Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:46 am      Reply with quote
I am beginning my sixth week using the Karin Herzog Oxygen skincare line and I couldn't be happier. I was shopping for a new skin regime and had been following the Osmosis thread. I went to JoElla Milan's website and ended up deciding against Osmosis and choosing the Herzog line instead. I wanted something tried and true and nothing chock full of actives that the jury is still out on. This filled the bill.
About me, I am over 40 and have been blessed with good genetics . However, several years ago I was involved in an accident that required two surgeries and that combined with some medicine I was taking had created some skin changes I wasn't happy with. I can honestly say that I'm beginning to see MY skin once more and I am thrilled. Out of curiosity, I picked up a tube of the Oxygen cream on ebay tried it, liked what I saw and decided to purchase other items to try. The oxygen cream is recommended for teenagers, acne prone skin, and pregnant women as it does not contain the vitamin a.

My current regime:
PM: Herzog Professional Cleansing Cream. This has a consistency of a heavy oil, almost vaseline like except that it does emulsify with water. It smells devine. For those of you who enjoy OCM, you might like this. Note that this is not recommended for the acne prone or younger people.

Vita Kombi Oil. This is a light apricot oil with the added Vitamin A. I apply this after cleansing and before the Vita Kombi cream.

Vita Kombi 2. The Vita Kombi creams, there are 1%, 2% and 3%, are the stars of the line. The percentages are in regard to the amount of oxygen in each formulation. It is recommended that you begin with the 1%, which I did and after a week I moved up to the 2%. I've been using the 2 now for almost three weeks and have now integrated the Vita Kombi into my day regime. The second week of the VK2 I had some slight dryness which they tell you can happen, I just put a moisturizer on top and normalized rather quickly.

Essential Mask. I use this once a week. Nice. They recommend using it before a big date or event. I will buy it again.

Mild Scrub. I'm iffy on this one. I'm not a huge fan of facial scrubs and if I do I much prefer the NIA 24. This one is recommended as a definite for acne/congested skin.

Results: The first two weeks I used only the oxygen cream. I have NEVER had acne problems. I've had six pimples in my life so I was very surprised to get some little bumps near my mouth and chin. They never came to a head but when I extracted them out came what appeared to be old sebum. This has happened occasionally and I assume it's old stuff being moved to the surface. More interesting, I had fallen and opened a spot underneath my lower lip. It had a bump underneath it that was sore and it was also very apparent once the cut healed. I thought I would have to go to a Dr for it but after a week of oxygen cream use, it disappeared. That was when I KNEW I had to try the rest of the line. I had two, what I think were sun spots, on my left cheekbone, those two have disappeared. My skin has this healthy glow and everyone tells me how clear and even my skin looks. I am very happy and I appreciate that this line isn't tested on animals and the bulk of it doesn't contain preservatives.
I have more wants from this line and I will let you know what I think as I try and incorporate more into my routine.

I have included a link to the UK site *I am in the States* because it offers a vast amount of information and recommendations for skin. Also, JoElla Milan, was once a rep for this line and knows it very, very well if some of you would wish to look at her site. You must register and login however. Additionally, I would recommend reading the history of Paul and Karin Herzog. The UK site also explains why the use of Oxygen is no unhealthy to your skin.

I have sent samples of these products to three friends from EDS. I think I might be a Herzog pusher. LOL

http://www.shop.karinherzog.co.uk/

https://0194180.netsolstores.com/login.asp

The above post is a review of the following products available at EDS:
Karin Herzog Professional Cleansing (50 ml / 1.7 oz)
Karin Herzog Professional Cleansing (50 ml / 1.7 oz)

This creamy-textured gel gently removes eye and face makeup and cleanses the skin deepdown. Formulated with different botanical and mineral oils, it eliminates impurities and makeup (suitable for all types of makeup, including waterproof) without causing irritation of the skin. Ideal for preparing the skin for an active oxygen treatment.

Karin Herzog Vita-A-Kombi Facial Oil (15 ml / 0.52 oz)
Karin Herzog Vita-A-Kombi Facial Oil (15 ml / 0.52 oz)

For your skin to produce its very own collagen, and so provide optimum results on fine lines and wrinkles, it needs many basic raw materials. Importantly it needs energy to stimulate the entire process, which it gets from our Oxygen products, But additionally it needs lashings of vitamins, especially vitamin A.

Karin Herzog Vita-A-Kombi 2% (50 ml / 1.7 oz)
Karin Herzog Vita-A-Kombi 2% (50 ml / 1.7 oz)

This Vita-A-Kombi cream has anti-wrinkle properties, with the bonus of 2% oxygen to provide a solution to problem skin.

Karin Herzog Essential Mask (50 ml / 1.7 oz)
Karin Herzog Essential Mask (50 ml / 1.7 oz)

A quick-fix beauty facial treatment, 2% oxygen combined with Vitamin A and trace elements gives a ‘radiance boost’ that tones and refreshes stressed skin, redefines facial contours and combats skin problems. Contains beautiful essential oils of grapefruit, orange and tangerine.

Karin Herzog Mild Scrub (50 ml / 1.7 oz)
Karin Herzog Mild Scrub (50 ml / 1.7 oz)

Mild Scrub refines and polishes, containing fine white marble particles that act to cleanse, smooth and polish residual dead cells off the surface of the skin, this scrub is so effective it will release trapped impurities lying beneath the surface of the skin causing blockages and removing whiteheads caused by using over rich products.

havana8

Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I was another lucky recipient of samples from Blues and like Yogi, no irritation or breakouts from the Oxygen Cream. Although I do not suffer from acne and rarely breakout, I had a two small bumps that I could feel under the skin that refused to make an appearance but which I kept poking at in an effort to get them to show up or leave. Despite having them for weeks, they quietly disappeared after 2 uses of the Oxygen Cream. It's funny, the ingredient listing doesn't look like much to me, but apparently it's the oxygen that makes it active and effective.

Oxygen Cream
Ingredients: Water, Pharmaceutical Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbatum 20, Hydrogen Peroxide (2%).

I asked JoElla a while ago about using the Vita A Kombi with other retin products as I was using O's Renew at the time and she said, "Anything that goes under the oxygen is pushed further into the skin. Surprisingly, Vita A Kombi works well over Retin A. It hydrates the skin so it does not peel a lot." So if you are okay with retin products in general, you might be okay, but if you are sensitive to retin products like Blues, it's probably better to skip it.

She also said that if you were going to use the KH products in combination with products from other lines, that the only thing is to watch out for is if something is really active. Because the oxygen is considered active also, those products would need to to go on together. For example, if you were using a C product, the Vita A Kombi or Oxygen product would go over the C. Oh, and do not use them over some strong acid type product as Blues mentioned.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Hey ladies and BluesHeart, I've been using some of the products for just over a week now - I know it's not very long but I can tell almost immediately (within two days), if a product's going to cause problems.

To test, I started out only using the Essential Mask on the trip out to the UK. First, I washed with the Cleansing Milk mixed w/a bit of the Scrub. I left the Essential Mask on the whole flight then rinsed it off about a hour prior to landing. Then, I applied Vita Kombi 2 and the eye cream. No problems with that and it definitely made a difference in how I looked upon arrival.

During this last week, I've only used the Vita Kombi 2 over spritzed face (only AM) and the eye cream (AM & PM). What I experienced is exactly like BluesHeart and others described with weird, hard breakouts (?) that popped up here and there. They easily resolved with my Zit Buster Serum BUT the real difference happened when I started using the Cleansing Milk/Scrub in the AM (just added it yesterday so did this twice so far). Now, I'm having no breakouts at all and things are looking really good.

My pores are shrinking! It's starting nearest my nose and working outward. My pores are also staying clear and uncongested!

One interesting note is that I've been indulgent while here (partying) and my skin doesn't look worse for wear like it would normally. Not that this is a recommendation to party it up but I think it's good to know that the products combat toxic elements (environment would be affected, too) so it's a positive thing, IMO.

I am slowly adding products in to see how my skin reacts and have the Chocolate Cream but have not used it yet - will report later on that. In regard to oily skin, I have it in spades but it's being controlled very well with Karin Herzog and I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary - still using my Sofina Nuance Up SS and MMU. Only one application of powder a day is all I need and an occasional check in the mirror w/maybe a minor blot. Good for me!

Since I'm in the UK, my friend and I are going to visit a local spa that provides Karin Herzog facials since they're not available in the US. Smile I'll let you all know how it goes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Ok Ladies here is my early "review" and thoughts on the products Im using. For reference Im 26 (27 in August), Im a smoker and have a ton of post acne marks (although im not currently breaking out) and Im super oily.

First off, am I the only one who is a little freaked out by how fast results are with this line. Not that Im complaining but usually we wait 2-3 months to see results from any product and here I am on my 4th day with fantastic results! Im using the Oxygen Face, Scrub, and Fruit Acids. Ive been applying the FA (waiting 10 mins)then the OF, both in the AM and PM. Ive added the scrub once a day. Not only are my acne scars faded (already using less cover up the second day) but my pores (all over) are so tight. They have shrunk at least 50%, its so strange I keep checking my skin in different light to make sure! I also got greedy and patted some OF all around my eyes and on my lids, within 20 mins all the signs of sleep depravation (not to mention fine lines) were gone. Cannot wait for my next package with even more goodies to get here! Im going to add my Vit C back in today and see how that goes.

Ive used the OF to also heal a cut, 2 small patches of excema and a irritation rash on my girl parts. All with total success!

If I hadnt had several people tell my I looked refreshed and my skin looked really, really nice I might be inclined to think this was all in my head. I really hope the results keep up as I am very impressed thus far.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
havana8

Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Since the Vita-A Apricot combines 2% oxygen with glycolic acid, you may want to consider alternating the Vita-A Apricot with your Glymed glycolic product. I am only guessing but would expect that using glycolics twice a day may be a bit much for the skin particularly in its more active combination with the oxygen.

Vita-A Apricot
Ingredients: Aqua, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Hydrogen Peroxide, Apricot Kernel Oil PEG-6 Esters, Prunus Armenaica, Citrus Nobilis (Essential Oil of Mandarin Orange), Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid, Glycolic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinol, Parfum.
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie, the girl at the spa uses a glycolic and than tops it off with the Vita-A-Apricot. She said the percentage of glycolic in the Apricot cream is very small. What I have been told is that the oxygen cream pushes the actives into the skin.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie! I just remembered. What you're describing can happen from the skin adjusting to the oxygen. Try putting a moisturizer on top. See what happens.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thought I would post my reply in case there are any other people out there just starting this line and not seeing instant results or feeling any sensation. This is from JoElla's responce to me about no change yet and no sensation applying the creams:

"You will not always feel tingling. It kills the bacteria, so people with this problem will feel it more. When I do a facial and someone says their face is tingling in a certain area. I know something is going on with their skin in that place. Maybe over processing, pimple, over scrubbing, etc. The oxygen heals the skin. That is why the tingling. After about 3 weeks, it will be other people that notice your skin. I had people coming up to me and asking what I was doing to my skin. I did not notice a difference personally. After so many compliments, I realized my skin was changing. Then I started using the AHA Cream to soften my fine lines and wrinkles. I would get up every morning and look at my skin in the mirror. It was changing before my eye."

This was great to read from JoElla, and I hope it helps somebody else, as it did me!
havana8

Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Looks like all of these have the A, E, citric acid, tartaric acid and glycolic acid. hmm

Vita-A-Kombi Fruit Acids Cream
This sensational Cream is a combination of oxygen, Vitamin A, and alpha hydroxy acids, for highly active results. Can be used once a day on all skin types. Just apply a thin layer over face, avoiding eye area, and wait 5 minutes before applying another product or your make-up.
Ingredients: Water, Pharmaceutical Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbatum 20, Hydrogen Peroxide (1%), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid, Glycolic Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Fragrance.

http://www.karinherzog-jmilan.com/Vita-A-Kombi-Fruit-Acids_p_26-151.html

Blurb from JoE's: This is two products in one jar for those that want a fast and effective product for the skin. Contains 1% oxygen and our AHA Cream mixed together to bring you the results you are looking for. Use morning and evening. Oxygenate and Regenerate. Containing 1% oxygen this dual action cream brings together all the benefits of Vita-A-Kombi 1 with our Fruit Acids cream and so will exfoliate and oxygenate the skin in one formula. Recommended for those who would normally select Vita-A-Kombi 1 as their preferred Oxygen cream from the range, but like all Karin Herzog products, suitable for all skins. This unique formula promotes genuinely new looking skin, optimizing the appearance by allowing freshly Oxygenated skin to shine through by removing the dull surface layer of dead cells. A Facial Peel in a Tube!

AHA Fruit Acids Cream
Excellent to help reduce the appearance of fine lines. When used in conjunction with any of the Vita-A-Kombi creams, the effectiveness of the Vita-A-Kombi creams is enhanced.
Ingredients: Water, Pharmaceutical Mineral Oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbatum 20, Hypericum Perforatum (St. John's Wart), Citrus Nobilis (Essential Oil of Mandarin Orange), Citrus Dulcis (Essential Oil of Orange), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Citrus Acid, Tartaric Acid, Glycolic Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

http://www.karinherzog-jmilan.com/Cream-AHA-Fruit-Acid_p_34-31.html

Blurb from JoE's: A cream with natural fruit alpha hydroxy acids and vitamins E and A. When used in combination with the Vita A Kombi creams, results may appear more rapidly, Recommended to use once a day under the Vita A Kombi Creams. Also good for acneic skin. It evens the skin tone. Gentle but very effective without drying the skin. You will notice the fine lines slowly disappear. Your skin tone will be much more even and sof

Vita-A-Apricot
Thanks to its combination of oxygen and neutral vitamin A, this special cream delivers the raw ingredients to the epidermis for an even toned complexion, smaller-looking pores and a generally more attractive appearance. Apricot oil softens and nourishes tired and devitalized skin. Boasting 2% oxygen, Vita-A-Apricot brings comfort to the skin as it purifies and tones. The fragrance is delicious, and the light texture blends beautifully.
Ingredients: Water, Pharmaceutical Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 20, Hydrogen Peroxide (2%), Apricot Kernel Oil PEG-G esters, Prunis Armenaica, Citrus Nobilis (Essential Oil of Mandarin Orange), Citric Acid, Tartaric Acid, Glycolic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinol (Vitamin A), Fragrance.

http://www.karinherzog-jmilan.com/Vita-A-Apricot-Cream_p_34-150.html

Blurb from JoE's: Contains Lactic, Citric and Glycolic Acid. 2% oxygen. You will notice immediate results in the tone of the skin and a more even skin tone. Use morning and or night. Cutting edge anti-wrinkle creams, Vita-A-Apricot provides dry skin with unparalleled comfort and softness thanks to apricot oil which is rich in PP. The new Karin Herzog anti-wrinkles cream – evolution of the cosmetic researches – combines oxygen and neutral vitamin A to the marvellous apricot oil. The reputation of the “Vita-A-Kombi” creams is well known : world wide patented, it brings, thanks to its combination of oxygen and neutral vitamin A, the raw materials to the epidermis for a impression of more even toned complexion, of more closed pores and of a generally more attractive appearance. Apricot oil is a beauty oil for the skin, softening and nourishing the more tired and devitalised skins. Beautifully smoothening, the apricot oil also contains neutral vitamin A, B, E, C and PP vitamins, sugar and lipids. Combined to the “Vita-A-Kombi” cream with 2% of oxygen, “Vita-A-Apricot” brings a lovely comfort to the skin as it purifies and tones it. The “Vita-A-Apricot” fragrance is really delicious and its light texture blends like a second skin. You will be addicted to this incredible cream!
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Riley,

Do you see it sitting on your skin? I think I read that if you see product on your skin after a couple of minutes, you may be using too much.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to post this, as I got a few "tips" from the UK KH site. Here is what they recommend for an anti-aging regimen:

EVENING ROUTINE: ( It is always advisable to do the evening routine at least 1 hour before retiring to bed.)

1) Professional Cleansing Cream: Massage thoroughly and remove with hot towel
2) Tonic Lotion: Decant into spray bottle and spritz all over face, or apply with cotton wool.
Blot Face dry with tissue
3) Fruit Acid Cream:( 3 times per week). Massage into the skin thoroughly. Oxygen FREE item.
4) Vita-A-Kombi Facial Oil: 2 drops is usually enough to cover the face…remember the neck!!! DO NOT REMOVE
5) Vita-A-Kombi 2: take out a pea size amount of cream, with the spatula provided. Dab the cream from the spatula in dots on cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. Remove excess cream off spatula with ring finger, and then join the dots up, spreading the cream all over the face. DO NOT RUB IN. apply small amount of cream to neck, and spread in the same way.
6) Eye Cream: Take out a small amount of cream ( about the size of a grain of rice ) for each eye. Spread the eye cream ALL OVER THE EYE AREA…INCLUDING THE EYE LID. As with Vita-A-Kombi, Leave to penetrate.

TISSUE ANY REMAINING CREAM OFF THE EYE BROWS--OXYGENATION OVER A PROLONGED PERIOD HAS THE POWER TO LIGHTEN HUMAN HAIR IF LEFT ON THE BROWS INDEFINATELY. TISSUING OFF CREAM FROM THE BROWS PREVENTS THIS GRADULAL LIGHTENING….THE BIG BONUS IS< HOWEVER< THAT THESE PRODUCTS NATURALLY-SAFELY, AND WITHOUT THE RISK OF IRRITATION, LIGHTEN FINE DOWNEY FACIAL HAIR,OFTEN FOUND AROUND THE MOUTH AREA.

7) Additional Night Cream: Massage a small amount of cream into the skin, until disappeared.

MORNING ROUTINE ( Very quick, very simple! )

1) Splash the face with hot & Cold Water. No need to use Cleanser
2) Spritz or wipe the face over with Tonic Lotion. Blot dry with towel or tissue
3) Apply a small amount of Vitamin H cream, and massage totally into the skin.
4) Apply a tiny amount of Vita-A-Kombi Facial oil, and massage into skin. Do Not Remove.
5) Vita-A-Kombi 2: take out a pea size amount of cream, with the spatula provided. Dab the cream from the spatula in dots on cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. Remove excess cream
off spatula with ring finger, and then join the dots up, spreading the cream all over the
face. DO NOT RUB IN. apply small amount of cream to neck, and spread in the same way.
6) Eye Cream: Take out a small amount of cream ( about the size of a grain of rice ) for each eye. Spread the eye cream ALL OVER THE EYE AREA…INCLUDING THE EYE LID. As with Vita-A-Kombi, Leave to penetrate.
7) Total Day Protection. Massage into the tissues to provide a dry matt protective layer. Perfect for good make-up application.

NOTE: If you want to achieve a healthy glow to the skin and your make-up look for the day, apply a tiny amount of facial oil underneath the Vita-A-Kombi, as you do at night. This will give the skin that dewy look that is very popular, and will also benefit the skin.

Hope this helps somebody!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Ok, here is the lymph drainage info.

In the diagram above, the dots, represent the lymph drainage nodes, and the arrows show the general direction for sweeping massage movements on the face.

Lymph nodes are the special filters that toxins and waste pass through to be filtered and removed from the body. If you have a slow or sluggish circulation, you may find that these nodes, and your lymph system are not working to full potential. You should sweep the hands towards these nodes. When you get to the area indicated by the dots: Apply slight pressure with the finger ( I use the middle finger it is stronger ), and leave this pressure on the node for about 5 seconds. If at first this feels a little tender, it can be because you have some blockages in the system, that massage will clear. The more you practise this routine, the less tender it should become.

Massage on a regular basis, can show wonderful dividends: It helps to unblock and trapped toxins in the lymph system, helps speed up the evacuation of toxins, and brings fresh blood and nutrients to feed the skin from within. In addition, if practised regularly, it can help with facial muscle tone, which is good to give a firm glowing complexion. When you combine massage with Herzog’s wonderful products, the results are even more significant. If you a really serious about your skin: Don’t neglect the massage element. Even if it is only short, you will still benefit.

After Massage, Remove the cleanser with a clean face towel, warmed quickly in the microwave. ( Do not apply the towel too hot, throw it from hand to hand until it cools to the temperature that you can tolerate on the face. Never use a very hot towel if you suffer from broken capillaries, instead leave until just warm.)
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 9:21 am      Reply with quote
If you wet your face before applying the cleanser, it won't clean as well and makes it harder to massage it in properly after you've left it on a few seconds...leaving it on is also important before massaging it in. If your face is wet, it stays on the skin surface instead of penetrating, sort of slides around. I had a mini facial at Herzog and this is what I was told.

That H cream certainly is intriguing.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 01, 2008 9:58 am      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
Marina -

Ok. So apply to a dry face. But after putting the cleanser on your fingers, do you run them under the water? tia

No, I tried it both ways and I like the dry better. I just really massage it in and then take the cotton pads (wet) to remove it. But, let it do its work a few seconds before massaging. Now apparently, I have to add a cold water rinse too. My facialist fell off her chair when I told her I was going to use wet fingers to apply...these facialists are very dramatic Rolling Eyes
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Can't wait to hear from Yogi on the research as I am most intrigued now. I'm so glad that I've seen the light and am now wildly concerned that the KH line might be causing irreparable damage and free radicals to attach with abandon. Laughing

If this line has the potential to cause so much damage - where are the people who've used it in the last 20 years? Why aren't they coming forth and telling the public what a menace this skincare line is? Probably all in caves hiding Laughing

Plus the O2 facial thing is alive and well. Big time in NYC - Manhattan salons. And big bucks too
havana8

Thu May 08, 2008 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
This will be the blackout section Laughing but in case this is helpful to those with sensitive skin like myself, here's what I didn't have problems with and where I went wrong.

For me, the Oxygen Face Cream was very gentle and did not cause any breakouts, redness, increased dryness or irritation. I only had one sample but using it sparingly, found that it lasted for quite a few days. The H Cream was also very non-irritating for me and kind of lovely.

Where I went wrong was in choosing the Vita A Kombi 2 which is totally not suitable for my skin. After a week and a half, I experienced two *huge* zits (I rarely breakout), lots of irritation plus persistent redness that would not dissipate as well as a bit of soreness. So don't do that! LOL. Wrong product for me but according to the description, right product for those with "acneic skin, thicker skin, smokers and ethnic skin types". Even at that, the universal recommendation is for everyone to start with Vita A Kombi 1.

*What I should have done* is use the Oxygen Face Cream for a few weeks as BluesHeart did and then incorporate the Vita A Kombi 1 along with the Vita K Oil. I was planning to do that but for some reason got caught up in the thread and stopped thinking. Embarassed Confused

I'm probably in the minority here, but I initially *hated* the perfumey smell of the VK2 and found it very hard to take. I also found that it made my eyes burn, sting and water like crazy for some time after application, kind of like when you are cutting onions. I didn't experience eye stinging like that with the Oxygen Face Cream, though, and wonder if the combo of the hydrogen peroxide and the perfume scent was too much for me? (The Oxygen Face is sour smelling IMO although some have said they can't smell anything with it.)

One other mistake I made was with the scrub. If you can use manual exfoliants, you might be okay with this one. I know in advance that I usually can't but got swayed with optimism by the name Mild Scrub. LOL. I then further compounded the error by immediately following it with the Essential Mask with the 2% oxygen/hydrogen peroxide. Together, they were too much for my skin which ended up looking terrible all day. If you do end up trying these two, it might be an idea to use each of them alone a few times until you see how you react before combining them in a treatment stream. I found the Essential Mask a lovely mask to use by itself before LED and while the eye stinging was present, it was minimal for me.

One last thing... even if you skip the Oxygen Face Cream and start with the Vita A Kombi 1, make sure to have the Oxygen Face Cream on hand to address any undesirable things that may pop up. I sure wish I did. Wink
Sharkbait
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 1:03 am      Reply with quote
My head is spinning after ploughing through this thread! I am intrigued to say the least, after turning my nose up at basically all those ingredients for years. My skin is no better for it, so I might as well give this a go.

I cant remember if the patent itself has been discussed earlier, but it does go into some of the mechanisms involved. Apparently much of the claims revolves around the vit A and glucose feeding cells throughout the outer layers of the skin. I cannot begin to understand how this may or may not work, but with the results shown in this thread I am very much inclined to try.

Has anyone seen pics or documentation of long term users? Except from the notable Madame Herzog herself, of course.

Now, can someone please remove my mouse from the submit order button!

Patent is here:
http://www.google.no/patents?id=yVsBAAAAEBAJ
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Can someone maybe see if there is a patent/trademark info etc. for this? (I'm not great a finding this kind of stuff.) It might provide further insight on the whole oxygen topic since they say they have been able to stabilize oxygen in their products.

Oxygen Botanicals™
Our laboratory succeeded in trapping, encapsulating and stabilizing pure Oxygen in our creams and serums, instead of using hydrogen peroxide to inject oxygen into our products.

P8N8 Bio Energized Oxygen™
The creation of the P8N8 Bio Energized Oxygen™ products has come about for many reasons. These products have been designed to enhance the feel and improve the appearance of your skin. This product line harnesses one of the earth’s most abundant elements… pure Oxygen. The benefits of P8N8 Bio Energized Oxygen™ products are:
- P8N8 delivers the necessary raw materials and nutrients that the skin requires to replenish itself,
- P8N8 helps to promote Collagen production,
- P8N8 actually delivers necessary Oxygen and Vitamin A to the cells to assist in cell reparation,
- P8N8 oxidizes free radicals that are associated with aging skin,
- P8N8 kills bacteria and controls acne,
- P8N8 hydrates the skin naturally with pore blockage,
- P8N8 enables the skin to balance its own PH Ievel for a healthy and vibrant complexion,
- P8N8 helps to even out skin tone, for a more natural looking skin,
- P8N8 gently exfoliates the skin without irritation.

http://www.cmicnpmfrs.yp.ca/

Just googled this - it appears that the P8N8 is patent pending (its a Canadian company). I have actually got the P8N8 Discovery pack (as although I love the results of KH I liked the idea of a mineral oil free version and I am dreadful at 'needing' new stuff to try LOL!) and did a side by side comparison of Vita A Apricot and the P8N8 Complex 1 - I applied a 1" square of each on the inside of my arm as directed (without massage) then left it for 2 mins -- BOTH left brighter paler area's of skin where it had been applied.
I have been using the Vita A Apricot am and pm but am trying the complex 1 (lighter in texture than the KH) under my SPF in the mornings and using KH inthe evenings so will let you know how I get on.
I also got some Silhouette off Ebay and have been using it on my hands (I have horses so they suffer bumps grazes and the great outdoors!) and I am amazed how quickly cuts/grazes heal and how much improved the texture of my hands are (I leave to soak in then apply Shea butter over the top).

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 13, 2008 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
So here's my question. If 302 isn't a line that is supposed to give effects right away, then why do you suppose the two of you are seeing such quick changes?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 2:05 am      Reply with quote
Hello Ladies!

I just had to drop in and let you all know that I've spent the better part of the past 4 weeks testing several KH products (using nothing else), and I am supremely impressed with everything I've tried! So much so, that I have decided to stop using all my regular daily skin care products and continue with KH exclusively for the next 90+ days. Dancing

I was fortunate to come across a local distributor of KH who was able to help me create a start-up plan with the products, and who also introduced me to a experienced KH esthetician who I was able to meet in person for additional guidance. Talk about hitting the jackpot! For the first time in my life I am thrilled at the idea of having an esthetician that I can use on a regular basis who won't push products on me that I don't need or want! Now I can have engaging and informative discussions with a skin care specialist about a product line that I am truly enjoying and seeing RESULTS with - woo hoo! Oh, and did I mention that I have the choice of EIGHT different KH facial treatments to look forward to! Yup, this esthetician is the girl to go to for a HK facial and I can't wait to try one soon!

It was also interesting to meet someone who has used the entire line of Karin Herzog products herself, as well as on her clients, for 4 years now. At the age of 26, my new esthetician could easily pass for someone 16 to 18 years old; that is how GORGEOUS and FLAWLESS her über-youthful skin is! She cannot rave about the KH line enough and neither can the other women in the salon where she works (the age range of these women varies from mid 20's to mid-40's). They all use KH and love the products - and no one has had ANY bizarre reactions from the H202, nor do they fear any free radical damage is imminent as a result! Rolling Eyes In fact, they scoff and laugh at such a notion, as the proof is indeed in the proverbial puddin' as every one of the staff using the line has lovely skin. This is also the ONLY skin care line this high-end salon has used and sold for the past 4 to 5 years - which speaks volumes to me as well! So for the uninitiated, jump in and order some samples, you've got nothing to fear or lose by trying these amazing products!

Thank you, Bluesheart, for bringing the Karin Herzog line to our attention, and for taking the time to test these products out for a healthy period of time before you wrote your review. I appreciate both factors and can honestly say I've become a *KH convert* along with everyone else in this thread! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 3:20 am      Reply with quote
I thought I would share the "introductory program" that I was advised to follow in case it helps others who are debating on what products to start with. The product routine suggested to me is geared for those who want anti-aging benefits (fighting fine lines and wrinkles and sagging) have dry, sensitive skin, and hyperpigmentation issues.

I've been using a combination of KH products for 4 weeks now, but started out with a specific program during the first two weeks until my skin slowly acclimated. These are the products that were suggested. You'll notice there is no Essential Mask or Oxygen Mask. I was advised to incorporate these later on as the primary concern was to help my skin adjust with ease to the key oxygen products; the Vita-Kombi range.

Chocolate Cleanser (can interchange with Professional Cleansing Cream if desired; I was given samples of both)
Eye Cream
Vita-Kombi-1%
Vitamin H Cream
Mild Scrub

If you have very dry, sensitive skin, you will want to follow this regime for two weeks before you attempt to try VK2. Truth is, those with really dry and/or sensitive skin may find the VK2 too strong no matter what, which is fine, as they can happily continue with the VK1 indefinitely if their skin tolerates it well. The results will come with the VK1, trust me! Here is a more detailed description of what I did during the first two weeks and my impressions of each product.

Chocolate Cleanser - Once in the PM. This cleanser smells delicious and is the BEST I have ever used for instantly removing grime and make-up effortlessly, and not leaving my skin feeling dry or tight afterwards. I massage a small amount onto dry skin, then rinse with cotton pads, then gently wipe my face with my PSF microfiber cloth at the very end to remove any remaining residue, then splash with cool water. This method may seem involved but it really isn't! It works extremely well and I never have the sensation that my face isn't completely clean (as the oil in both the Chocolate and Professional Cleanser's can give you that impression if you do not use the cotton pads and/or a cleansing cloth to remove it properly). These two cleansers are so effective that I only use them at night as it seems complete over-kill to use either again in the AM.

Now I rarely have acne but I do suffer from the odd hormonal break-out (like the day I happened to meet with the KH esthetician Rolling Eyes ). She immediately advised me to use the Chocolate Cleanser any time I have anything hormonal going on as it will really help to prevent any additional break-out's. I've used it regularly for a while now and I cannot believe how effective it is, in fact, I prefer it over the regular Professional Cleansing Cream (which is still a great cleanser, but I find it a wee bit heavier than the Chocolate version in some way).

Vita-Kombi-1% - PM only for very sensitive or rosacea prone skin, or AM & PM for those who are semi-sensitive (like myself Wink ) and can tolerate it well. For the first three days I used VK1 once a day in the PM to see what would happen and by day four I began using it twice a day with no difficulties. I continued with the VK1 twice a day for seven more days before I moved onto a stronger oxygen product. I must admit that I LOVE the VK1 and witnessed immediate results in reduced pore size and improved skin texture that began literally from day one of using it.

*NOTE* I didn't see any mention of this earlier in the thread, though it may exist and I missed it, but I was advised (and have read elsewhere online) that when you apply the VK1 you should leave it on your skin uninterrupted for at least 5-7 minutes before you apply another product. This is what my new esthetician instructed me to do before I applied my Vitamin H Cream, so I did (but I don't know why, exactly, this is important as it doesn't appear necessary with the VK2 or VK3.. hmm ).

Eye Cream - Twice a day AM & PM. WOW - I love this eye cream!!!! It is so silky and hydrating and isn't heavy or a burden to apply make-up over. I wear contact lenses which means my eyes are EXREMELY sensitive to eye creams that have a habit of leaching into my eyes the moment I pop my lenses in. This eye cream has never caused any sensitivities at all; no burning, or watering of eyes, or itchiness. I can't say it's done much for my hooded lids (in terms of firming), but it has brightened the eye area and helped to diminish puffiness that I experience on a regular basis, which is great! As for fine lines, the jury is out on this one at the moment. Though I love this product and intend to keep using it, I *might* incorporate the 302 Eye Firming product as a means of addressing some of the issues that the KH isn't.

Vitamin H Cream - Twice a day AM & PM on top of the VK1. Holy smokes I love this cream and find it delivers even better results when I use it on top of the VK1, versus alone. A little goes a long way and you do need to gently massage it in or else you run the risk of yellow residue appearing on your skin (this cream truly is school bus yellow, as Bluesheart noted!). It is very moisturizing, yet gentle and non-clogging, and will leave your skin velvety soft. In terms of reducing fine lines and wrinkles, it's too early to say. Some days the fine lines look as if they've vanished and other days they suddenly re-appear. I am hoping that consistent daily use will produce longer-lasting results.

Mild Scrub - Once to twice a week. Due to my dry, sensitive skin, I was advised to mix the Mild Scrub with the Professional Cleansing Cream, instead of using it on it's own. I've done this several times and really like the effect. For the first two weeks I was also advised to use the Mild Scrub once a week only. I followed this advice and then progressed to twice a week (if I felt I needed it) from that point forth. I still continue to mix the Scrub and Cleanser together (basically a 50/50 ratio), and find this effective for my skin type.

During weeks two to three, I was advised to drop the VK1 and incorporate Vita-A-Apricot in it's place. My routine was supposed to be:

Professional Cleansing Cream
Eye Cream
Vita-A-Apricot

Vitamin H Cream (if needed, on top of Vita-A-Apricot)
Mild Scrub

Well, my skin felt somewhat overwhelmed with the Vita-A-Apricot, and even more so when I applied Vitamin H Cream on top. This was simply waaaayyyy too much for some reason, and I began to detect little break-outs. Not the hard bumps that happened during the first two weeks (yes, this must be a rite of passage into this line as I experienced these bumps around my chin), no, the break-outs I experienced were red & blotchy irritations. I also felt that the use of the Professional Cleansing Cream made matters worse. So I stopped using the PCC and started back up with the Chocolate Cleanser and continued to use Vita-A-Apricot once a day in the PM only, but didn't use the Vitamin H Cream on top. Instead, I reserved the Vitamin H Cream for the AM's only and used it on top of the VK1, which I reintroduced. This routine worked out well enough, but after 10-14 days, I felt my skin was still struggling with the Vita-A-Apricot. Bottom line is I will not be ordering a full-size jar of this as I think it's simply too rich for my skin. Even though it is positioned for dry-skin types like myself, I felt it was too heavy in some way - it'll probably be great for the winter though!

I really like the VK1 + Vitamin H combo in the AM and will now try the VK2 + Vitamin H at night to see how my skin adjusts to the 2% Vita-Kombi.

Oh boy, sorry for the long post, Shock it's just there is so much to share about this great skincare line and the different ways to use the products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 5:40 am      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
Scotslass, your post was very informative. It is so interesting how different spas use the KH products in different ways. JoElla said that she uses the vitamin H cream before the kombis and you were told to use it after, did they say why?

You can apply it before or after depending on your skin's needs:

Vitamin H

“Vitamin H” can be used in 3 ways: 1) As a day and night cream: for enhancing the skin’s elasticity and tone: applied alone, “Vitamin H” gives the skin unparalleled comfort and elasticity! 2) Nourishing cream: applied before one of the “Vita-A-Kombi” creams, “Vitamin H” provides the skin with all its nourishing and beneficial elements. 3) Cream for protection and comfort: applied after one of the “Vita-A-Kombi” creams, “Vitamin H” protects the skin against variations in temperature (ideal in winter !) and helps give dry skin greater comfort during the fisrt applications of “Vita-A-Kombi”.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 8:06 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hello Enlightened Ones - or KH White Lab Rats - take your pick Laughing

A big Rave to Blues Heart for sending us in this direction. I know I can't thank her enough

Marla - I am oily and going to try NIA sunscreen - and i think Scaly uses Sofina (is that right Scalawaggirl?). I for one have been experimenting with MMU just to get away from putting a lotion or cream on my face. But I'm not liking the MMU - I think it's covering my glow Laughing So, back to the drawing board.

Just wanted to check in with you all.
Sis

Hey, Sis. You're right. I do still use Sofina Nuance Up - have for a long time now and it helps me keep any oil (very little now) at bay. I just have a nice glow from the KH and it doesn't disappear but I use only the slightest amount of MMU. Last pic is the tiniest bit of MMU just to even things with no concealer at all.

marla wrote:
Also - SKALLY - I want to order the OxyBody (bacne) but am nervous about having clothing bleached (a la benzoyl peroxide) -- any issues? Maybe I'll just get the Oxy FAce to use on both body and face...

Marla, the Oxy 3% Body should not bleach your clothes - it has not done that to me at all but I do wait until it is all absorbed before getting dressed, which is easy to do since it's all done in no more than 5-10 minutes. I'm not sure it would be a good use of the Oxy Face for the same purpose as you'll likely run out quickly - also the Oxy Face is not the same % oxygen so not as strong as the Body Cream. HTH.

ETA: I've found that using the Oxy 3% Body is best done 2x/day. Once after a shower and then before bed. This seems to work well for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 14, 2008 9:21 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I am one of the oily skin girls and what I find amazing is how these products work for all of us. THank you to Scottslass for the advice on the chocolate cleansing cream and for making me have to have (right now!) the Vitamin H.

Isn't it nice to know we can all use this product - just differently in when we apply it (before or after VK's)... As someone oily I will apply before the VK2 and see how that goes. Sounds like dry skin is better with the reverse.

Hi Sis - I think you'll like the Chocolate Cleansing Cream, especially if you like the Professional version. I can't help but laugh because I can totally relate to the feeling of wanting some KH products "right now!" - LOL! I was given a little KH booklet along with my bag of sample goodies and it has proven to be very helpful when it comes to detailing how certain products can be used together, or applied under or over other products (in the KH line). Interesting enough, this booklet also lists the three different ways that the Vit-H Cream can be used (as described in marina's post above and in the EDS online store). I must say that I really, really like the Vit-H Cream a lot and am duly impressed that it is so multi-faceted.

Just to be a royal 'enabler', I'm going to list some excerpts about the wonderful benefits of this cream because it contains a vital ingredient that virtually no other skin care line on the planet offers (that's right, the planet!). Not to keep you in suspense, LOL, but that magical and rare ingredient is, you guessed it, Vitamin H!!!

------------------------------------------------
Vitamin H Cream (excerpts from http://www.shop.karinherzog.co.uk/pdf/A5-Vitamin-h-cream.pdf and the Karin Herzog product booklet)

A super light, non-occlusive, nourishing day and/or night cream that promotes naturally beautiful skin, well toned muscles, and anti-free-radical protection. Without being oily, this unique formula is rich in rare but wonderfully therapeutic natural vitamins, minerals, and proteins that are simply not found naturally in abundance in the skin as we age. The ideal companion to the ever popular Vita-A-Kombi, this cream provides additional much needed essential ingredients that the skin recognizes and quickly utilizes. The result? Soft, fresh skin with fine lines visibly reduced and a luminous glow and clarity to the complexion. Beneficial for all skin types, but especially those over the age of 30, and those with devitalised under nourished skin.

Vitamin H - A closer look...
A rare vitamin not typically found in a skin care line due to it's scarcity. In fact the Herzog Laboratory in Switzerland have, at this time, secured the world's supply of this key raw material, making this line a true Herzog exclusive. (WOW!) Doctors have long since recognized the fact that if Vitamin H (Biotin) is found in insufficient amounts in the body, it can lead to Eczema, Dermatitis, Psoriasis, and other skin complaints. With this in mind, the fact that this essential vitamin has not been included in any other skin care range, is further evidence of the rarity of this raw material.

Key Ingredients in Vitamin H (Made easier to understand with brief explanations!):
Beta-carotene (a natural source of Vitamin A without the allergic tendencies), Vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12 (essential energy vitamins to accelerate cellular renewal), Soya Protein (a natural protection and fortifying ingredient to comfort and nurture the skin), Essential Rosewood (to delicately soften, calm and hydrate, with proven anti-aging lifting properties), and a rare and natural Vitamin H (recognised by doctors as a vital element, so essential to the skin and contributes towards a better natural defence against potential cosmetic problems in the skin).
------------------------------------------------

Looking forward to your thoughts about this cream once you receive a sample and test it out a bit, Sis!

Wed May 14, 2008 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
A suggestion... can we move this to a separate thread? hmm
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |