Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



StriVectin Instant Revitalizing Mask (90 ml / 3 floz) Decleor Prolagene Lift, Lift & Firm Day Cream - Normal Skin (50 ml / 1.7 oz) Sothys Anti-Ageing Comfort Cream - Grade 2 (50 ml / 1.69 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 656
Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:23 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
rubby wrote:

I am currently suffering from a major breakout Sad .


Oh YIKES. Can you call the Toronto spa or JoE? Are these cystic type spots? If I were you I'd back off everything but the Oxy face. Let us know Rubby.


I think I have a new theory about my mysterious breakouts.
About 4 weeks ago I started drinking significant amounts of Licorice & Spice tea. I really liked it and would have as many as 4 cups a day. According to several posts in the Licorice Tea thread here at EDS, licorice can cause depletion of potassium and can even significantly increase blood pressure.
I am now wondering if this tea is somehow related to my recent skin problems?! Think
I've stopped drinking it and will see what happens.

_________________
44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Rubby,
It's worth a shot but I do hate you're having problems. I'd still cut everything out but Oxy face and see what happens.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Diana,
How are you doing? Still having some problems with the rash?

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
blesstd
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Nov 2007
Posts: 233
Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used the Vit A Apricot Cream (2% oxy, A & E, Apricot Oil) or the Vit A K AHA (1% oxy & fruit acid cream)? I'm thinking of adding either one to my current routine:

At night -
Prof Cleanser
Vit H
Oxy FC

2-3 x a week
Mild Scrub

I still have those stubborn blackheads but not nearly as many as I started out with. I think my mature skin with fine wrinkles would love a Vit A product but I don't know which one. I'm leaning towards the Vit A Apricot Cream but then maybe I need the Vit A Kombi AHA because it has the fruit acid? And where should I add it in my current routine - perhaps in the morning since I do everything else at night?

Thanks for your ideas!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 1034
Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Diana,
How are you doing? Still having some problems with the rash?

Doing great so far. The rash on my arm was gone by the next morning. I went ahead and used the essential mask and oxygen face over my entire face with no problems at all. When I got up the next morning my face felt oily around my nose which made me a bit nervous. I didn't see any miracles but I was so relieved to not see a red rash that I was happy. Smile My skin felt very soft too.

So I have been using the oxygen face morning and night and by yesterday noticed that the skin on my nose is drying out, yet the rest of my face feels oily, but doesn't look oily. One thing I noticed too is that the area between my eyebrows is pink and itchy, so I'm not sure if this is just my skin getting used to the products. So far I have not had any breakouts. I have had one small bump beside my eye for months, you know the kind that just looks like a small raised area, not red or anything, and you just want to squeeze it but know you'll make it worse. I've had this bump for months, and it is already almost disappeared, so I know the cream is doing something.

I just received another order today with the kombi 1, cleansing cream and mild scrub. How is the kombi under MMU? Should I use the kombi in the morning and oxygen face at night?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
Diana,
How are you doing? Still having some problems with the rash?

Doing great so far. The rash on my arm was gone by the next morning. I went ahead and used the essential mask and oxygen face over my entire face with no problems at all. When I got up the next morning my face felt oily around my nose which made me a bit nervous. I didn't see any miracles but I was so relieved to not see a red rash that I was happy. Smile My skin felt very soft too.

So I have been using the oxygen face morning and night and by yesterday noticed that the skin on my nose is drying out, yet the rest of my face feels oily, but doesn't look oily. One thing I noticed too is that the area between my eyebrows is pink and itchy, so I'm not sure if this is just my skin getting used to the products. So far I have not had any breakouts. I have had one small bump beside my eye for months, you know the kind that just looks like a small raised area, not red or anything, and you just want to squeeze it but know you'll make it worse. I've had this bump for months, and it is already almost disappeared, so I know the cream is doing something.

I just received another order today with the kombi 1, cleansing cream and mild scrub. How is the kombi under MMU? Should I use the kombi in the morning and oxygen face at night?


Diana,
Good news then. The only mmu I use is a liquid but it's no problem and I use VK2 in the morning and evening. It sounds like you're just having some adjustment to the products. I've had a couple of times where my nose felt oily and that was a new one for me! I also had some dryness but mine was around my mouth. All of those things did normalize. I'd suggest using a moisturizer you know works for you on your nose area. See if that helps. Make sure you're only using a pea size amount as well.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 1034
Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Blues, are you still using the cleansing cream? Do I start with a wet face?
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 1034
Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Blues, are you still using the cleansing cream? Do I start with a wet face?

Oops, never mind. I just realized the back of the container says to massage into unmoistened skin. I wasn't sure if I would like this and at first I didn't because it really does feel like I am rubbing vaseline on my face. But after I washed it off with my microfibre cloth I was really impressed with how clean my face felt. I follwed it up with the scrub (love this stuff!!) and my skin is so soft. I really hope I don't go through the small purging that others are having.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Even though I am only using KH 1 to 2x a week now, I am still experincing the small purging. I actually look at it as a good thing....it is bringing stuff to the surface sooner rather than later. I think Blues called it clearing the slate?

I had a clogged pore the other day that I could not extract, even using a bobby pin (my favorite extraction tool). I put some VK3 on it twice that day, including right before I went to bed. By the time I woke up, the clog has surfaced, and it was HUGE... Shock ...I couldn't believe that mega thing had been stored under my skin. I'm just glad to get it OUT, so that it won't surface again down the road, like one of those repeat zits that never really goes away!

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Diana P wrote:
Blues, are you still using the cleansing cream? Do I start with a wet face?

Oops, never mind. I just realized the back of the container says to massage into unmoistened skin. I wasn't sure if I would like this and at first I didn't because it really does feel like I am rubbing vaseline on my face. But after I washed it off with my microfibre cloth I was really impressed with how clean my face felt. I follwed it up with the scrub (love this stuff!!) and my skin is so soft. I really hoouldpe I don't go through the small purging that others are having.


Diana
I was one who moistened my face before using the cleanser and I can attest that it does work better on a dry face. In fact, I've wondered if I would have had some of the little purging I did had I followed directions at first.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Blesst,
Sorry, was waiting to see if someone else answered you. LOL. I'm tired of seeing my name here. Wink

I've only tried a sample of the Vita K Apricot and I found it nice. It seemed more moisturizing to me than the VK2. However, someone, it may be Marina found it less moisturizing than the VK2. I'm dry and she's oily so what that means, I've no idea. If you're wanting to work on the fine lines I've read that you're better off going with the Fruit Acids and a Vita K and not the combined product. Maybe Cookie will pop in because I think she used one of those, maybe the VKApricot.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Even though I am only using KH 1 to 2x a week now, I am still experincing the small purging. I actually look at it as a good thing....it is bringing stuff to the surface sooner rather than later. I think Blues called it clearing the slate?

I had a clogged pore the other day that I could not extract, even using a bobby pin (my favorite extraction tool). I put some VK3 on it twice that day, including right before I went to bed. By the time I woke up, the clog has surfaced, and it was HUGE... Shock ...I couldn't believe that mega thing had been stored under my skin. I'm just glad to get it OUT, so that it won't surface again down the road, like one of those repeat zits that never really goes away!


Good Golly Bethany, that must of been a monster. I never really believed in the purging thing until I experienced the oxy face.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Good Golly Bethany, that must of been a monster. I never really believed in the purging thing until I experienced the oxy face.


Monster was an understatement...it was MASSIVE! Shock And thanks to KH is it GONE!! Very Happy

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
cahoot
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 May 2007
Posts: 152
Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to Bluesheart's review, I have now been using VK-2 for the past 3 weeks. I mostly only use it at night (every night) and occasionally in the morning as well. When I wake up in the morning, my skin feels so rested and comfortable (I jumped straight into VK-2 as my skin is oily and acne-prone). My breakouts have been drastically minimized, and the few that dare to pop up went away after a day or two , which is amazing for me because they usually set up camp and stick around for about a week.

I have been so impressed that I have since put 6 KH items (Choco Cleansing Cream, Oxy Face, Scrub, Eye Cream, and Silhouette and Vit H cream) into my EDS cart but was waiting to be really sure before hitting the Checkout Button. Thanks to EDS' Green Sale, I think I'm gonna take the plunge!! Laughing
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Nov 2003
Posts: 2229
Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:42 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Blesst,
Sorry, was waiting to see if someone else answered you. LOL. I'm tired of seeing my name here. Wink

I've only tried a sample of the Vita K Apricot and I found it nice. It seemed more moisturizing to me than the VK2. However, someone, it may be Marina found it less moisturizing than the VK2. I'm dry and she's oily so what that means, I've no idea. If you're wanting to work on the fine lines I've read that you're better off going with the Fruit Acids and a Vita K and not the combined product. Maybe Cookie will pop in because I think she used one of those, maybe the VKApricot.


Yes well, summer's here and changed things a bit. Actually, the Vit-Apricot is wonderful and sinks in easier than the VK2. Right now I do find it makes me oilier than the VK2 because of the high humidity here. Wearing the AHA during the day is doing the same thing. I think the best thing for oily skin is the VK2 and using the AHA a few times a week BUT leaving it on for 10 minutes and then rinsing off. Someone here is using it that way and that was actually the advice given on the KH site for oily skin. The strange thing is, everyone finds the H cream really moisturizing and this one dosen't make me oilier, but I really do use just a pea-size of this one..it spreads easily and I can actually massage it in.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 656
Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:00 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I had a clogged pore the other day that I could not extract, even using a bobby pin (my favorite extraction tool). I put some VK3 on it twice that day, including right before I went to bed. By the time I woke up, the clog has surfaced, and it was HUGE... Shock ...I couldn't believe that mega thing had been stored under my skin. I'm just glad to get it OUT, so that it won't surface again down the road, like one of those repeat zits that never really goes away!


Bethany, this is great stuff! It sounds like something I could use.

So, I have a question. I am reading all these good stuff about VK3, which is not one of the things I have in my basket here at EDS. I do, however, have Body Oxy 3% that I'm going to get. So, here is the question - Do you think Body Oxy 3% would work as a spot treatment for pimples and clogged pores? Or, do I need VK3 as well? As I'm sure you can tell - I'm trying to control the amount of $$ I'm spending here, as my basket is already pretty full and my bank acct pretty empty Rolling Eyes .
Let me know what do you think.

_________________
44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
blesstd
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Nov 2007
Posts: 233
Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Blues & Marina, thanks for responding. I have been oily all my life and as I got older, mostly my t-zone remained oily and my cheeks were leaning towards dry. Lately, my t-zone is less oily and overall, my skin appears more balanced. I can only attribute this to using this line. My skin is not clear (still have blackheads - although much improved - melasma, large pores, etc.) but I don't expect a miracle in such a short time nor do I think my issues will be completely fixed by skin care - probably need more drastic measures - but I'm very happy with what I'm seeing so far!

About the Vit H, since using it faithfully every night, I've noticed my skin just drinks it up! When I first tried the sample, it did seem more like a moisturizer so I didn't understand why JoE said I could add a moisturizer AFTER the Vit H & Oxy FC. Last night I ended with a moisturizer and this morning my skin feels even nicer.

I think I will try the Vit A Apricot Cream and keep the fruit acid separate like you said.

Thanks again!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:54 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
So, I have a question. I am reading all these good stuff about VK3, which is not one of the things I have in my basket here at EDS. I do, however, have Body Oxy 3% that I'm going to get. So, here is the question - Do you think Body Oxy 3% would work as a spot treatment for pimples and clogged pores? Or, do I need VK3 as well? As I'm sure you can tell - I'm trying to control the amount of $$ I'm spending here, as my basket is already pretty full and my bank acct pretty empty Rolling Eyes .
Let me know what do you think.


Rubby, I definitely think that the Body 3% can be used as a spot treatment...I just started doing that myself yesterday.

VK3 has the Vit A in it for rejuventation, but if you are just spot treating zits, the Oxygen is what really matters to kill bacteria and propel the blech to the top.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Oct 2004
Posts: 351
Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone noticed an increase in facial hair since they started using this line? Maybe because the hairs are white and I am a brunette, but it seems like I have hair on my cheeks that I have never had before.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 656
Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:36 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
rubby wrote:
So, I have a question. I am reading all these good stuff about VK3, which is not one of the things I have in my basket here at EDS. I do, however, have Body Oxy 3% that I'm going to get. So, here is the question - Do you think Body Oxy 3% would work as a spot treatment for pimples and clogged pores? Or, do I need VK3 as well? As I'm sure you can tell - I'm trying to control the amount of $$ I'm spending here, as my basket is already pretty full and my bank acct pretty empty Rolling Eyes .
Let me know what do you think.


Rubby, I definitely think that the Body 3% can be used as a spot treatment...I just started doing that myself yesterday.

VK3 has the Vit A in it for rejuventation, but if you are just spot treating zits, the Oxygen is what really matters to kill bacteria and propel the blech to the top.


Oh, good!! This is exactly what I was thinking. Very Happy . So, it's gonna be the Oxy Body 3% for me, than.

_________________
44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cahoot, I'm so glad things are working well for you. Hoping it continues. Don't add too much too soon.

Cookie,
I'm a brunette and I have not noticed more hair. In fact, I swear glycolic acids made my upper lip hairier. Once I went off acids, no hair.

Like Marina, the Vitamin H is not a moisturizer for me and I too only use a the proverbial pea sized amount.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
blesstd
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Nov 2007
Posts: 233
Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Cookie, I have dark hair and my face does have peach fuzz, more than I would like, but I have not noticed (yet) an increase in facial hair and I hope it stays that way.
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Oct 2004
Posts: 351
Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
blesstd, that is exactly what I have been noticing, this peach fuzz on my face and it really is starting to bug me. I would rather have it on my head since my hair is getting thinner with age.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Nov 2003
Posts: 2229
Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Just as an aside, I used the AHA cream over the VK2 and it works much better this way, no oiliness and make-up holds up much better. I actually tried this way because that's what it says on the tube...use over VK.On websites, it's usually under or alone, at least that's what I thought.

Now I have to go off and check for peach fuzz Confused
jf
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Nov 2007
Posts: 192
Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
ok sorry i'm lame...but when purchasing from EDS how do we use the 25% discount code when at checkout it automatically takes the member % off? i was looking for a way to deactivate my member discount so i could input the 25% discount. i could just not log-in so the system doesn't automatically add my member discount...
System
Automatic Message
Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Sothys Anti-Ageing Comfort Cream - Grade 2 (50 ml / 1.69 floz) Dr Dennis Gross Age Erase Moisture with Mega 10 Plus for Eyes (15 ml / 0.5 floz) June Jacobs Protective Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (47 ml / 1.6 floz)