Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
tuningmyheart wrote:
Somewhere back in the posts there was mention of trouble with sunscreen. Being very fair I need something with a high spf whenever I even step outside. What ingredients should I avoid with this line, what products have you found to work best- I am not familiar with the one others had mentioned is it carried by EDS? And honestly with the amount of money I just plunked down- cost is certainly a factor, though something more expensive that protects my skin is better than cheaper that does not.

Hi Tuningmyheart,
Welcome to EDS. I had trouble with the NIA 24 mineral ss. It's a great sunscreen but for me it doesn't seem compatible with my Herzog. I also like NCN's Daycover http://www.ncnproskincare.com/skin-care-products/exfoliate/anti-aging-spf.html
which I've not had trouble with. I have the moisturizing version and there is an oil free one as well. I have a friend using the Devita and those I've mentioned are approximately 20.00 US. I think Riley and Scally both use Sofina. I'm sure others will pop in as well. Let us know how you do. What all did you buy?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the welcome BluesHeart.

this is what I purchased:
-cleansing milk- wanted something that sounded easier than the cream to start...
-the mild scrub
-essential mask
-Vit-A kombi 1%
-day protection- thought I might need a little moisturization after reading several posts here and I like the idea of the matte base but am disappointed in the spf- but will see. I use mmu so that helps too.

I hope to get a sample of the eye cream as I have not had much luck in this area in the past.

I sure like the idea of a simple routine, and I am sooo excited about trying this line after reading everyone's experience so far.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Re the silk cloth - I am pretty sure they are the same as these:

http://www.aveda.com/templates/products2/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY10573%26PRODUCT_ID=PROD5885

Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
I do not know if this is the same as the silk either, but I have used a face shammy before- they are very soft and seem to get softer with use- it is a treat in and of itself...
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
tuningmyheart wrote:
thanks for the welcome BluesHeart.

this is what I purchased:
-cleansing milk- wanted something that sounded easier than the cream to start...
-the mild scrub
-essential mask
-Vit-A kombi 1%
-day protection- thought I might need a little moisturization after reading several posts here and I like the idea of the matte base but am disappointed in the spf- but will see. I use mmu so that helps too.

I hope to get a sample of the eye cream as I have not had much luck in this area in the past.

I sure like the idea of a simple routine, and I am sooo excited about trying this line after reading everyone's experience so far.

That looks like a good start. You'll have to let us know what you think about that scrub. I think I only tried it once but everyone else seems to really like it. I hope this works as well for you as it has for some of us.

Lucia, great detective work. 9.00 is much more inline with what I'd like to pay and they do look very much alike. Thanks for posting the link.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
I use the cleansing cream every night. Here is what I do and it works great...

Wet fingers of left hand in warm water. Put pea size cleanser on right hand fingertips. then I rub fingtips together to emulsify and then onto the face. Not wet at all, but emulsified and spreadable. Doesn't take much. I massage in - a la the diagram (didn't know I was doing it but I was more or less) and then I use warm cloth or cotton squares to remove. Wonderful product.

And Yes I was thinking... hmmm maybe JoElla could put in an order for the silk thing we all have to have now.

I'm putting together my NEXT order - still waiting for the eye cream to arrive.... My order will be similar to Scally's. Unless something else awesome pops up.

Oh- Joella sent me a sample of something called Additional Sweet. I used it today over my VK2 - I was a tad ... dare I say dry - nah... not dry but tight. It is marvelous - a moisturizer-type for oily girls when they need it. I love it . Will try again tomorrow. It added something to the whole look - hard to describe ... but isn't that the way it's been for all of us with these wonderful products.

Let's all go to Switzerland and kiss Madame Herzog. Very Happy
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 02, 2008 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I use the cleansing cream every night. Here is what I do and it works great...

Wet fingers of left hand in warm water. Put pea size cleanser on right hand fingertips. then I rub fingtips together to emulsify and then onto the face. Not wet at all, but emulsified and spreadable. Doesn't take much. I massage in - a la the diagram (didn't know I was doing it but I was more or less) and then I use warm cloth or cotton squares to remove. Wonderful product.

And Yes I was thinking... hmmm maybe JoElla could put in an order for the silk thing we all have to have now.

I'm putting together my NEXT order - still waiting for the eye cream to arrive.... My order will be similar to Scally's. Unless something else awesome pops up.

Oh- Joella sent me a sample of something called Additional Sweet. I used it today over my VK2 - I was a tad ... dare I say dry - nah... not dry but tight. It is marvelous - a moisturizer-type for oily girls when they need it. I love it . Will try again tomorrow. It added something to the whole look - hard to describe ... but isn't that the way it's been for all of us with these wonderful products.

Let's all go to Switzerland and kiss Madame Herzog. Very Happy

I discovered last night that if I put the oft discussed pea size on my middle finger and then just gently touch my other middle finger to it, that the body heat warms the product enough to spread easily. Rolling Eyes I cannot believe we've discussed 20 pages worth of cleansing technique. Laughing I'm nearing the three month mark and I've never been happier. BUT...now I'm wondering if I'm going to run into that place that Dr. Huber discusses where things quit working. I'm having a dilemma here. The other thing is that I'm doing so well that I wonder if I should throw the fruit acids into the mix?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi,
this thread is so long, so from what I`ve managed to read I understood the first & foremost thing this line is doing - is giving you bright, beautiful, rested skin with smooth, nice & glowing texture and reduced pores.

but what is it doing to fine lines and wrinkles? - I`m especially concerned about fine lines under eyes and crow feet.
have you noticed any progress and how long you`ve been using it ?
thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
Hi,
this thread is so long, so from what I`ve managed to read I understood the first & foremost thing this line is doing - is giving you bright, beautiful, rested skin with smooth, nice & glowing texture and reduced pores.

but what is it doing to fine lines and wrinkles? - I`m especially concerned about fine lines under eyes and crow feet.
have you noticed any progress and how long you`ve been using it ?
thanks!

Aiva, as the person here whose used it the longest, I've seen some firming. I don't have lines under my eyes or crows feet so I can't comment on that. I did have two small fine lines on the left side of my face near my mouth one is gone and the other is fading and it is 1/4 to 1/2 it's size. The smile line on my right side is smaller in length and depth. I started to see some of these changes a few weeks ago but it's been slow but sure. At first I thought I was seeing things. I may be at the maximum improvement zone here but I'll have to wait and see. It's been almost three months for me using this line. I've used a lot of skincare over the years and hands down this is the best I've found for me, and that includes very expensive products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart, this sounds encouraging! please keep us updated of your progress.

and do you mind sharing what other lines have you used over the years so you find them all to be beaten with KH line?

I`m looking into some expensive lines (cellcosmet & valmont), and my biggest concern being my eyes (fine lines around them) - as they are the best part of me Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
BluesHeart, this sounds encouraging! please keep us updated of your progress.

and do you mind sharing what other lines have you used over the years so you find them all to be beaten with KH line?

I`m looking into some expensive lines (cellcosmet & valmont), and my biggest concern being my eyes (fine lines around them) - as they are the best part of me Laughing

Oh goodness That's a lot of skincare over the years. I've used primarily products *in the past* that had to be purchased at the Dr.'s office. I've not tried Cellcosmet but I have tried some Valmont. I will say that the Valmont eye was very nice and hydrating and could work quite well for the crows feet area. Bushy is the Valmont expert so I'd ask her. I have not used the Herzog eye cream but it is coming. Can't wait to get it. Maybe someone else with crows feet here in this thread will come forward and let you know how they're coming along. Good luck, Aiva.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 03, 2008 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
thank you, BluesHeart, and good luck to you too! I`ll keep an eye on this thread Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 10:06 am      Reply with quote
My eyecream just arrived so I don't have enough days/weeks under my belt to give you guidance there. I did use a Valmont sample for eyes and it was very nice. Expensive to buy.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 10:22 am      Reply with quote
I just got the 3% Body to use on the chronic eczema I have on my legs. JoElla said to use it once a day and build up to twice a day.

She sent me a sample of the Vita A Apricot which I used yesterday. Today my face is dry, maybe even a little peely. So I think it must be from the Apricot.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 10:30 am      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
I just got the 3% Body to use on the chronic eczema I have on my legs. JoElla said to use it once a day and build up to twice a day.

She sent me a sample of the Vita A Apricot which I used yesterday. Today my face is dry, maybe even a little peely. So I think it must be from the Apricot.

Darn. I thought I had the info on the amount of acid in the VAp K but now I can't find it. Anyone know?
What I do like about the Vita A is that it sinks in a little easier than the vk2.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there - I have been following this thread with interest as I am thinking about taking the plunge with KH.

I am wondering whether the products have an expiry date on them, or if they must be used within a certain length of time after opening to remain 'active'?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
myamax wrote:
Hi there - I have been following this thread with interest as I am thinking about taking the plunge with KH.

I am wondering whether the products have an expiry date on them, or if they must be used within a certain length of time after opening to remain 'active'?

The little tag that is on my products says to use within five months after opening.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
I missed that tag! Thanks Blues.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Ugh...these great results are killing me! If I don't get WOW results from 302, I am coming over here join you and KH! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, I've put together my wish list and here is what I have:

* Essential Mask
* Eye Cream
* Cleansing Cream
* Vita A Kombi 2
* Vitamin H
* Vita A kombi Facial Oil

. .. . . and this is not ALL I want Rolling Eyes . The problem is that all of this adds up to over $250 (without shipping and tax/custom fees I'll have to pay when the package arrives). With all the additional costs this could be $300+ Shock !

So, my even further reduced list for the first order would be:
* Cleansing Cream
* Vita A Kombi 2
* Eye cream

What do you think?

I'm 43, oily, acne prone + some acne scars and discolorations (with some mild wrinkling and sagging).

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
When you have an order over $200, don't forget to email her for the discount code.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 04, 2008 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
Okay, I've put together my wish list and here is what I have:

* Essential Mask
* Eye Cream
* Cleansing Cream
* Vita A Kombi 2
* Vitamin H
* Vita A kombi Facial Oil

. .. . . and this is not ALL I want Rolling Eyes . The problem is that all of this adds up to over $250 (without shipping and tax/custom fees I'll have to pay when the package arrives). With all the additional costs this could be $300+ Shock !

So, my even further reduced list for the first order would be:
* Cleansing Cream
* Vita A Kombi 2
* Eye cream

What do you think?

I'm 43, oily, acne prone + some acne scars and discolorations (with some mild wrinkling and sagging).

Rubby,
Here is my suggestion. Order the cleansing cream and eye, and ask for a sample of the Vita K 1 and the Oxy face. I think the acne prone should have the oxy around for just in case, I know it comes in handy even for me, and I know others have gone straight to the VK 2 but it's really recommended to go with the VK 1 at first. This way, you're not out a lot of money if you don't like it. The sample should last you long enough to know if you tolerate the vk 1 and need to move up. Just my 02.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 2:34 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:

Rubby,
Here is my suggestion. Order the cleansing cream and eye, and ask for a sample of the Vita K 1 and the Oxy face. I think the acne prone should have the oxy around for just in case, I know it comes in handy even for me, and I know others have gone straight to the VK 2 but it's really recommended to go with the VK 1 at first. This way, you're not out a lot of money if you don't like it. The sample should last you long enough to know if you tolerate the vk 1 and need to move up. Just my 02.

Thanks Blues, these are helpful comments.
So, I'll do this - I'll start with the Oxy Face, Eye cream and Vita A Kombi 2 + I'll ask for a sample of Vita A K 1. I think many of the ladies here started by using a sample of VK1 and then switching to VK2.
Do you think this will work?
Big thanks! R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Rubby,
My first order was the cleansing cream, essential mask and VK2 and JoElla sent samples of VK1 - that worked out good.

You can get a discount on all KH purchases over $50. Or maybe that doesn't apply to international??? Email and ask. YOu have to type SAVE in the promo box.

Welcome to KH - where we are all happy campers.

Sis
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Re: the oxygen cream - just got a few samples from JoElla -
blues: do you use this when you have a break out? Or do you use as a mask treatment? I got them for my son to use originally. But I may sneak a bit.
Sis
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |