Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Ditto on the cleansing cream. I have oily skin and this stuff is amazing. I don't have the chocolate (next time I'll give it a try). I really love the smell of the original formula too. It's wonderful.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Here you are leeleedeedee and tuningmyheart, I broke the link cause I don't like the idea of having pics of myself permanently online. I leave it up for another day or so. Thanks to everyone so very much for your kind words, they mean a lot to me!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the pic Vonstella. Wow, you are a beauty and your skin is just amazing. If a large part of that gorgeous skin is due to KH then there has to be something right about her products. I know she has a lot of critics but it seems to me that soooooo many people who use her products have truly amaing skin.

Thank you for sharing your picture with us.
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Vonstella- it is great to see and hear what KH is doing for you!

and I have had mornings like that too- the toys in the face- I would think that KH will even be very healing for that- not the boys and their toys, but the bruising and all that comes of their love.

Thaks again...
shmily.huo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
This is the first time I hear this brand~~~~
Skincare just like a major course of our life, I need more study.
Thank you for your information
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Scalawa,
I know you've been real happy with Oxygen Body 3%. Can I ask if you have/had acne on your shoulders, upper back and chest (this is where I believe you are applying OxyBody 3%). Does this cream help get rid of them?
Many thanks, R.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 09, 2008 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
Scalawa,
I know you've been real happy with Oxygen Body 3%. Can I ask if you have/had acne on your shoulders, upper back and chest (this is where I believe you are applying OxyBody 3%). Does this cream help get rid of them?
Many thanks, R.

Hi, rubby. Yes, I am very prone to breakouts/reactions from detoxing and so if I eat something that bothers me, I will get a breakout on my shoulder or upper back.

The Oxy Body 3% does address this and I was applying 2x a day but think that's overkill so now I'm just doing once. I put the cream on and loosely apply (do not rub in as with all the oxy products). Really fabulous stuff.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 5:24 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:

Hi, rubby. Yes, I am very prone to breakouts/reactions from detoxing and so if I eat something that bothers me, I will get a breakout on my shoulder or upper back.

The Oxy Body 3% does address this and I was applying 2x a day but think that's overkill so now I'm just doing once. I put the cream on and loosely apply (do not rub in as with all the oxy products). Really fabulous stuff.

Oh great! Another thing I must have Rolling Eyes Very Happy .
But really, this is great info Scally. I am indeed adding this to my next order. Thanks!

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 6:41 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:

Oh great! Another thing I must have Rolling Eyes Very Happy .
But really, this is great info Scally. I am indeed adding this to my next order. Thanks!

You're welcome, rubby. I was really intrigued by this after the lady that did my facial mentioned it to me. They also have a body scrub but that is not currently available as it is on back order from Switzerland per JoE. Whenever that comes back, I will probably get it but first I'll see what the ingredients are.

Now, I have a bit of an update on a current issue I'm having. Remember that I am VERY prone to reactivity to ingredients. Some I know about and others, well, I just have to wait to see what happens. I had a few spots pop up after I added the Fruit Acid Cream, Vita A K Oil and Vita K Cream to my regime. So, I went into troubleshooting mode to try to figure out what was up. Thing is, I am fortunate enough, normally, to experience a problem the day after applying a product (or day of even) so I can start right away with my testing.

So, I spritzed w/toner and patted only 2 drops of oil all over my face and neck. Then, I only applied the Vita H to my jaw line and swiped upward to both use it in a place where I like to keep tight and where I could monitor the effect. I did not use the Fruit Acid Cream again as it's only meant to be used 3x a week per JoE. Will say that the day after I applied it (in the PM), my skin looked pretty raggy, which was a shock after being so nice and creamy/radiant! It did resolve quickly and I'm sure old skin was sloughed off but gently because I never got dry at all (remember I am oily, though). I continued with the VK2 on top of everything.

Okay, so I washed my face w/a microfiber cloth in the afternoon to take off the makeup and later, used the Clarisonic w/Cleansing Milk to cleanse. However, I had a smattering of breakouts and they were not the hard sebum ones we've been discussing. They were definitely "reactive-to-ingredients" breakouts that I know oh so well. I've narrowed the culprit down to one of two things: either the Vita A Oil or the Toner because I've had nothing happen on the jaw area from the Vit H or on my chest where I so liberally apply it (also very sensitive area for me).

The wonderful thing is that I used the Oxy Face Cream last night in lieu of VK2 and I swear, they are GONE this morning! I absolutely love this product - just amazing! I intend to do phase 2 of my testing and skip the toner this time. I will substitute water instead and use the same tiny amount of the oil to see what happens tonight. Of course, there is always the possibility that my Sofina SS might be a factor, as well, when combined w/the toner or oil but I'm keeping that in the back of my mind.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 7:44 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
The wonderful thing is that I used the Oxy Face Cream last night in lieu of VK2 and I swear, they are GONE this morning! I absolutely love this product - just amazing!

Agreed. Oxy Face is the bomb. I'm hoping that the Choco 2 will work in the same way.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 8:41 am      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:

The wonderful thing is that I used the Oxy Face Cream last night in lieu of VK2 and I swear, they are GONE this morning! I absolutely love this product - just amazing!

Agreed. Oxy Face is the bomb. I'm hoping that the Choco 2 will work in the same way.

I have my own little report to add. Several years ago while waxing my upper lip, I ripped off and burned a spot. I'm now prone to cold sores at that area. I told Yogi yesterday this would be the test of all tests when I noticed a red spot coming up in that spot. Well, I used the oxy face twice yesterday, when I noticed the spot and before bed. I am thrilled to tell you that my red spot is gone! I'm almost out of oxy so I'm hoping yesterdays application will hold! This is a must have for those of you considering or using KH.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Hey Girls - some good stuff here. Scally - thanks for the update and the experiments. So, let me get this straight and recap - Your thoughts regarding the fruit acids are???? ....This is a keeper but expect a bit of raggedy looks while it does it's thing?

And you are now seeing if the oil or toner may be causing the breakouts. But with the OF you can keep a handle on things? Is that about right?

I am on the fence regarding the oil and also the Vit H. Is the consensus about Vit H that it is firming things up? This would be a good thing.

Yogi - I haven't actually purchased the Oxy face yet and was thinking of the choco 2 myself. Oh so many options!
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 9:22 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

I am on the fence regarding the oil and also the Vit H. Is the consensus about Vit H that it is firming things up? This would be a good thing.

Yogi - I haven't actually purchased the Oxy face yet and was thinking of the choco 2 myself. Oh so many options!

You're right! Too many options - that's why I figured that even though I love the Oxy Face it's worth giving the Choco a try. Hope I don't regret it.

I have the same question as you about the H. Do I neeeeeed it???
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Me too- about the question concerning the H-

I thought I would start slow- just the basics you know, but the more I read the more tempted I am...My dear hubby is very supportive when he sees results so... that's when I will not feel so guilty about trying some of the other things- but i do want to start well.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 10:13 am      Reply with quote
tuningmyheart wrote:
Me too- about the question concerning the H-

I thought I would start slow- just the basics you know, but the more I read the more tempted I am...My dear hubby is very supportive when he sees results so... that's when I will not feel so guilty about trying some of the other things- but i do want to start well.

I love the H. It will be a definite repurchase for me. Love the vitamins!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 10:28 am      Reply with quote
bluesheart- can you tell us exactly what this did for you? As opposed to just the basics -also with just starting out on the vk1- should I add something else right away or get my skin used to the product line first?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 11:30 am      Reply with quote
tuningmyheart wrote:
bluesheart- can you tell us exactly what this did for you? As opposed to just the basics -also with just starting out on the vk1- should I add something else right away or get my skin used to the product line first?

Hi tuning,
No, I wouldn't buy all the additionals until you've purchased the basics and know the line works for you. I can't remember how you described your skin but I would get either the Oxy face and/or VKombi 1. one cleanser, and maybe the Essential mask. Ask for a few samples, maybe Oxy face samples, VK2 samples, ect. If you use a scrub then ask for a sample of it. Wait a month and see what works for you and what other issues you wish to address. I tend to be more cautious than some so I started slow and have made decisions from there.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 11:48 am      Reply with quote
thanks Bluesheart- that is kind of what I was thinking- I ordered the cleanser, VKombi1, and the day protection. I already have the scrub and the mask and absolutely love them.

and happy mother's day- if I remember right we both have graduates this year...
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
tuningmyheart wrote:
thanks Bluesheart- that is kind of what I was thinking- I ordered the cleanser, VKombi1, and the day protection. I already have the scrub and the mask and absolutely love them.

and happy mother's day- if I remember right we both have graduates this year...

The same to you, Tuning.And yes, one more down.He is fondly referred to as EFG, Evil Fing Genius. Smile Next purchase, make sure you ask for a sample of the Oxy face. I believe the Vitamin H is firming. I'm seeing some tighteninteg, for sure in the chest. Like I said, I'm more cautious, and I like to give a product a chance before I start singing it's praises or failures. But something is firming my face, is it the three months of using the line or the additional oomph from the H? I find the H wonderful and like I said. Love the vitamin concept. Let's wait and see, shall we?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2008 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for this poster, I really got a lots of good point.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 8:16 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hey Girls - some good stuff here. Scally - thanks for the update and the experiments. So, let me get this straight and recap - Your thoughts regarding the fruit acids are???? ....This is a keeper but expect a bit of raggedy looks while it does it's thing?

And you are now seeing if the oil or toner may be causing the breakouts. But with the OF you can keep a handle on things? Is that about right?

Sis, yes, the fruit acids work for me but they do result in a rather raggedy look to my skin the following morning. This is resolved by the next day, though. I do believe that it does exfoliate well due to the ragged experience but I did not experience any strange dryness as I would have using a straight acid, for example. I will use this 1-2x/week.

I believe that the Vita K Oil is what is breaking me out and I think it is due to the jojoba esters since jojoba has been a problem for me before. I had hoped it would not this time due to the esters factor but my skin said a resounding, "No". So, I will only use it under my eyes and on the neck now.

Regarding the Vita H, it does plump it up! I use it on my neck and chest all over and it's quite lovely. I'm only testing on my face right now and will report back how I get on with it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 11, 2008 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Scally - Thanks for your input. I'm going for the FA and the H. and the tonic.
Sis
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
They also have a body scrub but that is not currently available as it is on back order from Switzerland per JoE. Whenever that comes back, I will probably get it but first I'll see what the ingredients are.

EDS has the body scrub in stock now

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/karin-herzog-shower-body-p_9149.htm
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
The mailwoman just delivered my order from JoElla- can hardly wait to give it a try tonight! I have the cleansing milk, vitaK1 and the day protection. JoElla sent samples of the night cream called Additional Sweet- I will see how it goes without it, if I am dry I can add that to my routine.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 12, 2008 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Sis, you're welcome. Jom, thanks for letting me know.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |