Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Scaly and Havana. I will try to use the cotton pads and see if that helps me!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:17 am      Reply with quote
I use the pearl sized amt - kind of a bigger pearl Laughing The directions say to disperse over moistened fingertips and massage over your dry face - and eyelids. I do this for about one minute at most (I don't wear foundation - I do wear sunscreen). I use a warm soft washcloth to remove. I don't scrub but try to be thorough with wiping all areas. I've never tried the cotton pads.

Your face feels very soft afterward. It is a different feel but I like it.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:55 am      Reply with quote
Yipppeee. My H is here along with a sample of the Vita Apricot. I can't wait to try the H.

Interesting move Von. Sounds like something I'd do. LOL. Have fun.

Sis, I use the Vita K oil. I tend to be dry and during the first six to eight weeks as your skin adjusts, dryness can be a problem so I thought I'd be proactive and start with the oil. I like it a lot but I'm not oily like some of you. I've not had any issues adding an oil. I use it first then add my Vita K. At some point, I probably won't need it and they say if you start to appear oily at night then that is a sign that you no longer need the oil.

Scally, nice tip on the microfiber after using the cotton. never thought of doing that.

Cookie, you crack me up. Toilet paper rolls? LOLOL.

I must be a little pigpen because I am awed at the amount of gunk coming off my face at night on those white cotton pads. Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
On another note, I'm thinking of getting a flat synthetic paintbrush to apply my cream, my reasoning is the bristles shouldn't absorb the Oxygen and Ill be able to create a uniform layer. Thoughts??

I tried this today with a synthetic foundation brush I have. It did feel that it was easier to spread it out, and I didn't have to touch it at all with my fingers.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
vonstella wrote:
On another note, I'm thinking of getting a flat synthetic paintbrush to apply my cream, my reasoning is the bristles shouldn't absorb the Oxygen and Ill be able to create a uniform layer. Thoughts??

I tried this today with a synthetic foundation brush I have. It did feel that it was easier to spread it out, and I didn't have to touch it at all with my fingers.

Did you notice any differences? In sensation or anything?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Blues,

I don't have any sensation on my skin with any of the products. I just felt that I was able to spread it out a little better without touching it.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
I followed your advice and placing a moisturizer on top of Vita Apricot. The added moisture helped greatly. IMO this product is not drying but the actives are intense. It might take some time for the skin (mine anyway) to get use to it. From what I understand the Vita Apricot is for mature skin/dry. My friend is absolutely hooked on this stuff.

Right now I will restrain myself. Embarassed Just prior to hearing about KH I order my old love Glymed Plus.

Thanks for the info...I think you have a winner here. Smile

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Well I used the cotton pads tonight with the cleansing cream. While I do see some dirt on the pads, I still feel that I am not removing it all. So, I used the microfiber cloth after that. I did not see any dirt on the micro cloth, so I guess I removed it all. How many of these cotton pads do you all go through a day doing this? I used 3 and probably should have used more.

I have used the Kombi 1 for the past 3 nights, and tonight was my first use of the Kombi 2. I tried to tap it all in tonight using just the spatula without touching my face with my fingers at all. I may try the foundation brush, as that is a good idea. I don't really have any sensation on my face with either of the 2 creams so far. No stinging or anything.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Well I used the cotton pads tonight with the cleansing cream. While I do see some dirt on the pads, I still feel that I am not removing it all. So, I used the microfiber cloth after that. I did not see any dirt on the micro cloth, so I guess I removed it all. How many of these cotton pads do you all go through a day doing this? I used 3 and probably should have used more.

I have used the Kombi 1 for the past 3 nights, and tonight was my first use of the Kombi 2. I tried to tap it all in tonight using just the spatula without touching my face with my fingers at all. I may try the foundation brush, as that is a good idea. I don't really have any sensation on my face with either of the 2 creams so far. No stinging or anything.

Drat. Well that confirms that. I am pigpen. LOL. Riley, I use two, front and back. JoElla told me she uses one, front and back. I don't think sensation has anything to do with whether it works or not so don't worry about it, Riley. Are you using a pea/pearl sized amount of the cleanser? I think that the feeling after cleansing is different from other products. What were you using to cleanse with prior to the KH?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like I am more pigpen than you, Blues, seeings how I used 3 pads! But, I really did not get much "gunk" on the pads at all. I just felt that after wiping 1 area, I needed to switch to a new pad for better "cleaning".

In the morning, I use the Obagi gel cleanser, which is what I was using in the evening prior to the cleansing cream. Yes, I use a pea/pearl size approximately, maybe just a tad bigger as the first time I used the cleansing cream, I did not feel like it covered my whole face, if that makes sense! I did order the cleansing milk from KH to use in the morning.

I used the small square cotton pads, like you get by the cotton balls, is that what you are using?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Sounds like I am more pigpen than you, Blues, seeings how I used 3 pads! But, I really did not get much "gunk" on the pads at all. I just felt that after wiping 1 area, I needed to switch to a new pad for better "cleaning".

In the morning, I use the Obagi gel cleanser, which is what I was using in the evening prior to the cleansing cream. Yes, I use a pea/pearl size approximately, maybe just a tad bigger as the first time I used the cleansing cream, I did not feel like it covered my whole face, if that makes sense! I did order the cleansing milk from KH to use in the morning.

I used the small square cotton pads, like you get by the cotton balls, is that what you are using?

I just bought the square cotton pads tonight. Before that, I had the round ones that are textured. Same thing. My guess is that the cleansers just feel different from one another which could be while you're not feeling like you're getting clean. Did it feel better to use the microfiber afterwards?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it did feel better using the microfiber cloth afterwards. It just could be me getting used to this and not really sure how my face is supposed to feel afterwards. I feel like my face still is very slightly greasy right after I cleanse/remove. That said, after I dry my face, it feels fine.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:03 am      Reply with quote
I find it difficult to spread such a small amount of the cleanser everywhere. I may try a larger amount tonight.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I feel the same way, yogi. Let me know if you try more and if it works better!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Actually, a pearl size is enough, really. I just dot it around, spread it and then really massage it in. It also spread better if your fingers are slightly damp, but I like using it dry. I use the cotton pads (2) after, one for each side of the face. I just rinse my face with water and my skin feels plump and renewed and very soft. It even passes the 'white towel' test afterwards. I've never tried another cleanser like it and I've tried more than I care to count, including cellcosmet gel cleanser. Beats all of them hands down. Once you get the hang of it, you''l see you don't need much.

Forgot to mention, it took care of blackheads around my nose too
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:22 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I feel the same way, yogi. Let me know if you try more and if it works better!

I will. Perhaps over time I'll learn to use less. But there's no harm in using a little more!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
Reporting in again. Smile I tried the foundation brush tip that Vonstella suggested and it works like a dream for applying the VK2!!! It applies a perfectly thin layer with no waste. Just an FYI, it's a brush that has a flat edge, which I found worked easier than the tapered one I have.

I dot some VK2 on an area, then spread it around and then move on to the next spot. Figure that way, it won't dry out while I'm working. I still like to have slightly damp skin when I put it on, though, to make it easier. Ever since I started doing this, I really feel the oxygen working.

My skin is looking very, very nice now after a few, minor breakouts from a bout with jojoba and then magnesium oils (for cupping). My face does not like anything other than hazelnut oil. You'd think I'd learn! All's well again with the KH to the rescue, though.

Regarding the microfiber after the CC at night, I find that I get a very slight bit of residue/dirt/whatever it is so feel it's a good step for my skin, at least. The CC does not cause any problems breakout-wise for me and I've got super sensitive skin (to ingredients). Oily, by nature but things are slowly normalizing.

All in all, I really this line!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to do the home facial tonight minus the scrub since I don't have any. Maybe I'll try subbing the microfiber cloth tonight in place of the scrub. I'll remember to make holes for the nose and eyes though. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Just an update from me. I think I finally got the cleansing cream down. I put the pearl sized amount on my 1 finger, spread it to my other fingers, applied to dry face (no water before applying), then applied a tad bit of water and massaged. This time when I wiped I only used 2 pads and I did get dirt off my face and my face did not feel like I had any product left on it. I did not even use the microfiber cloth. Yeah, doing a happy dance! Very Happy
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
Tonight I used a larger amount of cleanser -- two large sized peas worth. It felt a lot easier and more comfortable to spread. So I'm going for the wasteful but easy way!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:37 am      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
Tonight I used a larger amount of cleanser -- two large sized peas worth. It felt a lot easier and more comfortable to spread. So I'm going for the wasteful but easy way!

LOL Yogi. Is anyone else who is using KH experiencing some peeling? I woke up this morning and around my mouth is peeling.

Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi blues, i noticed that around my mouth has been peeling and near my nose too. I do get really dry skin so it seems normal cos i peel in the winter somewhat. I just go overboard with the moisteriser....

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:15 am      Reply with quote
lumos wrote:
Hi blues, i noticed that around my mouth has been peeling and near my nose too. I do get really dry skin so it seems normal cos i peel in the winter somewhat. I just go overboard with the moisteriser....

Hi Lumos, what facial products are you using? And how is it going with the silhouette and tonus? I'm anxious to hear your review. Thanks for answering. Surprised

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:45 am      Reply with quote
I am not peeling, but I noticed the corners of my mouth are starting to crack, just like when I would use Retin A or Tazorac.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:05 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I am not peeling, but I noticed the corners of my mouth are starting to crack, just like when I would use Retin A or Tazorac.

Any other changes or differences for you yet, Riley?

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |