Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 10:20 am      Reply with quote
I know. At one time, her prices were much higher. Much. Sis emailed her and told her that a lot of KH users were watching her ebay store but the prices were too high. She lowered her prices the next day and offered free shipping. I went ahead and purchased the eye cream, paid immediately with Paypal, and nothing for 13 days. I emailed her and asked about it and was told her shipment had been delayed due to a wait for Tonus. As I understand it, it is against ebay policy to sell a product not in your immediate possession. She stated she expected the product on Monday, this was Saturday, so I waited til Monday and emailed her again to be told the product had been sent to me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 10:23 am      Reply with quote
you are right about the ebay policy- will have to reconsider my recommendation, thanks for sharing your experience.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Lucia wrote:
I've been using the Vita A Apricot which is 2% all over my eye area ( Shock ) Initially it was accidental as I had a face cream that I used all over originally so I applied to oil underneath initially to buffer the VKA a bit then applied it on auto pilot!. Was a bit worried but it seemed fine and I've not had any issues. My eyes aren't sensitive but are prone to dehydration and circles - not had any issues with it being too strong/drying my skin out or anything, in fact my eye tissue looks more hydrated for longer and my circles have decreased! A lucky mistake (NB I only apply to my eyes once a day in the evening - I am using the trial of the P8N8 eye cream and Complex 1 in the daytime).

A lucky mistake, indeed Razz Wow, it seems like the effect is exactly what I'm looking for, Lucia. When I get it, I'm gonna experiment with using it on the Vit-A-Apricot Cream under and around the eyes Bad Grin

Yes and I'm not using the oil underneath now either and its still working great!!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
mpstat wrote:
If one tries to use VK2 on lower lids try to apply some sort of moisturizer first, and then VK2. Lower lids skin is thinner compared to upper lids, it was a little drying for me.

I haven't ordered the eye cream yet, but it is on my list. Actually, now I'm waiting for the verdict (if we ever get one) on which one is better - KH eye cream or 302 eye cream/serum.

In a mean time, do you think Vit.H would work under VK2?...

I do not have Vit H, but based on its great reviews would think that it would be a good combination. VK2 should magnify Vit H benefits, in addition to its own. I might get Vit H in the future.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Rubby, the Vitamin H is a companion to the Kombis. I use mine under my Kombi2 and did try it on top but I much, much prefer it under. Once or twice a week i don't use the kombi and only use the kombi oil and/or H.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
wonderful reviews! If I did not have so many stockup stuffs at home, I will try it right now. And I will definitely try it in the future!
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
SL,
Which KH facial are you wanting to try that begins at 125.00? For those of you in So Cal, JoE told Yogi she does KH facials and I thought the price was quite good.

BluesHeart - Of the eight different facials I can choose from, there are three that appeal to me the most and each one happens to be $125.00 each. Here is a description of the three from the pamphlet I was given.

"The Smoothie" Treatment - 90 minutes
This treatment is the key to maintaining a healthy, glowing complexion. The Smoothie delivers an instant "face lift" and produces immediate radiance. A deep infusion of Oxygen and Vitamins A & E instantly smooth out fine lines and wrinkles, toning facial muscles and deeply nourishing the skin for visible results after just one treatment. For men and women of all ages, especially over 35.

The Chocolate Treatment - 90 minutes
A skin balancing treatment meant to fight hormonal imbalances in the skin often caused by menstruation, pregnancy and menopause. This treatment contains nutrients and elements such as iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium and Vitamins A, B1, C, D & E. All of this combined with the Karin Herzog Oxygen Technology promotes cell renewal therefore visibly reducing the signs of aging. For women of all ages, especially over 35.

Purifying Treatment - 90 minutes
This deep cleansing treatment removes all impurities trapped beneath the skin. Gentle exfoliation and an oxygen infused mask, soaked in a chamomile solution, will brighten your complexion and leave your skin feeling refreshed. This treatment will calm and soothe your skin while restoring hydration. For men and women of all ages and skin types.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Lucia wrote:
I've been using the Vita A Apricot which is 2% all over my eye area ( Shock ) Initially it was accidental as I had a face cream that I used all over originally so I applied to oil underneath initially to buffer the VKA a bit then applied it on auto pilot!. Was a bit worried but it seemed fine and I've not had any issues. My eyes aren't sensitive but are prone to dehydration and circles - not had any issues with it being too strong/drying my skin out or anything, in fact my eye tissue looks more hydrated for longer and my circles have decreased! A lucky mistake (NB I only apply to my eyes once a day in the evening - I am using the trial of the P8N8 eye cream and Complex 1 in the daytime).

A lucky mistake, indeed Razz Wow, it seems like the effect is exactly what I'm looking for, Lucia. When I get it, I'm gonna experiment with using it on the Vit-A-Apricot Cream under and around the eyes Bad Grin

Just wanted to share that I accidentally did the exact same thing with the Vita-A-Apricot when I first began to use it and BOY, did I have an unpleasant experience! My eyes began to burn and tear like I'd been cutting onions!!! And it wouldn't stop so I was forced to rinse the eye area to dissipate the effect (which worked fine!). The Vita-A-Apricot has Citric Acid, Tartric Acid, and Glycolic Acid in it, so maybe this is why I reacted.

I was pretty careful about using the Vita-A-Apricot near the under eye area from that point forward. Of course I did experiment with the VK1 under my eyes (and on my eyelids), and didn't have a negative effect at all! In fact I liked it a lot!

Though it is super tempting to skip the eye cream entirely and use VK1 or VK2 or Vita-A-Apricot instead, the eye cream does have some really nice ingredients in it, and it does work well at brightening the area and reducing any puffiness.

Ingredients: Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Sesamum Indicum, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogen Peroxide, Rosa Centifolia, Retinol, Parfume, Hypericum Perforatum, Chamomilla Recutita, Vitamin D3.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Also wanted to add that the cheapest place I've found the Eye Cream iswww.eskinstore.com . They recently upped the price from $37.00 to $40.00, which was a bit disappointing, but this is still cheaper than anywhere else.

If you sign up for the eskinstore newsletter, they will send you a 10% off coupon towards your first order. This means the Eye Cream is only $36.00, which isn't that bad at all! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 17, 2008 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Little trivia tidbit - the Eye Cream can be used to treat sore of cracked nipples after pregancy (and I assume while you're breast feeding). The oxygen in the cream promotes quick healing and also kills bacteria on the skins surface.

As Vonstella reported - it is also excellent as a lip treatment, making this cream very multi-purpose!
www.shop.karinherzog.co.uk/pdf/A5-Eye-Cream.pdf

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Yes I would be cautious too - like I said my eyes aren't sensitive so I was ok an I did use the oil underneath but I imagine if you have sensitive skin/eyes it wouldn't be a good thing at all. I did ask KH UK about this and they said it may be as I have been using a lower % eye cream (P8N8)my skin has acclimatised to the H2O2 - the healthier your skin is the more it will tolerate the increase in % etc. Which is why they recommend starting with VK1 initially. This would seem to play out on my hands (I have been using the silouhette cream on my hands as its 4%)when I started it stung on dry areas and any grzes/cuts (I have horses so my hands get a bit battered with all the outdoor work!) now the skin on my hands is much healthier it doesn't sting at all. I guess that would work on the face too?

Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 5:52 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
Quick question (as my KH goodies are on their way to me Dancing ):
* I am a Retin-A user (have been for the last 3 years). Do I have to stop using Retin-A few days before I start with KH?? I always take a break from Retin-A in the summer (I am completely freaked-out by the photo-sensitivity it causes), but am now wondering if I should stop using it now, so I have a good week of no Retin-A by the time I get my KH stuff.
Please let me know!
Big Thx!

Any comments/suggestions re this?
Thx! R.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Interesting review on the body line..

http://style.uk.msn.com/fashionandbeauty/bebeautiful/article.aspx?cp-documentid=7673976
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 7:41 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
rubby wrote:
* I am a Retin-A user (have been for the last 3 years). Do I have to stop using Retin-A few days before I start with KH?? I always take a break from Retin-A in the summer (I am completely freaked-out by the photo-sensitivity it causes), but am now wondering if I should stop using it now, so I have a good week of no Retin-A by the time I get my KH stuff.
Please let me know!
Big Thx!

Thx! R.

Hi rubby Very Happy - I use retin-a 0.5% a couple times a week in the evenings. On the evenings when I use retin-a I do not apply KH. I apply KH in the mornings of these days. Did not have any problems. I just do not combine immediate application of retin-a and KH, and apply them separately.

I can imagine that it if one applies KH on top of retin-a the reaction will be similar to my experience of KH on top od vit. C. Not that is not possible to do, but I think the amount of retin-a needed should be minuscule, and a patch test would be a preferred route. I have not tries it.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 10:36 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
rubby wrote:
rubby wrote:
Please let me know!
Big Thx!

Thx! R.

Hi rubby Very Happy - I use retin-a 0.5% a couple times a week in the evenings. On the evenings when I use retin-a I do not apply KH. I apply KH in the mornings of these days. Did not have any problems. I just do not combine immediate application of retin-a and KH, and apply them separately.

I can imagine that it if one applies KH on top of retin-a the reaction will be similar to my experience of KH on top od vit. C. Not that is not possible to do, but I think the amount of retin-a needed should be minuscule, and a patch test would be a preferred route. I have not tries it.

Thanks Mpstat! My Retin-A is only 0.05% so I should probably be OK using it couple of nights a week for the next 6 weeks. I always take a break from R-A during the summer, so then I'll be able to use and test KH exclusively.
Thx. again Wink

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I've been using the eye cream for several days now and it's surprising how little you need. I don't know if I'm actually using a grain of rice sized amount but I'm trying. My primary reason for the product was circles and I seem to have circles that respond fairly quickly to certain eye creams and this cream seems to be lightening the area. I can't respond to anything else yet but I'm choosing to not use the VK2 on my eyes, or above my cheekbones. My personal feeling is that I'd prefer a smaller amount of Oxy. I would be thrilled if the KH eye would do what the True Radiance did for my eye area. My fingers are crossed.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, everyone for the input. As my eye area is my primary concern. I will get the KH eye cream but I will also experiment with the higher O2 under the eyes and on crow's feet to see if I can tolerate it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the full line of products for about a week now. I can't say that my facial skin is dramatically changed--mostly clearer pores on my nose. However, I will note that my skin was in very good shape prior to changing product lines (particularly for my age), so I didn't expect to see rapid and/or dramatic changes. Now, my hands are a different story....They show my age and then some. I have been using the hand cream and 3% body on my hands and notice significant improvement in the texture and fine wrinkling that had developed. The skin on the back of my hands is also looking plumper and firmer. I wish I would have taken before and after pics. I am looking forward to seeing further improvement over the next few weeks. I love the fact that I no longer have to slather thick and messy cream on my hands throughout the day!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
That's great about your hands and nose pores, Cuddles. I don't have the body products yet but I'm looking forward to getting them. One week isn't very long so it will be interesting to see what happens at the four weeks mark. Make sure and let us know, ok?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Blues. I will definitely keep you posted. I didn't expect overnight miracles, but the subtle changes are pointing in the right direction. I am particularly happy about my hands. I have tried everything to soften them and this is the first product line that is helping to erase the years. (My face has always looked about 10 years younger than my age, but my hands give my away!) I forgot to mention that my lips are looking much better, too! I use the kombi oil followed by the eye creme 2x per day.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have just started a trial with the kombi 2 on my forearms and hands this past week. I have some scars from my puppies and am hoping the KH will help with that.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 18, 2008 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I hope you do well, Riley!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Cuddles wrote:

Now, my hands are a different story....They show my age and then some. I have been using the hand cream and 3% body on my hands and notice significant improvement in the texture and fine wrinkling that had developed.
I love the fact that I no longer have to slather thick and messy cream on my hands throughout the day!

Cuddles, good to hear things are going well for you. I am particularly interested in the improvements you are seeing on your hands. I've noticed recently that my hands look very dry and old (in spite of all the hand creams and lotions I use).
Can you tell us about your hand-care routine? I understand that you use both the hand cream and the 3% body cream, but in what order, how often, etc.
I look forward to hearing about your experience.

Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 6:44 am      Reply with quote
I keep hearing invitations to join in on this thread, but it's intimidating! It's so long! Do I have to read the whole thing, or can I just jump in with questions/comments whenever? This is not with the intent to pick arguments or anything like that.
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 19, 2008 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Nimue, I may be speaking out of turn here, being fairly new to EDS, but I would say fire away with your questions, I think we all here like to talk about what we are experiencing with Kh and I for one have not tired of sharing it with others- I mean with a household full of guys, it is great to have ladies to talk with about skin care who actually give a rip. Laughing

Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |