Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Hey ladies and BluesHeart, I've been using some of the products for just over a week now - I know it's not very long but I can tell almost immediately (within two days), if a product's going to cause problems.

To test, I started out only using the Essential Mask on the trip out to the UK. First, I washed with the Cleansing Milk mixed w/a bit of the Scrub. I left the Essential Mask on the whole flight then rinsed it off about a hour prior to landing. Then, I applied Vita Kombi 2 and the eye cream. No problems with that and it definitely made a difference in how I looked upon arrival.

During this last week, I've only used the Vita Kombi 2 over spritzed face (only AM) and the eye cream (AM & PM). What I experienced is exactly like BluesHeart and others described with weird, hard breakouts (?) that popped up here and there. They easily resolved with my Zit Buster Serum BUT the real difference happened when I started using the Cleansing Milk/Scrub in the AM (just added it yesterday so did this twice so far). Now, I'm having no breakouts at all and things are looking really good.

My pores are shrinking! It's starting nearest my nose and working outward. My pores are also staying clear and uncongested!

One interesting note is that I've been indulgent while here (partying) and my skin doesn't look worse for wear like it would normally. Not that this is a recommendation to party it up but I think it's good to know that the products combat toxic elements (environment would be affected, too) so it's a positive thing, IMO.

I am slowly adding products in to see how my skin reacts and have the Chocolate Cream but have not used it yet - will report later on that. In regard to oily skin, I have it in spades but it's being controlled very well with Karin Herzog and I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary - still using my Sofina Nuance Up SS and MMU. Only one application of powder a day is all I need and an occasional check in the mirror w/maybe a minor blot. Good for me!

Since I'm in the UK, my friend and I are going to visit a local spa that provides Karin Herzog facials since they're not available in the US. Smile I'll let you all know how it goes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Curious as to how everyone is spreading the creams on, as they say not to massage in. Any tips?

Also, in regards to mixing other lines w KH, is no one doing this at all? Ive have a C serum that I just got and still like to use.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:05 am      Reply with quote
I apply over spritzed face (distilled water), put dots (tiny) on each area, then gently apply all over and allow to absorb. I found it was necessary to do this in order to keep the amount small but still get it all over.

IMO, avoiding other products is a good idea until you see how KH works (or doesn't), then I'd say it's okay to add your C back in. This is what I plan to do.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks scalawaggirl. I guess using Retin-a is out of the question, I've got the Oxygen face cream with no Vit A but might have to bite the bullet and get the VK2.

Just tried the scrub this morning, wow! Great texture, very different from what I thought it was going to be like.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:33 am      Reply with quote
I can't wait to try this, but I have not received my stuff from joella yet! All results seem promising from everyone so far.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:11 am      Reply with quote
I am still waiting for my KH order to arrive. I also use retin-a and vit C. Havana8 posted in the beginning of the thread:

havana8 wrote:

... I asked JoElla a while ago about using the Vita A Kombi with other retin products as I was using O's Renew at the time and she said, "Anything that goes under the oxygen is pushed further into the skin. Surprisingly, Vita A Kombi works well over Retin A. It hydrates the skin so it does not peel a lot." So if you are okay with retin products in general, you might be okay, but if you are sensitive to retin products like Blues, it's probably better to skip it.

She also said that if you were going to use the KH products in combination with products from other lines, that the only thing is to watch out for is if something is really active. Because the oxygen is considered active also, those products would need to to go on together. For example, if you were using a C product, the Vita A Kombi or Oxygen product would go over the C. ....

I want to keep using retin-a and vit-C. It might be a good idea to start KH on its own, and then to get back to retin-a and vit.C.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks mpstat, I remember reading that but couldnt find it for the life of me this morning.

mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:32 am      Reply with quote
vonstella - I looked at your signature, and it turned out that we are using exactly the same Vit C. and the same strength of retin-a Smile
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Interesting! What is your skintype?

mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:43 am      Reply with quote
I have very fair skin, the lightest shade possible, somewhat sensitive, especially neck area. Also dryish, but it is seasonal, t-zone gets oilier in summer (I live in Atlanta, where it is hot and humid in summer).
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:06 am      Reply with quote
We are very similar in climates, Im in Texas and already about to pull my hair out over the humidity! Im also really pale but oily and not really senstive.

On a side note I have just ordered from JoElla: The starter kit (you get: choice of cleanser, choice of VK, the scrub and the eye cream), Silhouette Cream and the Essential Mask. The total was $210.90 with the 10% discount applied. This might be the best value for those of you wanting to try it all.

sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Waiting for the KH to arrive also. I got the cleansing cream and I have oily skin. JoElla encouraged me to get this. I wish I had purchased the scrub as it sounds like a good choice. Like Scally I have VK2, Essential Mask ordered.
I also ordered Calm from Osmosis - JoElla told me The Dr and his wife use it and she does also - for firming effects long-term.

I love to hear everyone's results with this product. My research has been very positive.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:56 am      Reply with quote
Vonstella, at some point, I do plan to possibly add Retin-A back in but I think it will be awhile and most likely after needling as a way to overturn the skin. Given the Vitamin A in the Kombis, I'm thinking it might be overkill for me but I'll probably test it out, anyway.

BTW, I just got back from a Karin Herzog Pore Draw facial, which seems the best place to start with these treatments. It was fab and I highly recommend tracking down a spa, if you're in the UK.

http://www.shop.karinherzog.co.uk/web/treatments/treatments-facials.htm

Interestingly, after using the products for 1.5 weeks (just the Vita Kombi 3 and eye cream), my pores were actually quite clear and during the facial, she used Oxygen (normally recommended for acne-prone skin). Then, she let it sit for a minute or so and there were bubbles that came up where the product was needed most (usually where a plugged pore was). She was able to extract extremely gently with no pressure at all. I was both impressed that A) I had hardly any congestion and B) that the Oxygen Cream bubbled the clogged pores up the surface! So, clearly the products have been working very well for me so far.

I will be planning to eventually get the Oxygen (for monthly facials), Sillhouette & Tonus B12 (for body), Vitamin H Cream (as a richer night treatment), as well, due to my conversation today.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:39 am      Reply with quote
I really love the vitamin H cream. I can't explain it but my skin just looks healthy. JoElla told me to put the H cream on first and to apply the Vita Kombi on top to push it in. She said that it helps with firming and hydration.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad to hear that those of you just starting are doing well. Sounds like I may need to rethink the scrub. I've had a few developments here and I'm not sure what to think. Yesterday, my skin didn't look so good. This morning I got up and washed my face and the skin rolled off from an area from an inch outward of my lips to the ear, more on the left side than right. I skipped VK 2 today and just used the VK oil. At the moment, my skin feels slightly sensitive and warmish. I'm not sure if this is normal as I seem to have seen changes from the 10 day mark each time I've added something or if the VK 2 twice a day is too much.

Cookie, I have the H coming. Can't wait to try it.

This is truly a unique line and I can't wait to hear how you all do. Very cool Scally that you got to experience a KH salon. I'm trying to find one in the midwest. Crossing my fingers that there is one in Chicago. Otherwise, Yogi is going to have to put up with me making a visit. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Any time!
LKL6411
5% products discount

Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
My first experience with the Karin Herzog line was at least 12-15 years ago when I read a magazine column featuring Marcia Kilgore, founder of the then-start-up Bliss Spa.

Bliss used the line for its clients and Kilgore swore the Vita-A-Kombi would "clear up elephant man acne in 2 weeks". I'd always struggled with congested pores and breakouts so I bought the whole line and followed the directions faithfully.

I'm not sure if it was the mineral oil (still the 2nd ingredient per recent postings) or what, but I didn't have success with the line and didn't repurchase anything.

I'm fairly sure the scrub was somewhat duplicated by Bliss in their own line at some point.

Good luck to those who pursue this line. My funniest memory is that my eyebrows kept lightening up from the hydrogen peroxide and I didn't realize it until my sister told me!
doodles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Scalawaggirl,
So do you use a dermaroller or something similar with the KH products?.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:18 am      Reply with quote
IMO, this line is very sophisticated and as such, would require quite a bit of tweaking (potentially) to work effectively for each individual skin type. Of course, it's possible that it won't work for everyone but I do think it's worth a shot.

I've taken a super slow approach due to this as I am very prone to ingredient breakouts and am still waiting to try the Chocolate Cleansing Cream until I'm sure everything else is fine. So far, I'm only using the Scrub/Cleansing Milk in the AM, then eye cream & Vita Kombi 2 over spritzed face. It really makes a difference in how my skin looks - about a minute or so after applying the VK2, it calms down significantly and looks creamy.

Blues, it is possible that 2x/day is too much of the VK2 and might be best to cut back to once a day. The clinician I worked with said that I should try the Vitamin H at night (alone at first to test it) and then later, perhaps, to combine with VK2 but that it might be overkill for me. Given that, I'd say that it could be too much and I'll just have to test to be sure (what I meant earlier for what works for each of us could be really different). I also asked her about the Vita-Apricot Cream and it is a combination of the Vita Kombi (not sure which strength, though) and the Apricot for a more moisturizing option for aged or dry skin types. This might be something to consider, as well, but I will not be using it due to my oily skin.

Doodles, I have not yet used the Dermaroller with the KH products as I wanted to see how my skin reacts first before upping the ante. I do use it, though, on my hairline and brows before applying Skin Bio's Folligen.

Regarding the eyebrows lightening, it seems fairly easy to avoid them when applying the oxygen products but thanks for the reminder as it's something to be considered.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:10 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Hey ladies and BluesHeart, I've been using some of the products for just over a week now - I know it's not very long but I can tell almost immediately (within two days), if a product's going to cause problems.

To test, I started out only using the Essential Mask on the trip out to the UK. First, I washed with the Cleansing Milk mixed w/a bit of the Scrub. I left the Essential Mask on the whole flight then rinsed it off about a hour prior to landing. Then, I applied Vita Kombi 2 and the eye cream. No problems with that and it definitely made a difference in how I looked upon arrival.

During this last week, I've only used the Vita Kombi 2 over spritzed face (only AM) and the eye cream (AM & PM). What I experienced is exactly like BluesHeart and others described with weird, hard breakouts (?) that popped up here and there. They easily resolved with my Zit Buster Serum BUT the real difference happened when I started using the Cleansing Milk/Scrub in the AM (just added it yesterday so did this twice so far). Now, I'm having no breakouts at all and things are looking really good.

My pores are shrinking! It's starting nearest my nose and working outward. My pores are also staying clear and uncongested!

One interesting note is that I've been indulgent while here (partying) and my skin doesn't look worse for wear like it would normally. Not that this is a recommendation to party it up but I think it's good to know that the products combat toxic elements (environment would be affected, too) so it's a positive thing, IMO.

I am slowly adding products in to see how my skin reacts and have the Chocolate Cream but have not used it yet - will report later on that. In regard to oily skin, I have it in spades but it's being controlled very well with Karin Herzog and I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary - still using my Sofina Nuance Up SS and MMU. Only one application of powder a day is all I need and an occasional check in the mirror w/maybe a minor blot. Good for me!

Since I'm in the UK, my friend and I are going to visit a local spa that provides Karin Herzog facials since they're not available in the US. Smile I'll let you all know how it goes.

Scallygirl-Have to ask: how did you rinse off the essential mask on the airplane? And what did you say you spritz your face with before using VK2? Thanks. Sis
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:16 am      Reply with quote
OKay - I see you use distilled water for spritzing!

For those of you who are using Sillhouette - What results do you see?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Sister, I used a pre-moistened microfiber cloth that I kept in a plastic baggie to remove the Essential Mask on the plane. Bottled water would also work for a dry cloth, if you wanted to go that route.

After reading more reviews on the Sillhouette/Tonus B12 combo, I am definitely going to get this anti-cellulite duo soon.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:39 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Scallawagirl.

JoElla sells the duo ($70.00) and you can get 10% off by writing SAVE in the promotion area.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Interesting how everyone has their own little thing they do. I have no need to spritz my face before applying my VK2. I dot it on, pat pat never going over the same place twice. The less I touch the product once on my face, the more I feel it working. In seven weeks, I've not seen any lightening of my eyebrows. I just don't apply it there, stopping above the line. I just had my brows done Wednesday night and the Brow Police would have noticed. Surprised FYI, I realized what caused the peeling on my face. It was a foot cream containing acids that I applied the other night, forgetting to wash my hands after. I tend to sleep with my hands touching my face so I'm sure that's the culprit.

Sis, I've not tried the Silhouette or Tonus but it's next on my list. I did use the fat burner from John C Hill that is kick butt effective. I do however like the synergy of using the Silhouette and Tonus together.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
I did use the fat burner from John C Hill that is kick butt effective.

Can you please tell us more??? Pray
(Sorry for hijacking the thread Anxious).
R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |