Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie, the girl at the spa uses a glycolic and than tops it off with the Vita-A-Apricot. She said the percentage of glycolic in the Apricot cream is very small. What I have been told is that the oxygen cream pushes the actives into the skin.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:46 am      Reply with quote
cookie, can I ask the name of the spa you go to?
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:44 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl, the name of the spa is Peninsula Skin Clinic and it is located in San Mateo, south of San Francisco.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Cookie. I was hoping you were in FL, but you are across the country from me!
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to update again. Right now I'm waiting for the devil himself to come get my soul in payment for my skin looking this good. This line is an absolute miracle. So I'm at one week with the FA, OF and scrub. I was talking to a friend on the phone yesterday and told her that my skin hadn't looked this good in 10 years. I have to take that back b/c at 16 or 17 my skin didn't even look this good. The thing I am most grateful for is the confidence this line has restored. I never knew exactly how bad my skin made me feel. That for me is priceless. My pores are still shrinking with every application and I can honestly say they are a good 80% smaller now. I'm totally amazed. Fine lines are gone, my skin looks plump, tight and healthy. The color in my cheeks has returned and my oil production is balancing. Like I posted earlier, I have been using this around my eyes(lids, under and in between), my circles have diminished, light milia is reduced and firmness has been restored.

If all keeps going well I'll be a life long convert and fanatic.

Regarding the Vit C, I chickened out. Everything looks so good I don't want to take a step backwards as I'm going on vacation this weekend and don't want to worry about reactions. I will be adding it back in b/c I think the Cellbone Vit C is such a great product, just not yet!

How is everyone else doing?

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
After reading all these positive comment I caved in and just placed an order for KH products.

I had an electrolysis 10 days ago, and currently my skin is a mess - several under the skin mountains waiting to blow and erupt, and many red marks and ... , and that is besides the usual problems.

So I have my hopes up...

Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
I just wanted to update again. Right now I'm waiting for the devil himself to come get my soul in payment for my skin looking this good. This line is an absolute miracle. So I'm at one week with the FA, OF and scrub. I was talking to a friend on the phone yesterday and told her that my skin hadn't looked this good in 10 years. I have to take that back b/c at 16 or 17 my skin didn't even look this good. The thing I am most grateful for is the confidence this line has restored. I never knew exactly how bad my skin made me feel. That for me is priceless. My pores are still shrinking with every application and I can honestly say they are a good 80% smaller now. I'm totally amazed. Fine lines are gone, my skin looks plump, tight and healthy. The color in my cheeks has returned and my oil production is balancing. Like I posted earlier, I have been using this around my eyes(lids, under and in between), my circles have diminished, light milia is reduced and firmness has been restored.

If all keeps going well I'll be a life long convert and fanatic.

Regarding the Vit C, I chickened out. Everything looks so good I don't want to take a step backwards as I'm going on vacation this weekend and don't want to worry about reactions. I will be adding it back in b/c I think the Cellbone Vit C is such a great product, just not yet!

How is everyone else doing?

Vonstella!! That is wonderful and I'm so happy for you. Tell me more about the OF on the eyes.

I am seeing some issues from my dingdong move of putting Miss Oops on my face, accidentally. This is leading me to say that you need to be careful for those of you using acids that are not KH. I can only tolerate the vita oil and oxygen face, which a client brought to me this morning, I slathered it on and it is helping the burning. I can't even tolerate sunscreen at the moment. I put some on because I was going to be in the car but removed it as soon as I got home. Be careful ladies. The oxygen really does push some of this stuff DEEP. Von, have a great vacation. Smart move about the C.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
After reading all these positive comment I caved in and just placed an order for KH products.

I had an electrolysis 10 days ago, and currently my skin is a mess - several under the skin mountains waiting to blow and erupt, and many red marks and ... , and that is besides the usual problems.

So I have my hopes up...

Lucy.

Youch Lucy, that sounds sore. If I were you, I'd only use the Oxygen Face until things clear up. I hope you do well!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart,

thanks. I will be careful (I will try ..., since usually I am quite cavalier and try it all at once, and then my face pays for it).

Thanks again,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
I got my goodies yesterday. Read through the paperwork today. I was thinking about holding off for 1-2 weeks so I could continue to use what I have been, but the more I come to this thread, the more I lean towards just starting the KH and forgetting about everything else for a while. This is what I have decided to do, so tonight I will start with the professional cleanser and the Kombi 1 sample that I received. I'll keep you posted on my progress or lack thereof!

I did use the KH eye cream on just my lips this morning as I read that it was good for lips too. I haven't used anything but L2K for almost 1 year and I gotta say, this felt nice on my lips!
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I'm curious about people's experiences with applying these products. The directions say you aren't supposed to massage them in, how does the application process work? TIA
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the Vita-Apricot Cream for four nights now (samples from friend). This morning I noticed my skin showed more fine lines then usual. Skin looked a little dry and dull. I gather I should use it every other night. This product sounds like it is strong and I should ease my way into it. In checking out the prices of KH I find them reasonable. The chocolate sounds wonderful. Drool My interest has been grabbed. Rolling Eyes

FYI I have also started FlexEffect. Four days of flexing for me. My aching face! Perhaps my skin is off from the stress of this also.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Jom, these are directions I got directly from JoElla. HTH.

"Put a small amount on your fingertips. Swish your fingers together so you have product on both fingertips. Then Lightly put some on your forehead, nose checks and chin. Then tap it in. it is easy."
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Jom, these are directions I got directly from JoElla. HTH.

"Put a small amount on your fingertips. Swish your fingers together so you have product on both fingertips. Then Lightly put some on your forehead, nose checks and chin. Then tap it in. it is easy."

jom, that's what I do but I never knew to swish fingers together. LOL. To add, don't go over the areas you've covered for maximum oxygen. I found that the less my fingers touch, the better. I apply mine with the end of my spatula, dot it with the end and ten tap, tap.

Winnie,
Were you only using the Vita K Apricot or were you using something else underneath? I think the prices are reasonable too. Not inexpensive but not over the top like some.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie! I just remembered. What you're describing can happen from the skin adjusting to the oxygen. Try putting a moisturizer on top. See what happens.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Bluesheart,

Thank you! I have to admit that the biggest reason I havent add the C back yet is b/c the vacation Im going on is with two co-workers, one of whom happens to be very attractive! Razz

Regarding the OF around my eyes, what would you like to know?

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Does it feel odd when you put the OF on the lids? What benefits do you see from applying to the lids and brows? I can feel the oxygen working when I apply it to my face so I'm wondering if you get that on the lids?
Enjoy that attractive co worker. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Sorry for being dense, what is OF?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:41 am      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
Sorry for being dense, what is OF?

Lucy,
OF is the Oxygen Face cream.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Thanks.

I am anxiously awaiting my order from Joella.
Hopefully it would work for me as well.

Thanks again,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Does it feel odd when you put the OF on the lids? What benefits do you see from applying to the lids and brows? I can feel the oxygen working when I apply it to my face so I'm wondering if you get that on the lids?
Enjoy that attractive co worker. Wink

Ok, lets see. No, it doesnt feel weird at all, I can feel it working but its not uncomfortable in the least. The benefits are tighter, brighter lids, they seem plumper too, I just look very well rested--even when Im not. I guess thats the biggest thing is any sign of fatigue has been erased.

LOL Thanks! I sure will! Very Happy

scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, back with another update. I redid the Essential Mask flight trick on my way back and I'll be darned, but it worked again just as advertised! I wasn't wearing any makeup other than a smidge of eye dusting so I didn't look totally like a refugee and still got eyed up (well surprised by it, trust me).

Anyway, what I'm using now is pretty much the whole line (well, what I bought) so in the AM, I cleanse w/the Cleansing Milk using my Clarisonic. Every few days, I add some of the Scrub to the mix and do not use it w/the Clarisonic. Then, I rinse and apply the Vita Kombi 2 and the eye cream. At night, I use the Chocolate Cleansing Cream (no breakouts at all), rinse, Vita Kombi 2 and eye cream. I plan to use the Essential Mask 2x/week - it really is a facial in a tube! Next is to add the Vitamin H for PM, Silhouette, Tonus B12, Oxygen for the Body - oh and maybe the toner and body cleanser. Good grief!

Must say that I'm in love with this line. Never thought I'd ever say that about one line - ever - thanks Blues and Karin Herzog!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad you're liking it, Scally. I have to admit when I started looking and saw the ingredients I blanched but I'm glad I decided to try it. My H was shipped out today so maybe I'll have it by the week-end. I'll let you all know what I think. Has anyone tried the recommended facial with the Oxygen mask using saran wrap? I'm really curious about this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Has anyone tried the recommended facial with the Oxygen mask using saran wrap? I'm really curious about this.

What is this? I'll do it tonight and report back if you can provide the details!

havana8

Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
Brighten up dull skin for that special evening: Start with Karin Herzog Mild Scrub to remove dead skin. Follow with their Oxygen Mask. For best results, leave the mask on the skin for 15 to 20 minutes and to increase penetration, cover with Saran Wrap. You'll glow in the dark.

http://www.skinterra.com/education/skintips.html

...treating yourself to an oxygen facial may be the best introduction to the product line. "It's a deceptively simple process," Spanek says,"that achieves great results." In fact, all the equipment Spanek really needs, she says, is the Herzog products and some Saran Wrap. "But I know my clients like the bells and whistles," she says. Which is why Visage oxygen facials are sheer pampered luxury, and come, with dim lightening, Bach and Vivaldi violin concertos playing softly in the background and the delicious steam machine. After a cleansing and a scrub with Herzog product, Spanek applies oxygen emulsion face cream and covers it with Saran Wrap. Then comes extraction, a neck and shoulder massage with Herzog Vitamin A oil, the application of Vitamin A oxygen mask, and a final application of the appropriate Vita-A-Kombi cream.

http://visagestudio.com/gentry.html

Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |