Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Lordy, I have one, too and I don't know that I'll EVER choose! I've used it to "shop," and discovered several new things. But I still haven't spent it.

Very shrewd, this so-called "free voucher." Laughing

Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
That's so funny because I haven't used mine yet either!! Embarassed
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing You guys are too funny. If it had been me, that thing would have been history 90 seconds later.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have a voucher and I keep vasilating - so many things to try. right now, I'm thinking sunscreen, but I also am hoping they get a new Julie Hewett palette that I have to have. Or better yet - bring on the KH!!!! Then it would be gone.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to post this, as I got a few "tips" from the UK KH site. Here is what they recommend for an anti-aging regimen:

EVENING ROUTINE: ( It is always advisable to do the evening routine at least 1 hour before retiring to bed.)

1) Professional Cleansing Cream: Massage thoroughly and remove with hot towel
2) Tonic Lotion: Decant into spray bottle and spritz all over face, or apply with cotton wool.
Blot Face dry with tissue
3) Fruit Acid Cream:( 3 times per week). Massage into the skin thoroughly. Oxygen FREE item.
4) Vita-A-Kombi Facial Oil: 2 drops is usually enough to cover the face…remember the neck!!! DO NOT REMOVE
5) Vita-A-Kombi 2: take out a pea size amount of cream, with the spatula provided. Dab the cream from the spatula in dots on cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. Remove excess cream off spatula with ring finger, and then join the dots up, spreading the cream all over the face. DO NOT RUB IN. apply small amount of cream to neck, and spread in the same way.
6) Eye Cream: Take out a small amount of cream ( about the size of a grain of rice ) for each eye. Spread the eye cream ALL OVER THE EYE AREA…INCLUDING THE EYE LID. As with Vita-A-Kombi, Leave to penetrate.

TISSUE ANY REMAINING CREAM OFF THE EYE BROWS--OXYGENATION OVER A PROLONGED PERIOD HAS THE POWER TO LIGHTEN HUMAN HAIR IF LEFT ON THE BROWS INDEFINATELY. TISSUING OFF CREAM FROM THE BROWS PREVENTS THIS GRADULAL LIGHTENING….THE BIG BONUS IS< HOWEVER< THAT THESE PRODUCTS NATURALLY-SAFELY, AND WITHOUT THE RISK OF IRRITATION, LIGHTEN FINE DOWNEY FACIAL HAIR,OFTEN FOUND AROUND THE MOUTH AREA.

7) Additional Night Cream: Massage a small amount of cream into the skin, until disappeared.

MORNING ROUTINE ( Very quick, very simple! )

1) Splash the face with hot & Cold Water. No need to use Cleanser
2) Spritz or wipe the face over with Tonic Lotion. Blot dry with towel or tissue
3) Apply a small amount of Vitamin H cream, and massage totally into the skin.
4) Apply a tiny amount of Vita-A-Kombi Facial oil, and massage into skin. Do Not Remove.
5) Vita-A-Kombi 2: take out a pea size amount of cream, with the spatula provided. Dab the cream from the spatula in dots on cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. Remove excess cream
off spatula with ring finger, and then join the dots up, spreading the cream all over the
face. DO NOT RUB IN. apply small amount of cream to neck, and spread in the same way.
6) Eye Cream: Take out a small amount of cream ( about the size of a grain of rice ) for each eye. Spread the eye cream ALL OVER THE EYE AREA…INCLUDING THE EYE LID. As with Vita-A-Kombi, Leave to penetrate.
7) Total Day Protection. Massage into the tissues to provide a dry matt protective layer. Perfect for good make-up application.

NOTE: If you want to achieve a healthy glow to the skin and your make-up look for the day, apply a tiny amount of facial oil underneath the Vita-A-Kombi, as you do at night. This will give the skin that dewy look that is very popular, and will also benefit the skin.

Hope this helps somebody!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Riley! That is great, thank you so much. I've been doing my H at night. Damn. I guess I'd better order that Fruit Acids. I do the hot and cold water in the morning but not the toner. Guess what else I need to order? Cool

Edited to say I have learned that the earlier I apply the night routine the better off it seems to work.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Riley girl - is this protocal the same for everyone?
.... Even oily skin should use the oil before the VK2? I love the cleansing cream but I'm hesitant about the oil step. The fruit acids - I'm good with those.

Sometimes anti-aging regimine tend to assume dry skin. don't want to buy things that won't work for me, but don't want to miss out. Hey, that eye cream should be here anyday now!

Morning step - splash with hot, then cold : Wow!

Blues: Quoting: Edited to say I have learned that the earlier I apply the night routine the better off it seems to work. end quote.

.....Do you mean if you do the evening routine an hour before or so (as suggested) you have found better results?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
This is the first time the use of toner has come up as being an important step. - at least from my recollection. Well, okay then - guess this will be on the NEXT order. After I get the one order that's on it's way. Getting to be a weekly occurrance. Laughing
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
WOW, thanks rileygirl. Now all I need is to buy the toner, I have everything else.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
sis,
I used to do my skincare right before I fell into bed but with the KH it seemed like maybe I wasn't getting the full benefits because of absorption issues. So this week I'm doing things earlier. I don't feel like any is rubbing off on my pillow.
I don't use a cleanser in the morning which was why I was thinking of the toner. I don't think it's probably necessary.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
Dang, I need the fruit acids cream also, but I can't use it with the protein serum. I really have to stop visiting this board.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
sister,I am not sure about oily skin. I did the questions they had on their site and I put my skin was normal - not oily nor dry. So, I am not sure. I agree, though, most anti-aging routines assume dry skin, and I definitely don't have that.

Blues, I have also been using the H at night, so I have to change that part.

I have used the fruit acids a few times. It says on the slip that comes with the KH products 2-3 times a week, so that is what I have been doing. I don't have any of the oil they talk about.

I am not at my regular computer, but if any of you are interested, they also sent info about "lymphatic drainage" that you do when you use the cleansing cream at night. Let me know, and if any of you are interested, I will post that tomorrow.

I also forgot to mention, for the hot towel, they say for anyone with broken caps to not use a hot towel, just warm.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
Dang, I need the fruit acids cream also, but I can't use it with the protein serum. I really have to stop visiting this board.

Cookie, let's live dangerously so tell us about the protein drops.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
sister,I am not sure about oily skin. I did the questions they had on their site and I put my skin was normal - not oily nor dry. So, I am not sure. I agree, though, most anti-aging routines assume dry skin, and I definitely don't have that.

Blues, I have also been using the H at night, so I have to change that part.

I have used the fruit acids a few times. It says on the slip that comes with the KH products 2-3 times a week, so that is what I have been doing. I don't have any of the oil they talk about.

I am not at my regular computer, but if any of you are interested, they also sent info about "lymphatic drainage" that you do when you use the cleansing cream at night. Let me know, and if any of you are interested, I will post that tomorrow.

I also forgot to mention, for the hot towel, they say for anyone with broken caps to not use a hot towel, just warm.

Riley, yes, please do post the lymphatic drainage. I remember seeing that but forgot all about it until you mentioned it again.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Blues, I haven't even tried the 302 serum yet because I really like the KH line and don't want to give it up for one night. I probably will tomorrow. I really do like the C-boost. It is very hydrating on my skin, doesn't irritate and I like the way it feels on.

Riley, please post the instructions for that lymphatic drainage, it sounds very interesting.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
Blues, I haven't even tried the 302 serum yet because I really like the KH line and don't want to give it up for one night. I probably will tomorrow. I really do like the C-boost. It is very hydrating on my skin, doesn't irritate and I like the way it feels on.

Riley, please post the instructions for that lymphatic drainage, it sounds very interesting.

That's how I'm feeling too, Cookie. I'll get the C boost though. I have to try it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I have never heard of Karin Herzog Oxygen skincare, but after reading your review I am thinking about trying a few products especially the cleansing cream and the scrub. I also have some scars on my face and I hope I will love the results as much as you do.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Ok, here is the lymph drainage info.

In the diagram above, the dots, represent the lymph drainage nodes, and the arrows show the general direction for sweeping massage movements on the face.

Lymph nodes are the special filters that toxins and waste pass through to be filtered and removed from the body. If you have a slow or sluggish circulation, you may find that these nodes, and your lymph system are not working to full potential. You should sweep the hands towards these nodes. When you get to the area indicated by the dots: Apply slight pressure with the finger ( I use the middle finger it is stronger ), and leave this pressure on the node for about 5 seconds. If at first this feels a little tender, it can be because you have some blockages in the system, that massage will clear. The more you practise this routine, the less tender it should become.

Massage on a regular basis, can show wonderful dividends: It helps to unblock and trapped toxins in the lymph system, helps speed up the evacuation of toxins, and brings fresh blood and nutrients to feed the skin from within. In addition, if practised regularly, it can help with facial muscle tone, which is good to give a firm glowing complexion. When you combine massage with Herzog’s wonderful products, the results are even more significant. If you a really serious about your skin: Don’t neglect the massage element. Even if it is only short, you will still benefit.

After Massage, Remove the cleanser with a clean face towel, warmed quickly in the microwave. ( Do not apply the towel too hot, throw it from hand to hand until it cools to the temperature that you can tolerate on the face. Never use a very hot towel if you suffer from broken capillaries, instead leave until just warm.)
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip to apply the products well before bed time. I did that last night and it really made a noticeable difference!

Riley, great information! Thanks. I think I will try the Cleansing Cream again and remove it with a very warm microfiber cloth after wiping the majority off with the cotton pads. The toner might also make a big impact. So many things to try!

Regarding the bumpy neck skin, I put .5% Retin-A on the lower sides of my neck and waited a few hours before putting on my VK2. Today, things are already looking better and I think I'll do this a few times a week to keep things smooth.

Good to hear some info about using the Vit H and also Fruit Acids. I know that I've used facial oils happily but they've been on the shelf since I started KH. I don't think that it would be an issue, Sis, if us oily girls used it under the VK2 but the key is to only use 2 drops and no more patted onto face and neck.

Off to add the oil and toner to my cart...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 8:54 am      Reply with quote
jones10021 wrote:
I have never heard of Karin Herzog Oxygen skincare, but after reading your review I am thinking about trying a few products especially the cleansing cream and the scrub. I also have some scars on my face and I hope I will love the results as much as you do.

Jones, if you're wanting to change a scar, the cleanser and the scrub won't do it. You'll need one of the Vita Kombi's.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Riley,
That is awesome! Thanks for posting. I'm going to print that sucker out and try it tonight

Scally, glad it worked for you. I've been experimenting with the cleanser as well. The instructions say to apply to a dry face and I'd been wetting my face then applying the cleanser. I feel applying to the face dry makes a difference in how 'clean' my face feels afterwards. Anyone else do it this way?

Now for something that truly has my mind boggled. I've been applying the Vitamin H to my face, neck and chest. All of a sudden my bra feels tight and uncomfy. So for the last few days I went without the H on my chest. Today I used the H and my bra feels wierd again. I've not gained weight, I'm not ready to start. I'm at a loss about this. But I was giving directions to a client today and I lifted my arms overhead and the bra is suddenly sitting ontop of the boobs~~Is it possible that the H is plumping the skin that much??

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Blues, I think I wrote a few pages back (?) that I discovered it worked best applying the cleansing cream to a dry face for me! Laughing
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 9:20 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Blues, I think I wrote a few pages back (?) that I discovered it worked best applying the cleansing cream to a dry face for me! Laughing

Maybe that's where I got the idea... Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 9:21 am      Reply with quote
If you wet your face before applying the cleanser, it won't clean as well and makes it harder to massage it in properly after you've left it on a few seconds...leaving it on is also important before massaging it in. If your face is wet, it stays on the skin surface instead of penetrating, sort of slides around. I had a mini facial at Herzog and this is what I was told.

That H cream certainly is intriguing.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for this reminder about putting the CC on a dry face. I have done that but then added water to emulsify. Do you all do this or just work with the CC alone?

Do tell!

Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |