Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
taligator
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
It's certainly not for everyone. It is the first product line I've used that continued to work for me for longer than a few months. I had the initial outlay of cash to buy the products but it's been a year and I've only had to buy the mask again. Of course, my skin is different and I can't use a multitude of products on a daily basis. I'm also not obsessively trying to look like a 16 year old girl (not saying you are, just a comment) which means I just want clear skin that looks healthy.

But, I'm glad you seem to have found what works for you! Smile
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
Actually I found the line to be more overkill... Too much fragrance too much stuff in general. The only thing topical I require anymore is vitamin c, retin a, and sunscreen. Plus if I miss it bleaches my eyebrows which is a pain.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2012 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi there i have used karin herzog for yrs .The vita a kombi 2 with apricot and the eye cream ,i also use the essential mask and have tried the choco range.Recentley i have broke out on my neck with around 10 angry red spots which look so bad .This happened over a week and really is getting me down .I suffered acne in that area for around 3 yrs when i was in my twenties ,it eventually cleared up but cant remeber what i used.I called karin herzog up today as i no they claim some of the products help acne breakouts.I have the 4% silloutte cream the lady told me to put this on my neck and it will really help clear it fast as it will stop the bacteria .What i dont get is why this breakout happened in the first place when i have been using the vita a kombi 2 .I thought spots couldnt grow when oxygen was applied to the skin.Or maybe the 2% isnt strong enough for that reason.Has anyone had a similiar problem to mine and tried the silloutte cream on face or neck.I really hope this works as i dont even want to go out its that bad. xx
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Hello marcia36.....you say you have been using the vita a kombi 2%, but have you also been using it on your neck consistently? Because if you've only been using it on your face then it wouldn't prevent break outs from occurring on your neck. I think the 4% should help clear it up.

When I have any kind of break outs on my face I use the vit a kombi 3% with excellent results. But I only use it when I have problems which is why every now and then I will get a break out here and there. I don't use the 3% every day. It's just not necessary.

If you have been using the 2% every day on your neck and developed the break outs then the only thing I can think of is that 2% isn't strong enough. Perhaps you should be using 3% or 4% in that area every day.

Hope this helps you a little.
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hi thanks for the reply.I use the 2% on my face and neck have done for around 2yrs but never had a breakout like this before since starting it.I want to update on my progress since starting the silloutte 4% on tuesday .I had broke out on each side of my neck with about 10 huge cystic spots they were so red and really awfull looking.I applied the cream around 4 times on the tuesday throughout the day ,my skin became very very red but i new then it was doing something.The next day, day 2 my skin was very dry and still red with some more spots coming out ,then by night time there was like a scab developing on both sides and the spots were going down in size.Day 3 i woke to find basically scabs but every spot more or less gone.I then applied it just twice a day and by the evening it was looking so much better .Day 4 today the scabs have came off ,spots nearly all away ,skin looks a little red but dosent seem to be scarred.I cant express how bad my neck looked Huge red cystic boils it was so bad i have hardly been over the door ,i was just glad i had taken a week off work as i work in a hospital and couldnt have went in with the state i was in.I have taken pictures everyday morning and evening to see the progress but i have no idea how to upload them on the eds site.All i can say is this cream is unbeleivable ,even my husband says he cant beleive how quick it got rid of the spots .I had acne on my neck for 2 years in my twenties and i had tried everything but nothing worked .I wish i had known about the silloutte cream then.I am going to now use the rest on my thighs to see if it can work miracles on my cellulite to but will need to give that a try for at least 3 months as i dont beleive in just trying something for a few weeks as it took years to develop the problem why then would it dissapear in a few weeks .I will update my results on this too.xx
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2012 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
marcia36....thank you for your update. I am so happy that everything has cleared up. The oxygen products are truly amazing, aren't they? Although I have not had the problem you had, I do have very sensitive skin and I easily break out when I have used something to irritate it. Once I used a foundation that had silicone in it and this ingredient always causes me to break out. Usually I only get things under control in a week or two. However, I was lucky enough to have the vita kombi 3% and in just two days my skin was clear!! Nothing short of miraculous.

Please keep us posted on your progress.
marcia36
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2012 12:20 am      Reply with quote
Yes i will keep you updated on my progress.I also meant to mention that when i called the karin herzog distributor here in the uk she also told me to put the sillhoute cream under my arms on my arm pits ,she said this would also help clear any blockages in my lymph system.I have been doing this also.It also acts as a deodarant.The products are great but i have to stress like with anything it takes a good amount of time to see what they can really do.xx
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I am sorry if this has been asked and answered, but at 119 pages, I am lost!

Ok read further, I think I could just incorporate the mask but would I still need to use a vit A product, since the mask has it in it?
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny....the essential mask has 2% oxygen in it so you can use it alone. What I usually do is just wear it overnight with nothing else over it.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Tiny....the essential mask has 2% oxygen in it so you can use it alone. What I usually do is just wear it overnight with nothing else over it.

Thank you, so it stays moist all night? and I guess my question was not layering with the mask, but would there be a need to put on vit A later, since this mask has it already?
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
tiny....do you mean over the essential mask? Nothing needs to be layered over the mask because it is pretty moisturizing. I have dry skin, and when I wear the mask overnight I don't find I need any extra moisture. However, should your skin feel a little dry it is certainly okay to layer over it any moisturizer that you are currently using. You don't need a vita kombi product since the mask has 2% oxygen.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
tiny....do you mean over the essential mask? Nothing needs to be layered over the mask because it is pretty moisturizing. I have dry skin, and when I wear the mask overnight I don't find I need any extra moisture. However, should your skin feel a little dry it is certainly okay to layer over it any moisturizer that you are currently using. You don't need a vita kombi product since the mask has 2% oxygen.

I am sorry I am not wording this right. I meant do I need a separate vit A to apply in the morning. Since the mask already has A in it, I could then take A out of my routine?
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
The essential mask is more of a once in a while treatment. If you choose to use it overnight then I would imagine you would wash it off in the morning. Then you may apply a vita kombi cream to wear during the day. But, it is not necessary to apply a vita kombi cream over the essential mask. Did I get it right this time, tiny? I'm so sorry. I had a rather long day and I must be a little brain dead. If I missed your question just ask it again.

I think the point to remember is that you can use the essential mask P.M. and a vita kombi cream A.M. But it's not necessary together.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
The essential mask is more of a once in a while treatment. If you choose to use it overnight then I would imagine you would wash it off in the morning. Then you may apply a vita kombi cream to wear during the day. But, it is not necessary to apply a vita kombi cream over the essential mask. Did I get it right this time, tiny? I'm so sorry. I had a rather long day and I must be a little brain dead. If I missed your question just ask it again.

I think the point to remember is that you can use the essential mask P.M. and a vita kombi cream A.M. But it's not necessary together.

Thank you, sorry I've been so dense!
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2012 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
No need to apologize. I think I'm the one whose been a little slow today Laughing
taligator
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:04 pm      Reply with quote
Skinterra is having a 20% + $20 giftcard even for June. The code is SUMMER20. If you don't mind splitting your order you can buy one or two things and then get a $20 card to buy more and then get another card .. and so on and so on. Hah!

They also have free shipping over $50.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
That's an excellent offer taligator. I'm due to repurchase some of my beloved KH favorites. Thank you for posting this.
taligator
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I know! It's a great deal. I purchased the Vita-A-Apricot Cream since my skin is a lot drier here in this wet climate (go figure!).

It's a new one for me, I've been using the Vita-A-AHA very successfully this past year but this I need a little more moisture.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:51 am      Reply with quote
taligator.....the skin can make you crazy. Sometimes dry sometimes not. I keep a variety of creams on hand to fit the temperamental needs of my skin. So when websites offer good sales and discounts I always stock up.
taligator
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:56 am      Reply with quote
I can't really stock up as much as I'd like which annoys me but I do what I can.

I have a lot of the Herzog products and love most of them. I really don't like the mild scrub, it just doesn't come off my skin, it's like scrub glue. Smile

I think the thing I like the most about these products is how fast they work. If I neglect my skin for a few weeks and it starts to look bad, I can slap on the essential mask and then use my cream and in two days it looks great again. The downside to it is that I'm not as diligent as I could be! Smile
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
The essential mask is awesome. It does wonders for the skin overnight. I always make sure I have this product in the house and just wouldn't be without it. I also love the AHA with 1% oxygen. It's so gentle on the skin. I also love the Choco2. Well, KH just has so many great products.
taligator
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
I've never slept with the mask on. I suppose I could get some junky pillowcases and try it. I usually just leave it on for half hour to an hour.

I have the Professional Cleanser but find it annoying to use and so it doesn't get used much. I have the Cleansing milk too but it's so watery that I don't use it much either. Smile

I keep wanting to try other things but my experience with the non-essentials hasn't been very positive. They aren't bad products, I just don't LIKE using them.

I also have the Vitamin H which I like and use but it's very rich so it only gets used on the driest bits of my face.

I have age spots on my forehead that I'm trying to get rid of and not having much success. *sigh*
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:09 am      Reply with quote
You don't have to worry about the essential mask being messy. You only put on a very thin layer that the skin will completely absorb. It really is a great mask. You will love it. It makes the skin super soft and glowing.
taligator
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the Vita-A+Apricot a few times. It's quite heavy. It's nice but I think what I'll do is go back to using it at night after I clean my face. I tend to get away from doing that. It's easy to stop doing it.

I'll then wash my face in the shower and expect it to look good but it doesn't.

*sigh* You'd think I would learn ...

Now to pick up what I need next, I really do need more Vita-A-Kombi with AHA and I want to get more of the Essential Mask for stock. Smile
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:19 am      Reply with quote
It's wonderful that you are doing so well with KH. I have been using it nightly for about 5 years now and it has become one of my favorites.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |