Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:36 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
Guys, I have a couple of questions:

Professional CC - Did we agree that a pea-size blob is enough for the entire face and neck? And it should be massaged into dry skin (long massage or just to spread all over the skin?) and left to do its thing for a couple of minutes before removing with warm water and cotton pads, right?

Essential Mask - The instruction says to apply a thick layer; How thick should it be? I guess I'm wondering how big should be the blob of EM I use on my face. Also, do we just apply it and let is sit, or should it be massaged into the skin?

I tried the EM for the first time last night and I used about a pea-size blob (maybe a bit bigger). I spread it all over my face and the mask completely disappeared into my skin. I was expecting something that will sit on my skin, not get soaked in, so I am a bit concerned that I didn't do it right.

Any advice, comments, thoughts . . . ?

Hi Rubby,
Try this first with the Pro cleanser. Apply to a dry face, a pea size is fine for the face but you might need more to do the neck too, spread it on your face, and you can let it sit a a little and then you massage. You can do the lymphatic massage as posted in the thread or as outlined on the UK site, I remove with a square, cotton disposable. I would not use microfiber until after you've rinsed the face clean. Applying it dry works best for me. you can also lightly dampen your fingers and massage it in if you need to.

Essential Mask. I apply a thicker layer than I would with a kombi but it is oxygen so you want to pat pat or brush it on, it will absorb in a little, at least on me. In your case, remove and don't sleep in it like I do. Smile

Let us know how you do.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tips Brenpatsa re: the FC. It did sting on the healing spots, and I may have been using too much. I can handle just about anything on my sensitive skin if I think it'll make it look better Laughing

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:37 am      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
brenpatsa wrote:
I got eaten alive by mosquitos one night (32 bites) and I cannot believe how quickly they are healing. I usually have the red marks from bug bites for the majority of the summer (seriously!) but 10 days later, I only have 3 discernible bites/marks left. I used roll-on deodorant initially for the itching . . . .

Please do tell more . . . . Roll-on deodorant for itching??? Shock ??? Any roll-on deodorant or . . .???
(I know this is OT, but I am always on the look for effective anti-itch after-bite remedies - my daughter and I are uber sensitive to bites and their aftermath).

Quote:

. . . . and then Silhouette. That was a pleasant surprise..

Body Oxy 3% would probably work too, no?

Let me tell you...after 32 bites, I was ready to jump out of my skin from the itching. Mad Mad None of the normal topical stuff did much so I googled. I read wonderful anecdotes about the roll-on deodorant so I went right to the store to pick some up. I applied it right in the store and ahhhh...finally, some relief! I read it is the aluminum salts in the deodorant so I purchased one of the 'professional strength' ones to get the highest strength. It made a huge difference for me as it was but next time I will apply it as soon as I know I have been bitten. That along with the Silhouette of course!! Oh, and I think the Oxy Body 3% would be a good substitute for the Silhouette for this purpose.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:41 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
You can do the lymphatic massage as posted in the thread or as outlined on the UK site, I remove with a square, cotton disposable.

Blues - remind me, do you remove with wet cotton square or a dry one?
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:52 am      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
Thanks for the tips Brenpatsa re: the FC. It did sting on the healing spots, and I may have been using too much. I can handle just about anything on my sensitive skin if I think it'll make it look better Laughing

No problem; happy to help! I figured it was worth a try to see if you could get it to work for you.

I was thinking though...even if you decide that it just isn't right for your face, don't throw it away! Keep it on hand for cuts, scratches, bug bites, etc. as well as for nail application. It has 2% oxygen just like the Hand and Nail cream that has worked so, so well for me. (gosh, I am starting to sound like I get a commission on this stuff, aren't I?! Embarassed Embarassed
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:26 am      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
You can do the lymphatic massage as posted in the thread or as outlined on the UK site, I remove with a square, cotton disposable.

Blues - remind me, do you remove with wet cotton square or a dry one?

Bren,
It's a wet cotton pad.
http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100291&navAction=jump&navCount=0&id=prod1111304

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:33 am      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:

Hey Tsj,
Bren gave you good advice. Could you try it on a smaller area to be safer? The fact you felt it sitting on your skin is a good indicator you might have used too much. A pea size amount is all you need for the full face and you don't massage it in like we normally would. If you're only doing say your chin, I'd do a quarter of what you would usually apply. It should sink in within five minutes. And don't panic if you get a little breakout. They say that's to be expected and they warn to not stop using the product. You could also just use it as a mask for ten minutes, covering with the plastic wrap and your congested pores should extract easier. We want it to work for you too!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Blues-Can you point me in the direction of the lymphatic massage instructions on the KH-UK site? I am sure it is right under my nose but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
Here's a link to what Rileygirl initially posted for regarding the lymphatic drainage massage. I don't know how to get it to show the diagrams to this post. Btw, they seem to have cleaned up the UK site and I'll be damned if I can find anything anymore. Boohoo.

Scroll down the list to find Riley's post of May 1st. Thanks again, Riley!

ETA the link. Duh.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.ph
p?tid=28480&starred_only=true

Ok. That didn't work. If you click on the heart it will bring you to the thanked posts. Scroll down to Riley's post. The massage is diagrammed there. Sorry ladies, I'm a nitwit.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Here's Bluesheart's link, the full link wasn't on her post. The diagram is about half way down the page. Thanks for posting this, I've been meaning to go looking for this diagram.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28480&starred_only=true
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
Here's Bluesheart's link, the full link wasn't on her post. The diagram is about half way down the page. Thanks for posting this, I've been meaning to go looking for this diagram.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28480&starred_only=true

Thanks, Jom. That link takes me to the first page of this long...thread. I wish the system would allow us to link to a particular page.

I did find the page by clicking on the heart, as Blues mentioned.

Thanks to all! I will try the massage tonight!
Manon20
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
I just check and the toner is back here at EDS Very Happy
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone else here who dyes their lashes and uses KH? I noticed tonight my tips are golden colored so I went ahead and dyed them tonight. I just wondered if the dye job doesn't last as long?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Anyone else here who dyes their lashes and uses KH? I noticed tonight my tips are golden colored so I went ahead and dyed them tonight. I just wondered if the dye job doesn't last as long?

Very timely question! I just reordered 2 '1000 hours kits' for my brows and lashes. The KH definitely lightened my brows; I was really careless and never took the time to wipe the creams off of them. I redyed them this past weekend and noticed that I was just about out of the dye kit hence the reorder. I dyed my lashes too but hadn't noticed any particular lightening of them.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

Very timely question! I just reordered 2 '1000 hours kits' for my brows and lashes. The KH definitely lightened my brows; I was really careless and never took the time to wipe the creams off of them. I redyed them this past weekend and noticed that I was just about out of the dye kit hence the reorder. I dyed my lashes too but hadn't noticed any particular lightening of them.

The first I ever noticed it was yesterday. I think it was the right light and angle in the car. Little gold tips. I use the blue black dye so I'm hoping I got those little suckers. My brow girl says eyebrows should be two shades lighter than your hair so I'm afraid to tackle my brows alone.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:32 am      Reply with quote
me again! Very Happy ... ummm ... 2 things:
Would applying Tonus to the saggy jaw area, make a difference??
Doesn't the VK contain wheat germ oil - and isn't that comedegenic (sp) ??
Question
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Juliemarie wrote:
Question

Can't answer your question about Tonus as I've not applied there and probably wouldn't, personally.

I don't see wheat germ in the Kombi's. I think it's the night and day creams.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:26 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Juliemarie wrote:
Question

Can't answer your question about Tonus as I've not applied there and probably wouldn't, personally.

I also just noticed wheat germ in the Chocolate cleanser!

I have used the Tonus and Silhouette in the jaw/underchin area and I believe that I am seeing improvement. I haven't run into any sensitivity issues either.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:50 am      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:
Juliemarie wrote:
Question

I also just noticed wheat germ in the Chocolate cleanser!

I have used the Tonus and Silhouette in the jaw/underchin area and I believe that I am seeing improvement. I haven't run into any sensitivity issues either.

Yep, I see it know. I wonder if that's why I find it easier to spread and remove?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I tried searching for "Karin Herzog Cleansing Milk" and I got to read one post. When I clicked on the back arrow to get back to search results, I got "Web page expired" message. I tried again, and the second post referred to the first post I already read which was why it was included. Very frustrating.

So I just wanted to post another question to ask about the Cleansing Milk.

How does the Cleansing Milk differ from the Prof. Cleansing Cream?

Is it more gentle? Is it as effective at clearing your skin, especially if you're breakout prone?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:20 am      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
I tried searching for "Karin Herzog Cleansing Milk" and I got to read one post. When I clicked on the back arrow to get back to search results, I got "Web page expired" message. I tried again, and the second post referred to the first post I already read which was why it was included. Very frustrating.

Is it more gentle? Is it as effective at clearing your skin, especially if you're breakout prone?

Very gentle, great morning cleanser. I wouldn't use this one to remove make-up or get gunk outta pores, Prof. cleanser is mucho better for that. In a nut shell, I could live without the cleansing milk but just try and take the prof. cleanser away.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:26 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
ruk1 wrote:

Very gentle, great morning cleanser. I wouldn't use this one to remove make-up or get gunk outta pores, Prof. cleanser is mucho better for that. In a nut shell, I could live without the cleansing milk but just try and take the prof. cleanser away.

Thank you, Marina. Can the prof. cleanser be used in the morning as well? Is it too strong to use twice daily?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:41 am      Reply with quote
I wouldn't, it's definitely a night time cleanser and would probably be too heavy for daytime. You wouldn't need a deep cleanser for a.m. anyway, many just use a toner. If you're like me and need to clean your face in the morning to remove oily film without drying out your skin or leave a residue, the the milk is perfect. I sometimes mix the scrub along with it.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
I wouldn't, it's definitely a night time cleanser and would probably be too heavy for daytime. You wouldn't need a deep cleanser for a.m. anyway, many just use a toner. If you're like me and need to clean your face in the morning to remove oily film without drying out your skin or leave a residue, the the milk is perfect. I sometimes mix the scrub along with it.

I totally agree with Marina. I initially purchased the Prof. Cleansing Cream to use as my cleanser but quickly realized it would be overkill to use it in the am as well as the evening. I then purchased the Cleansing Milk to use in the morning and it is lovely. Of course, I am not an oily girl so I could probably just use water alone but I in the habit of using something pretty smelling when I cleanse!
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
In the EDS description of Vita A Kombi, the ingredients list:
jojoba ester wheat germ glycerides tocopheryl acetate retinol parfum.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |