Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
jeanni wrote:
Yes, we probably get told different things depending on our skintype. I think our skintypes are pretty different...am I remembering correctly that you are drier and more sensitive?

I admire you on your self-control though, blues Laughing. While I definitely don't want to put the whole kitchen sink on my face, I am excited about trying different products in the line since I've been hearing such wonderful things.

So when you referred to using one Oxygen product for two weeks, do you mean just one product one time per day (for example, just OFC at night) or would it be ok to use OFC twice a day? That may be a good option for me, to just use OFC 2x a day, then add Kombi.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, blues. It's nice to have so much help as someone who is both fairly new to posting and new to KH.

Have a lovely day...

Jeanni,
The typical recommendation was to start once a day, for two weeks. Then adding an additional application so you were using both morning and evening. I did go from VK1 to VK2 after one week of VK1 but I had no issues with the VK1. I had also used the OF prior to beginning the VK1. My skin is prone to dryness if left alone though I would have to say that that's no longer an issue since I've been using the KH. Those who have oilier skin may have different experiences. Havana didn't have luck with the KH and I believe her experience is in the thread somewhere. Six weeks ago, Yogi decided to try 302 and loves it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:19 am      Reply with quote
I didn't care for this line at all.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:24 am      Reply with quote
bugaboo wrote:
I didn't care for this line at all.

Sorry to hear bugaboo- everyone is different on what works for them.
It may be more helpful to others if you provide what product(s) you used and your experience with them.

jeanie:
I had problems with oily t-zone and found that after about a week with KH1, and after an intial increase in oil, everything balanced out- no more shine for me...like blues has said over and over, it is best to go slow, when I tried to add too much at one time I did not get good results.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Thank you bluesheart and tuningmyheart. I will definitely take your advice. I've just been using the OxyFace for the past few days, but I've been using it twice a day Embarassed I'll cut back to once a day. I think I'll wait one more week and then add the VK1 at night. I really like using OxyFace in the a.m., because I feel it is starting to help with my oiliness...I'm only blotting about 1 time per day as opposed to several. It will feel really weird to not do anything after cleansing at night, though.

tuningmyheart, what happened when you tried too much at once? The mantra has definitely been to go slow or you won't get good results. I'm just wondering what actually happens. I've heard about some people drying out or getting redness, but those things have not happened to me. I do have some little, tiny red pimples. A few here and there throughout my face. I wonder if that's the purging process people have written about or something else? This actually started happening before I started using KH when I went off actives and stopped Retin-A. I've noticed new ones popping up more frequently now though... Mad

Thanks again ladies! Very Happy
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
jeannie- when I tries to do to much I ended up an oil slick like I had not been since the teenage years. Backing off resolved those issues. I just recently made the switch to VK2 after finishing my jar of vk1- so on that front I think I went a lot slower than most- it has worked out very well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
ahh...well, I definitely don't want that! Shock

I only have samples of the VK1, so I will try adding that in another week or so. I think I should have enough to last at least a week, then when that's out, I'll try the VK2. It's been hard for me to hold my horses! Thank goodness for you ladies giving your advice, or I'd be slathering my face up with all my new goodies! Laughing

Glad it's working well for you!
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I have the Rose face cream and Vita-A-Apricot.The Rose Face Cream is mild.The Vita-A-Apricot can keep my skin moisture. Very Happy
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:10 am      Reply with quote
jeanni wrote:
(before I got sidetracked) is because I would be interested in skincarerx.com...how do you get a 20% discount code? Do tell! Smile

I PM'ed you with a code that has worked for me over and over at skincarerxdotcom. I checked it today and it still works.... Very Happy
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:15 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Don't feel bad Bren, you aren't the only one. It's been a while since I ordered (definitely did not re-order), but I remember the CS being just dreadful!!! I complained to my friend Vonstella about it, and she said she had had a similarly bad experience. So, you aren't alone!

Hey Liz, so sorry to hear that you and Vonstella had lousy experiences as well with JoElla but oddly, I am glad to hear that I am not the only one...I was starting to think I should take it personally!! Laughing

Still waiting to see the eye cream replacement in my mailbox!!!
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa, i'm sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with JoElla. I would have been so frustrated in your shoes, esp since it's hard to chase a person for a response.

i've ordered once from her and she was very responsive with her emails and helpful. her shipping time is a tad slower than expected but it wasn't that bad for me as i told her the package HAD to be shipped out as i'm using another shipping agent to ship it to asia.

maybe after taking our orders, she then orders from her supplier and hence the wait time?

i hope you get your eye cream soon.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the OFC for 1 week every night and then combining it with differin (similar to retin a) for another 1 week plus.

I'm getting a couple of acne/bumps which seems to be a rite of passage with KH. The bumps are headless and it either subsides or i can squeeze white pus from deep within. I also seem to be getting more blackheads and my pores seems larger. The skin looks tired too ( i know tired is a silly word to describe our skin but it's the best word that comes to mind )

On the positive side, any real acne or bumps i get heals quickly. The scars are still there but they flatten quickly. My skin is also much smoother.

Will be testing VK1 this coming week and hope i see more results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
I just got an email from JoElla saying there is a new KH Rose Aromatherapy mask and oil coming out this month. I can't wait!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
Weighing in here! When I first started KH JoE sent me a couple packets of VK1 to try and in that same order I got a jar of VK2, esential mask and professional cleansing cream. I tend to be on the oily side so went from one week of VK1 to VK2 with no difficulties whatsoever. I soon added the eye cream and totally love it. Nothing comes close. The biggest surprise to me was the professional Cleansing Cream. I was a little concerned that it wouldn't work for my oily skin and just the opposite occurred- it is my favorite nightly staple. I just ordered my third tube (and another eye cream) during the sale (and sadly have not seen hide nor hair of anything Sad and am totally out of eye cream - boo hoo).

Anyway - love KH still. I'd like to try the oxygen just for kicks - maybe add it in the morning after Vitamin C serum. (Wait a while between) I use VKII at night following either Retin A or green cream. Not quite the kitchen sink Blues! but sometimes I feel like it. And if you'd see my "beauty closet" you'd likely wonder what anyone could be doing with all that stuff. Rolling Eyes
...Trying to use it.... (hands, chest...)

So, Jeanni = let us know how you make out.
jeanni
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
Just patiently waiting for the days to go by...wait, did I say "patient"? I keep eyeing that sample of VK1 like it's a piece of cheesecake or something...
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:29 am      Reply with quote
i hear u jeanni, i keep eyeing the additional sweet and vk 1. they are sitting right on my dresser yet i have to be patient. Laughing

my bf thinks i'm nutz cos i keep asking him if he notices any difference and checking the mirror every morning Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
LOL!! snow, I do the same. Today, I said, "Look at my skin honey! I haven't even blotted today!" Very Happy He does, however, admit to noticing that I'm not an oil slick all day long.

I've also noticed that my skin is healing quicker. For the first week, I did not see that happening. But the last two days, I've noticed that pimples are healing (all but gone now)faster and the red marks are also going away. Another thing I noticed tonight is that after extracting a couple of blackheads (that were REALLY stubborn), the red marks left from my extracting tool disappeared after a few seconds. Before they would stick around for an hour or so.

Oh, let me know how the sweet works for you, snow, since we have similar skin. I'm kinda scared of it breaking me out. I figured I would save it for Christmas break to use when we fly to Nebraska to visit my soon-to-be in-laws. Last year, my skin dried out so bad I had chunks falling off everywhere...sick! I live in Portland, Oregon and my poor skin isn't quite used to those midwest winters yet...
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:44 am      Reply with quote
jeanni wrote:
LOL!! snow, I do the same. Today, I said, "Look at my skin honey! I haven't even blotted today!" Very Happy He does, however, admit to noticing that I'm not an oil slick all day long.

I've also noticed that my skin is healing quicker. For the first week, I did not see that happening. But the last two days, I've noticed that pimples are healing (all but gone now)faster and the red marks are also going away. Another thing I noticed tonight is that after extracting a couple of blackheads (that were REALLY stubborn), the red marks left from my extracting tool disappeared after a few seconds. Before they would stick around for an hour or so.

Oh, let me know how the sweet works for you, snow, since we have similar skin. I'm kinda scared of it breaking me out. I figured I would save it for Christmas break to use when we fly to Nebraska to visit my soon-to-be in-laws. Last year, my skin dried out so bad I had chunks falling off everywhere...sick! I live in Portland, Oregon and my poor skin isn't quite used to those midwest winters yet...

jeanni,
How great that you're seeing some benefits so soon. I think that once you get adjusted to the oxygen products you probably won't need the additional sweet cream given your skin type and climate. You may have some additional dryness when you begin the VK1, especially as you'll be flying to the midwest. Keep us informed, so far it sounds good.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I sure will, blues! I don't plan on using the Additional Sweet, but I will pack it with me for my trip just in case I get dry in Nebraska. Aren't you from the mid-west blues? My fiance and I plan to move to the mid-west next summer after we get married. Hopefully the KH will help my skin acclimate...
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:13 am      Reply with quote
jeanni wrote:
I sure will, blues! I don't plan on using the Additional Sweet, but I will pack it with me for my trip just in case I get dry in Nebraska. Aren't you from the mid-west blues? My fiance and I plan to move to the mid-west next summer after we get married. Hopefully the KH will help my skin acclimate...

Hi Jeanni,
Yes, I'm from Indiana. Thursday it was close to 70 and today it was 32 in the morning. Bah. We probably get more sunshine but I love Portland, what a fun city. You might want to apply a teeny amount before the flight. Or better yet, maybe use a moisturizer that you
re sure won't break you out.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:58 am      Reply with quote
i'm using the tonus b12 and silhouette for cellulite. isn't it strange that silhouette is the only oxygen product that we apply first? the first couple of times, i applied tonus before silhouette until i just read the instructions properly tonight!

Razz Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
Still have not recieved the order I placed with JoE - and haven't heard a word - It's been over three weeks! getting a little concerned. I'll give her a few more days and then I'm calling. Has everyone recieved there stuff?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:34 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Still have not recieved the order I placed with JoE - and haven't heard a word - It's been over three weeks! getting a little concerned. I'll give her a few more days and then I'm calling. Has everyone recieved there stuff?

She may need prodding...I've had to do that. At least she'll tell you if she's OOS on anything and how much longer you'll have to wait.
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
i'm in love.. with VK 1 and additional sweet ^_^

jeanni, you got to try it once your skin is acclimatized to OFC. my skin is softer and there is a glow to it in the mornings! the tired look is gone.

please please please let the effects last!

now i'm dying to try the H cream since most people rave about the vk 1/2 with vit h combi instead of vk 1/2 with additional sweet.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
I liked the additional sweet too. It's nice stuff.
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Sister sweets, have u tried both additional sweet and vit h cream? please do give a comparison of the 2 Smile

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |