Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
taligator
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
And because I'm a dork and can't remember to write everything I want to say in ONE post, I have to make a third. Doh!

I started the KH products a month ago. At that time, I had heavy jaw acne that was meandering down my neck. It was hideous. I had breakouts on my forehead (white heads mostly) and overall my skin just looked bad to me.

For the first two weeks I was very diligent about washing at night, using the VAK+AHA every morning/night with the VAK-Oil. My skin began to look better but was still irritated.

My inherent laziness began to call to me and I stopped using the products as much. I started to use the VAK+AHA at night only and every other day. Wonders of wonders, my skin began to get better and better with each passing day. I was using the product too much I think.

I don't shower daily which is one reason why it's easy for me to only wash my face every other day. I don't wear makeup and with the products my skin doesn't look icky if I don't wash it every day. Because my skin is dry and sensitive I think this haphazard method is working for me.

I am adding more products into the mix because I think my skin has reached the point where I can use the products daily.

Strangely, despite all the rain here in the Seattle area it's very dry. The air just sucks all the moisture out of my skin. I can coat a layer of oil on my body after a shower and within a few hours have flaky dry skin that looks like it hasn't been moisturized in days. It's sad. My face also bears the brunt of this and I spot treat my face with the VAK-oil to combat the problem.

Anyway, my face today looks really good. It hasn't looked this good in nearly 2 years. All the acne is gone and the scars are healing. I have small breakouts but they go away fast. I'm thrilled.
sbtrfly74

Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I just want to add I'm sold... couldn't help it but just went to look in the mirror again and my forehead wrinkles are gone! I have 2 very minor and 1 small deeper wrinkle on my forehead mostly from raising my eyebrows a lot. I use to only see them when I would raise my eyebrows but now see them all the time. All gone.... and the worst one is I would say 95% gone. I was going to take a picture earlier of my skin to watch for changes over the next coming weeks but forgot and thought eh no biggie it wont happen very quickly, I'll do it tomorrow.

I definitely want to get the eye cream now since I have a few beginning crows feet and small wrinkles around my eyes that I'm starting to notice. Now hopefully it fixes my large pores and sporadic adult acne and I'll be a happy camper Very Happy
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
sbtrfly74 wrote:
Thanks for the tips... Just got my package in the mail today. Will take your advice and not try everything at once, only bought a couple of things to see if I like it. Super excited... I love new things lol.

I bought the finest chocolate cleanser since the other one was out of stock that I wanted. Worked fine, little greasy but will have to figure out what a wool cloth is to remove it. I'm also trying the mask today and that will be enough for tonight so I wont over do it. Its interesting, can feel my skin tingling. Only thing that's a little odd is my eyes are slightly burning while I'm wearing it.

Any additional tips are greatly appreciated. Wink

When you use the cleanser, the less you use the better when I use more it's greasy and I have a hard time removing it. Use a pea sized amount, rub it over your face, and leave it work while you brush your teeth. Massage it in and Then remove it with wet cotton balls. Works like magic and no greasy afterfeel. That said, the chocolate one is slightly greedier than the regular one
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I can't quote properly on darned iPhone. Sorry. Btw that should be greasier not greedier. Sheesh
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
sbtrfly74 wrote:
Thanks for the tips... Just got my package in the mail today. Will take your advice and not try everything at once, only bought a couple of things to see if I like it. Super excited... I love new things lol.

I bought the finest chocolate cleanser since the other one was out of stock that I wanted. Worked fine, little greasy but will have to figure out what a wool cloth is to remove it. I'm also trying the mask today and that will be enough for tonight so I wont over do it. Its interesting, can feel my skin tingling. Only thing that's a little odd is my eyes are slightly burning while I'm wearing it.

Any additional tips are greatly appreciated. Wink

When you use the cleanser, the less you use the better when I use more it's greasy and I have a hard time removing it. Use a pea sized amount, rub it over your face, and leave it work while you brush your teeth. Massage it in and Then remove it with wet cotton balls. Works like magic and no greasy afterfeel. That said, the chocolate one is slightly greedier than the regular one

The way I removed the Chocolate Cleanser was hot water and a really soft wash cloth. I have a microfibre one and a bamboo one; both are extremely soft. I put hot water on it (as hot as I can stand) ring it out so it is wet but not dripping. I place the cloth on top of my face and let it sit for a second. I then SOFTLY drag the cloth down my face. I don't rub. It removes all the cleanser and my skin was left feeling clean and soft without any irritation. If there is still some Cleanser on it, I'll repeat the process above.

Tue May 03, 2011 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Hello to everyone, thank you for your feedbacks, very informative! and long reading...Smile just a quick question, has any of you used the new E&R Serum of KH? any comments? it's quite expensive I wonder whether it delivers what it claims to. Thank you!
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 03, 2011 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lilac

Welcome to the forum Smile

I had been using KH products exclusively. My skin started to react badly to them so I have been switching over to Osmosis. I've been using KH on my neck and chest area, but no longer on my face. Having said that, my deepest lines are on my chest. I have sun damage there. I am using the ER on my neck and cheset. I can't say that I'm noticing a significant different. Even if I had not stopped using KH, I would not have ordered ER again.

The bottle is very small and it is expensive. It is quite thin and easy to spread, so you don't need a lot of it. But .. at the end of the day - not worth it in my opinion. Hopefully you'll get some more feedback - particularly from those still loving this line.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 03, 2011 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Any luck with reducing/removing hyperpigmentation?

My forehead has some (from the sunroof) and I want to get rid of it. I recognize that removing it is only surface deep, in other words, it'll just keep coming back so I'll be spending the rest of my life keeping it at bay. But, I hate it! I want to get rid of it.

I purchased the VAK-3 for use on the spots and am hoping that'll work.

I'm just curious what else I can do.
lilac15

Wed May 04, 2011 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Time2Bme for your prompt reply and welcoming Smile. I thought so as I didn't find any special feature in their description, it just mentions that the "lifting, anti-wrinkle and moisturising" serum "gives amazing results" (what are they Question )but all the other products from this range are also lifting, anti-wrinkle and moisturising... Confused I'm thinking to send it back..
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 04, 2011 10:24 am      Reply with quote
I gave up KH line because of the red bumps is was giving me Sad

I was using ER for about 3 weeks, no difference in skin, I still use a few drops of it occasionally.
Really expensive, and the bottle is tiny as if it is an eye serum.

Not worth the price Sad
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 05, 2011 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone....after several years of using KH products I am still a faithful follower. However, I do think that the star products of KH are the oxygen creams. They are fantastic. They keep my skin clear, bright and glowing. I only use KH once a day, in the evening. If I use them more than that I find that my skin gets irritated. I use the Essential Mask once or twice a week and the Rose Day Cream every other night. The VK3 is by far the best zit zapper on the market and of course the eye cream is fantastic. Every night I use VK2 on my lips and this has become my favorite nightly lip balm. In the morning my lips are moist and full. I've been doing that for about a year. But, that's all I use from her line. I find the non oxygen products to be average. They are not bad, but I use other things. I guess like every other skin care line some items work great and others not so great.
kbface

Fri May 06, 2011 10:18 am      Reply with quote
I use Retin a at night without anything else- I was also told not to mix it with a moisturizer bec it is less effective that way so I don't. However as most of you know Retin a is very drying so during the day when I am at home or going to the gym I need a moisturizer that 1- won't break me out, 2-adds healthy moisture to my skin (to help counteract the drying effect of the Retin a) 3- is safe to use on retin a treated skin. I do not want to mix the products I just want a great moisturizer. I've heard so much about the Oxygen Face cream being a great ACNE FIGHTING cream that also gives skin a healthy glow. Does any one use these products as described? and how does it work?

Skin type: I am 25, I have fair skin, tends to be on the oily side, and I am prone to breakouts which often leave read marks for long periods of time bec I am so fair.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 06, 2011 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
The Oxygen Face Cream is not a moisturizer. It is a treatment that is used to help clear the face of acne and pimples and all sorts of other break outs. It has an added antibacterial ingredient. It can be a bit drying for people like myself who have very dry/sensitive skin. However, I have used it on any break outs I may have gotten and it is a fantastic product for clearing the face.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2011 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
I started a thread and just saw this. I have read some but can someone tell me the difference in the vita kombi 2 (which I have been using a couple of years) ans the vk with apricot? If I am reading correctly, are they the same with the exception that the one contains apricot oil?

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2011 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
sbtrfly74 wrote:
I just want to add I'm sold... couldn't help it but just went to look in the mirror again and my forehead wrinkles are gone! I have 2 very minor and 1 small deeper wrinkle on my forehead mostly from raising my eyebrows a lot. I use to only see them when I would raise my eyebrows but now see them all the time. All gone.... and the worst one is I would say 95% gone. I was going to take a picture earlier of my skin to watch for changes over the next coming weeks but forgot and thought eh no biggie it wont happen very quickly, I'll do it tomorrow.

I definitely want to get the eye cream now since I have a few beginning crows feet and small wrinkles around my eyes that I'm starting to notice. Now hopefully it fixes my large pores and sporadic adult acne and I'll be a happy camper Very Happy

Which product is this? Did it help your pores?

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2011 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
They are basically the same creams, except the Vit-A-Apricot contains glycolic acid.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2011 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
They are basically the same creams, except the Vit-A-Apricot contains glycolic acid.

Thank you! What exactly are the benefits of the glycolic acid?

leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 6:01 am      Reply with quote
The glycolic acid exfoliates the skin. As we get older our skin does not naturally exfoliate the top layer like in our youth, so glycolic acid is used to shed the top layer of skin.

I have very sensitive skin and actually find glycolic acid to be quite irritating so if you haven't used it before try to get a sample. I think most people are okay with glycolic acid. My skin is just super sensitive.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
So basically they are the same exact formulas, with the acid exception? Just wanting to verify since the VK Apricot is a little more money. Would EDS give a sample of this? Or do you guys know?

leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2011 5:31 am      Reply with quote
Yes, they are the same except for the added Apricot Kernel Oil and Glycolic Acid. You can certainly ask EDS for a sample of the product. Sometimes they have it and sometimes they don't. But, EDS tries their very best to supply specific samples when asked.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2011 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Yes, they are the same except for the added Apricot Kernel Oil and Glycolic Acid. You can certainly ask EDS for a sample of the product. Sometimes they have it and sometimes they don't. But, EDS tries their very best to supply specific samples when asked.

Thanks so much! I sent EDS a message, so hopefully I can get a sample. Smile

Another thing I forgot to ask......I know with the KH VK2, it has no sunscreen and actually is better at tanning....Is this the same for the one with apricot, or should I stay out of the sun because of the glycolic acid? I love to lay in the tanning bed (I know it is awful) but it is an * spam alert * of mine and if I would have to stay out of uv rays because of the glycolic acid, I would choose the one I am currently using.

leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2011 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
The VK2 is not a sunscreen and offers no protections whatsoever from the sun. I use KH Day Protection when I'm out in the sun. It is a SPF 15 sunscreen that for me is not irritation. It does not leave a white residue and is so gentle that I wear it around my eye area. I think using a glycolic acid does make your skin more sensitive to the sun so if you do use the Vit-A-Apricot with the glycolic acid I would also use a sunscreen.
MentorAmy05
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 16, 2011 10:09 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
The VK2 is not a sunscreen and offers no protections whatsoever from the sun. I use KH Day Protection when I'm out in the sun. It is a SPF 15 sunscreen that for me is not irritation. It does not leave a white residue and is so gentle that I wear it around my eye area. I think using a glycolic acid does make your skin more sensitive to the sun so if you do use the Vit-A-Apricot with the glycolic acid I would also use a sunscreen.

Thanks Lee.....Just for you guys to know, I asked EDS about a sample of the VK w/apricot, but they stated they don't send samples, unless it is with a purchase, so obviously that doesn't help me since I currently need to order but I am stuck on whether to order my normal VK2 or VK2 w/Apricot.

I may go ahead and try the apricot one since it has the same ingredients as the VK 2% with a few positive additions. Smile

taligator
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 23, 2011 8:41 am      Reply with quote
I'm continuing to be thrilled with the KH products I have/use. I just did a long wknd in Vegas and took two products: VAK+Fruit Acids and my Professional Cleanser. I didn't worry about taking anything else and these worked perfectly. I liked the pared down routine.

My skin at this point gets the occasional breakout and I put my VAK on it and it goes away. It's great. My skin has also balanced out and is quite normal now. It used to be dry and flaky and now I have a nice normal amount of oil on my skin and it's not tight. I think this is one of the most amazing results.

I've got quite a few products and I rotate them around but in general, I'm still quite lazy about caring for my skin.

I went to an Aveda salon recently and I was looking for a tinted moisturizer or foundation that didn't irritate my skin (i.e. lay on top of the skin and look flaky all the time). The esthetician who looked at my skin said it looked fantastic overall. I see a lot of blackheads but she didn't seem concerned about them. She was trying to sell me on the Aveda products but she said that what I'm using it clearly working. I only wish I'd taken some before/after shots.

My skin is far from "After" or perfect. I still can't easily wear any make-up on my skin without it looking flaky & dry even though it looks perfect without make-up. But my skin looks so much better that I don't really need it, I just want to even out my skin tone.

Per usual, I'm long-winded ...
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 27, 2011 10:26 am      Reply with quote
I purchased the Vita-kombi 1 and vitamin H. The one I thought I'd like, the Vita Kombi, I really don't think much of. Its inconvenient and messy, and I don't see any difference in anything with it. I'm willing to try the Vita Kombi 2 to give it a fair shot.

The vitamin K on the other hand, I absolutely love. I almost didn't order it because it had some negative reviews, I'm so glad I did. Feels creamy, I like the slight color it seems to stain my skin (goofy, I know, but I love it), and it looks like a million bucks in the morning when I wear it to bed. I will never stop using this.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |