Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:20 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Love that review, snowstar! How fab that these same products are still going strong!

Can I just ask with the additional sweet is, please? I can't seem to find that one.

I'm pretty sure it's this one, they've changed names (sort of)

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/karin-herzog-additional-n-p_9118.htm
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
I'm almost done with my bottle of VK1. Is it time to graduate to VK2? I do still get acne even with the VK1. Will VK2 help fight acne better?
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
Marina nailed it =)

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
I'm almost done with my bottle of VK1. Is it time to graduate to VK2? I do still get acne even with the VK1. Will VK2 help fight acne better?

According to KH, Vk2 is supposed to fight acne better. From my own experience, the oxygen products didn't stop my acne on its own. I use it on top of my own active acne treatments to make them more effective. I also use it as a spot treatment for large inflamed acne as it is anti-bacterial.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
ruk1 wrote:

According to KH, Vk2 is supposed to fight acne better. From my own experience, the oxygen products didn't stop my acne on its own. I use it on top of my own active acne treatments to make them more effective. I also use it as a spot treatment for large inflamed acne as it is anti-bacterial.

I have to get VK2 then. Thank you for your answer.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:23 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's this one, they've changed names (sort of)

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/karin-herzog-additional-n-p_9118.htm

Thanks, marina! I didn't notice the Sweet bit after the name.
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
hi majorb,

hope the pdf was useful and wasn't too confusing. Laughing

ps if you have cellulite, the silhouette is Amazing.

Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
hi majorb,

I'm so glad Silhouette worked for yours, snowstar. I'm kind of jealous because one tube later of dedicated use and still it did nothing for mine. Confused
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:32 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:

I'm so glad Silhouette worked for yours, snowstar. I'm kind of jealous because one tube later of dedicated use and still it did nothing for mine. Confused

Ouch, do you still have any left? I got it cos of Manon20 raves and it has worked for me. Let me do a quick review.

I used it with tonus for 4 weeks on my left thigh only and it showed significant results. If I can figure out how to post here, I don't mind showing the pics provided others don't puke at my chubby thighs!

Initially I applied a thin layer and was disappointed when I felt nothing, not so much as a tingle. After 2 weeks, there was no visible difference. The skin did feel thicker.

After that, I tried a thicker layer which took a good 5 mins to be fully absorbed. My skin turned white and in certain areas, there was an itch! Not a tingle but an itch. 10 mins after application, my skin is MUCH smoother, even when I use my hands to squeeze the thigh. The difference after 2 weeks was significant.

I've stopped using it as I wanted to know if KH "cures" the cellulite or merely mask the problem. It's been 3 weeks and the cellulite are coming back. However, it took about 2 weeks before I noticed significant deterioration.

I am hoping that this means it is curing the problem but once we stop using it, the cellulite will slowly come back.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Havana8, have you tried dry skin brushing? I started dry skin brushing together with silhouette.

Several gfs who did dry skin brushing only. They reported a loss in cellulite after 2-3 months.

http://www.naturalhealthtechniques.com/healingtechniques/Dry_Brushing_Technique.htm

(sorry to be off topic)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:07 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone else with dark hair start to see lighter or reddish hair along the hairline after using VK for a while?
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:58 am      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
Does anyone else with dark hair start to see lighter or reddish hair along the hairline after using VK for a while?

Definitely,watch the eyebrows! I make sure to wipe it off if I get any there..I'm not complaining about it lightening the upper lip area though
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 21, 2008 11:20 am      Reply with quote
It wasn't at all confusing, snowstar. In fact, it's been incredibly helpful, thanks. I may have a few questions still to ask, but you've answered many of them, plus given me useful info that I didn't even think to ask about! Very Happy

I really can't thank you enough!

And yes, the Silhouette and Tonus are also calling me, along with the hand and nail cream.

snowstar wrote:
hi majorb,

havana8

Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
Havana8, have you tried dry skin brushing? I started dry skin brushing together with silhouette.

Several gfs who did dry skin brushing only. They reported a loss in cellulite after 2-3 months.

http://www.naturalhealthtechniques.com/healingtechniques/Dry_Brushing_Technique.htm

(sorry to be off topic)

Snowstar, that's actually a pretty good suggestion. I do drybrush but have to confess that it is with a certain lack of dedication Embarassed Bad Grin and certainly not in conjunction with Silhouette. I recently got the Vital Chi Skin-Brushing System in order to get more focussed with my dry brushing technique though (aka to get more returns for less effort, so to speak Razz ) so hopefully it will budge.

majorb, I LOVE the scent of Tonus and find it really packs a sustained moisturizing punch.
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
brenpatsa wrote:
I am a huge SkinCareRx fan as well. The free shipping with orders over $49 is great too. I just pm'd the poster a 20% code that has no deadline as far as I know. I don't like to publicly post it but feel free to pm me!

right now the company has 40% off gift card. it's good time to buy this line
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Ladies, please may I beg a huge, huge favour of you?

Since my adored Remergent DNA Repair is no longer an option, thanks to the greedy folks at Estee Lauder, I need to formulate a new skincare regime. And I'm very interested in Karin Herzog.

Now as this thread is so very long and I am not in the least technically minded, please would any of you be able to help me to do this?

I am 42 years old with dry skin. The elasticity is starting to go, so I'd like some firming action. I have some fine lines, particularly underneath my eyes, along with puffy, becoming crepey upper eyelids. My skin is pale and prone to redness/blotchiness. I also get the occasional outbreaks, especially monthly hormonal ones.

Am I correct in thinking that it's wise to switch to the full line, rather than using other brand's cleansers etc? Also, I seem to remember reading earlier in the thread that it may be a good idea to try something like the Oxygen Face Cream on its own first, to see how my skin likes it?

Supposing that I do decide to switch full on to Karin Herzog, what would be the best products for me, please? How often do I use them? And do I need moisturiser over them to combat dryness?

I'm looking for recs on the full shabang, really, including eyecream.

Sorry to be such a pain, but I'd be grateful for any help and advice that you ladies can provide.

you can get DNA FROM Skinmedix.COM
It's cheap there.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:00 am      Reply with quote
What is the name of SKinMedix product?
lilybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:56 am      Reply with quote
great post. i puchased the essential mask one month ago and tried it three times already. but i didnot see anything surprisied. after read your post, i decided to buy some products and try it .

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Snowstar i'm so happy the Silhouette cream work for you, i'm so loving this cream.

If you want to have a better result and a faster one buy a good body brush and do it before you put the cream and you will see a big difference.
mandm
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
I liked the additional sweet too. I had a sample of the additional sweet. It's nice stuff.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
I am not a moisturizer person and I totally loved the additional Sweet. Got that as a sample and may have to purchase at some point. -
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:55 am      Reply with quote
I've just ordered a couple of Karin Herzog items to try and see how I get on - the eye cream and the mask. If my skin likes these, then I'll try more products.

Thanks for all your help and advice so far, ladies!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
HI Majorb,
I hope the line works as well for you as it does for me. Don't expect a lot out of the eye cream at first. It's one of those products that sneaks up on you. Good luck.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, BluesHeart. I'll be sure to give it until the end of the pot so it has a chance to work.

I'm really looking forward to trying it!
oriana808
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:32 am      Reply with quote
OK here is my long story...

I've slacked off on my skincare the last year, only using a very simple, pure organic moisturizer with Pearl powder and coated zinc for day use, and occasionally another version of this moisturizer with Pearl, rosehip seed oil, no zinc in the PM. Forgetting how the winter effects my skin I didn't prepare and the flakies started, the dryness, etc. The florescent lighted bathroom at work is great for seeing all the gory details! A few weeks ago I noticed just how dry, dull, grey my skin was, as well as my pores getting huge, wrinkles deepening and skin texture like a rough terrain (orange peely). Tried a few things I had lying around at home but nothing was helping.

And so it came to be that I ended up here, noticed the KH thread with a load of hearts and managed to read through it entirely, which lead to me purchasing a number of products in this line.

I'm 49 and a smoker, not a heavy smoker but a smoker nonetheless, which is another reason I wanted to take the plunge.

It's only been 8 days since I started and I'm already seeing a big improvement. Now keep in mind that my skin was looking pretty rough and so maybe the difference is more noticeable, but the dullness, greyness, dryness, flakies are gone, and brighter, more color, smoothness, softness and definitely pores tightening!

My arsenal:

Eye Cream: Nice (am and pm, on lips as well)
Vita A Apricot: Also nice (pm only)
Vitamin H: Lovely, wonderful, a keeper (am - over/pm - under)
Professional Cleanser: Another keeper, just wish the tube was bigger, will have to reorder more than other products (pm)
Essential Mask: I like (once or twice a week)
Free Hand Cream: Nice but have to say I really don't like the smell of this

That being said I've also been reading up on the Hydrogen Peroxide debate and am using a bit of caution. First off it's very important to have anti-oxidants included with the use of HP, which KH does in most products I believe. Secondly I only use the 2% HP product at night (I think that's enough). Thirdly I always put the H cream over the eye cream in the am (it's supposed to be "protective"). And lastly, always use sunscreen of course (another reason why I don't use 2% in am, less layering). In a few weeks I may slowly add Vit. C as an extra precaution. Also I personally couldn't do without the H cream.

One thing I really like about this line is how the creams feel on the skin - they are not heavy and absorb really well, leaving a satiny, velvety feel. Because they are light it doesn't seem like they would be hydrating enough but for me they are doing the trick. My lips are usually chapped everyday no matter what I put on, but haven't been for the last 3 days - still a bit dry but not chapped.

So early report but positive. I didn't purchase this line for wrinkle or skin firming claims, more to bring some life back into my skin, but who knows, maybe there will be some results with longer use.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |