Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



glominerals Dual Essence Clutch DeVita Under Eye Repair Serum (15 ml / 0.5 oz) BDB Best Sellers Kit (5 items)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Posts: 268
Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Are 28 years old too early to use vita kombi 1% and Vit H cream? My skin are very good before, but for now starting to aging skin, large pores, uneven skin tone, and whatever moisturizers I use, my skin also feel very tight! I really want to find a product to prevent aging skin, can anyone recommend am I suitable to use this line?

_________________
-------My skin type = Dry skin--------
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Jan 2008
Posts: 1759
Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
carforum wrote:
Are 28 years old too early to use vita kombi 1% and Vit H cream? My skin are very good before, but for now starting to aging skin, large pores, uneven skin tone, and whatever moisturizers I use, my skin also feel very tight! I really want to find a product to prevent aging skin, can anyone recommend am I suitable to use this line?


Hello and welcome carforum, I think you're at the perfect age to start using the H and VK-1. This line has definately diminished the size of my pores and the Vitamin H does a nice job of moisturizing my skin and making it soft.
jf
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Nov 2007
Posts: 192
Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
Diana P wrote:
Could someone suggest a good sunscreen to use on top of KH and under MMU? I have never used sunscreen and rely on the minimal protection that MMU gives. But lately I have been spending more time in the sun and recently noticed that the minor pigmentation that I have on my cheekbones and upper lip is getting way worse. I have cellex-c and oil of olay sunscreen on hand, which I tried applying on top of the OF but they just don't seem to adsorb well and my MMU looks caked on. It looks awful. But at this point I think I have no choice but to use sunscreen otherwise the pigmentation will get worse. I also will be doing a search under a good product to try to help lighten what is there, but need to find something that I can use with KH.


Skinceuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30 or Epicuren Zinc Oxide SPF 20 both work well.


I second the Epicuren rec. I apply it over KH and have no problems.
jf
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Nov 2007
Posts: 192
Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
sorry to ask a q off topic, but did you guys get the email from JoElla regarding the "fountain of youth" products? i had never heard of the brand (which I'm forgetting at the moment...)
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
jf wrote:
sorry to ask a q off topic, but did you guys get the email from JoElla regarding the "fountain of youth" products? i had never heard of the brand (which I'm forgetting at the moment...)


She seems to really like the Fanie masks. Enough so that I'm beginning to want a few to try myself. So, whose going to bite the bullet and be our KH junkie guinea pig?

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Nov 2005
Posts: 857
Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
She seems to really like the Fanie masks. Enough so that I'm beginning to want a few to try myself. So, whose going to bite the bullet and be our KH junkie guinea pig?


I was going to do a review after a couple of weeks but BlueHeart asked...., this is the 1st impression of these "Fountain of Youth" masques.

I received Fanie Fizzy Masque, Tru Skin, Unveil SkinSations, Herbal Oil and Fine Line Cream today. I used these "Fountain of Youth" peel/mask right away after I got home.

My skin is very, very tough and I've been using 40% glycolic peel weekly/bi-weekly for about 6 months (did not use it for last 2 weeks). After I put on Unveil SkinSation (gel like) my face did not sting but turned read & BURN. To a point I almost wash it off. But I wanted to see what will it do to my face and why JoElla likes it so much, I waited for about 5 min and the burn faded away. I mixed Tru Skin (very, very light gel texture) which is a activator for all Fanie masques and Fizzy Masque (white powder) applied all over my face & neck. I tried to apply it to my upper lid (Yes, you can apply this masque to your eyelids and lips) but it's too running and I did not want it to go into my eys so I wiped it out. After 5 min the masque dried up and my face felt tight. I waited for 30 min (face was very tight) and washed my face with warm water. To my surprise, my face felt soft, DO look brighter and has a glow. Very surprised was, I had 2 milias, I found the one under my eye "popped" out more I think I can extract it after shower and 1 flattened, not totally gone but much smaller.

I applied Herbal Oil (Very thick Oil) on my melasma and Fine Line Cream (Mouse texture) under my eyes and laugh lines. I'm going to do this treatment weekly to see if my face will getting brighter, firmer and if my melasma will get lighter.

*Note* checked JoElla's website, under Unveil SkinSation it said "If you have been using Glycolic Acid, AHA or other acid treatments, Do not use this until you give your skin a break." Maybe I did not wait long enough after I used 40% glycolic peel and that's why I felt burning after I put it on.

_________________
53, DermaQuest, NCN Products, PMD, Dermarolling
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Thanks MACrisis - great review. I know it's mostly off topic but since we are watching JoElla's products we can veiw it as partially appropriate anyway.
I've looked at some of the masks - was considering either the accent or the enzyme mask of course with Truskin which is supposed to be good on it's own without additive - Love the ingredient listing and..... Love the tightening. I'll be springing soon you can bet on it. I'll have to check out the Skin Station since I haven't used AHA's etc - for a good while.

How is it you decided on the fizzy masque?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Great review, MACrisis. I ordered the Enzyme Masque One, the TruSkin and the Unveil. Did you apply the mast right after the Unveil, or was that at a different time?

ETA: Does anyone know where I can get one of the brushes to apply the unveil?
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Nov 2005
Posts: 857
Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Sister Sweets & Rileygirl:

PM you both, I don't want this KH thread become Fanie thread.

_________________
53, DermaQuest, NCN Products, PMD, Dermarolling
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 452
Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:06 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Great review, MACrisis. I ordered the Enzyme Masque One, the TruSkin and the Unveil. Did you apply the mast right after the Unveil, or was that at a different time?

ETA: Does anyone know where I can get one of the brushes to apply the unveil?


At the risk of sounding like a broken record Laughing ....Arts and Crafts stores have cheap, synthetic brushes in every size and shape imaginable.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 452
Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:09 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
Sister Sweets & Rileygirl:

PM you both, I don't want this KH thread become Fanie thread.


Can we move our Fanie discussion over to this thread? I want to hear what you have to say, MAC!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30239&highlight=fanie
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Posts: 268
Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:45 am      Reply with quote
hi,
After reading this thread, I decide to buy Vit H cream and Vit A Kombi, and also decide whether should I buy the Karin Herzog Professional Cleansing, because I have too many brand of cleansing cream!
Anyone using professional cleansing cream to remove makeup? Is it clean enough or should I go for cleansing oil? Thx for help

_________________
-------My skin type = Dry skin--------
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Jan 2008
Posts: 1759
Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:47 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Great review, MACrisis. I ordered the Enzyme Masque One, the TruSkin and the Unveil. Did you apply the mast right after the Unveil, or was that at a different time?

ETA: Does anyone know where I can get one of the brushes to apply the unveil?


Here's an online store that carries facial mask brushes

http://www.goddess-within.com/fanfamabr1ea.html
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Jan 2008
Posts: 1759
Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:50 am      Reply with quote
carforum wrote:
hi,
After reading this thread, I decide to buy Vit H cream and Vit A Kombi, and also decide whether should I buy the Karin Herzog Professional Cleansing, because I have too many brand of cleansing cream!
Anyone using professional cleansing cream to remove makeup? Is it clean enough or should I go for cleansing oil? Thx for help


The professional cleansing cream is excellent for removing makeup, in my opinion it's much better than a cleansing oil.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 452
Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:

ETA: Does anyone know where I can get one of the brushes to apply the unveil?

Here's an online store that carries facial mask brushes

http://www.goddess-within.com/fanfamabr1ea.html


That's exactly what I use!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 15 Jan 2006
Posts: 9519
Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Jom! Very Happy
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the brush tips, Bren and Jom. Is that the same size and type you use for the Silhouette?

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Nov 2006
Posts: 452
Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Thanks for the brush tips, Bren and Jom. Is that the same size and type you use for the Silhouette?



No, I use the fan brush for my face and a larger, paintbrush-type brush for my body. (I think the body one is 1 1/2 inches wide).
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 390
Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:45 am      Reply with quote
Hi, just want to add I have started using the H, and am happy with it. My skin always looks good afterward.
jf
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Nov 2007
Posts: 192
Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:17 am      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
carforum wrote:
hi,
After reading this thread, I decide to buy Vit H cream and Vit A Kombi, and also decide whether should I buy the Karin Herzog Professional Cleansing, because I have too many brand of cleansing cream!
Anyone using professional cleansing cream to remove makeup? Is it clean enough or should I go for cleansing oil? Thx for help


The professional cleansing cream is excellent for removing makeup, in my opinion it's much better than a cleansing oil.


I agree with Blues. The professioonal cleasing cream is fantastic. I've been trying out the entire line for only about 1 week so I still not sure what's going to work or not. However, the professional cleansing cream is a for sure keeper. It takes off all your makeup and leaves a bright, smooth glow afterwards. I get more of a glow from the cleansing cream than I do from some of the oxygen creams.
jf
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Nov 2007
Posts: 192
Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Ok i'm too lazy to scroll back through the 79 pages of this thread Surprised ...(too bad you can't search for a keyword within a thread) anyways, how does everyone like the KH eye cream? So far (about 1 week) its ok. I think I need something that gives me more upper eyelid lift.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Hello jf - I use the eye cream and I don't think one of the main indications for it is actual lifting. I could be wrong (it's been known to happen Laughing P.

My perspective on the eye cream is that it brightens and clarifies and smooths. I did a long experiment using the KH cream vs others (all high end) and the Kh definitely came ahead in those areas.

The professional cleanser is one of my favorites. I love it. Use it every night - kind of a treat really. I look forward to it. If you don't have the essentail mask I recommend this also. It's a lovely product.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:35 am      Reply with quote
jf,
My opinion on the eye cream is that the results kind of sneak up on you. I'm not sure the lift thing happens for most but maybe try the Vitamin H with it too, per Cookie, I think that adds a little bang for the buck. *Not sure if you have the H or not.*

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
jf
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Nov 2007
Posts: 192
Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:15 am      Reply with quote
ok maybe i'm being too impatient...i have only been using the eye cream 1 week. i want everything to start working right this minute! i'll try it with the Vit H. (i have it)

I have the essential mask. love it. i always leave it on, don't wipe off after 10 min. I look forward to the cleansing cream too! the cleansers i've used in the past were soooo far inferior to KH's.

i think my problem will be deciding what my daily routine will be. I have very dry skin. I've never used a moisturizer that's too heavy. I skin would love to swim in oil all day. I like the apricot cream with VK-2 under (and sometimes some jojoba oil). I like the essential mask. I'm ok with the Vit H cream with VK-2 over but doesn't give me the glow of the apricot cream. Don't care for the AHA cream (had only big sample though.) The oxygen cream was ok but didn't see any improvements really.

scrub very good but i've had from my asthetician which seems almost idential. i think that's it so far...the nail and hand cream i think i like...VK-3: i'm actually not impressed with. maybe if i used it like the VK-2. just been putting VK-3 on hyperpigmentation but nothing much changing. (I've had the Vit-H and VK-3 about 3 weeks.) oh and have been applying with a brush. way easier to apply. and now I use way less product with the brush. i think my fingers were absorbing a lot of product.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:32 am      Reply with quote
jf wrote:
ok maybe i'm being too impatient...i have only been using the eye cream 1 week. i want everything to start working right this minute! i'll try it with the Vit H. (i have it)

I have the essential mask. love it. i always leave it on, don't wipe off after 10 min. I look forward to the cleansing cream too! the cleansers i've used in the past were soooo far inferior to KH's.

i think my problem will be deciding what my daily routine will be. I have very dry skin. I've never used a moisturizer that's too heavy. I skin would love to swim in oil all day. I like the apricot cream with VK-2 under (and sometimes some jojoba oil). I like the essential mask. I'm ok with the Vit H cream with VK-2 over but doesn't give me the glow of the apricot cream. Don't care for the AHA cream (had only big sample though.) The oxygen cream was ok but didn't see any improvements really.

scrub very good but i've had from my asthetician which seems almost idential. i think that's it so far...the nail and hand cream i think i like...VK-3: i'm actually not impressed with. maybe if i used it like the VK-2. just been putting VK-3 on hyperpigmentation but nothing much changing. (I've had the Vit-H and VK-3 about 3 weeks.) oh and have been applying with a brush. way easier to apply. and now I use way less product with the brush. i think my fingers were absorbing a lot of product.


Hi jf,
I'm dry too. I thought I'd stabilized my dryness until I started KH. It's amazing how I really don't need a moisturizer anymore on top of my kombi2. I've even had a couple days where my skin around my nose kind of oily. It's taken me five months so I think patience is the key. Have you tried the Kombi oil? The first week or two I used it it made my under eye area dry but now I just love it, once or twice a week. I read on one of the KH sites that for hyperpigmentation you're better off using the kombi 2 all over.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Pevonia Spa Clinica Pro Micro-Retinol Essential Moisturizer (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Orlane Oligo Hypoallergenique Cleanser Lotion Duo (2 items) Gatineau Melatogenine AOX Probiotics Youth Activating Beauty Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)