Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
The reason I had been reading up on Copper Peptides was to treat the scar on my eyelids from eyelid lift surgery. I was a little nervous about using it at this point, so I didn't proceed. There is such a huge difference in price between different brands, that I wasn't sure where to start. I decided to treat the scar with Mederma; however, it is making my scar quite itchy ... not sure if it is supposed to do that or if I'm reacting to it ... more research required here too.

My head hurts - too much to learn !!! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:58 am      Reply with quote
I tried the KH Essentials Mask for the first time last night. It made my skin feel WONDERFUL. I didn't want to push it for a first time use, so I rinsed it off after approximately 15mins.

My skin looked and felt wonderful after using it. It made my skin feel so soft. What I was surprised to see was that my face wasn't even a little bit red. Often when I use a mask of any kind, my skin is red when I rinse it off - even when it feels good, it usually goes red. This didn't make my skin even a little bit red. It looked great.

Before bed, I used the Choco2 cream. It has a very mild fragrance and also made my skin feel really nice. I still felt like I needed a little something more on my cheeks, so I added a very small amount of Additional Sweet. It was fine after that.

Leelee .... Thanks you SO much for all your help and recommendations. While my wallet is still in shock, my skin is looking so good that the bills have been worth it !!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:04 am      Reply with quote
Hello Time2Bme......I am so happy that KH is working for you and that you are in love with the results. The Essential Mask and Choco2 are two of my favourite KH products. I also have very sensitive skin and I can't get over how my skin loves KH and doesn't react to it the way it does to other skin care products. There is no irritation whatsoever.

I hope you have continued success with KH. Yes, it is a drain on the wallet, but in my opinion well worth the money spent.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I should actually be completely honest about my drain on the wallet comment. I actually find the products quite reasonably priced ... inexpensive actually compared to products I've used in the past ... but me being the junkie that I am, I 'HAD' to have everything now. If I had been an adult about it and spread my spending over a reasonable period of time, it wouldn't have been too bad !!! Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
I definitely agree....compared to other skin care lines, KH is very reasonably priced. I can't complain. Other products have drained my wallet and were completely ineffective.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
I hear ya. After being so thrilled with KH, I knew there was no way I was going to go back to using up some of the products I still have at home. I kept whatever I could use up on my hands and feet and have passed on the rest of the products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I received the rest of my KH products ... I literally had to rearrange my bathroom cabinet to make room. Honestly, I need a support group ... Anyway ... I'm loving them, so I'll just hang on to that thought. Wink

I used the Chocolate Cleanser last night. Love it. It is very thick and when I first squeezed it out of the tube, I thought that this may be the first product in the line that I didn't like. Even though it comes out of the tube like a thick paste, it spreads easily and I didn't need a lot. I massaged it into my skin and used a microfibre wash cloth to rinse it off. I wet the cloth with warmer water, put it on my face and then gently wiped it off. I did this a few times. It removed all the makeup off my face and my face felt really nice afterwards. I followed it with the Choco2 and the Chocolate Cream. I only need the extra cream over the Choco2 on my cheeks. My t-zone didn't feel like it needed the extra moisture.

This morning, I used the All Day cream over the Camomile. The All Day cream doesn't have oxygen. I don't think I'll need to layer the products as my skin continues to get used to the oxygen ... or during the warmer months. With the change in temps, my skin always gets a lot dryer. The All Day cream felt wonderful over the Camomile. I left about 5-7mins in between applications. I didn't need to use my makeup primer underneath my foundation after using the All Day cream. You can tell there is an SPF (only a 10) in the cream when you first put it on. I find there is a different texture to any products containing SPF, but it dried matte and my skin felt the same as it has with all the KH products - like silk. It absorbed right in my skin and doesn't feel like I have anything on it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi Time2Bme....

Thanks for the updates regarding all of the KH products. It's pleasant to read about your experiences along with your daily and nightly routines. This helps so many others who may be contemplating using KH now or in the future.

I'm so glad you are achieving good results. I have all of the same products as you do except I use the rose cream with 1% oxygen.

Please do continue to keep us updated on your progress and results. It's very interesting.

Hope all continues to go well for you.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi Time2Bme....

Thanks for the updates regarding all of the KH products. It's pleasant to read about your experiences along with your daily and nightly routines. This helps so many others who may be contemplating using KH now or in the future.

I'm so glad you are achieving good results. I have all of the same products as you do except I use the rose cream with 1% oxygen.

Please do continue to keep us updated on your progress and results. It's very interesting.

Hope all continues to go well for you.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Leelee Smile

Have you ever tried the Professional Cleanser or just the Chocolate Cleanser. I was torn about which one I should order; I went with the Chocolate.

I was wondering which one you preferred or if they are a bit different from each other and you like to rotate them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi Time2Bme....

I use the KH Cleansing Milk. I hardly wear any make-up so I don't feel the need to use a cleanser made to remove make-up. I love the Cleansing Milk. It's super gentle for my sensitive skin and very gentle on the eyes. So, I can't really answer your question but hopefully someone else can.

How's it going with KH? Hope you're still getting fantastic results.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to let everyone know that there is a new product just released from Karin Herzog. I've copied this description from their UK website. Looks very interesting

Quote:
This lifting, anti-wrinkle and moisturising serum is the very latest innovation from the Laboratoire Dr Paul et Karin Herzog SA. It contains naturally effective fine ingredients: Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin E, Camomile and Niacinamide (Vitamin B3).

This serum can be used every day and as often as you wish. It is your defence against ageing, from your mid-thirties and throughout your life.

Used by itself, ‘ER’ gives highly satisfactory results.

However, combined with the ‘Vita-A-Kombi’ anti-wrinkle cream from Karin Herzog, the results are even more spectacular. This is why: thanks to its stabilised oxygen content, when ’Vita-A-Kombi’ comes into contact with the skin, it releases 2 molecules of water for each molecule of oxygen. Then the Hyaluronic Acid combines with this large volume of released water and fills the intercellular spaces, thus ensuring wrinkle-free skin!

Not only that, thanks to the patented ‘Vita-A-Kombi’ formula, the Vitamin A in this cream is acidified by the oxygen beneath the skin, thus providing the raw material essential for the natural formation of collagen. Hyaluronic Acid and collagen are vital for maintaining the structure of the skin layers. Collagen ensures that the skin remains firm, while the Hyaluronic Acid nourishes and moisturises the collagen.

Now you know: the combination of ‘ER’ and ‘Vita-A-Kombi’ is a remarkably effective weapon against advancing age and the formation of wrinkles.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:49 am      Reply with quote
I hope EDS ends up carrying it.

Were they just announcing that it is coming or is it already out? I went looking for it on the site and wasn't able to find it. I was curious to see how it packaged (tube or jar) and the cost compared to their other products.

I just realized that this is the first time in years that I didn't get any pimples before my period started. I normally get a few. It could just be a fluke, but the only thing that has changed was my use of the KH products. My skin showed a dramatic improvement when I started using PSF DMAE and Vit C serum, but the KH just took it to the next step.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Karin Herzog just came out with this product. It's being sold as we speak, but of course it will take some time before all stores carry it. If I remember correctly I think it comes in a tube and not a jar. I'm happy for that!!

Glad about the absence of pimples. KH products are very good for problems like those. I now use VK3 for any break outs that occur. It zaps them so fast.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Karin Herzog just came out with this product. It's being sold as we speak, but of course it will take some time before all stores carry it. If I remember correctly I think it comes in a tube and not a jar. I'm happy for that!!

LeeLee ... would you mind posting the link to the product? I wasn't able to find it on the KH site. Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Hi Time2Bme....

I use the KH Cleansing Milk. I hardly wear any make-up so I don't feel the need to use a cleanser made to remove make-up. I love the Cleansing Milk. It's super gentle for my sensitive skin and very gentle on the eyes. So, I can't really answer your question but hopefully someone else can.

Sorry Leelee, I missed your response ... Got all excited about the new KH product and didn't look to see the post before it Laughing

I was wondering about the Cleansing Milk; I kept going back and forth between it and the Choc Cleanser. Because I still have a good AM cleanser, I decided to try it for night time cleansing. I was thinking of getting the Cleansing Milk for AM cleansing for the winter months. I've tried just rinsing with water, but my skin doesn't feel clean enough.

If anyone else has used both the Professional Cleanser and the Chocolate Cleanser, please let me know whether you find one better than the other ... or if there is a significant difference between the two.

I also forgot to mention, for those who are fragrance sensitive, I totally agree with Leelee; the fragrances are really mild. I really like the Chocolate line. It has a nice sweet smell without being overpowering. As with all the KH products, I find the fragrance quickly fades.

I haven't been using KH for that long and I am already noticing that my skin is used to the oxygen. It doesn't feel as dry or tight as it initially did when I first applied the VAK cream. I normally only need to apply a very small amount of another KH cream on top of the VAK - and normally just on my cheeks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Time2Bme wrote:
leeleedeedee wrote:

LeeLee ... would you mind posting the link to the product? I wasn't able to find it on the KH site. Rolling Eyes

Maybe this will help:

http://www.karinherzog.ch/sm/upload/doc/147489_1449075310.pdf

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Lacy Smile

I hope EDS will start carrying it.

I signed up for the newsletter on the KH site. I searched it everywhere and couldn't find it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:50 am      Reply with quote
The info I received on their new ER serum came to me in an email. The link below is to their Swiss Website:

http://www.karinherzog.ch/erase-raise-p-1070.html?osCsid=066moapldvcivpsb400d659hb5

Time2Bme...when I first started using KH I had to use the Vita Kombi Oil underneath the oxygen products because my skin felt so dry. Slowly, I needed less and less of the oil and now I find the Vita Kombi Oil too oily and I don't need it at all. Your skin does slowly normalize. I had the driest skin on the planet.

I use the chocolate moisturizer during the day and it is just divine. The smell is scrumptious when you first put it on but it dissipates so anyone near you does not think you've just eaten a box of chocolates. I do love the chocolate products. And, apparently it is very anti-aging.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Leelee !

I'm glad to hear that you no longer need the oil - that really shows you that the products are working for you. It is so nice to be able to gauge your improvement by something so simple. The oil would have been too much for me and I'm already noticing that I don't need as much of another cream on top of the VAK products.

I really love this line. I used the All Day (not the Additional All Day) over the Camomile in the morning. The All Day doesn't have the oxygen. I only need a small amount of the All Day. It soaks in really well. My skin doesn't feel the least bit greasy with the 2 creams on it.

HANDCREAM QUESTION: Has anyone tried the KH Hand Cream? I was wondering if it would effect my nail polish. I hope not !!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:47 am      Reply with quote
I haven't used the KH hand cream so, unfortunately I can't help you there.

The moisturizers layer well over the oxygen creams and the skin doesn't ever feel greasy, which is nice even if one has dry skin, like myself. I'm hoping for a stronger sunscreen from the KH line, but not one made with zinc oxide since I find that ingredient very drying. So, far I do like the spf 10 sunscreen, but I don't think that would offer enough protection during very high UV days. Fortunately, here in Canada we are into the low UV winter days and the KH sunscreen is perfect.It layers well and I like the simple ingredients. In a email I received from the KH people I learned that KH is trying to go paraben free in all of the product line. She is determined to use the very best ingredients and the highest quality. I like that philosophy.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so glad to hear that she is trying to go paraben free. Ideally, I would prefer to use paraben free products.

I used the facial scrub for the 2nd time today. The first time I tried it on its own. I made sure I had my skin quite wet, so that it wasn't too scratchy. On its own, I thought it might be a little too abrasive for me. While my skin felt fine afterwards, while using it it didn't seem a little more grainy than I like. My skin can be sensitive with exfoliators, so I have to be careful I don't end up with a red, scratched-looking face.

This time I used it differently. I read one of the posts where Scotslass had been told to use it as a mixture with the cleanser. I put a small pea size of the Chocolate Cleanser with the Mild Scrub and used it that way. I much prefer it this way. My skin felt really good. If it started to dry, I just kept wetting my hands and continued working with it. My skin looked great afterwards, not red at all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Time2Bme.....I'm so glad everything is working well for you. Personally, I don't use the scrub because I just know my skin would be far too sensitive for it and any other type of scrub. I use the AHA cream and that's enough exfoliation for me. But, if it's working well for you then that's all that matter. Most people can use scrubs, anyways. My skin has always been different from others.

I certainly wish you continued success with your KH products. It looks like you found the perfect line for you.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the AHA cream as well Leelee.

You're a great ambassador for this line !!!

My DH actually commented on my skin last night. He's never one to notice that type of thing ... unless it is bad of course !! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I've been using this line for about 2 years. I have never before been so loyal to a skin care line or used the same brand for so long. But, it's because of the results. KH makes my skin so clear that it actually glows.

That's great about your compliment. Isn't it lovely when that happens. It makes the money you've spent worth it!!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |