Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:35 am      Reply with quote
I have been reading this thread from the beginning and get a bit concerned when members get jumped on for making comments that suggest they did not get good results with this line.
I tried a few products from this line last year and they got used up on my legs. After the first few days I was really wowed, then I started to break out. I continued and after a couple of weeks, the breakouts disappeared. After a month I had massive breakouts and clogged pores and my face was a mess.
I am not criticising this line as it is obvious that many have had wonderful results. However, there are some oilier skinned people who have had lousy results. I refrained from posting in the "Worst Products" thread because I don't like putting people off in case they haven't yet tried a product and when they do they love it. But in my case, KH is the worst I have ever used. Just my opinion and just my skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Bushy.....your comment are very well appreciated by me. It's nice to hear both sides of a skin care line because everyone is different and we all have different results. I have been one week on KH and I haven't had great results nor bad results. I guess one could say "mediocre" results. However, all comments should be tolerated and we have to remember that there will always be those who do not have good experiences with a skin care line. Individuals have to read the pros and cons and decide for themselves whether or not to plunge in and try a new skin care line. I would rather have tried samples first, but EDS didn't have any and so I bought as few products as possible which would give me a reasonable estimation as to how my skin would respond to KH. I'm still on the fence about KH so for me it is quite interesting to read everyone's experiences with this line of products.

Thank you for your comments.
boski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:53 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
I have been reading this thread from the beginning and get a bit concerned when members get jumped on for making comments that suggest they did not get good results with this line.
I tried a few products from this line last year and they got used up on my legs. After the first few days I was really wowed, then I started to break out. I continued and after a couple of weeks, the breakouts disappeared. After a month I had massive breakouts and clogged pores and my face was a mess.
I am not criticising this line as it is obvious that many have had wonderful results. However, there are some oilier skinned people who have had lousy results. I refrained from posting in the "Worst Products" thread because I don't like putting people off in case they haven't yet tried a product and when they do they love it. But in my case, KH is the worst I have ever used. Just my opinion and just my skin.

Thanks for your post. It is good to hear both sides, because everybody has a different skin type and issues. IMO, I think KH is better suited for mature, dry, or normal skintypes. I'm the same as you, very acne prone and easily clogged. The hydrogen peroxide/oxygen is good for getting rid of the acne initially but in the long run, it may be too heavy for oily skin types. I tried it 3 years ago and it did brighten my skin and help some with breakouts, but I started to get clogged pores, so I stopped.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:03 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I'll be 42 in a couple of weeks, but my skin went beserk a couple of years ago and suddenly became oily with major hormonal breakouts.

This getting old stuff is WAY worse than when I was a teenager!! Mad

The same exact thing happened to me Shock Never had acne in my entire life, used to get regular compliments on my skin, and then I turned 39 and holy h*ll broke loose. It's been very hard on me emotionally.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks to Bushy for your post.

I have only been reading a few posts on this thread now and then as I have decided not to use the KH product line.

I was a bit surprised when reading some of the recent posts. New members are joining EDS all the time. In my opinion, one cannot require that a new member reads 50 pages with countless links to patents and other complicated information, before she's entitled to ask one critical question about the ingredients.

After all, this is a forum for private individuals, not professionals.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Au contraire. I think if anyone took the time to look and read the thread you will see others chiming in to say the products did not work for them. Off the top of my head, Havana, whom I might add, I encouraged to post her experience, Liz, and a few others I'm not familiar with. As we all know, some things work and some things don't. Almost all of the people who post in this thread have repeated ad nauseum their experiences, have given advice and recommendations on what worked for each of us. Most of us, in the spirit of the board, have been happy to do that as we all hope people will have the same experiences as most of us have had. Additionally, most also recognize the thread is quite long but it is full of some important and helpful information and if someone is truly interested they will take the time to at least look and READ the first four or five pages and perhaps skim the rest. Recently, a poster would drop in occasionally to inform us the sky was falling by listing ingredients that have been listed and discussed, ie mineral oil, in the very first page or two of this thread. Secondly, this particular poster than complained about a lack of information regarding the percentages of the oxygen in the products, intimating that the US and Canada were selling products that European laws didn't permit. That was of course, incorrect, as the percentages which are listed here at EDS, at numerous sites that sell KH, and at the site of KH headquarters are most certainly available for those wishing to know that information and are the same limits as in Europe. Thirdly, in another thread, this same poster hinted this line was not sold or made in Europe. I personally furnished her with links to the international headquarters and vendors of the products in multiple European nations. Excuse me but I must say that a certain responsibility must be adopted by the person wanting information and how they approach others in receiving that information. Wouldn't you agree?
I have to say that I am dumbfounded at the attitudes and behavior of certain people over this thread. In my time at EDS I've not seen so much drama over a thread of non home based skincare as I've seen regarding this line.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:46 am      Reply with quote
Most interesting of all is the fact that most of the people who orchestrated the drama are people who have no interest or experience at all with the line. How many threads were initiated or brought back to life regarding the use of oxygen, free radical damage, and on and on? I've come to believe that some people are only happy when they're stirring the pot or have ulterior motives that apparently only they understand.
Karin Herzog is an fascinating line for those who become interested and find it works for they're skin. It may work for you it may not. I don't think there are any hard and fast rules other than choosing what works for your skin, reading and following product directions, particularly with these products as application is different. Slathering it on one's face which is contraindicated in the directions will probably cause some issues, as is choosing products too strong for your skin. As we're told, more isn't better.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Faithfully10 wrote:
I am 50 years old and I have been using Osmosis Enlighten for the last few month with hardly any improvement. Will the KH products help with melasma or would I just be wasting my money. Also I have dry skin with large pores and laugh lines.

Hi Faithfully,
I found KH when I was considering Osmosis. I didn't have much melasma but what I did have was lightened considerably. My nose and chin had a pinkish tinge that is now gone. I do think you will have great results for your pores if you choose the correct products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Bushy.....your comment are very well appreciated by me. It's nice to hear both sides of a skin care line because everyone is different and we all have different results. I have been one week on KH and I haven't had great results nor bad results. I guess one could say "mediocre" results. However, all comments should be tolerated and we have to remember that there will always be those who do not have good experiences with a skin care line. Individuals have to read the pros and cons and decide for themselves whether or not to plunge in and try a new skin care line. I would rather have tried samples first, but EDS didn't have any and so I bought as few products as possible which would give me a reasonable estimation as to how my skin would respond to KH. I'm still on the fence about KH so for me it is quite interesting to read everyone's experiences with this line of products.

Thank you for your comments.

Hey Leelee, what products did you get? Are you combing with the 302? I may be wrong but weren't you using the 302? I wouldn't worry about not seeing results in a week as long as your face isn't one giant acne breakout or your face has suddenly fallen to the floor. It's too bad that EDS doesn't have samples of KH yet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Where does everyone buy Karin Herzog products? Are you buying from EDS or another vendor?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
Where does everyone buy Karin Herzog products? Are you buying from EDS or another vendor?

Ruk1,
I buy from JoElla Milan. http://www.karinherzog-jmilan.com/ I started with her and Ebay, believe it or not when I first started using the line. She has samples, has answered a ton of questions and is very nice about it. She was a rep for KH and knows the product line quite well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Blueheart, for the link. I browsed through the KH line on JoElla web site and found that her prices are pretty much the same as EDS. Does she offer any discount at all?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
Thank you, Blueheart, for the link. I browsed through the KH line on JoElla web site and found that her prices are pretty much the same as EDS. Does she offer any discount at all?

Yes. For anything over 50.00, put SAVE in the discount window and you get 10 percent off and free shipping. If you're buying less than 50.00 worth of merchandise, pm me and I can give you a Ebay seller who offers free shipping as well. Whatcha getting?

Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
hi everyone, just started KH a couple of days ago. i'm 23 with oily skin and i'm currently trying the VK2. it's been great so far--just one tiny pimple on my nose that might be purging (or the damn humidity in DC)! fyi, i'm also using tazorac. i'll update on how everything goes!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
mahway0k wrote:
hi everyone, just started KH a couple of days ago. i'm 23 with oily skin and i'm currently trying the VK2. it's been great so far--just one tiny pimple on my nose that might be purging (or the damn humidity in DC)! fyi, i'm also using tazorac. i'll update on how everything goes!

Mahway, welcome to the thread and to Karin Herzog. If you can, I'd recommend buying the Oxy face. It seems to help those with more oily skin who are breakout prone. Those with oily skin who've been successful with the line are those who also include the Oxygen face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart......Hi! I am not using 302 skin care in conjunction with KH. I realize one week is not a long time but I'm breaking out a little bit and I hardly every have break outs. However, my skin is extremely sensitive so I'm not that surprised. I am only using the VitK1, Eye Cream and Vit H. I think the Vit H. is a tad too rich for me and I have to use a little less than I have been using. It is a shame EDS has no samples. I don't want to invest too much into this skin care line until I see some positive reults, hence my anxiousness to see them. Anyways, I'm not giving up. The break outs are not terrible and I'm sure my sensitive skin needs more time than others to adjust to this line.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
BluesHeart......Hi! I am not using 302 skin care in conjunction with KH. I realize one week is not a long time but I'm breaking out a little bit and I hardly every have break outs. However, my skin is extremely sensitive so I'm not that surprised. I am only using the VitK1, Eye Cream and Vit H. I think the Vit H. is a tad too rich for me and I have to use a little less than I have been using. It is a shame EDS has no samples. I don't want to invest too much into this skin care line until I see some positive reults, hence my anxiousness to see them. Anyways, I'm not giving up. The break outs are not terrible and I'm sure my sensitive skin needs more time than others to adjust to this line.

Leelee, if I were you I'd not use the H yet at all. Not even a little. Make sure you're using the pea sized amount of the VitaK and only use it once a day. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I'm interested in how you're doing since you've used the 302 as well. I'm still playing with alternating the lines.

Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for the suggestion bluesheart. i was looking at the ingredients and the only difference seems to be the addition of retinol in the VK series?

i'll be sure to check out the o2 cream if the vk2 doesn't work out.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
mahway0k wrote:
thanks for the suggestion bluesheart. i was looking at the ingredients and the only difference seems to be the addition of retinol in the VK series?

i'll be sure to check out the o2 cream if the vk2 doesn't work out.

For me, I think that the Oxy Face is what really got rid of my breakouts.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Blueheart, I am considering the cleanser and would like to try one oxygen product, too.

Just out of curiosity, I thought you get 20% discount if you bought on EDS, no?
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
By the way, I read on JoElla web site that the oxygen product from KH is supposed to hydrate AND kill bacteria that causes acne. Is the Vit-A Kombi 1 with 1% oxygen be powerful enough for this purpose? I saw her anti-acne kit contains the Vit-A Kombi 2, but I thought from reading this thread that you're supposed to start with 1% until your skin gets used to oxygen.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
By the way, I read on JoElla web site that the oxygen product from KH is supposed to hydrate AND kill bacteria that causes acne. Is the Vit-A Kombi 1 with 1% oxygen be powerful enough for this purpose? I saw her anti-acne kit contains the Vit-A Kombi 2, but I thought from reading this thread that you're supposed to start with 1% until your skin gets used to oxygen.

I believe JoE recommends starting with the VK1 to get acclimated. On other sites I've seen the a list of what Kombi is appropriate for particular skin types. You could order the cleanser and ask for a sample of the Kombi of your choice. It's free shipping regardless.
Yes, I do get a discount with EDS. However, I've not purchased anything since they began repping KH. I just ordered the Body Duo last week and ordered from JoE. Even with my discount of 20% it was cheaper for me to purchase from Joe who offered a set plus ten percent off and free shipping. Additionally, I prefer to use paypal.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the Herzog line since almost the beginning of this thread. I called JoElla and she gave me a lot of helpful hints. I use the P. cleanser at night followed by Vit a kombi 1. In the morning I use another gentle cleanser (Orlane) and then apply OF cream. I must say I've has excellent results. My rosacea is much better and I get not breakouts. My favorite product is the Oxygen Face cream. It has made my face more even and less red.
I must say it may not be for everybody, but I've had very good results.
It's a shame we all can't use the same products, and get the same great results. I guess that's why we're all reading the boards and trying hundreds of different products. I just hope I continue to see inprovement.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
annie313 wrote:
I called JoElla and she gave me a lot of helpful hints.

That's great Annie!

Any hints from JoElla you'd like to share?
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I definitely agree that the line may not be good for everyone, but for me who has tried everything under the sun, KH has been the most impressive. At first I didn't think that I was going to like it and I stopped using it. When Blues started the thread I brought it back out. At first my skin was dry and a little bit irritated but as time went on my skin became acclimated to the oxygen and now I look just plain glowing. Thanks again Blues!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |