read, I recently made the switch to the KH Apricot and I am in love with it as well, so what I think I will do is switch between the VK 2% & Apricot (when I run out, I will rotate) because they reallt seem to help my scars. I hope this line does the same for you! Smile

sunshine4ana

Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Mentor for your reply.
Have you notices the icepick scars change at all?
I've got a lot of little bumps under the skin that never go away, I hope using oxygen will get rid of them.

I'm using Retinol 1% from Skinceuticals in the evening alternating it with Retexturing Serum. From what I understand about the way these products work I should use the oxygen face cream on top of the retinol... but to use the VK1% on its own correct? Can I layer the vk1% and oxygen face? During the day I use Dermalogica's oil control lotion which contains salicylic acid, can I use salicylic acid with oxygen?
Should I quit Retinol 1% at this time and let KH do its magic on its own? Anyone with experience with both these lines and KH?
gosh, I didn't know I had so many questions until I started typing!
Thanks in advance.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
sunshine4ana wrote:
thanks Mentor for your reply.
Have you notices the icepick scars change at all?
I've got a lot of little bumps under the skin that never go away, I hope using oxygen will get rid of them.

I'm using Retinol 1% from Skinceuticals in the evening alternating it with Retexturing Serum. From what I understand about the way these products work I should use the oxygen face cream on top of the retinol... but to use the VK1% on its own correct? Can I layer the vk1% and oxygen face? During the day I use Dermalogica's oil control lotion which contains salicylic acid, can I use salicylic acid with oxygen?
Should I quit Retinol 1% at this time and let KH do its magic on its own? Anyone with experience with both these lines and KH?
gosh, I didn't know I had so many questions until I started typing!
Thanks in advance.

Most definitely have noticed a change for the better after starting the KH Oxygen 2%. I used the Vita Kombi 2% for approx. 1.5 yrs and recently switched to the KH Apricot (same thing, but it has the added glycolic and apricot oil, which I think gives it an extra boost) I swear by this product and wish I had of found it much sooner. I have tried so many different products for the scars, even the laser and nothing seemed to help. I was reading rave reviews on here and decided to give KH a try and I must say, it will stay in my daily skincare routine. It says to use it twice per day, but I have only used it at nights, before bed, since the beginning and it has definitely helped my ice pick scarring.

Also, I recently started using rosehip oil before applying the KH, as it was recommended by Joelle, for scarring and I am liking it thus far. The only thing I have found about the rosehip is it says 2-3 drops, but I admit, I have to use alot more than that....

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |