Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Awaiting results of Scally's regimine tonight: Most interested in the effects of oil!

Didn't mention this but I'm doing an experiment with the KH eye cream. Using IT on the right eye and using brand X (kinerase) on the left. Obviously checking for a difference. Will let you know.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
I'm waiting to get feedback from Sis on the C boost. I'm hoping that lilredhead will pop in here as well to give us the scoop. Riley too ordered some but she's waiting til she hits the one month mark with the Herzog. I'm very interested with his theory on some points and maybe I'm more intrigued with the theory than the actual products. LOL. I'm including the hot washcloth over my face while I go back and forth. Definitely interested in either of his C products. My problem is that I don't see wanting to give the KH up for three months so the only option for me is to alternate days. You have the 302 drops. Tell us more.

Okay, I see the logic now. I can't imagine giving up the KH for 3 months, either, but might (very slight might) give it a thought, if things plateau. I have the 302 drops but only use them after rolling with the 1.5mm and I cannot use them consecutive days as they're too heavy/rich and cause me to breakout - I do think this is fairly common with the drops, though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
I'm waiting to get feedback from Sis on the C boost. I'm hoping that lilredhead will pop in here as well to give us the scoop. Riley too ordered some but she's waiting til she hits the one month mark with the Herzog. I'm very interested with his theory on some points and maybe I'm more intrigued with the theory than the actual products. LOL. I'm including the hot washcloth over my face while I go back and forth. Definitely interested in either of his C products. My problem is that I don't see wanting to give the KH up for three months so the only option for me is to alternate days. You have the 302 drops. Tell us more.

Okay, I see the logic now. I can't imagine giving up the KH for 3 months, either, but might (very slight might) give it a thought, if things plateau. I have the 302 drops but only use them after rolling with the 1.5mm and I cannot use them consecutive days as they're too heavy/rich and cause me to breakout - I do think this is fairly common with the drops, though.

Oh man, I don't want to go back to breaking out for anything!!!!!!
lilredhead
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone! I've had my nose in a book lately so haven't been posting as much! Anyways... I've used KH for about a month or so and have only just added the 302 drops and eye serum to this routine. I'm using 302 every other day in my nighttime routine and have backed off of the Herzog products to every other day in my nighttime routine as well. In the daytime I'm using natural oils. Just started this new protocol but haven't had any irritation yet so I'm going to continue with this and see how it goes. Rather than using 302 A boost And C boost I'll just stick with my KH routine 'cause I'm lovin it!! Laughing
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 6:19 am      Reply with quote
Yogi, maybe Boski can comment on the breakout thing in her big 302 review thread. I do know that I've used them repeatedly after rolling and if I got greedy, I'd breakout every time. I do believe in the benefits, though, so muster through it after a big roll (day after and use every other day for 7 days). Now that I'm KH, though, I will have to revisit my protocol since I think the oxygen is beneficial in laying down collagen. Maybe I'll just take it easy the first day, then go back to my KH regular routine. I used the oil again this morning but no more than 2 drops and so far, so good.

BTW, I followed the AM routine that Riley posted and tried out the Vitamin H. It definitely plumped up my skin on the chest and neck almost immediately! Not sure, yet, on the face but it does look slightly plumper. About a half an hour later, I dabbed my face with a tissue and the yellow from the H showed up. I don't think I wiped it all off but perhaps, I used too much so will go more sparingly next time.

Oh, great news on the Oxygen 3% Body! I used it last night on my shoulders because I had a breakout from detoxing that didn't seem to want to budge. Well, by morning, they were visibly diminished and I don't think it will be more than a day for it to be clear again. BTW, the lady who did my facial in the UK mentioned that they also do a back treatment to prepare for summer and strapless tops/dresses. This is what they use to clear everything up. Wonderful product and it's in a big tube so should last for a good long while (5 months for sure with the expiration thing). Also, since it's 3%, I dabbed a tiny bit on a spot that showed up this morning (teeny tiny so not worried). I figured that since the Vita Kombi 3 is used for spot treatments, it wouldn't hurt to use a bit of the Oxygen 3% Body in its place.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 6:55 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:

Yes, I don't want to give up KH either. I'm going to use the C Boost twice a week - every third day really and see what happens. No VK2 on those days. I will continue to use cleanser and the eye cream experiment.

Reading Scallys email - Vitamin H is sounding very intriguing. And I keep thinking about the roller..... Rolling Eyes What size do you have Scally - the big dog, isn't it! Don't know if I can pull that off.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 6:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks guys - have to say I am really pleased with how my skin is looking and did just have a look at pictures of KH herself! (How amazing is her skin!?). I decided to use Triple C under my V/Apricot - figure that'll help mop up any free radicals if there is an issue.

Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Sis, I use the 1.5mm on my face as well as my old one on my body (same length needles). It is the mid-size and is still quite formidable as I can't use it without a topical analgesic first (too much of a pain baby). I am keeping fingers crossed that the H won't break me out and will report back on it after a week or so.

Lucia, glad to hear you're feeling better about the free radical issue and you're right, Karin Herzog's skin is crazy beautiful! I saw her picture from when she was around 40 in one of the videos and have to say that her skin looks better now, if that's possible!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 7:24 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Sis, I use the 1.5mm on my face as well as my old one on my body (same length needles). It is the mid-size and is still quite formidable as I can't use it without a topical analgesic first (too much of a pain baby). I am keeping fingers crossed that the H won't break me out and will report back on it after a week or so.

Lucia, glad to hear you're feeling better about the free radical issue and you're right, Karin Herzog's skin is crazy beautiful! I saw her picture from when she was around 40 in one of the videos and have to say that her skin looks better now, if that's possible!

Better NOW - I'm off to find these.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Sis, does the C boost feel oily? How did it feel to apply?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 8:53 am      Reply with quote
well, I am back to report on my experience with the essential mask.

As I mentioned i really like the way this mask feels when it is on. When I rinsed it off, all I can say is- wow! My skin felt so good, refreshed with a healthy glow- just a hint of pink in the cheeks- and the tightening and wrinkles I experience around my mouth was relaxed and felt great- also the one wrinkle I have that runs across my forehead was nowhere to be seen- though the others on the sides were still there it all seemed lifted and firmer. Overall I would say this is the best mask I have ever used.
Now I am really impatient for the rest of my order.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 8:56 am      Reply with quote
tuningmyheart wrote:
well, I am back to report on my experience with the essential mask.

As I mentioned i really like the way this mask feels when it is on. When I rinsed it off, all I can say is- wow! My skin felt so good, refreshed with a healthy glow- just a hint of pink in the cheeks- and the tightening and wrinkles I experience around my mouth was relaxed and felt great- also the one wrinkle I have that runs across my forehead was nowhere to be seen- though the others on the sides were still there it all seemed lifted and firmer. Overall I would say this is the best mask I have ever used.
Now I am really impatient for the rest of my order.

Tuning, try sleeping in it one night a week. That's good to. Wait til you get the rest of your products. I bet you're going to be in LOVE. By the way, the massage is great and I've done it three times now. I find the way my face feels afterwards to be very interesting. It seems to tingle. Btw, I have one graduating this year too. Lots of work.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 9:06 am      Reply with quote
addressing the H2O2 issue- I did a bit of research before deciding to go with KH. I too was impressed with KH herself and how great her skin looks.
My chemistry days are too far behind me, but most of what I read spoke of the danger posed when H2O2 is used at higher concentrations. It is highly touted by some, especially the homeopathic groups, and criticized by others, so it is really hard to say who is right. It has been used for years by some as a topical treatment for acne and various other skin problems. My search did not come up with any cases that were as a result of using the concentrations found in KH products, but that does not mean they are not out there- I just did not find them.
Assomeone else has already said, we each are different and need to decide for ourselves what is right for us. If you really have concerns perhaps a talk with a dermatologist is in order. We certainly are not here to talk someone into something they are not comfortable with- we are here to share our experiences and the knowledge we gain along the way.

Hopefully, we will all be around in twenty years sharing our successes and failures and at this point, with my very limited experience, I hope KH products are still around too and that my skin looks as radiant as hers.
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 9:14 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Tuning, try sleeping in it one night a week. That's good to.[/quote]

I was thinking I should try that too... do you put it on as thick or a finer application that you massage into the skin?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 9:17 am      Reply with quote
tuningmyheart wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
Tuning, try sleeping in it one night a week. That's good to.

I was thinking I should try that too... do you put it on as thick or a finer application that you massage into the skin?[/quote]

I put it on like a mask and then after about 20 minutes I massage it in a little and then leave it on through the night.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Can someone direct me to the link so I can check out KH - would like to see her at 40 and now 40+ years later....

Thanks.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 9:19 am      Reply with quote
C Boost - Hmmmm. nothing special to say. consistancy is more thin than gloppy or thick. Spreads easily. Not oily - which is good for me. My skin feels moist - I did not use anything over this except for some Avanya MMU that I'm experimenting with.

Busy at work- Finals this week so I haven't had time to even take a look Laughing
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Sister-Sweets- you can go to youtube and type in Karin Herzog- the one labled part 2 has an interivew with KH and during that some photos and video from younger years- it is in French but you can pick up bits and pieces.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Got it.
TY! Very Happy
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Got it.
TY! Very Happy
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Here's the link to Karin's interview:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fd8gKz6bt5M

BTW, she explains to the interviewer that her husband, Paul, was never interested in commercializing the products and was against her idea to incorporate his discovery into cosmetics because he thought it would be futile. LOL Just look at us now. If anyone needs more translation, let me know.

If you go to 4:25 in the video, you will see Karin at some point in the 70s (my guess is early) so she's around early 40s or so (again, guessing). Notice the texture of her skin then vs. the current in the interview (see 5:26 for a great close up). Astounding!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 10:46 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Here's the link to Karin's interview:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fd8gKz6bt5M

BTW, she explains to the interviewer that her husband, Paul, was never interested in commercializing the products and was against her idea to incorporate his discovery into cosmetics because he thought it would be futile. LOL Just look at us now. If anyone needs more translation, let me know.

If you go to 4:25 in the video, you will see Karin at some point in the 70s (my guess is early) so she's around early 40s or so (again, guessing). Notice the texture of her skin then vs. the current in the interview. Astounding!

Oh. I forgot you knew French. I've been wondering what was being said. Embarassed How interesting that he was against it. He must of been quite a bit older than Karin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 10:49 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Oh. I forgot you knew French. I've been wondering what was being said. Embarassed How interesting that he was against it. He must of been quite a bit older than Karin.

It's a very intriguing interview! I do believe he was quite a bit older than her. She doesn't mention the age difference that I recall but that they were married almost 40 years. She also said that he would sing but didn't have a great voice but did have charm. Smile Must've been how he wooed her. I definitely got the impression that she is still in love with him even now. So sweet.

She considers herself in semi-retirement now and her children are running the business with her overseeing things (seen at the end).

I think she's just spectacular.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Scally, do they mention her age at the time of the interview? Her skin is beautiful and you can tell she's not had work done. She has enough aging there to know it's beautiful, natural skin. Damn. Maybe I better start bathing in this stuff.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 06, 2008 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Nope, no mention of her age at the time of the interview that I could decipher. I'll have to listen again just to make sure, though. Can't imagine it was too long ago, but I'll see what I can dig up.

I know what you mean about bathing in it! This is my HG - to look like her at an advanced age!

Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |