Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:29 am      Reply with quote
MentorAmy05 wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
I'm not a big eye cream person but this is head and shoulders above anything I've ever tried.

I would say it is okay to put jojoba over The VK 2 but not under.
I would allow the VK2 to settle into the skin for 20 minutes before putting the jojoba on. You might neutralize the benefits of the retinal if you put it on too soon and definitely if you put it underneath the VK.

Sister Sweets, what does your saying of "I'm not a big eye cream person" refer to???? The VK2 is for entire face, correct??? (That is what I am reading, so I am not certain what you mean by the eye area)(?) (Sorry, I may be lost) Smile

I'm sorry M-Amy - I didn't mean to confuse you. I think I was responding to a previous post -

I don't use VK2 around the eye area. What I meant was I also like the KH eye cream and I'm not one who usually gets much results out of an eyecream.

VK2 is a great face cream. As far as putting things over it - I would keep it as simple as possible. If you have Emu, squalene or an oil like jojoba that would be a better way to go. I would use other active type products at opposite ends of the day or rotate every other day. (I will say I'm not familiar with the Olay product but I'm assuming it has actives in it).

The VK2 will bleach your eyebrows so be careful in that area.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:13 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
MentorAmy05 wrote:
sister sweets wrote:
I'm not a big eye cream person but this is head and shoulders above anything I've ever tried.

I would say it is okay to put jojoba over The VK 2 but not under.
I would allow the VK2 to settle into the skin for 20 minutes before putting the jojoba on. You might neutralize the benefits of the retinal if you put it on too soon and definitely if you put it underneath the VK.

Sister Sweets, what does your saying of "I'm not a big eye cream person" refer to???? The VK2 is for entire face, correct??? (That is what I am reading, so I am not certain what you mean by the eye area)(?) (Sorry, I may be lost) Smile

I'm sorry M-Amy - I didn't mean to confuse you. I think I was responding to a previous post -

I don't use VK2 around the eye area. What I meant was I also like the KH eye cream and I'm not one who usually gets much results out of an eyecream.

VK2 is a great face cream. As far as putting things over it - I would keep it as simple as possible. If you have Emu, squalene or an oil like jojoba that would be a better way to go. I would use other active type products at opposite ends of the day or rotate every other day. (I will say I'm not familiar with the Olay product but I'm assuming it has actives in it).

The VK2 will bleach your eyebrows so be careful in that area.

Hahaha, I figured you were speaking on something else, but I just wanted to be certain.

I wanted to put the Olay around my eye area, since the VK2 shouldn't go there, so I may try that until I can get another KH Cream.

I do have Jojoba, so I can definitely put it over (over right?)

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:26 am      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
Hi Riley,

I've been using the line for maybe a month. I do think I've had some results with my eyes which I mentioned. My skin texture is improved - it's very soft. I also think it's plumped up a little - more filled in. Probably the most dramatic thing is that I'm not breaking out. If I start to at all, I put on some of the oxy and it's gone. My skin tone I don't think has changed. Sad But I still have hope for that! So don't stress out -- I'd give it at least a month. I've gotten used to everyone else calling "Bingo!" as soon as they start using a product. It's always much longer for me.

Yogi, I am curious (and impatient, as I am still reading this long thread) But, have you seen a change in your skin tone? If so, approx. How long were you using the KH before you saw it improving (Also was it the VK2?)

So sorry, as I am certain this will be in one of the pages, but I am just posting as I run across things Wink

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys...kinda a long shot, but have any of you ever used Seven Wonders Miracle Lotion with the KH Products? I have read some good things about it and was hoping I could find some here locally, if I get dried out from the VK2.

MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to be such a nuisance, as I am just now getting back into the facial searching techniques....Oils, moisturizers, etc.

Now with that said, I have been using Jojoba & Hazelnut for a while.....What are some other oils that are better that I can use in combo. with the VK2?

Almost forgot, the main reason for this post. I read that the oils should NOT be "massaged" (circular motion into the face, but rather back and forth(?) Is this true, if so, why?

ETA: Just saw where you also mentioned Emu Oil as a good choice....I tried that years ago & it didn't do much then, but maybe I will try again1

MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Just wanted to post this, as I got a few "tips" from the UK KH site. Here is what they recommend for an anti-aging regimen:

EVENING ROUTINE: ( It is always advisable to do the evening routine at least 1 hour before retiring to bed.)

1) Professional Cleansing Cream: Massage thoroughly and remove with hot towel
2) Tonic Lotion: Decant into spray bottle and spritz all over face, or apply with cotton wool.
Blot Face dry with tissue
3) Fruit Acid Cream:( 3 times per week). Massage into the skin thoroughly. Oxygen FREE item.
4) Vita-A-Kombi Facial Oil: 2 drops is usually enough to cover the face…remember the neck!!! DO NOT REMOVE
5) Vita-A-Kombi 2: take out a pea size amount of cream, with the spatula provided. Dab the cream from the spatula in dots on cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. Remove excess cream off spatula with ring finger, and then join the dots up, spreading the cream all over the face. DO NOT RUB IN. apply small amount of cream to neck, and spread in the same way.
6) Eye Cream: Take out a small amount of cream ( about the size of a grain of rice ) for each eye. Spread the eye cream ALL OVER THE EYE AREA…INCLUDING THE EYE LID. As with Vita-A-Kombi, Leave to penetrate.

TISSUE ANY REMAINING CREAM OFF THE EYE BROWS--OXYGENATION OVER A PROLONGED PERIOD HAS THE POWER TO LIGHTEN HUMAN HAIR IF LEFT ON THE BROWS INDEFINATELY. TISSUING OFF CREAM FROM THE BROWS PREVENTS THIS GRADULAL LIGHTENING….THE BIG BONUS IS< HOWEVER< THAT THESE PRODUCTS NATURALLY-SAFELY, AND WITHOUT THE RISK OF IRRITATION, LIGHTEN FINE DOWNEY FACIAL HAIR,OFTEN FOUND AROUND THE MOUTH AREA.

7) Additional Night Cream: Massage a small amount of cream into the skin, until disappeared.

MORNING ROUTINE ( Very quick, very simple! )

1) Splash the face with hot & Cold Water. No need to use Cleanser
2) Spritz or wipe the face over with Tonic Lotion. Blot dry with towel or tissue
3) Apply a small amount of Vitamin H cream, and massage totally into the skin.
4) Apply a tiny amount of Vita-A-Kombi Facial oil, and massage into skin. Do Not Remove.
5) Vita-A-Kombi 2: take out a pea size amount of cream, with the spatula provided. Dab the cream from the spatula in dots on cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. Remove excess cream
off spatula with ring finger, and then join the dots up, spreading the cream all over the
face. DO NOT RUB IN. apply small amount of cream to neck, and spread in the same way.
6) Eye Cream: Take out a small amount of cream ( about the size of a grain of rice ) for each eye. Spread the eye cream ALL OVER THE EYE AREA…INCLUDING THE EYE LID. As with Vita-A-Kombi, Leave to penetrate.
7) Total Day Protection. Massage into the tissues to provide a dry matt protective layer. Perfect for good make-up application.

NOTE: If you want to achieve a healthy glow to the skin and your make-up look for the day, apply a tiny amount of facial oil underneath the Vita-A-Kombi, as you do at night. This will give the skin that dewy look that is very popular, and will also benefit the skin.

Hope this helps somebody!

This is very useful info. Smile

P.S. ETA - Sorry that I have asked so many questions back to back.....but I stumble upon something and then have a question Embarassed Embarassed

MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I just received my order yesterday, picked it up from the office today! So anxious to give it a try!!!!!

leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:00 am      Reply with quote
Hello MentorAmy....please let us know how you are doing with the KH. Good luck and I wish you the best possible results.
3bagsfull

Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
I m new here, usually a lurker. But I wish to thank all that contributed to this as I believe I have found a skin care that truly work for me. I hv dehydrated skin but shine a few hours after washing face. Pregnancy hormone wreak havoc on my face so I am v happy to find out abt KH oxygen face cream. It really help me alot. Just like to say thanks to those who bothered to write abt their experience and openly sharing abt their regime.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:56 am      Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum 3bagsfull and I'm very glad that Karin Herzog works for you. I've been using it for about 2 years now and it remains one of my favourite product lines. I hope it continues to do just as well for you.
Cheng
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:33 am      Reply with quote
Seems that Essential Mask is quite good!
I will try on it later!
Thanks!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:44 am      Reply with quote
For anyone who has used both the chocolate mask and the essential mask, I'd like to know how they compare. I'm leaning towards the chocolate mask but I'd definitely get the essential mask instead if it was recommended more.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:43 am      Reply with quote
Hello Skippie.....I have never used the Chocolate Mask (so I know I'm not answering your question) but I can say that the Essential Mask is wonderful. It leaves the face so soft and smooth and seems to plump up those pesky dehydration lines that I'm prone to get. Once or twice a week I just apply it at night and wash it off in the morning. In my opinion it is truly a superb product.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me how long I have to wait before applying any actives after the Essential Mask Question

Thank you!
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:33 am      Reply with quote
On the Karin Herzog, official site, it says only that the essential mask should be applied 10 minutes before make-up. I'm not sure how to interpret that??
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Hello Skippie.....I have never used the Chocolate Mask (so I know I'm not answering your question) but I can say that the Essential Mask is wonderful. It leaves the face so soft and smooth and seems to plump up those pesky dehydration lines that I'm prone to get. Once or twice a week I just apply it at night and wash it off in the morning. In my opinion it is truly a superb product.

Thanks leeleedeedee. I think I'm going with the chocolate only because I'm pretty sure I'll regret it if I don't.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie, I have used both and for me the essential mask is so much better. The chocolate one was just like a moisturizer for me.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:43 am      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
Skippie, I have used both and for me the essential mask is so much better. The chocolate one was just like a moisturizer for me.

Thanks cookie - that's very helpful. I'm definitely looking for something other than a moisturizer. I'm hoping for glowing skin from the mask.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:37 am      Reply with quote
In my opinion, essential mask does give glowing skin. One of it's amazing benefits!!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
In my opinion, essential mask does give glowing skin. One of it's amazing benefits!!

Thanks, leedee. I've ordered the essential mask. I also ordered the glycol rose serum. I couldn't find a discussion here about it. Have you ever tried it or heard anything about it?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have used the Glyco rose serum also. It was mild for me but I really liked it and am thinking about buying it again. I really like the KH products, and I stray but always seem to come back to them. After seeing this post I used my essential mask last night and my skin looked so nice today. Go on JoElla's sight and look up the newsletter that she wrote about doing a facial treatment with different KH products. When I have time I love to do it and you really see a difference.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:50 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad you said the rose serum is mild, cookie. My skin doesn't like really strong products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:28 am      Reply with quote
I haven't used the glyco rose serum but I do use Karin Herzog's AHA Cream. My skin is so sensitive that I can't use any type of AHA so I was very apprehensive about using this product. I bought it because I feel that I should be using a mild peel at least once a week and this product was said to be good for even the most sensitive of skins (yeah, like I heard that one before.) Anyways, this product is so mild that I'm actually using it 2 X a week and it leaves my face so nice and soft. No AHA product has ever left me with a good feeling to my skin. They were all harsh and irritating. Karin Herzog truly has some remarkable products.
michelle_he
5% products discount

Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I use Karin Herzog's essential mask.It's so good.I like.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:05 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
I haven't used the glyco rose serum but I do use Karin Herzog's AHA Cream. My skin is so sensitive that I can't use any type of AHA so I was very apprehensive about using this product. I bought it because I feel that I should be using a mild peel at least once a week and this product was said to be good for even the most sensitive of skins (yeah, like I heard that one before.) Anyways, this product is so mild that I'm actually using it 2 X a week and it leaves my face so nice and soft. No AHA product has ever left me with a good feeling to my skin. They were all harsh and irritating. Karin Herzog truly has some remarkable products.

Thanks leedee. That's good to know, because I have trouble with acids too.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |