Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
havana8

Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Didn't Winnie say she was using Vita-A-Apricot?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:

I thought she put it aside to finish something she'd ordered first. Didn't she just have a sample?

Graceless,
I had a sample of the Vita Ap and thought it was nice. Not sure I'd buy it though as I do ok with the Vita2. Tell me, what happened from the oxy face?

Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
havana8 wrote:

I thought she put it aside to finish something she'd ordered first. Didn't she just have a sample?

Graceless,
I had a sample of the Vita Ap and thought it was nice. Not sure I'd buy it though as I do ok with the Vita2. Tell me, what happened from the oxy face?

I think Winnie is using it in conjunction with JB (every second night, 3rd post down)...

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=378192&highlight=karin#378192
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
annie313 wrote:
Hi Bethany, I have mature skin that's very sensitive with rosacea. My skin is also thin. I thought the Vit H cream would be perfect for my skin, but JoElla advised me to use the Oxygen cream when I started to get redness and breakouts. After reading all the wonderful thing about the cream I have to restrain myself from ordering it.

I wonder if it's because the Vit H also contains Vit A? (which I didnt realize)

I also wonder if the Rosewood would irritate some people (the smell of rosewood actually bothers me, but I can now tolerate it as long as I don't put it on right before bed).

Karin Herzog Vitamin H Cream

Active Ingredients: Made with Vitamin H (biotin) a rare and unique vitamin that helps to improve cell metabolism, Vitamin A, B-Vitamins, Soya Proteins, and Essential Rosewood.

Thank you. I was asking what is Vitamin H, and now I saw your post.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
graceless_lady wrote:
I have some samples of the Vita-A-Apricot - which seems like a potential option for me as it's geared for mature skin. Is anyone using it and, if so, would you please share youre routine? TIA!

Graceless, I have a sample of Vita-A-Apricot and I must say that I don't particularly like it. Truth be told, it is just a sample, which means I didn't use it for a long time, but I don't like the smell and I don't see any added benefits compared to the VK2.
I do have Oxy Face and use it several mornings a week, but I must say that VK2 is by far my most favourite cream from the KH line.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
graceless_lady wrote:
I have some samples of the Vita-A-Apricot - which seems like a potential option for me as it's geared for mature skin. Is anyone using it and, if so, would you please share youre routine? TIA!

Graceless, I have a sample of Vita-A-Apricot and I must say that I don't particularly like it. Truth be told, it is just a sample, which means I didn't use it for a long time, but I don't like the smell and I don't see any added benefits compared to the VK2.
I do have Oxy Face and use it several mornings a week, but I must say that VK2 is by far my most favourite cream from the KH line.

rubby, I don't remember if you used the VK1 at all? If you did, how does it compare to the VK2, just a milder version?
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:

rubby, I don't remember if you used the VK1 at all? If you did, how does it compare to the VK2, just a milder version?

Hi Diana P. No, I never tried VK1. I asked for a sample when I placed my first order, but did not get it. Then, I spoke with a beautician experienced in KH line (she has been using, working with, and selling KH line for 5 years) who examined my skin and said i would be perfectly fine to start with VK2. I started slowly - every other day first, alternating with Oxy Face.
HTH, R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:48 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:

Graceless,

I don't know if I can blame the Oxy Face for causing a couple of nasty zits, but certainly what happened next was new to me so I have to put it down to the way my skin responded to OF. As I said a few pages back, the cystic-like zit/s would mostly go down quite quickly - but not entirely. Then whatever was left would be "trapped" under skin that seemed to think it was healed. The worst part about it was it was very difficult to cover with makeup - it was a very red/purple colour. And marks from recent breakouts that had already started to fade were once again very visible.

I do have VK2 and I think I'll try and gradually build up to that, but for now I'm intending to stick with VK1.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:13 am      Reply with quote
Hello! I have been using KH for about 6 weeks now and wanted to post my findings so far...I have normal skin and can be prone to acne in my chin area (am 35 now and finally have it under control!).

I purchased the oxygen face cream, professional cleanser, scrub and eye cream. Overall, I like the products and will stick with them. I did have one issue which may be a 'heads up' for anyone with acne/blackheads:

- The line was a bit dehydrating at first even using OF only 1x/day so I simply utilized my decleor oil underneath my oxygen face cream and that worked well.

- I quite like the eye cream. I have had dark circles under my eyes since I was a child (they get worse when I don't get enough sleep, yet never completely go away when I am rested) This eye cream has helped lighten the circles - its not totally gone away, nor am I expecting that. However I must say they are lighter than they were 6 weeks ago, I noticed the change when I realized I didn't need to use as much concealer as usual.

- the OF does indeed help any acne pimples dissapear faster. And they don't get as inflamed and red (which I am hoping means less purple scars on my face afterward!)

- my one complaint is similar to graceless_lady in that I did notice I was getting more blackheads and millia, almost like my skin couldn't purge things completely...and in strange places like my cheeks and foreheard where that doesn't happen for me normally. I was using the scrub 1 or 2x/week, yet no fruit acid cream(s) or retinal creams...both of which likely help exfoliate skin more often and perhaps deeper than the scrub was working for me. As a result this week I added one peel to my skin and a few days later one application of a product which had some retinaldehyde and salicylic acid in it. Much better!

In summary, for anyone prone to acne or blackheads, simply using the scrub and professional cleanser at night might not be enough exfoliation for you. The OF cream absolutely helps with reducing the inflammation of any pimples (though I would expect the VK2 would do that as well since the oxygen % is the same...2%) so much so that even my husband noticed! But, it doesn't help 'deep clean' and remove blackheads. If you have skin similar to mine, you may want to consider adding the fruit acid cream or some sort of peel regularly to just help boost things a bit. Otherwise I am very pleased with the products and will continue to utilze them daily...just needed to tweak things a bit to get it right!

I still use my decleor oil underneath in the daytime, as I do like a 'dewy' look. I am thinking my next purchase may be the vitamin H as I thought Joella indicated it would help with moisture and added anti-ageing benefits.
Cheers!
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Been catching up on everyone's news, great to see lots of new ladies joining in- welcome to you all.

For those with sunscreen issues, Joella sent me a same of the osmosis shelter which will work well on top of the KH product. It has an spf of 30 and have to say I love it and have ordered the larger size from her. I have real issues with sunscreen on my face and have relied on MMU as they were the only thing that did not cause my eyes to sting and tear, etc, the osmosis has been great for me.

Thanks to a 15.00 coupon from dermstore I am awaiting my first order of silhouette- can't wait to see what that does. I am trying it on its own for now thanks to budget constraints.

I know this is gettng long, but I went without makeup to church last night, that's a first. My skin just looks so good-clear and radiant after a month with KH, there was just no need to cover up.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Thankyou Bluesheart and Yogi for the advice re the Chocolate Cleanser. Yes the smell is out of this world...who'd have thought they could produce a product that smells like it does!

I've been persevering with it and removing it with a muslin cloth, although I did see that Karin Herzog makes a 'face silk' cloth to remove the cleanser with. Doesn't seem as if EDS sells it at the moment.

Also since i've began using a foundation brush to apply the Oxygen Face Cream and the VAK 1 it's been working out better for me.

I'm getting on really well with the VAK 1 and the eye cream too at the moment. I have permanent almost red stains at the outer corners of both my eyes and dark eyelids. I think they may be something to do with allergies, but I 'think' I may be seeing a slight improvement with them since they don't seem as prominant, but perhaps I'ts just wishful thinking! I'll see how things progress during the next month or so.
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:52 am      Reply with quote
can someone please put these products in order for me? vitamin oil, vita kombi, vit H cream, oxygen face cream? When? day or night or both? My second order has arrived!
I am using the prof cleanser at night followed by toner and vita kombi at the moment. Day I use a microfibre cloth, toner then oxygen face cream. How do I fit the oil and vit H cream into my routine?
Also, how important is it NOT to massage in?
Question about the limited shelf life? how important is it to adhere to this?
Thanks.
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:

I've been persevering with it and removing it with a muslin cloth, although I did see that Karin Herzog makes a 'face silk' cloth to remove the cleanser with. Doesn't seem as if EDS sells it at the moment.

I'm getting on really well with the VAK 1 and the eye cream too at the moment. I have permanent almost red stains at the outer corners of both my eyes and dark eyelids. I think they may be something to do with allergies, but I 'think' I may be seeing a slight improvement with them since they don't seem as prominant, but perhaps I'ts just wishful thinking! I'll see how things progress during the next month or so.

Hi Sel,

I picked up a good quality microfiber face cloth. I really like that and it was 3.00 as opposed to the more expensive face silk. Cannot compare the two really, but microfiber cloths seem to be used in a lot of spas these days.

I love the eye cream too! And have you tried it on your lips?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:20 am      Reply with quote
peppy wrote:
can someone please put these products in order for me? vitamin oil, vita kombi, vit H cream, oxygen face cream? When? day or night or both? My second order has arrived!
I am using the prof cleanser at night followed by toner and vita kombi at the moment. Day I use a microfibre cloth, toner then oxygen face cream. How do I fit the oil and vit H cream into my routine?
Also, how important is it NOT to massage in?
Question about the limited shelf life? how important is it to adhere to this?
Thanks.

Hi Peppy, There are several ways to use the vit H, so it does depend on what you want to do. In my routine I use the vk oil and H every other night(I use the AHA cream the other three nights and one night I just use the essential mask.) First I apply the vit. H, then the oil then the vita khombie. The H you massage in, same with the oil. I find the nightly application is all I need of those products. If I am going out I sometimes massage in a drop of VK oil because it does give you a nice glow. I only have samples of the oxygen face cream that I have used for a mask treatment so cannot help you there- but am sure others will jump in too.

With the oxygen products it is very important not to massage in. My understanding is the oxygen absorbtion cannot take place if you massage it in. It takes a little while to get the hang of it, but once you do I find it is a very quick and easy application. And be sure to wipe those eyebrows with your cloth after application.

One lesson I have learned is to go slow with introducing products, your skin needs time to adjust, and I find I do not need to use everything twice a day to have a great complexion so my budget is happy too. More is not necessarily better with KH.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
tuningmyheart, how do you like the AHA cream? Have you seen any results with it?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Sel,
I was a microfiber user until I'd been using KH awhile. I found it didn't remove the pro cleanser well and that the cloth seemed to 'gunk' up. I'm now using these large, square cotton pads and they work very nicely. I buy them at Walgreens. Glad you like the choco cleanser. Do you think it spreads and rinses easier?

Peppy,
I use my products differently. I apply the VK oil first. Then if I want I add the H, then Kombi. I've tried the H after the Kombi2 and don't like it as well. I was using the H both am and pm but now that it's summer I'm only using it in the pm. For me, twice a day doesn't seem to add any additional benefits I can't get using it once. Because it's summer, I'm not using the oil as much. But Tuning is right, it does give a nice glow and it's great on the lips too.

Nice to see new names here who are jumping in. I enjoy hearing how you've all adapted the products for you.

Cookie, I've been using the FA for about two weeks, three times a week and so far so good.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Blues, Has the AHA made a difference in the way your skin looks since you started using it?
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
myamax wrote:
In summary, for anyone prone to acne or blackheads, simply using the scrub and professional cleanser at night might not be enough exfoliation for you. The OF cream absolutely helps with reducing the inflammation of any pimples (though I would expect the VK2 would do that as well since the oxygen % is the same...2%) so much so that even my husband noticed! But, it doesn't help 'deep clean' and remove blackheads. If you have skin similar to mine, you may want to consider adding the fruit acid cream or some sort of peel regularly to just help boost things a bit. Otherwise I am very pleased with the products and will continue to utilze them daily...just needed to tweak things a bit to get it right!

This is good to know because I am struggling with blackheads too. I have made good progress since starting this line; actually, more progress than I've had with other products I've used. I use the Oxy FC nightly starting with squalene underneath and the mild scrub 3x per week. I'm waiting for my order of Vit H & the Prof Cleanser which will hopefully arrive soon because I can tell the difference now that I've run out of those products.

Do you think adding retinol to my AM routine, which I basically just use a moisturizer, would be helpful with getting to those blackheads? Just wondering after seeing this post.

Thanks!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
Hi Blues, Has the AHA made a difference in the way your skin looks since you started using it?

Cookie,
My skin looked pretty good prior to starting the AHA but I felt I needed a little bit of exfoliation. Surprisingly, it seems to increase that glow and I think that some faint lines on my forehead seem less noticeable. (was starting to see some faint horizontals)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
blesstd wrote:
myamax wrote:

This is good to know because I am struggling with blackheads too. I have made good progress since starting this line; actually, more progress than I've had with other products I've used. I use the Oxy FC nightly starting with squalene underneath and the mild scrub 3x per week. I'm waiting for my order of Vit H & the Prof Cleanser which will hopefully arrive soon because I can tell the difference now that I've run out of those products.

Do you think adding retinol to my AM routine, which I basically just use a moisturizer, would be helpful with getting to those blackheads? Just wondering after seeing this post.

Thanks!

Blesstd, be careful if you add a retinol. I think you will see more help with the blackheads if you continue the pro cleanse.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Blues, That is exactly what I think I need. I am going to get some.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
blesstd wrote:

Thanks!

Blesstd, I know retinoic acid must be used at night...do retinols need to be at night as well? I thought they did, but I could be totally off base here.

Hopefully someone else will weigh in.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
myamax wrote:
- the OF does indeed help any acne pimples dissapear faster. And they don't get as inflamed and red (which I am hoping means less purple scars on my face afterward!)

- my one complaint is similar to graceless_lady in that I did notice I was getting more blackheads and millia, almost like my skin couldn't purge things completely...and in strange places like my cheeks and foreheard where that doesn't happen for me normally. I was using the scrub 1 or 2x/week, yet no fruit acid cream(s) or retinal creams...both of which likely help exfoliate skin more often and perhaps deeper than the scrub was working for me. As a result this week I added one peel to my skin and a few days later one application of a product which had some retinaldehyde and salicylic acid in it. Much better!

myamax, what peel are you using? I would like to use up my PSF pumpkin peel before I place an order for the KH exfoliation products, but I wasn't sure if it would be too strong to use once I start the KH products (still waiting on my package to arrive). It sounds like we have the same skin type so I am curious how strong of peel you are using.
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Blues & Bethany, think I'll take your advice and be a little more cautious/patient. I'm just anxious for my products to arrive!
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:21 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone. Why is the vit H cream such a fluoro yellow? Smells funny too. The oil smells magic though.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |