Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Review: Karin Herzog skincare

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
myamax
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 157
Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:

myamax, what peel are you using? I would like to use up my PSF pumpkin peel before I place an order for the KH exfoliation products, but I wasn't sure if it would be too strong to use once I start the KH products (still waiting on my package to arrive). It sounds like we have the same skin type so I am curious how strong of peel you are using.


I am using a peel from CMI Peel Therapy line - its basis is enzymatic in nature as noted from the website: "Encapsulate Proteolytic Enzyme. This is an active exfoliant ingredient that is of enzymatic nature. The enzyme - a protease selected for its activity and stability, is obtained by fermentation of a micro-organism that is found in sour milk (Bacillus Subtillis). It is stabilized in a solution of "Liposomes", Catezomes."

Not having used the pumpkin one I cannot compare. I don't use the CMI one too often, only when I feel my skin needs a 'deep clean' And when I do I only leave it on for 6 minutes as I don't want to overdo things and aggrivate my hyperpigmentation (5 min is the recommendation for sensitive skin on the peel bottle - regular skin is supposed to stay on for 15 minutes if that helps!)

That said, I thought I had read earlier on in this post that someone had used the pumpkin from NCN and it was too strong at the time in combo with KH. Perhaps you could try compare the two pumpkin masks and see how strong they are. Or just leave your mask on for a short time and 'build up to' longer times as your skin gets used to the two products together.

Cheers!
myamax
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 157
Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:48 am      Reply with quote
blesstd wrote:

This is good to know because I am struggling with blackheads too. I have made good progress since starting this line; actually, more progress than I've had with other products I've used. I use the Oxy FC nightly starting with squalene underneath and the mild scrub 3x per week. I'm waiting for my order of Vit H & the Prof Cleanser which will hopefully arrive soon because I can tell the difference now that I've run out of those products.

Do you think adding retinol to my AM routine, which I basically just use a moisturizer, would be helpful with getting to those blackheads? Just wondering after seeing this post.

Thanks!


I only used my retinol product 1x/week, so adding it in daily would be a big change. As others have noted, perhaps the Fruit Acids are the way to go to help with exfoliation. You could try it 1x/week and see how it goes, and increase the frequency. Some ladies on KH seem to be using them FA every other day.
tuningmyheart
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Posts: 176
Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:07 am      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
tuningmyheart, how do you like the AHA cream? Have you seen any results with it?


I see that Blues already answered your question. I have not been using it very long, my thought is much the same, exfoliation, and I do think it gives a glow. Whether it is one specific product, or the combination of my recommended routine, all I can say is that I am very pleased with the result.

I mentioned in an earlier post that I will soon be leaving for a five week camping trip and will take just the prof. cleansing cream, vk2, eye cream, and essential mask (and the osmosis shelter for sunscreen)so I am really looking forward to seeing what the difference will be without the other products. I would think that after that length of time I will know whether the aha, etc are necessary to have the skin I desire. My suspicion is that I will be glad to see them again, I think it will be an interesting test. (okay, now I am thinking I might really need to add the the vk oil to my bag- such a small bottle will not take up any space, and maybe the scrub and.... Laughing )

_________________
46 with combination skin,natural strawberry blonde, green eyes, fair complexion- using Karin Herzog and topping it off with osmosis shelter
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 1034
Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
So I'm still waiting for my package of oxygen face and essential mask to arrive but decided to go ahead and place my next order. I'm just trying to decide between the kombi 1 and kombi 2. I will be starting with the oxygen face once a day for a few days to get my skin used to it, then go to twice a day. By the time the kombi arrives I should have the baby weaned and ready to start a retinol product. But since I should already have my skin used to a 2% oxygen cream, I should be able to go straight to the kombi 2, right?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
So I'm still waiting for my package of oxygen face and essential mask to arrive but decided to go ahead and place my next order. I'm just trying to decide between the kombi 1 and kombi 2. I will be starting with the oxygen face once a day for a few days to get my skin used to it, then go to twice a day. By the time the kombi arrives I should have the baby weaned and ready to start a retinol product. But since I should already have my skin used to a 2% oxygen cream, I should be able to go straight to the kombi 2, right?


Nope. LOL. Diana, the recommendation is once a day for two weeks then add to twice a day. I wouldn't consider the OF and the VK2 to be the same animal. You'd still need to ease into the VK2. The oilier girls seem to have it easier than the non oily.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 1034
Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Nope. LOL. Diana, the recommendation is once a day for two weeks then add to twice a day. I wouldn't consider the OF and the VK2 to be the same animal. You'd still need to ease into the VK2. The oilier girls seem to have it easier than the non oily.

Ah shoot. I guess better to be safe than sorry, right? Well, off to change my shopping cart again. This time I am hitting submit before I change my mind. I am ordering the prof cleanser, mild scrub, kombi 1, and the fruit acid cream. I am going to hold off on the eye cream until I am finished my True Radiance.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Diana P wrote:
So I'm still waiting for my package of oxygen face and essential mask to arrive but decided to go ahead and place my next order. I'm just trying to decide between the kombi 1 and kombi 2. I will be starting with the oxygen face once a day for a few days to get my skin used to it, then go to twice a day. By the time the kombi arrives I should have the baby weaned and ready to start a retinol product. But since I should already have my skin used to a 2% oxygen cream, I should be able to go straight to the kombi 2, right?


Nope. LOL. Diana, the recommendation is once a day for two weeks then add to twice a day. I wouldn't consider the OF and the VK2 to be the same animal. You'd still need to ease into the VK2. The oilier girls seem to have it easier than the non oily.


I think starting with VK1 is definitely the way to go. I had been a long time Retin-A user, so I figured that the KH VK2 would be a piece of cake for me...NOPE!!! Embarassed I am still at 1x day because the Oxygen makes it more powerful, sigh.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 1034
Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
Diana P wrote:
So I'm still waiting for my package of oxygen face and essential mask to arrive but decided to go ahead and place my next order. I'm just trying to decide between the kombi 1 and kombi 2. I will be starting with the oxygen face once a day for a few days to get my skin used to it, then go to twice a day. By the time the kombi arrives I should have the baby weaned and ready to start a retinol product. But since I should already have my skin used to a 2% oxygen cream, I should be able to go straight to the kombi 2, right?


Nope. LOL. Diana, the recommendation is once a day for two weeks then add to twice a day. I wouldn't consider the OF and the VK2 to be the same animal. You'd still need to ease into the VK2. The oilier girls seem to have it easier than the non oily.


I think starting with VK1 is definitely the way to go. I had been a long time Retin-A user, so I figured that the KH VK2 would be a piece of cake for me...NOPE!!! Embarassed I am still at 1x day because the Oxygen makes it more powerful, sigh.

I've never used retin-a before so hopefully I don't have any problems with it. It's so weird because my skin has been behaving itself for the last couple years (since I got pregnant) but now that I'm in the process of weaning I can see the odd red bump under the skin, like a pimple just waiting to happen, and also lots of those small bumps under the skin that you can only see under the right light, which I'm assuming are caused by clogged pores. I'm not sure if it's my hormones going wacky? I can't wait till my products get here because I'm hoping the KH will clear it up. Hopefully my first package will come tomorrow.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Diana,
I just want to remind you that I did have a little purging. Nothing major but a few little bumps in the beginning that were pretty easily extracted. That was mentioned in the beginning of the thread so I thought I'd reiterate it. Some of us got these hard little bumps that also went away after a week or so.

Bethany,
I'm sorry you're having problems with the vk2. wish KH would come out with travel sizes so you could try the Vk1 for a few weeks and move up if necessary to the 2 with less expense and waste.

Update on the Silhouette and Toner. Tomorrow will be two weeks for me and so far I'm very impressed. I see definite smoothening on the legs. The Tonus is quite a nice product. I find it very, very hydrating in a sink into your skin way. Nothing that seems to sit on top of the skin. I love my Monai de Tahiti body butter but the Tonus is much more healing and hydrating. I can see a real difference in the quality of my skin. More in two more weeks when I hit a month.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Bethany,
I'm sorry you're having problems with the vk2. wish KH would come out with travel sizes so you could try the Vk1 for a few weeks and move up if necessary to the 2 with less expense and waste.


That is a very good idea! I requested some samples from JoE when I placed 2 orders, but I didn't exactly get the generous allotment that others have recived in the past. In fact, I didn't even get what I asked for, lol.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
Bethany,
I'm sorry you're having problems with the vk2. wish KH would come out with travel sizes so you could try the Vk1 for a few weeks and move up if necessary to the 2 with less expense and waste.


That is a very good idea! I requested some samples from JoE when I placed 2 orders, but I didn't exactly get the generous allotment that others have recived in the past. In fact, I didn't even get what I asked for, lol.

You know, I don't think I've been given that many samples myself. I wonder if KH is running short of them or something. No one seems to have many.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 656
Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:42 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:

Cookie,
My skin looked pretty good prior to starting the AHA but I felt I needed a little bit of exfoliation. Surprisingly, it seems to increase that glow and I think that some faint lines on my forehead seem less noticeable. (was starting to see some faint horizontals)


Blues, which AHA are you using - AHA Fruit Acid or Vita-A-Kombi with AHA?

_________________
44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:19 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

Cookie,
My skin looked pretty good prior to starting the AHA but I felt I needed a little bit of exfoliation. Surprisingly, it seems to increase that glow and I think that some faint lines on my forehead seem less noticeable. (was starting to see some faint horizontals)


Blues, which AHA are you using - AHA Fruit Acid or Vita-A-Kombi with AHA?


Hi Rubby,
I'm using the FA/AHA but I did have a sample of the VKApricot. I liked the VKA but I think I prefer the FA/AHA

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 656
Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:33 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:

Hi Rubby,
I'm using the FA/AHA but I did have a sample of the VKApricot. I liked the VKA but I think I prefer the FA/AHA


I definitely need more cleansing and exfoliation, but I think I'll first give the Prof. Cleanser a try. I find that my skin is still a bit congested (I do have major hormonal problems that cause my acne and breakouts), and I hope that the cleanser will help with that. I may actually add a mild scrub as well.

I would love to try an exfoliator, but I didn't have a good experience with the fruit acid in the past (not a KH product).

I do love VK2 and am thinking that I might like Vita-A-Kombi AHA better than the FA/AHA. However, I will start with the Prof. Clean. + Scrub, and go from there.

_________________
44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:49 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

Hi Rubby,
I'm using the FA/AHA but I did have a sample of the VKApricot. I liked the VKA but I think I prefer the FA/AHA


I definitely need more cleansing and exfoliation, but I think I'll first give the Prof. Cleanser a try. I find that my skin is still a bit congested (I do have major hormonal problems that cause my acne and breakouts), and I hope that the cleanser will help with that. I may actually add a mild scrub as well.

I would love to try an exfoliator, but I didn't have a good experience with the fruit acid in the past (not a KH product).

I do love VK2 and am thinking that I might like Vita-A-Kombi AHA better than the FA/AHA. However, I will start with the Prof. Clean. + Scrub, and go from there.

I think that's a good place to start. The cleanser really is like vacuuming your skin.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
jf
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Nov 2007
Posts: 192
Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Ooooh you guys are making it very hard to withstand ordering KH. I have spent days reading this thread. Sounds like almost everyome is getting impressive results! What is stopping me from ordering is my melasma...my understanding is that KH doesn't really address melasma. Is that correct? Anyone have melasma and just using KH?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
jf wrote:
Ooooh you guys are making it very hard to withstand ordering KH. I have spent days reading this thread. Sounds like almost everyome is getting impressive results! What is stopping me from ordering is my melasma...my understanding is that KH doesn't really address melasma. Is that correct? Anyone have melasma and just using KH?


I'm a dummy. I meant to ask this the other day. What exactly is Melasma and how is it different from sun spots? *hanging head in shame*

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 734
Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
ask, and ye shall receive.......


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melasma
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
ask, and ye shall receive.......


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melasma


You're such a Joanie on the spot.
I had the pregnancy mask with my youngest but it was gone within months. I still don't see how it's different from "sun spots".

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
ask, and ye shall receive.......


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melasma


Hmmm....this is making me wonder if the plethora of pigmented spots that showed up along my jawline about 2 years ago when I started taking progesterone can be classified as melasma.

I have a derm appointment on 6/27, and will definitely be asking about that!!

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
jf
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Nov 2007
Posts: 192
Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
melasma is hyperpigmentation at a deeper level of the skin compared to sun spots. A lot of experts say that the cause of melasma is hormones. Thus, the "pregnancy mask" that women sometimes get. Also, melasma will tend to "move" around your face a bit. I have two lines of melasma on each cheek bone. Over the years (yes I have been dealing with this for years and years...) the dark lines have moved down my cheeks.

A lot of people with melasma attempt to treat it from the inside with vitamins and healthy diet. Because its so deep in the skin, usually lasers won't help. Its the pits.
jf
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Nov 2007
Posts: 192
Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
bethany - you might have melasma. Some doctors say that birth control pills, growth hormones and estrogen can encourage the melasma. Let us know what your dermatologist says.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
jf wrote:
melasma is hyperpigmentation at a deeper level of the skin compared to sun spots. A lot of experts say that the cause of melasma is hormones. Thus, the "pregnancy mask" that women sometimes get. Also, melasma will tend to "move" around your face a bit. I have two lines of melasma on each cheek bone. Over the years (yes I have been dealing with this for years and years...) the dark lines have moved down my cheeks.

A lot of people with melasma attempt to treat it from the inside with vitamins and healthy diet. Because its so deep in the skin, usually lasers won't help. Its the pits.


Thanks Jf.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:55 am      Reply with quote
jf wrote:
bethany - you might have melasma. Some doctors say that birth control pills, growth hormones and estrogen can encourage the melasma. Let us know what your dermatologist says.


Ugh...that is what I am afraid of. I have had it Fraxeled, Tri-Luma'd, Vit A'd, Vit C'd, rolled, and KH'd...and it doesn't budge. Rolling Eyes

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 734
Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:51 am      Reply with quote
From the American Academy of Dermatology:

The precise cause of melasma is unknown. People with a family history of melasma are more likely to develop melasma themselves. A change in hormonal status may trigger melasma. It is commonly associated with pregnancy and called chloasma, or the "mask of pregnancy." Birth control pills may also cause melasma, however, hormone replacement therapy used after menopause has not been shown to cause the condition.

http://www.aad.org/public/publications/pamphlets/common_melasma.html
System
Automatic Message
Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Anthony Logistics Instant Fix Oil Control (85 g / 3 oz) Tanda ZAP - White Payot Techni Liss First First Wrinkles Smoothing Care (50 ml / 1.6 floz)