Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Anthony Logistics Instant Fix Oil Control (85 g / 3 oz) Anthony Logistics Wake Up Call Hydrating Treatment Gel (90 ml / 3 floz) Gatineau Melatogenine AOX Probiotics Youth Activating Beauty Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 253
Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
That's true, I never really thought about that. I was thinking of maybe using an anti aging serum of some sort followed by the oxygen cream. I like the idea of the oxygen but not the retinol. I used retinol once and my skin didn't take kindly to it. It didn't irritate it or anything, it just started looking unhealthy. I thought I may add a serum with peptides but I haven't found one I'm interested in yet. I can't wait to try the oxygen though!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
jenw wrote:
That's true, I never really thought about that. I was thinking of maybe using an anti aging serum of some sort followed by the oxygen cream. I like the idea of the oxygen but not the retinol. I used retinol once and my skin didn't take kindly to it. It didn't irritate it or anything, it just started looking unhealthy. I thought I may add a serum with peptides but I haven't found one I'm interested in yet. I can't wait to try the oxygen though!


In that case, you would likely want the oxygen face. It doesn't have Vitamin A. However, I've never been able to tolerate retinols before and I'm doing fine. Let us know what you decide.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 253
Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for all your help!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
I found this one the KH UK site. It links to the site of the woman who worked with KH on developing more recent products. Scroll down to the left side and you will see a reference to DateLine. Did anyone see that show?

http://www.juliecichocki.com/

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 253
Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I may try the Oxygen Botanicals first only because I can get it right away but what serum/oil from KH would you recommend for a combination skin..more focusing on fine lines/wrinkles or is there one?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
jenw wrote:
I may try the Oxygen Botanicals first only because I can get it right away but what serum/oil from KH would you recommend for a combination skin..more focusing on fine lines/wrinkles or is there one?


There is the Vita Kombi Oil. That would be it. There really isn't other serums like what you're thinking. It's a different type of line. Good luck and let us know how you like the OB. I looked at the site. They're using acids and things I don't want but beyond that it looks interesting.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 253
Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
I just actually noticed that. It also meantioned that it does not bleach facial hair and the KH lines says that it will lighten eyebrows with constant exposure. Why would one oxygen line lighten and the other not?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
jenw wrote:
I just actually noticed that. It also meantioned that it does not bleach facial hair and the KH lines says that it will lighten eyebrows with constant exposure. Why would one oxygen line lighten and the other not?


Because KH's delivery system utilizes HP.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 253
Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Key Ingredients: Comfrey Extract, Japanese Green Tea Extract, Biosulpher Liquid

Are these acids you were taking about in the OB line?
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 253
Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
jenw wrote:
I just actually noticed that. It also meantioned that it does not bleach facial hair and the KH lines says that it will lighten eyebrows with constant exposure. Why would one oxygen line lighten and the other not?


Because KH's delivery system utilizes HP.


Is that a more effective delivery system?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
jenw wrote:
Key Ingredients: Comfrey Extract, Japanese Green Tea Extract, Biosulpher Liquid

Are these acids you were taking about in the OB line?


No. I was referring to several of the other products. Specifically those that use HA and the one exfoliant that uses four acids. I'm also not a sulphur fan. Remember to let us know how it works though!

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
jenw wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
jenw wrote:
I just actually noticed that. It also meantioned that it does not bleach facial hair and the KH lines says that it will lighten eyebrows with constant exposure. Why would one oxygen line lighten and the other not?


Because KH's delivery system utilizes HP.


Is that a more effective delivery system?


I honestly can't comment on that Jen since I've not tried the OB nor have I really looked into the catazome they seem to use. Maybe someone with a little more knowlege will step in and give us the scoop. Confused There was another oxygen line that someone posted about in this thread but I can't remember the name.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 253
Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I will but the more I compare the two lines the more I am leaning towards the HK line! I guess I have to do a little more research! There doesn't seem to be any reviews on the OB line though which kinda makes me wonder about it... I think I have to learn to be more patient and not let the fact that I can get the OB tomorrow make up my mind about the two lines!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Oh boy. You're talking to the wrong person. I live for immediate gratification.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 253
Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
I know, it's aweful isn't it!!!
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 253
Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
What is the difference in texture between the VK 1 and 2? Is one more appropriate for combination skin? I like something that absorbs right in your skin without any residue.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
jenw wrote:
What is the difference in texture between the VK 1 and 2? Is one more appropriate for combination skin? I like something that absorbs right in your skin without any residue.


I don't remember any differences between VK 1 and 2. Jen, this is NOT a skincare line like you've used before. You do not massage the products that contain Oxygen into your skin like you're accustomed to. You apply a small amount, the size of a pea, you dot it on using your spatula that comes with the kombi or some use the fingers and then you proceed to pat it in. You don't rub it in. Doing so means that you will be getting most of the Oxygen into your hands. It will absorb by itself. If you prefer something lighter than maybe the kombi 1 is more for you. In all honesty Jen, I think you need to spend some time at the KH uk website and become familiar with the product line.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
jenw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 253
Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I'm actually there now. It really looks interesting and you're right, not like anything I've tried before. I'm a huge texture person and I may have to let that go with this line because it is so different. I'm gonna do a little more reading and see if anyone has tried the OB line before I make my big purchase. Oxygen is the way I want to go though.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 1034
Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Whew, I just spent the last week reading every post and am so relieved that I finally caught up. Of course I had already ordered the Oxygen Face and the Essential Mask by the time I reached page 5. By page 10 I was thinking I should have ordered the Kombi 2 instead, then the Kombi 1, then the Vit H, then not, and holy moly I changed my shopping cart about 50 times. As it stands, in addition to the OF and Em already coming, I am now also ordering the Prof Cleaning, Mild Scrub and Kombi 1. I'm a little concerned about using the Kombi 1 with Vit A. I've never used retinol, but seems I remember reading it's not good to use while nursing? I'm in the process of weaning and I'm wondering if I should stick with the OF until the baby is fully weaned?

I'm also wondering what the difference is between the Apricot Oil and Kombi Oil? I currently use jojoba oil under pearl paste, which has converted me from an oily complexion to normal, so I'm not sure if I should be adding one of the KH oils to the mix, use the jojoba or hold off on oils? Has anyone else that previously had great results with pearl paste to control oil, have the same results with KH?

One last thing (for now). The chocolate line interests me, but DS has severe food allergies, including nuts and dairy, so severe we can't bring either into the house or use in cosmetics. I know what a pita it is to find chocolate with no milk products, and this product specifically states swiss chocolate, so I immediately assumed dairy. But looking at the ingredients the only chocolate I see is cacao. Is that just cocoa?

Thanks for all the informative posts and looking forward to your suggestions.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Whew, I just spent the last week reading every post and am so relieved that I finally caught up. Of course I had already ordered the Oxygen Face and the Essential Mask by the time I reached page 5. By page 10 I was thinking I should have ordered the Kombi 2 instead, then the Kombi 1, then the Vit H, then not, and holy moly I changed my shopping cart about 50 times. As it stands, in addition to the OF and Em already coming, I am now also ordering the Prof Cleaning, Mild Scrub and Kombi 1. I'm a little concerned about using the Kombi 1 with Vit A. I've never used retinol, but seems I remember reading it's not good to use while nursing? I'm in the process of weaning and I'm wondering if I should stick with the OF until the baby is fully weaned?

I'm also wondering what the difference is between the Apricot Oil and Kombi Oil? I currently use jojoba oil under pearl paste, which has converted me from an oily complexion to normal, so I'm not sure if I should be adding one of the KH oils to the mix, use the jojoba or hold off on oils? Has anyone else that previously had great results with pearl paste to control oil, have the same results with KH?

One last thing (for now). The chocolate line interests me, but DS has severe food allergies, including nuts and dairy, so severe we can't bring either into the house or use in cosmetics. I know what a pita it is to find chocolate with no milk products, and this product specifically states swiss chocolate, so I immediately assumed dairy. But looking at the ingredients the only chocolate I see is cacao. Is that just cocoa?

Thanks for all the informative posts and looking forward to your suggestions.


Diana,
Definitely stick with the OF until you're done nursing. KH specifically states that OF is for pregnant women and teens. I'd be careful and assume it holds true for lactating women as well. The Apricot oil is just that apricot oil.
The Kombi oil contains Vitamin A as well as C and E. I love it but it wouldn't be appropriate for you at this time. JoElla Milan swears this line normalized her very oily skin and that seems to be the case here as well. Keep us updated.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 1034
Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Diana P wrote:


Diana,
Definitely stick with the OF until you're done nursing. KH specifically states that OF is for pregnant women and teens. I'd be careful and assume it holds true for lactating women as well. The Apricot oil is just that apricot oil.
The Kombi oil contains Vitamin A as well as C and E. I love it but it wouldn't be appropriate for you at this time. JoElla Milan swears this line normalized her very oily skin and that seems to be the case here as well. Keep us updated.

Thanks, I just noticed that the Kombi Oil has jojoba oil in it so maybe that would be the best one for me. Although I may just continue with my own jojoba oil if I need any for moisture of oil control.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
jenw wrote:
What is the difference in texture between the VK 1 and 2? Is one more appropriate for combination skin? I like something that absorbs right in your skin without any residue.


I think the only difference is the level of Oxygen. I started at VK2, and really should have started at VK1. Embarassed

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 1034
Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Seems to me someone mentioned speaking with a KH Canadian supplier (ScotsLass?). I was hoping for a recommendation for products and contacted the KHuk site (Julie), JoE and also the KH Canadian site for advise and the olny one to respond so far has been the Canadian site. The only problem is that they are located in Quebec and I don't speak French and the girl that responded is not quite fluent in english so her response was very short and did not answer all my questions. So I am thinking that there must be another Canadian site or email that I can try?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Seems to me someone mentioned speaking with a KH Canadian supplier (ScotsLass?). I was hoping for a recommendation for products and contacted the KHuk site (Julie), JoE and also the KH Canadian site for advise and the olny one to respond so far has been the Canadian site. The only problem is that they are located in Quebec and I don't speak French and the girl that responded is not quite fluent in english so her response was very short and did not answer all my questions. So I am thinking that there must be another Canadian site or email that I can try?


Try pming Rubby, Diana. I'm thinking she found someone in the Toronto area.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
graceless_lady
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Jun 2007
Posts: 222
Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm ... my skin didn't like the Oxygen Face. I was using it on my chin because that's where I'm prone to breakouts, and I undid the good results I'd achieved with VK1. So I decided against 'upgrading' to VK2 for the time being, let my chin take a rest for a couple of days (and used retin-a instead), and will carry on with VK1.

Meanwhile, I have some samples of the Vita-A-Apricot - which seems like a potential option for me as it's geared for mature skin. Is anyone using it and, if so, would you please share youre routine? TIA!

_________________
Easy Eye Solutions, Frownies, Tanaka Massage, Retin-A.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Pevonia Spa Clinica Pro Micro-Retinol Essential Moisturizer (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Tanda ZAP - White Anthony Logistics Wake Up Call Hydrating Treatment Gel (90 ml / 3 floz)