Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Yes, it's me, the skincare ignoramus, asking yet more daft questions. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

I seem to remember reading something about stopping actives 14 days before starting with Karin Herzog.

Does anyone currently use DMAE serum or Relax-a-Line in tandem with Karin Herzog products? Is it a bad idea to do so?

And if anyone does use these 2 additional products, at what point is it best to apply them whilst using KH?

Are you sure you aren't thinking about 302? I don't remember anyone stopping their actives before KH. I know I kept mine up. Maybe those with sensitive skin used KH exclusively for a bit..especially if they needed to help breakouts or just wanted to isolate the kh effect. I use VK2 over whatever active I'm using, but I don't have sensitive skin and I want the blasted active to absorb. Now if yer active is retin-a, then I may be a wee bit more careful.

I don't think your 2 products would be a problem but why not use KH alone for a bit and see what happens? Or, use KH at night & dmae & relax-a-line in the a.m. Have I helped?
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
I've just ordered myself a few of the products to try (okay, maybe more than a few .. but I will start out slowly and introduce one at a time) ... however, I'm curious what sunscreen everyone is using with these products? I noticed they do have a day moisturizer with sunscreen, but it's only SPF10.

Currently I'm using Clinique Superdefense SPF30 (?), but I do still have some Clarin UV Plus that's never been opened. Would it work to put the Clarins over top of the KH?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:26 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:

Are you sure you aren't thinking about 302? I don't remember anyone stopping their actives before KH. I know I kept mine up. Maybe those with sensitive skin used KH exclusively for a bit..especially if they needed to help breakouts or just wanted to isolate the kh effect. I use VK2 over whatever active I'm using, but I don't have sensitive skin and I want the blasted active to absorb. Now if yer active is retin-a, then I may be a wee bit more careful.

I don't think your 2 products would be a problem but why not use KH alone for a bit and see what happens? Or, use KH at night & dmae & relax-a-line in the a.m. Have I helped?

Aha! Well, that would certainly explain why a forum search I tried on the subject didn't yield any results - I was thinking of the wrong skincare line! (Told you I had an appalling memory!) Embarassed Laughing

Yes, you definitely have helped, marina. I'm very happy to hear that actives are fine - although, as you say, best to be a little cautions with some, perhaps.

Huge big thank you!!!! Very Happy
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:28 am      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:

Currently I'm using Clinique Superdefense SPF30 (?), but I do still have some Clarin UV Plus that's never been opened. Would it work to put the Clarins over top of the KH?

I'm no expert (as is plain to see from my stupid questions Embarassed ), Moonstarr, but I had fully intended to use Clarins UV over the top. Don't see any problem with doing that, as far as I know, but probably best wait for one of our KH experts to confirm that.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:05 am      Reply with quote
I use my usual sunblock over KH; I don't think KH sunscreens afford adequate protection to say the least.
bunnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
i used the oxegen line 8 yrs ago. pretty good effects but didnt like the smell (b/c it had no smell!).
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hi Ruk1 I use a lot of different things (product lines, etc) and have tried a ton of eye creams and I truly do like this one hands down the best. You need to use it for a few weeks to know it's doing something so nice. LIke Blues said "it sneaks up on you". And for me - with the experiment I did it really told the story. And it's not as expensive as some out there. Also lasts a long time - you don't need much at all!

This is definitely going to be on my next EDS order. (When will they offer forum gifts agains? Must be the economy.)
oriana808
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Definitely use sunscreen - I wait about 10-15 min. before topping off with the SS just so the Vit. H has a chance to sink in on its own.

Starting last night I'm trying a new KH routine mixed with some carrior oils, because my skin is very dry and mature (and it's much cheaper than buying Apricot Oil, for eg.). I use the eyecream and Vit. A Apricot, wait, then top with a mix of oils. I know the KH is supposed to help other things penetrate the skin but I don't want to chance loosing the effect of the HP with oils that may block the absorption. Then I use the Vit. H with sunscreen in the morning.

The combo of Vit. H and oxygen is great, but for the winter I'm trying the above route for now, just to experiment. Some of the carrier oils I'm using are the same as in the Vit. H cream (Avocado, Carrot Seed) with added Rosehip, Vit. E and Pomegranate.

I know I keep going on about my lips, but seeing as that is the thinest "skin" on the face, the results of using KH (eyecream + Vit. H) is immediately noticeable. If I miss a day or two and start again, the difference can not be denied. Full plump red lips with absolutely no chapping, regardless of how harsh the weather is. Love it! So I know that if my lips can change that much for the better, my skin will follow.
oriana808
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:18 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
I may also splash out on the handcare products.

Just a warning... I wrote this earlier, the hand cream smells yuk. At least to me.

When I get a spot I dab some Vit. A Apricot on it and it calms it down so fast.
havana8

Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
tuningmyheart wrote:
oh, forgot to ask, has anyone found a "face silk" cloth that they are happy with-

No and I've not heard back from the website that I emailed concerning the face silk. I wish one of our crafty girls could come up with something.

from waaaaay back on page 29
in case anyone is still looking...

Silk Face Cloth
http://www.aspara-aromatics.com/cart/product_info.php?products_id=88
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
Although most products in this line did nothing for my oily acne-prone skin, I have to say the eye cream is really amazing! Definitely a keeper!
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have just bought a mask and eye cream and look forward to good effect

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:02 am      Reply with quote
this line looks yummy, reminds me of kellog's
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Great review and thank you for sharing, but I did not see improvement and I am using those 1% 2% and 3% for my hand and neck now.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:48 am      Reply with quote
I want to try Karin Herzog mask, could anyone here tell me if this mask really work?
I just want my face and neck much more white in summer, because the sun shine is really bothering me all year long.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think the KH mask is going to help with what you want.
THe KH mask will hydrate your skin and add a level of glowiness but lightening skin color - not going to do that.
Suk Han
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:19 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets:

Are you still using the Karin Herzog eye cream? Do you still like it and see improvement?

Thank you,
Suk Han
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:25 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I don't think the KH mask is going to help with what you want.
THe KH mask will hydrate your skin and add a level of glowiness but lightening skin color - not going to do that.

Seems like you are a KH fan.Smile
Which one KH product do you think is the most worthy to purchase?
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I've been using KH for about 9 months now. I have VK2, Vit H, Oxy Face, Oxy Body, Scrub, Cleanser and the Mask. I must say the only two products I really like are - VK2 and Vit H. I've reordered VK2 and use it daily.

I am not sure why, because many here raved about the cleanser and the mask, but those two products did nothing for my skin (acne prone).

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Suk Han, Yes I still use KH eyecream at night (my favorite eye cream). Nothing better. My other favorite KH products are VK2. I rotate this in a few days a week - it never fails to give me a little something special in the glowy face dept. I need to get another jar (third) as I am getting low and trying to conserve it until I put another order together.
And I LOVE the professional cleanser - on my third of this. (don't care for the chocolate one but the regular is so nice and I have oily skin).
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Sadly these products didn't all work for me. I am 40 and have combination skin with a tendency for clogged pores and blackheads in t-zone and dryer cheeks, oh, and hyperpigmentation!

I had used the Vita-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Professional Cleansing, Vita-A-Kombi with Fruit Acids, Mild Scrub and Oxygen Eye Cream.

The first week as I introduced the products was great ... I even felt I could see some brightening. However, in the second week the breakouts started and in weird places (like my neck!) and not my normal breakouts (because I do have a tendency to breakout monthly), but more like red bumps that didn't really form into a "pimple". I have kept up the routine for about a month now and finally decided to call it quits.

Now, maybe I wasn't using the right products for my skintype, so that may have been a factor. I didn't want to invest more money into the line though incase I had the same results.

HOWEVER, what I DID and DO still love and will continue using from the line:

Oxygen Eye Cream - I really like this stuff! I had been using Cellcosmet Eye Contour Creme which worked great BUT gave me milia under my eyes. This eye cream seems to work as well, but the milia is lessening under my eyes. (note: my issues under my eyes are dark circles and very fine lines ... the dark circles haven't lightened, but the fine lines aren't any worse).

Mild Scrub - very fine scrub, and yet my face feels so soft after using it.

I will also continue to use the Vitamin H on my neck and upper chest area. I DON'T think this is what made me breakout more, although I'm not sure.

Hope this helps for anyone else who is interested in trying the line.
Suk Han
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Thank you sister sweets and moonstarr for giving us your feedback on this line.

It is nice to hear someone to update their review of any skincare.

I am still using the Oxygen mask once a week after my LED, but I do not see any WOW on it. I just want to try the eye cream. It is on sale now at skincarerx for $34.95.

Suk Han
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Can I start off with the VK2? Or is this the type of skincare line you have to start with 1, then go to 2, etc?
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
Suk Han wrote:

I am still using the Oxygen mask once a week after my LED, but I do not see any WOW on it. I just want to try the eye cream. It is on sale now at skincarerx for $34.95.

Suk Han

That's a good price on the eye cream. DO you need a discount code to get that price?

Also, the no WOW result is that from the LED or Oxygen mask you weren't impressed with?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
Suk Han wrote:

Suk Han

I think it's easier to see a WOW from the mask if you use the Vitamin H cream underneath and leave it on as long as possible, even overnight. For me it seems to create quite a glow.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |