Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:39 am      Reply with quote
I must be the only one, but I am not too crazy about the eye cream. I don't feel like it sinks in for a long time and it feels heavy to me!
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Riley,

Do you see it sitting on your skin? I think I read that if you see product on your skin after a couple of minutes, you may be using too much.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:05 am      Reply with quote
No, I don't see it sitting on my skin, but it does "feel" like it is sitting on my skin. Hope that makes sense! I only use a tiny amt of the eye cream, and am following instructions on that to "tap it in" to the skin.

I did mean to say that I tried a sample of the H cream (I have 3 sample packets of this) and this is my favorite product after just 1 use! I really like the way this felt on my neck and chest and I am planning on testing it on my face tonight.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Maybe your eye area is already well hydrated? I usually despise eye creams, this is the first one I would not only repurchase but use twice a day. If you cant use it as an eye cream, don't forget to try it on your lips, its worked some small miracles for me there.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:16 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
No, I don't see it sitting on my skin, but it does "feel" like it is sitting on my skin. Hope that makes sense! I only use a tiny amt of the eye cream, and am following instructions on that to "tap it in" to the skin.

I did mean to say that I tried a sample of the H cream (I have 3 sample packets of this) and this is my favorite product after just 1 use! I really like the way this felt on my neck and chest and I am planning on testing it on my face tonight.

Hi Riley, a couple of questions that I've been wondering about. Did you take longer to see results with your Obagi regiment or was that quick for you? I wonder if the use of Obagi might mean other lines might take longer because of the use of the TCA? Isn't the H nice? What did you think of that bright yellow? LOL. I hope you do well with it on your face as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Blues, I think I was pretty average to slightly longer than average to see results with Obagi. I could definitely tell a difference in 6 weeks on Obagi, but it was the 3 month mark when all my freckles were completely gone. I did not use TCA with the obagi.

The H sure is bright, Blues !, but I really like this cream. It gave me the "immediate" results most all of you have had with the other stuff (!). My neck and chest area looked great in the morning after I applied the H cream. Hoping it does the same for my face. Very Happy

My eyes do feel quite hydrated, and I also put everything I use on my face around my eyes, so it could be I just don't need an eye cream for underneath. I do put the eye cream on my lids, which is 1 major area I need improvement in but even there it just feels like it sits on my skin? I did use this on my lips, but after using the L2K, I don't care for the feel of most other things on my lips!

Do you all use the Kombi cream on your neck and chest?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Blues, I think I was pretty average to slightly longer than average to see results with Obagi. I could definitely tell a difference in 6 weeks on Obagi, but it was the 3 month mark when all my freckles were completely gone. I did not use TCA with the obagi.

The H sure is bright, Blues !, but I really like this cream. It gave me the "immediate" results most all of you have had with the other stuff (!). My neck and chest area looked great in the morning after I applied the H cream. Hoping it does the same for my face. Very Happy

My eyes do feel quite hydrated, and I also put everything I use on my face around my eyes, so it could be I just don't need an eye cream for underneath. I do put the eye cream on my lids, which is 1 major area I need improvement in but even there it just feels like it sits on my skin? I did use this on my lips, but after using the L2K, I don't care for the feel of most other things on my lips!

Do you all use the Kombi cream on your neck and chest?

Thanks Riley! I was being nosey. Shows you how much I know about Obagi - I thought it was a TCA product. I like the H too. Does the smell bother you? How would YOU describe the smell? I have found it works wonders on the chest. As someone mentioned to me, the chest is thinner and thus probably responds quicker. My chest wrinkles disappear after I wake up but now I don't have any!! I think your face might take longer to see results though. Let's see what happens. Oh. I only apply my KH to my cheekbones. My cheekbones are quite prominent and high so I stop at the edge and never apply around my eyes. Something kind of odd I noticed is that to avoid being whacked by the Brow Police, I've been avoiding my eyebrows and I can see a real difference in my skin where I've not applied the products. Wierd.

Edited to say I apply kombi on my neck but not my chest. Maybe I should try it for an extended period to see.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm, I don't know how I would describe the H smell. I don't have a great nose, but the smell does not bother me. What is very perfumed/fragranced is the cleansing milk to me (very heavy), but I really like the milk, so I just deal with the perfume!
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
I have no problems with an eye cream - but for me the eye area is probably the only dry area on my combo face. I do like it, and I think it makes the blood vessels somewhat constricted, so the entire eye area looks much better.

I have tons of small blood vessels on my upper eye lids and must wear shadows to cover them up.

What I did notice that my eye brows and eye lashes lost any color that they had - I am a natural redhead, so there was very little to begin with, but now it is bleached and gone.

Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
I have no problems with an eye cream - but for me the eye area is probably the only dry area on my combo face. I do like it, and I think it makes the blood vessels somewhat constricted, so the entire eye area looks much better.

I have tons of small blood vessels on my upper eye lids and must wear shadows to cover them up.

What I did notice that my eye brows and eye lashes lost any color that they had - I am a natural redhead, so there was very little to begin with, but now it is bleached and gone.

Lucy.

OHNO! Your eyelashes bleached? Did the cream migrate to places it wasn't supposed to go? How is your face, Sigma? Are you clearing up at all?

ETA to add this that I found at the UK site:
Isn’t Hydrogen Peroxide A Bleach And Therefore Too Harsh For My Skin?

Hydrogen Peroxide WILL NOT and CANNOT bleach the skin. The action and power of the liquid oxygen in Hydrogen Peroxide converting to oxygen gas on contact with catalyse is what can slowly lighten human hair. This same power/energy however, is what will detox and stimulate all the skins natural processes and functions. In our creams we use only a tiny amount of concentrated Hydrogen Peroxide. Not enough to bleach eyebrows and hair instantly, but enough to transform the condition of anyone’s skin. As Hydrogen Peroxide is a common substance found in ALL humans (especially in the gut), it is not too harsh for even the finest and most delicate of skins. It IS recognised AND utilised by the skin as it breaks down to oxygen gas and pure water to essential basic and providential elements for beautiful, healthy, living skin. It is manufactured by our body and helps regulate cell membranes and hormones. It is vital for the regulation of blood sugar utilisation and production of energy in all body cells and helps boost our immune system.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Blues, I tried to identify the smell of the H when I put it on my skin tonight. The only thing I can come up with is vitamin pills!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Blues, I tried to identify the smell of the H when I put it on my skin tonight. The only thing I can come up with is vitamin pills!

That's EXACTLY what I thought too, Riley. Oh well. We know we're putting something good on our faces.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, good. I am glad you smell it, too. I thought my nose must really be bad! I look a tad yellow in my face (!) from putting the H on, but we will see how I look in the morning.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a big ol' slob, so I've lightened my brows a bit. Not from the eye cream - from the face products. I really don't care though -- I have skimpy teensy brows that I need to darken anyway.

Laughing
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
would you girls say the H is for drier skin? And what is the purpose/result - based on what you are seeing?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
would you girls say the H is for drier skin? And what is the purpose/result - based on what you are seeing?

Sis,
I wouldn't consider it in a moisturizer in the typical sense. It doesn't feel oily or super hydrating imho. I was kind of taken aback when I first got mine because it didn't feel like I had expected. It is supposed to be for firming. I'm not at the two week point yet using it so I can't really say but it's very nice on the chest! I'd like to see what Riley says too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
I would not call it moisturizing, either. I agree not what I was expecting at all. I have only used the H cream three times, so I can't say for long term results, but for me when I get up in the morning after using it (just on my neck and chest, tonight is the first time I put this on my face) my neck lines are gone. My chest looks healthier for lack of a better word. I have sun damage on my chest and it just looks better. I'll let you know how it goes on my face.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry for just getting back.

I do not know if it was the eye cream or the face cream that bleached the eyebrows. Both eyebrows and eye lashes are bleached. I am not surprised, since hydrogen peroxide does that as well as stops bleeding, and so do the Vit A Kombi creams.

I think my skin is a tiny little it better, not yet a lot better, but ...

My skin is not bleached, may be a bit more even toned. It also did not take 2 weeks for that to happen - both the good and the bleaching parts.

Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:59 am      Reply with quote
Well, unfortunately, the H cream did not have the wonderful effect on my face! I still really like this and will continue using it on my neck and chest, though.

I have noticed not my eyebrows getting lighter, but my bangs! Very Happy
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Hey all, I just wanted to give a brief update because I've been using the KH products for a full month now (3 weeks of the Vita Kombi 2x/day, though; before, it was 1x/day). I must admit (no surprise) that I'm thrilled! Yesterday, I took a comparison picture to see how things looked after I put on a tiny bit of makeup to go to the store.

I did not use any MMU, which is not like me, but just a very little bit of the Lauren Hutton sheer concealer (yellow) in a few spots (sides and under nose; inside corner of eyes only). I'm just so happy with how my skin is looking and totally believe that some people can avoid foundation, if desired, after regular use. There is still a spot on the top of my forehead that I'd like to see go permanently (hyperpigmentation) but I'm certain it's on the way out the door.

BTW, I love the eye cream and use it 2x/day but I've shelved the Cleansing Cream to use a few nights a week. I felt it was a bit overkill for my skin and since I've stopped, I'm not experiencing many of those little under skin bumps. So far, I've used the Essential Mask once a week but may try it out today for a mid-week pick up. It's a test so, if it breaks me out, I'll go back to just one day. Still haven't placed my order but I'm super curious about the fruit acids and have noticed a pebbly texture on the bottom left of my neck since going off Retin-A. I think the AHA would help that. Also, no bleaching for me and I wonder, if it has to do with the brush application. Not sure on that as I'd imagine the oxygen would migrate once it's in the skin but who knows.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Hello - not been on for a while so cathcing up on threads! Very Happy

Anyway - I have been using the KH Vita A Apricot for a few months now. I had always avoided KH after trying it years ago and it breaking me out and then worrying about the free radical issue but after a long period of stress my skin seemed to have a breakdown and throw every possible issue at me! Dryness, flakiness, dullness, rough texture, breakouts, redness etc etc you name it I experienced it! None of my usual skincare made any difference and I was desperate. My skin has never been so upset (apart from some in my teens/20's) and is usually really nice and the thing I get compliments on!
So I caved and ordered the Vita A Apricot in desperation! Well it made an IMMEDIATE improvement and I got a bit carried away and used it twice a day everyday after a week I got the bumps that have been mentioned. I contacted Julie at KH UK and she was brilliant, suggested I back off a while and do once everyother day then gradually increase use till I was up to twice a day every day. I can truely say this has given me back my skin!

I am a redhead too and have very light brows and lashes which I tint - I just run a damp cotton ball or face cloth over my brows and lashes after application and that seems to have avoided the bleaching effect. (I'm a bit naughty and apply the VAA around my eyes too but it seems to be fine).
Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:41 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Well, unfortunately, the H cream did not have the wonderful effect on my face! I still really like this and will continue using it on my neck and chest, though.

I have noticed not my eyebrows getting lighter, but my bangs! Very Happy

What didn't it do on your face? Since that skin is thicker, I'd imagine it might take longer?
Hey Scally, good to hear you're doing well. I can't wait to get my eye cream.

Lucia, glad you popped in to let us know how the KH is working for you. I like the Vita Apricot too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Blues, when I sleep on anything but a satin pillowcase, I get creases in my face. The H did not help stop those creases on my face from happening.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Blues, when I sleep on anything but a satin pillowcase, I get creases in my face. The H did not help stop those creases on my face from happening.

Ahhh. Hey, Congrats on winning a voucher. Woohooo.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks. I am at a loss as to what to spend it on right now!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |