Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:00 am      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
Thanks Blues. Doesn't the skin care industry get it that if they developed a truly fantastic HG eye cream that women would pay almost any amount of $? I would!

Oh, I think they know that. LOL. Actually, so far, my HG eye cream was the True Radiance. It worked so well for me but I just didn't want the peptides anymore. *sigh* Fortunately, for me the issue isn't crows feet.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
graceless_lady wrote:

rubby, can you advise on the method you're using with the brush? I know it's somewhere in this thread, but it's so long and I can't begin to guess where to look. If I have one problem with this line, it is applying the advised small amount of product. As I've started with VK1, it's probably not been too much of an issue - but I'm expecting VK2 any day now and need to go lighter.

Hi GraceLL,
Here is what i do:
I scoop out a pea size of the cream with the little spatula/scoop that comes with the cream. I dip my middle finger (very lightly) into the cream (so I get a very small amount on it) and make a three small dots on my cheek (following the cheek bone, just under the eye). I follow this on both sides of the face, then move onto the middle of my face (again, three tiny dots of cream), then again on my jaw line (here I may make 4 tiny spots). Then couple of tiny dots on my forehead, 1 on my nose, 1 on my upper lip, 1 on my chin, and then 3 rows of 3 tiny dots on my neck. If there is anything left in the scoop/spatula, i scoop that out and apply to my temples. Then I take my little brush and lightly spread those tiny dots all over my face. I do it quickly, making sure I cover my entire face, but i don't worry if there is still some cream visible on my face when I'm done. That sinks in very quickly.
I use a small flat brush (1/2 inch width) that I got with a foundation or a blush.
This way I can spread the cream all over the face without massaging it in and without loosing any cream to my fingers/hands. Initially, I thought that the cream would get soaked into the brush and that I would actually wipe it off the skin, instead of spread it over the skin. However, i must say that this application method works great and this is now the only way I apply VK2 and Oxy Face.
Hope this helps.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
evieariel

Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi There,

I have been using proactiv for the past year. It is so drying on your face regardless of the clear complexion. I always had flawless olive skin, then after 30 "somethin" it was all over.

Someone sent me something from Nuskin (Galvanic Spa) to go and have a demo done. So I did, but besides getting all this pressure of buying this tool and the hundreds of dollars in product I still don't know if it works or not.

I have spent hours searching for reviews nothing....so I am desperate to get off of Proactiv because it sucks the water right out of your skin. I read your article on Hertzog creams and how it helps with acne...

I could show you a draw full of creams that promise a bunch of nothings.......so I wanted to ask you if you had acne prone skin? also is the Galvanic a joke and the 400 dollars for the Nuskin 180, Essense Ultra skin system ? It won the best home spa award 2008 in Los Angeles but what does that mean? The search continues...let me know your thoughts, thank you!!!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
evieariel wrote:
Hi There,

I have been using proactiv for the past year. It is so drying on your face regardless of the clear complexion. I always had flawless olive skin, then after 30 "somethin" it was all over.

Someone sent me something from Nuskin (Galvanic Spa) to go and have a demo done. So I did, but besides getting all this pressure of buying this tool and the hundreds of dollars in product I still don't know if it works or not.

I have spent hours searching for reviews nothing....so I am desperate to get off of Proactiv because it sucks the water right out of your skin. I read your article on Hertzog creams and how it helps with acne...

I could show you a draw full of creams that promise a bunch of nothings.......so I wanted to ask you if you had acne prone skin? also is the Galvanic a joke and the 400 dollars for the Nuskin 180, Essense Ultra skin system ? It won the best home spa award 2008 in Los Angeles but what does that mean? The search continues...let me know your thoughts, thank you!!!

Hi evieariel! I have acne-prone skin, but I've been so lucky these past few months to not have broken out AT ALL thanks to the wonders of tazorac, Zenbiotic skincare products, and my trusty clarisonic brush. However, when I heard all the buzz about Karen H. products and how they were good for acne, I figured I'd give it a shot and see what happened. It turned out to be a HUGE mistake for me. It was just WAY too heavy for my skin and for the first time in MONTHS I had a whole face full of clogged pores. Let me tell you, I almost cried over that, lol! However, I quit using the KH stuff asap and now my skin is almost back to normal. I know a lot of people have gotten great results with KH stuff, but I just thought I'd chime in to let acne-prone people know that it did NOT work for me.

As for the nuskin, I don't know much about it, but I haven't heard about it being used for acne. If you want to buy a tool to help with breakouts, I would recommend the clarisonic brush 110%! It's awesome for breakouts and clogged pores, esp. if you pair it with something like tazorac, differin, etc. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
evieariel wrote:

Welcome to EDS, Evie.

I watched the Today show video on Nuskin's website:
http://www.nuskin.com/intercom/editorial.do?contentId=galvanic.today.show&mktId=1984
You can get a similar galvanic device on Ebay for less. And as far as I can tell this device is for skin tightening and toning, not for acne treatment.

I would listen to manslayerliz. She's an experienced EDS poster. I too have the Clarisonic skin brush and love it. You can read a lot about it here on EDS and also go to the websitewww.clarisonic.com Or, if you can't afford the Clarisonic, look into the Pretika sonic brush (seems to be a Clarisonic knockoff). Get rid of the Proactiv as it is drying out your face. Use the sonic skin brush with a gentle cleanser (preferably not the one that sometimes comes with it). You can try a lot of different samples atwww.dianayvonne.com

If you want to try Karin Herzog, try to get samples first before making an expensive investment. I think JoElla referenced in this thread has KH samples.

Best wishes!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone for your help. I am ordering the Vita Kombi2- vita H eye cream, and I think I am going to get the 302 c boost drops (per Bethany and Cookie's recommendation.

Jo Ella told me she thought I should order the Vitamin A product for my skin and to get a small jar of Kombi 3 for spotting my sun damaged spots. She said she use to have freckles and they are all gone. Boy would I love to get rid of all my sun damage. I was quite strong in that if these products don't work for my wrinkles under my cheeks I will be very disappointed. She assured me they will.

One of these days I will drive down to Newport Beach and see her place and tell you all about it that aren't from Southern California. It is lovely in Newport and a nice drive for me. Thank you all for your help.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
platinumrose wrote:
Thank you everyone for your help. I am ordering the Vita Kombi2- vita H eye cream, and I think I am going to get the 302 c boost drops (per Bethany and Cookie's recommendation.

Jo Ella told me she thought I should order the Vitamin A product for my skin and to get a small jar of Kombi 3 for spotting my sun damaged spots. She said she use to have freckles and they are all gone. Boy would I love to get rid of all my sun damage. I was quite strong in that if these products don't work for my wrinkles under my cheeks I will be very disappointed. She assured me they will.

One of these days I will drive down to Newport Beach and see her place and tell you all about it that aren't from Southern California. It is lovely in Newport and a nice drive for me. Thank you all for your help.

Platinum, I just ordered the VK3 for my trouble spots too! Very Happy Hopefully we'll both be spot free soon!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have any thoughts on why my face is so red since starting KH? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I am actually not using KH tonight since my face is a completely different color than my neck, and I am meeting my new boss tomorrow. He might think that I had a head transplant! Shock

Rileygirl had suggested that I might be using too much VK2, so I made sure I stuck to the pea last night and this morning. But I am STILL a tomato head. Sad

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Does anyone have any thoughts on why my face is so red since starting KH? Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I am actually not using KH tonight since my face is a completely different color than my neck, and I am meeting my new boss tomorrow. He might think that I had a head transplant! Shock

Rileygirl had suggested that I might be using too much VK2, so I made sure I stuck to the pea last night and this morning. But I am STILL a tomato head. Sad

Bethany,
What all are you using, everything in the last two or three days?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Is your face just red from increased blood circulation or does it look irritated?

Is it just the KH you are doing? Are you doing vaculifter or rolling too?

Do you have a 1% product? Maybe you need to step down to 1%?!?

Just my thoughts....

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Luna, I have the 2% product, and am not using anything but KH right now.

I am going to cut back to 1x a day (like I probably should have started with, lol) and then work back up to once a day.

My skin is fine...no irritation, but it is definitely red!

BTW, since I am not using KH tonight, I decided to use my CPs. I usually use SC2X on the sides of my face with no issue, but tonight it is stinging like Shock Shock Shock I'm not sure if it is because I rolled last week or the addition of KH, but my skin is definitely more alert at the moment! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Luna, I have the 2% product, and am not using anything but KH right now.

I am going to cut back to 1x a day (like I probably should have started with, lol) and then work back up to once a day.

My skin is fine...no irritation, but it is definitely red!

BTW, since I am not using KH tonight, I decided to use my CPs. I usually use SC2X on the sides of my face with no issue, but tonight it is stinging like Shock Shock Shock I'm not sure if it is because I rolled last week or the addition of KH, but my skin is definitely more alert at the moment! Shock

It's easy to underestimate the oxygen and the Vitamin a. Probably best to cut back like you said. Let us know, Bethany.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
bethany wrote:

Bethany,
What all are you using, everything in the last two or three days?

Blues, I just saw your post...sorry I didn't repond earlier.

The only things I have used since Monday are the VK2, the Vit H, and the eye serum. (except for the CPs tonight) My skin texture feels great, but I am just red.

BluesHeart wrote:
It's easy to underestimate the oxygen and the Vitamin a. Probably best to cut back like you said. Let us know, Bethany.

I am sure you are right...I actually had to get up and wash off the CPs because my face was just tingling WAY too much. I am just using emu tonight and squalane tomorrow am before my MMU (I actually have to go into the office!).

I did request a VK1 sample from JoE, and once I get that, I will use that and then work back up to VK2.

But other than the red, I am really liking the way my skin feels! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:09 am      Reply with quote
Just chiming in re: acne-prone users.

I am acne prone, or shall we say, just generally breaking out all over the place. Nothing I have ever used has kept the breakouts away for more than a few weeks, if that.

I am, so far, having the results of my life with this stuff. I us the cleansing cream, scrub, vk1 (will work up to vk2), vk3 as spot treatment, oxy face, eye cream and body 3%.

My blackheads started moving out almost instantly. Some really nasty pustules (several inflamed follicles, big time bumps) deflated the first night, leaving nothing but the redness, which was gone after another day. My flakies are gone, pores look cleaner and I swear my dark circles are looking way better. I did look like an oil slick the first mornings, but that is getting better, and a quick wash in the leaves just glowy skin.

I still have some redness and stubborn blackheads though after less than a week I must say i am highly impressed. Now time will tell if the results will stay, but I am a convert at this point.

( My eyebrows are much lighter, though this is my own fault for targeting problems around them. Once they are gone, I will just tint my brows back to normal. And using the oxy body has lightened the arms on my arms into invisibility. Nice side effect.)
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:31 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Shock Shock Holly ... . this is exactly what I noticed yesterday as well Shock Shock .
I am not tomato red, but my nose and my cheeks look like i'v got a tiny bit of a sun burn (which I didn't as i am always very careful about sun exposure, and besides - it's been raining her for the last few days). And my skin is not irritated or tight at all. It just looks pink Confused Question .

I kinda thought that a bit of pink colour in my cheeks looked good (as I am always grayish pale Sad ), but at the same time I wondered what the heck was going on.

I haven't cut back on my KH application - applied VK2 last night (without V.H. as I do that only every other day). Today, I'm applying Oxy Face. We'll see what happens.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:22 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
bethany wrote:

Shock Shock Holly ... . this is exactly what I noticed yesterday as well Shock Shock .
I am not tomato red, but my nose and my cheeks look like i'v got a tiny bit of a sun burn (which I didn't as i am always very careful about sun exposure, and besides - it's been raining her for the last few days). And my skin is not irritated or tight at all. It just looks pink Confused Question .

I kinda thought that a bit of pink colour in my cheeks looked good (as I am always grayish pale Sad ), but at the same time I wondered what the heck was going on.

I haven't cut back on my KH application - applied VK2 last night (without V.H. as I do that only every other day). Today, I'm applying Oxy Face. We'll see what happens.

Rubby, I noticed that my face was back to it's normal color this morning, so it is definitely the VK2 for me. Hopefully the redness will decrease over time, because the look of the red head anchored above the white neck just isn't working for me, lol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Is there anything the two of you are using or doing that is the same? So far, I don't remember this happening to anyone? The lights maybe?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Just got an email that my tonus is on backorder for 1 1/2 weeks. I have a feeling the silhouette is also going to be on backorder!

Blues, did scally say how she uses these 2 products together? Meaning, does one go on top of the other or do you use them separately?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:06 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Just got an email that my tonus is on backorder for 1 1/2 weeks. I have a feeling the silhouette is also going to be on backorder!

Blues, did scally say how she uses these 2 products together? Meaning, does one go on top of the other or do you use them separately?

Yikes! Where did you order from?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Here at EDS!
havana8

Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:37 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

I have been using them separately and together. When using together, Tonus follows Silhouette 3–5 minutes after and should be massaged in.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:38 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

At the risk of being hung up by my pink little toes, my Silhouette and Tonus is on it's way to me. I got my shipment notification yesterday. Cool

Riley, Scally, if I remember correctly, was more spot treating with it versus using it all over. I tried emailing her several days ago to clarify but haven't heard back. I know you apply the Silhouette first, then wait a certain amount of time and apply the Tonus. I think I'm going to apply all over to get a feel for it and then decide from there how to continue using it. I'll let you know how it goes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:41 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

I have been using them separately and together. When using together, Tonus follows Silhouette 3–5 minutes after and should be massaged in.

I knew there was something I wanted to remember to ask you about. Embarassed How long have you been using it and have you noticed any changes?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm. I was planning on using the Silhouette and Tonus at night after a shower and before bed. I was just at the UK site and the product information says to apply wait 3-6 minutes and then you may shower or dress. Do you think it matters if it's after a shower? And the directions also say once a day is sufficient.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Blues and Havana on how to use the 2 products together!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |