Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



glominerals Dual Essence Clutch Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber De-Tox Hydrating Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) B Kamins Nia-Stem Kx Starter Kit (4 items)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Oct 2004
Posts: 351
Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Julie you will love it. I use it under my eye also and I really can't explain what it does, but the combo of that and the Kombi is fabulous. I stray and try new products from time to time and have tried soooooo many different lines, but KH is by far the best, and I will never be without the H cream, Kombi, mask, and cleanser.
blesstd
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Nov 2007
Posts: 233
Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
Juliemarie wrote:
After TRYING to read this thread Confused I have just ordered the Vit K and the Choco2. What do you think, good choices??
I also ordered the Castile cleanser from PSF, anyone else used this?


Prior to KH, I tried the Gentle Castile Cleanser from PSF and really liked it. In fact, I intended to order it but was sidetracked by this KH thread. I now use the KH Prof Cleanser and really like how it cleans my face yet feels soft afterwards. It's a thicker texture (like vaseline) and feels different; it's unlike a regular cleanser in the way it feels so I couldn't compare it to the PSF one. I'm not saying it's better, it's just different.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Jun 2006
Posts: 1591
Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Wanted to throw in my 2 cents.

Ordered the KH Foot Cream and OF. Haven't used the Foot Cream yet but I've been using the OF daily in the AM for 2 weeks now. I haven't noticed any significant decrease in acne/blackheads or pore size (though I don't have much acne/blackheads anymore) but I do notice a decrease in oil production. It's humid here in HK and I used to be uber oily by lunch time but now I can blot after I get off work and the blotter sheet WILL NOT be soaking with oil.

So I'm pretty happy with it but it can get a bit drying so if you have dry skin I do recommend using an oil underneath.

Will update again if I notice any significant changes.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Just read the newest email from JoElla. She wrote about the pure skin junkie products for a facial. Very interesting.

As most of you know I am (like Blues) a KH convert and lover. It is my staple product and the rest of the skincare world revolves around it. I use a little retin A(twice a week at night), a little Osmosis Calm, I use the 302 C Boost twice a week also. And have been using up my Remergent DNA product - mornings only with VK2 in the evening as well as KH eye cream - love this stuff.

I'm interested if anyone has tried the PSJ products and what the opinion is. I'm considering them as an adjunct (twice monthly facial) to the beloved KH. And wanted any input others may have about this line as an adjunct tX.

Thanks... Sis
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:06 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Just read the newest email from JoElla. She wrote about the pure skin junkie products for a facial. Very interesting.

As most of you know I am (like Blues) a KH convert and lover. It is my staple product and the rest of the skincare world revolves around it. I use a little retin A(twice a week at night), a little Osmosis Calm, I use the 302 C Boost twice a week also. And have been using up my Remergent DNA product - mornings only with VK2 in the evening as well as KH eye cream - love this stuff.

I'm interested if anyone has tried the PSJ products and what the opinion is. I'm considering them as an adjunct (twice monthly facial) to the beloved KH. And wanted any input others may have about this line as an adjunct tX.

Thanks... Sis


Hey Sis,
I can't help you with the PSJ products. You'll have to let us know if you decide to try them. For me, I've found the less crap I put on my face, brands, products ect, the better off my skin is. I got curious and decided to try John Hill's anti wrinkle cream so I'm using it after my Kombi at night. I think I'm going to just use it around my eyes either before or after my KH. I'm not sure I like it on my face. If I need moisture occasionally I'll stick with the Yes to Carrots.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
blesstd
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Nov 2007
Posts: 233
Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
sistersweets, what results have you had with the KH eye cream? I remember you were testing KH on one eye and 302 on the other. Are you using only the KH product now?
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Dec 2004
Posts: 360
Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I just want to jump in here and let others know -- especially the Curious Without Funds (aren't we all?) -- that I am using the Oxygen Cream (sort of for teens, they say, $36 for a LOT of product) and am getting lovely results. I have too much other stuff to abandon it all right now for one line, frankly. But when I use up my camellia oil, emu oil, mama lotion, IFP AHA/BHA, CP, Elizabeth Arden, Osea, jojoba, Avon, Avene, Guinot, Lush, Ari's Spa, Dream products,and Sage... I might get more KH. There are several posts here that say "I'd skip the O2 cream", but, actually, that's where I'd START. Especially if you have 2 (TWO) baskets of products in your bed filled with moisturizers and actives. The 02 cream has 2% Oxygen in it, it will introduce the KH line and let you know how the Oxygen delivery system affects your skin. You do NOT have to abandon all your other (fine) products.

Or you can throw it all in the fire and go Obagi. Laughing

This forum is really too expensive for me. But, hey, I don't eat out or go to movies.

Anyway, my point: start with the Oxygen cream. A great basic.

_________________
tenderlovingwork.com, astonishing handmade gifts
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Feb 2003
Posts: 1044
Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone.....I have a question about the Essential Mask that perhaps someone can answer for me. Should it be used around the eye area as well?? Can't seem to find any info concerning this.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 452
Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Juliemarie wrote:
Oops! I meant Vit H.
I am actually a bit concerned in hindsight, about ordering the oxygen Choco2. I have used the PSF O2 spray and noticed no effect at all. I wonder now if Oxygen is for people with blemishes. I just have normal middle aged skin, so the Choco2 might not be of any benefit for my skin Embarassed


Hey JuliaMarie, just wanted to let you know that the PSF Oxygen Spray did nothing for me (I was so.. bummed about it that I ordered a second, over-priced sample of it to be absolutely certain) but the KH Oxyen products have made substantial and nearly immediate changes in my skin. Honestly, after substantial research, IMHO, there is no comparison in the delivery methods of the two products/lines.

Keep us posted when you get started on your products!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
blesstd wrote:
sistersweets, what results have you had with the KH eye cream? I remember you were testing KH on one eye and 302 on the other. Are you using only the KH product now?


Hello,
I am using the KH eye cream exclusively now. Previously for about a month or more I was using Brand X (which was TNS illuminating eye cream or 302 or one other high end brand on my left eye) and using KH on my right. My right eye was more of the problem area so I thought I'd really see what the KH was made of. I have a small scar and it tends to wrinkle/crinkle a little bit.

I used each of the respective creams both day and night faithfully. (wanted to use up some of my expensive other eye products!).

The first few weeks I cannot say as I noticed anything specific but as time went on the biggest difference was a clarity and a lighter, brighter look under the eye on the right side. It became more and more noticeable over time And I don't have dark circles but it was clearly a difference. Also a smoother, more supple look was obvious.

To be fair the 302 eye serum was not used exclusively at all so I cannot say it was a comparison of the two products.

Hey, Maybe I'll start that next month!!!!

Sis
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Oct 2004
Posts: 351
Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee, I use the mask around my eyes and put saran wrap on my face while the mask is on. I did it last night and my skin looks so good today.
blesstd
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Nov 2007
Posts: 233
Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
sistersweets, thanks a bunch for the review! I was very interested in your informal testing and it's great that you found one that works for you! I've had to lay off the eye creams for a while because of an allergic reaction; not sure what I was allergic to and it only occurrs on my eyes. Anyway, I've slowly been reintroducing an eye cream to see if I get a reaction. If I make it pass this without any irritation, I'd like to try the KH one next so I'm glad to hear it's working for you!

On another note, I just received my Vit A Apricot cream (that sure was fast shipping) and am so excited to try it tonight. I plan to use it in place of the Oxy FC that I've been using nightly. I'll use the Oxy for spot treatment and as a weekly mask. I'll share results after I've been using it a while.

Thanks, ladies!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 27 Feb 2007
Posts: 1034
Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
Diana P wrote:
I just noticed the ingredients for the hand cream list almond oil, so that's out for me. I was thinking of trying the 3% oxygen body on my hands instead. Do you think it would give the same results and the hand and nail cream?


Why don't you want to use the hand cream because of the almond oil? Is there something wrong with almond oil or is it just a personal preference? TIA

Just a personal preference. I actually LOVE almond oil in products, but DS is allergic to nuts so I had to give up using alot of my favourite products (including Yes to Carrots, which I am soooo upset about). Sad
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 May 2007
Posts: 1001
Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
blesstd wrote:
sistersweets, what results have you had with the KH eye cream? I remember you were testing KH on one eye and 302 on the other. Are you using only the KH product now?


Hello,
I am using the KH eye cream exclusively now. Previously for about a month or more I was using Brand X (which was TNS illuminating eye cream or 302 or one other high end brand on my left eye) and using KH on my right. My right eye was more of the problem area so I thought I'd really see what the KH was made of. I have a small scar and it tends to wrinkle/crinkle a little bit.

I used each of the respective creams both day and night faithfully. (wanted to use up some of my expensive other eye products!).

The first few weeks I cannot say as I noticed anything specific but as time went on the biggest difference was a clarity and a lighter, brighter look under the eye on the right side. It became more and more noticeable over time And I don't have dark circles but it was clearly a difference. Also a smoother, more supple look was obvious.

To be fair the 302 eye serum was not used exclusively at all so I cannot say it was a comparison of the two products.

Hey, Maybe I'll start that next month!!!!

Sis


Ooohh, Sis, I think you just made me want to get the KH eye cream! Does it help to firm up the skin around the eyes? Does it help to thicken the skin?
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 May 2007
Posts: 1001
Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Juliemarie wrote:
Oops! I meant Vit H.
I am actually a bit concerned in hindsight, about ordering the oxygen Choco2. I have used the PSF O2 spray and noticed no effect at all. I wonder now if Oxygen is for people with blemishes. I just have normal middle aged skin, so the Choco2 might not be of any benefit for my skin Embarassed


You can't compare the PSF product to these. Did you read the descriptions for the products? I've copied the below for you from the UK KH site.

If your new to Herzog facial products, we recommend the following;

Under 30
Oxygen Face Cream

This natural emulsion helps normalise the secretion of the sebum and maintains a balance of the hydro-lipid film. It tones, cleanses and gives fresh, radiant skin in an instant. Containing 2% Oxygen to really detox and fight the bacteria that causes spots, oxygen face cream is a gentle but advanced skin regulator.

This cream is also very well suited to younger users: its non-oily texture means that there is no oily residue left on the surface of the skin. Its exceptional power resides in the fact that it re-regulates skin which deviates from the norm during adolescence. (more)


Over 30
Vita A Kombi 1

Used by Doctors and Dermatologists all over the World to speed up the healing process, these products work like no other to give unprecedented exceptional results.

The quite remarkable Karin Herzog Vita-A-Kombi products can be easily termed "fertiliser" for the skin, providing in each application the necessary energy (Oxygen) and the essential raw materials to create new healthy balanced skin at an accelerated rate. Regular use will undoubtedly promote optimum skin quality. (more)
IMPORTANT

Dry and dehydrated skins of all ages should begin their Herzog regime with a layer of our Vita A Kombi Oil BEFORE before the appropriate Oxygen cream.


Thanks for posting this Bluesheart. Does it say anything about combo skin? If I don't have the Kombi oil, can I substitute it with Emu or Camellia Oil?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
Off topic, but wanted to let those interested know I got my beautylash today, took before pics and applied. So I'll start a new thread with a review in 4-6 weeks!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Ruk,
I don't think an oil underneath is necessary and I don't use it daily but if you find you need something I'd probably go with the Camellia oil before the Emu. There are no hard and fast rules so try them both and see which works. Are you still on the fence asking questions? LOL

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Off topic, but wanted to let those interested know I got my beautylash today, took before pics and applied. So I'll start a new thread with a review in 4-6 weeks!


Wheee. Can't wait. Is this your first lash growth product?

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
Happycat
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 131
Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all beauties here,

I placed the order for various KH products last Friday and just today, I got an email telling me that the essential mask I've order is on back order and therefore could not ship my order, poor me....

I just cannot wait to get and try the KH oxy FC as I don't know why, I suddenly have a number of blemishes Confused and expecting the OFC to come to rescue me.... I have asked for a sample and hope they will send me in short...

BYW, PSF O2 serum works on me and therefore I believe KH products would be better.

Will definitely report once I have these products.

sormuimui, I live in HK too. Some beauties here mentioned that the oxy FC cause shiny face, do have the same problem?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
It is my very first lash growth product, Blues!
jf
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Nov 2007
Posts: 192
Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
Happycat wrote:
Hi all beauties here,

I placed the order for various KH products last Friday and just today, I got an email telling me that the essential mask I've order is on back order and therefore could not ship my order, poor me....



I got the same email. EDS said the essential mask and apricot cream are on backorder. boo. i hope they come fast. does anyone know if EDS has KH samples?

Btw. today i received my order of the VK-3 and hand cream from JoElla. I also got a sample of something in a little tester container. There's no label on it. Very mysterious. I tried a little on my hand. Have no idea what it is. Anyone else get one of these samples?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
It is my very first lash growth product, Blues!


Oh goody, virgin lashes. Can't wait. Yogi is testing the Enormous Lash.

Happycat,
I may be wrong but I think the shiny face was from the Vita Kombis and not so much the oxygen face.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 8031
Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
jf wrote:
Btw. today i received my order of the VK-3 and hand cream from JoElla. I also got a sample of something in a little tester container. There's no label on it. Very mysterious. I tried a little on my hand. Have no idea what it is. Anyone else get one of these samples?


I did...she wrote what it was on my receipt. Mine ended up being the Choco Cleansing Cream.

_________________
No longer answering PM's due to numerous weird messages.
blesstd
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Nov 2007
Posts: 233
Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
jf wrote:
Btw. today i received my order of the VK-3 and hand cream from JoElla. I also got a sample of something in a little tester container. There's no label on it. Very mysterious. I tried a little on my hand. Have no idea what it is. Anyone else get one of these samples?


I did...she wrote what it was on my receipt. Mine ended up being the Choco Cleansing Cream.


I received a container too & it was the choc cleansing cream that I had requested which was noted on my order.
jf
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Nov 2007
Posts: 192
Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
blesstd wrote:
bethany wrote:
jf wrote:
Btw. today i received my order of the VK-3 and hand cream from JoElla. I also got a sample of something in a little tester container. There's no label on it. Very mysterious. I tried a little on my hand. Have no idea what it is. Anyone else get one of these samples?


I did...she wrote what it was on my receipt. Mine ended up being the Choco Cleansing Cream.


I received a container too & it was the choc cleansing cream that I had requested which was noted on my order.


you guys are right! thanks. its a sample of the AHA.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Pevonia Spa Clinica Pro Micro-Retinol Essential Moisturizer (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Payot Techni Liss First First Wrinkles Smoothing Care (50 ml / 1.6 floz) B Kamins Nia-Stem Kx Starter Kit (4 items)