Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:46 am      Reply with quote
I am beginning my sixth week using the Karin Herzog Oxygen skincare line and I couldn't be happier. I was shopping for a new skin regime and had been following the Osmosis thread. I went to JoElla Milan's website and ended up deciding against Osmosis and choosing the Herzog line instead. I wanted something tried and true and nothing chock full of actives that the jury is still out on. This filled the bill.
About me, I am over 40 and have been blessed with good genetics . However, several years ago I was involved in an accident that required two surgeries and that combined with some medicine I was taking had created some skin changes I wasn't happy with. I can honestly say that I'm beginning to see MY skin once more and I am thrilled. Out of curiosity, I picked up a tube of the Oxygen cream on ebay tried it, liked what I saw and decided to purchase other items to try. The oxygen cream is recommended for teenagers, acne prone skin, and pregnant women as it does not contain the vitamin a.

My current regime:
PM: Herzog Professional Cleansing Cream. This has a consistency of a heavy oil, almost vaseline like except that it does emulsify with water. It smells devine. For those of you who enjoy OCM, you might like this. Note that this is not recommended for the acne prone or younger people.

Vita Kombi Oil. This is a light apricot oil with the added Vitamin A. I apply this after cleansing and before the Vita Kombi cream.

Vita Kombi 2. The Vita Kombi creams, there are 1%, 2% and 3%, are the stars of the line. The percentages are in regard to the amount of oxygen in each formulation. It is recommended that you begin with the 1%, which I did and after a week I moved up to the 2%. I've been using the 2 now for almost three weeks and have now integrated the Vita Kombi into my day regime. The second week of the VK2 I had some slight dryness which they tell you can happen, I just put a moisturizer on top and normalized rather quickly.

Essential Mask. I use this once a week. Nice. They recommend using it before a big date or event. I will buy it again.

Mild Scrub. I'm iffy on this one. I'm not a huge fan of facial scrubs and if I do I much prefer the NIA 24. This one is recommended as a definite for acne/congested skin.

Results: The first two weeks I used only the oxygen cream. I have NEVER had acne problems. I've had six pimples in my life so I was very surprised to get some little bumps near my mouth and chin. They never came to a head but when I extracted them out came what appeared to be old sebum. This has happened occasionally and I assume it's old stuff being moved to the surface. More interesting, I had fallen and opened a spot underneath my lower lip. It had a bump underneath it that was sore and it was also very apparent once the cut healed. I thought I would have to go to a Dr for it but after a week of oxygen cream use, it disappeared. That was when I KNEW I had to try the rest of the line. I had two, what I think were sun spots, on my left cheekbone, those two have disappeared. My skin has this healthy glow and everyone tells me how clear and even my skin looks. I am very happy and I appreciate that this line isn't tested on animals and the bulk of it doesn't contain preservatives.
I have more wants from this line and I will let you know what I think as I try and incorporate more into my routine.

I have included a link to the UK site *I am in the States* because it offers a vast amount of information and recommendations for skin. Also, JoElla Milan, was once a rep for this line and knows it very, very well if some of you would wish to look at her site. You must register and login however. Additionally, I would recommend reading the history of Paul and Karin Herzog. The UK site also explains why the use of Oxygen is no unhealthy to your skin.

I have sent samples of these products to three friends from EDS. I think I might be a Herzog pusher. LOL

http://www.shop.karinherzog.co.uk/

https://0194180.netsolstores.com/login.asp

The above post is a review of the following products available at EDS:
Karin Herzog Professional Cleansing (50 ml / 1.7 oz)
Karin Herzog Professional Cleansing (50 ml / 1.7 oz)

This creamy-textured gel gently removes eye and face makeup and cleanses the skin deepdown. Formulated with different botanical and mineral oils, it eliminates impurities and makeup (suitable for all types of makeup, including waterproof) without causing irritation of the skin. Ideal for preparing the skin for an active oxygen treatment.

Karin Herzog Vita-A-Kombi Facial Oil (15 ml / 0.52 oz)
Karin Herzog Vita-A-Kombi Facial Oil (15 ml / 0.52 oz)

For your skin to produce its very own collagen, and so provide optimum results on fine lines and wrinkles, it needs many basic raw materials. Importantly it needs energy to stimulate the entire process, which it gets from our Oxygen products, But additionally it needs lashings of vitamins, especially vitamin A.

Karin Herzog Vita-A-Kombi 2% (50 ml / 1.7 oz)
Karin Herzog Vita-A-Kombi 2% (50 ml / 1.7 oz)

This Vita-A-Kombi cream has anti-wrinkle properties, with the bonus of 2% oxygen to provide a solution to problem skin.

Karin Herzog Essential Mask (50 ml / 1.7 oz)
Karin Herzog Essential Mask (50 ml / 1.7 oz)

A quick-fix beauty facial treatment, 2% oxygen combined with Vitamin A and trace elements gives a ‘radiance boost’ that tones and refreshes stressed skin, redefines facial contours and combats skin problems. Contains beautiful essential oils of grapefruit, orange and tangerine.

Karin Herzog Mild Scrub (50 ml / 1.7 oz)
Karin Herzog Mild Scrub (50 ml / 1.7 oz)

Mild Scrub refines and polishes, containing fine white marble particles that act to cleanse, smooth and polish residual dead cells off the surface of the skin, this scrub is so effective it will release trapped impurities lying beneath the surface of the skin causing blockages and removing whiteheads caused by using over rich products.

mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Great review BluesHeart! I had been looking forward to reading what you had to say about the Karin Herzog line from the time you mentioned it on one of the Osmosis/PSJ threads. Smile

Have the little bumps you mentioned eased up since your initial outbreak or are you still having some purging?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
mamawalnut wrote:
Great review BluesHeart! I had been looking forward to reading what you had to say about the Karin Herzog line from the time you mentioned it on one of the Osmosis/PSJ threads. Smile

Have the little bumps you mentioned eased up since your initial outbreak or are you still having some purging?

MamaWalnut, I probably made it sound like I had a real problem and it was very minor. The first two weeks I had two or three small bumps, nothing red and inflamed. From reading at the UK site, they recommended a mask of the oxygen cream and then if the spots were soft to extract, which I did. You couldn't see the spots after they were extracted. Then, last night, I saw a bump on my cheek and it was the same thing so I extracted it as well. Since I just moved up to the Vita K 2, it wouldn't surprise me to see it happen again. It's quite fascinating to me that this line has been around for as long as it has and that it works! Hope I answered your questions.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Update: Someone just pm'd me this link to a great article I'd not seen. Thanks so much for sending me this!

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip000349.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks and yes, you answered my questions. I didn't realize the line had been around for a long time; the first time I'd heard of it was on JoElla's site. I'm glad it works so well for you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart, I see your pm routine, what is your am routine? Thanks in advance!
Mike
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
I tried a sample of Karin Herzog's essential mask before but I don't like the result. Maybe it is not suitable for my skin.

BluesHeart: congratulation that you can find a skin care line which can help you to improve your skin.

Regards!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:58 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
BluesHeart, I see your pm routine, what is your am routine? Thanks in advance!

Riley,
My am routine is a work in progress. Since starting KH, I wash with water and microfiber in the morning, once or twice a week I use Alpha Hydrox nourishing cleanser, True Radiance eye, TR HA serum and either my NCN daycover, moisturizing version or NIA SS, then make up. Yogi and I split a JMarini Booster to do a test run so beginning a few days ago, I am now applying it first, Tuesday I started incorporating the VK 2 as well. So as of a few days ago it is JMBooster, Vita K, HA serum and NCN or NIA, make up. Prior to KH, I was using the Youth Cream from True Radiance. I like it and may incorporate it back in at some point. I also have a Cellbone Vitamin C that contains Idebenone but I'm holding off on trying that until I finish the JM Booster. I want to simplify my routine and cut back on the actives, particularly the glycolic acids and peptides, which is why I cut out the Youth Cream for now. There has been some talk about skin looking worse once people go off acids and peptides and that has not been my experience. I hope I didn't confuse you! LOL. Once I have it down I'll be sure to let you know. If I remember correctly, you were wanting to work on hyperpigmentation so the Vita Kombi's may work well for you.

Mike, sorry the Essential didn't work for you. The hunt continues, right?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I'm really interested in the Vita-A-Apricot, its been a long time since Ive had such a HUGE lemming. Any feed back, good or bad, before I take the plunge?

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:37 am      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
I'm really interested in the Vita-A-Apricot, its been a long time since Ive had such a HUGE lemming. Any feed back, good or bad, before I take the plunge?

Hi Vonstella,
I'm afraid I've not tried the Fruit Acids, either alone or in the Vita K Apricot. If I remember correctly you're young and with skin that can get congested? I'm not sure what to say Vonstella since I've not tried either of those. That is probably one of the pricier products and I can't remember off hand what the oxygen percentage is. If you take the plunge and it doesn't work out for you, pm me and I'll buy it. LOL. How's that? I've just given you a safety net. LOL. Either way, let me know what you do, ok?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:12 am      Reply with quote
I'm one of the lucky people to receive samples of KH from Blues. Along with samples of the Mask, Vita A, the scrub and a big ol' tube of the Oxygen Cream, I bought the eye cream and the Vita Facial oil. It's too soon to say what it does do, but I can say what it doesn't do -- No irritation, no breakouts. Good news so far!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Bluesheart! I guess what I'm concerned about is that I already use Retin-A at night (0.05%) and the cream contains "neutral" vitamin A. What makes it neutral, if you know. I don't want to over do it but this cream sounds divine. Youngish (almost 27 going on 100) I guess but I have my congestion 100% under control!

After a recent detox from a med that left my skin in horrible shape (acne scars, dryness, blotchy, dull, makes me so mad cause my skin did look REALLY good) Ive decided to revamp my skincare. I have some products from Cellbone and GOW on the way but I need a day time moisture treatment cream, I'm wondering if The Oxygen Face Cream (2% oxygen and no vitamin A) would be a better choice for me, I could always mix in a little apricot oil...kinda a pain though. I'm rambling at this point, sorry, will wait to hear what you think.

ETA: Thanks for the link!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:48 am      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
Thanks Bluesheart! I guess what I'm concerned about is that I already use Retin-A at night (0.05%) and the cream contains "neutral" vitamin A. What makes it neutral, if you know. I don't want to over do it but this cream sounds divine. Youngish (almost 27 going on 100) I guess but I have my congestion 100% under control!

After a recent detox from a med that left my skin in horrible shape (acne scars, dryness, blotchy, dull, makes me so mad cause my skin did look REALLY good) Ive decided to revamp my skincare. I have some products from Cellbone and GOW on the way but I need a day time moisture treatment cream, I'm wondering if The Oxygen Face Cream (2% oxygen and no vitamin A) would be a better choice for me, I could always mix in a little apricot oil...kinda a pain though. I'm rambling at this point, sorry, will wait to hear what you think.

ETA: Thanks for the link!

Ahhh. Vonstella, I'd definitely skip the Vita K and go with the Oxygen cream. I've tried retinol products in the past and couldnt' tolerate them. So I was a little nervous about trying the Vita K's. I've had no problems but last week, on a whim, I decided to do a wee bit of NCN's pumpkin mask, primarily because I love the smell, BAD MOVE. I had a large spot on my check that looked as if it was bordering on burn status. I skipped the Kombi and slept in the Essential mask and woke up with slightly dry skin but nothing that I thought I'd have and the burn didn't get worse. I wasn't thinking about the Vita Kombi's containing the neutral Vitamin A and it was too much. Evven thought this isn't Retinol in the form we're accustomed to, it is still powerful. Hope the link answers some questions.
http://www.shop.karinherzog.co.uk/web/knowledge/frequently-asked-questions.htm#Doesn%92t%20Retinol%20Thin%20The%20Skin%20And%20Make%20It%20Light%20Sensitive

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, been looking (meaning drooling) over the different creams, I think that Im going to do the Oxygen cream for my face and get the Apricot cream for my neck and chest, since I dont use Retin-a there. Thanks for bringing these to my attention!

havana8

Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I was another lucky recipient of samples from Blues and like Yogi, no irritation or breakouts from the Oxygen Cream. Although I do not suffer from acne and rarely breakout, I had a two small bumps that I could feel under the skin that refused to make an appearance but which I kept poking at in an effort to get them to show up or leave. Despite having them for weeks, they quietly disappeared after 2 uses of the Oxygen Cream. It's funny, the ingredient listing doesn't look like much to me, but apparently it's the oxygen that makes it active and effective.

Oxygen Cream
Ingredients: Water, Pharmaceutical Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbatum 20, Hydrogen Peroxide (2%).

I asked JoElla a while ago about using the Vita A Kombi with other retin products as I was using O's Renew at the time and she said, "Anything that goes under the oxygen is pushed further into the skin. Surprisingly, Vita A Kombi works well over Retin A. It hydrates the skin so it does not peel a lot." So if you are okay with retin products in general, you might be okay, but if you are sensitive to retin products like Blues, it's probably better to skip it.

She also said that if you were going to use the KH products in combination with products from other lines, that the only thing is to watch out for is if something is really active. Because the oxygen is considered active also, those products would need to to go on together. For example, if you were using a C product, the Vita A Kombi or Oxygen product would go over the C. Oh, and do not use them over some strong acid type product as Blues mentioned.
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Why would you put hydrogen peroxide on your skin? Shock
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Havana8, I think I'm still going to get both, why not right? Razz I'm not sensitive to vit a products, my skin actually really likes them, my main issue is finding a good hydrater. I just ordered the C23 High Potency C-Serum and Hydra Repair Skin Repair Gel from Cellbone, so my AM routine would look like this: Vit C (wait 30 mins), Oxygen cream or Vita-A-Apricot, Repair Gel. Right?

Anyway, I thought the apricot oil from the Vita-A-Apricot would counteract any dryness I might get from using both A products at once, what do you think?

BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
Havana8, I think I'm still going to get both, why not right? Razz I'm not sensitive to vit a products, my skin actually really likes them, my main issue is finding a good hydrater. I just ordered the C23 High Potency C-Serum and Hydra Repair Skin Repair Gel from Cellbone, so my AM routine would look like this: Vit C (wait 30 mins), Oxygen cream or Vita-A-Apricot, Repair Gel. Right?

Anyway, I thought the apricot oil from the Vita-A-Apricot would counteract any dryness I might get from using both A products at once, what do you think?

Vonstella,
You could try it and see what happens. I did have some increased dryness after starting the Vita Kombis so the Repair Gel would work as your moisturizer. Honestly, I'd start slow...start your oxygen cream and see what happens. Then start adding things in.

Remember, I'm a newbie too!! LOLOL

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
BTW, I've been using Differin 0.3% under the Oxy Cream with no dryness or irritation.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
edenfield wrote:

Hi Edenfield,
To answer your question, please see the article linked below. That was good enough for me.

http://www.shop.karinherzog.co.uk/web/knowledge/effective-oxygen-therapy.htm

Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:

I think that sounds right, Von, based on what JoElla said and on what I've read. One other thing she said that I should mention is that she often "uses her oxygen products in the day or night and then her other products at the opposite time".
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
edenfield wrote:

Hi Edenfield,
To answer your question, please see the article linked below. That was good enough for me.

http://www.shop.karinherzog.co.uk/web/knowledge/effective-oxygen-therapy.htm

interesting stuff, thanks for the link!

just in general though, people need to stop relating wrinkles with wounds or skin damage! a wrinkle is NOT damaged skin hehe

another side of the story...

hydrogen peroxide. There is a great deal of current research showing that hydrogen peroxide is problematic as a topical disinfectant because it can greatly reduce the production of healthy new skin cells (Source: Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, September 2001, pages 675–687). Hydrogen peroxide is also a strong oxidizing agent, meaning that it generates free-radical damage. While it can function as a disinfectant, the cumulative problems that can stem from impacting the skin with a substance that is known to generate free-radical damage, impair the skin’s healing process, cause cellular destruction, and reduce optimal cell functioning are serious enough that it is better to avoid its use (Sources: Carcinogenesis, March 2002, pages 469–475; Anticancer Research, July–August 2001, pages 2719–2724; and Cellular and Molecular Biology, April 2007, pages 1–2). See free-radical damage.
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using on and off the Vita-A-apricot cream and after this thread I am going to get it out again. I have heard and read that Karin Herzog who is in her 70's has the most beautiful skin.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Cookie,
Spill. Tell us all about the Vita k Apricot. I'd love to hear your thoughts as I've not tried this.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the Vita-A-Apricot but it does have the glycolic in it so it can be very strong. I bought the apricot oil a couple of weeks ago to use under it and just tried it tonight. I feel that it is probably going to be better for my 49 year old skin. This product line is very potent and the spa that I buy some of the line from says that she sees more results from Karin Herzog than her professional lines. I am also interested in her chocolate line that might be next.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |