Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you BluesHeart for the indepth coverage of the cleansing cream. I appreciate it! Smile What is the one KH product you would purchase if you could only choose one? I've been doing a little research and she has something called Additional Day Cream which can be used in addition to the other creams if they aren't hydrating enough. Both Spalook.com and Dermstore.com are now selling this line.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
Thank you BluesHeart for the indepth coverage of the cleansing cream. I appreciate it! Smile What is the one KH product you would purchase if you could only choose one? I've been doing a little research and she has something called Additional Day Cream which can be used in addition to the other creams if they aren't hydrating enough. Both Spalook.com and Dermstore.com are now selling this line.

It would be either one of the Vita K formulations or the Oxygen cream, depending on your skin and what you want. I think the Vita K's are considered the star of the line. And my experience would probably concur.

Riley, I haven't tried the gentle milk. According the official sites, it's the one recommended for oilier people. Or those who prefer a more traditional cleanser.

Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
I'm one of the lucky people to receive samples of KH from Blues. Along with samples of the Mask, Vita A, the scrub and a big ol' tube of the Oxygen Cream, I bought the eye cream and the Vita Facial oil. It's too soon to say what it does do, but I can say what it doesn't do -- No irritation, no breakouts. Good news so far!

Yogi, what do you think of the eye cream so far? How's it going with that?
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Havana,
I've only had it about a week, so too soon to see much. That said, I do think that the skin under my eyes is somewhat smoother -- maybe plumper? I do use it on my lids too. I haven't been putting anything on top and the other day I had a little dryness under one eye, so I'm going to use a little oil on top. I wonder if the facial oil can be used in the eye area? Anyway, I also just ordered the Vita A 2.

What are you going to order? (And congrats Havana!!!)
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hey sister sweets, right now I have just started using the cleansing cream and apricot oil. I have been using the vita-A apricot on and off for a few months. I also have a sample of the H cream which is very different. It is yellow and is suppose to be used by itself or with the vita kombi creams.I also have tried the mask a couple of times and really like it.

After all this talk with all of you I called and talked to the fabulous lady at the USA office. She gave me a lot of great information.

She use to work for a plastic surgeon and got to try out many different lines than she tried Karin Herzog and she said NOTHING cleared up her acne like this. She left and went to work for them and has never strayed from the line for over 10 years.

She has a very simple routine:
Cleansing cream
scrub once a week
mask once a week
eye cream
and in the winter she switches over to the
vit-A apricot.
She has her sisters and brothers of 7 using it, her parents, daughters and her grandmother over 90, all because of the way her skin looks.

She use to use retin A and says that nothing compares to this line. My skin has been a little dehydrated and she said it probably is because of my skin adjusting to the oxygen. I am going to really try to stick with this one for awhile.
havana8

Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
Hi Havana,
I've only had it about a week, so too soon to see much. That said, I do think that the skin under my eyes is somewhat smoother -- maybe plumper? I do use it on my lids too. I haven't been putting anything on top and the other day I had a little dryness under one eye, so I'm going to use a little oil on top. I wonder if the facial oil can be used in the eye area? Anyway, I also just ordered the Vita A 2.

What are you going to order? (And congrats Havana!!!)

Thanks, Yogi! (and thanks, Yogi Wink ) It actually sounds promising. I would think that you could use the Vita-A-Kombi Facial Oil underneath only because they describe it as being ideal for dry or dehydrated skins.

I am trying my hardest to finish some stuff up first so am not sure yet.... but, to start, I was thinking probably the Vita-A Kombi and maybe the eye cream. The Vitamin H cream and Professional Cleanser also sound interesting to me.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
Hey sister sweets, right now I have just started using the cleansing cream and apricot oil. I have been using the vita-A apricot on and off for a few months. I also have a sample of the H cream which is very different. It is yellow and is suppose to be used by itself or with the vita kombi creams.I also have tried the mask a couple of times and really like it.

After all this talk with all of you I called and talked to the fabulous lady at the USA office. She gave me a lot of great information.

She use to work for a plastic surgeon and got to try out many different lines than she tried Karin Herzog and she said NOTHING cleared up her acne like this. She left and went to work for them and has never strayed from the line for over 10 years.

She has a very simple routine:
Cleansing cream
scrub once a week
mask once a week
eye cream
and in the winter she switches over to the
vit-A apricot.
She has her sisters and brothers of 7 using it, her parents, daughters and her grandmother over 90, all because of the way her skin looks.

She use to use retin A and says that nothing compares to this line. My skin has been a little dehydrated and she said it probably is because of my skin adjusting to the oxygen. I am going to really try to stick with this one for awhile.

I got a little dry too Cookie, about two weeks after starting the line and then again two weeks into adding the Vita 2. I've found that I have to be careful and not apply the Vita K past my cheekbones. I'm awaiting the verdict on the eye cream from Yogi. I quit all acids this week. No more HA or DMAE.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Blues heart, I like the eye cream, that doesn't really seem to dry me out. I really like the cleansing cream. I have been using Kanebo cleansing oil for many years and never wanted to switch, but with the KH my skin just seems to look healthy. At work I dropped a box on my head Mad and it scraped a good part of the side of my face. That was 6 days ago and it is completely gone.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Another review on KH from ten years ago with ratings of each product: http://goinside.com/98/12/herzog.html
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:42 am      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
Blues heart, I like the eye cream, that doesn't really seem to dry me out. I really like the cleansing cream. I have been using Kanebo cleansing oil for many years and never wanted to switch, but with the KH my skin just seems to look healthy. At work I dropped a box on my head Mad and it scraped a good part of the side of my face. That was 6 days ago and it is completely gone.

Sorry Cookie, I thought you only had the Apricot. Wow. That's something about the scrape on your face healing so quickly.

mpstat, thanks for posting that article. I really want to try that Silhouette.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Silhouette also caught my attention. I am contemplating to order Silhouette and Vita-A-Kombi 2 to try the line. I am wrapping up with the JM Booster and after I am done with it, I will try KH.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:05 am      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Silhouette also caught my attention. I am contemplating to order Silhouette and Vita-A-Kombi 2 to try the line. I am wrapping up with the JM Booster and after I am done with it, I will try KH.

Mpstat, what are you thinking on the Booster. I'm on my ninth day. Good choices for the KH, btw.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart - JM Booster is probably a good product, but I feel that I did not get lots of improvement, so I will not re-order it. At the same time I do not have wrinkles and almost no fine lines, which means I can not see lots of difference to start with. If there would be a difference, it would be more settled, so I go more with the feeling. I use just a few products (camellia/essential oils, Cellbone) and like to keep my routine simple. How about you do you like JM Booster?

KH drew my attention because I have seen oxygen impact on skin in different circumstances. If KH delivers something similar it would be great. Plus I have heard really good feedback for H2O2 internal intake, and already was getting ready to try it. (Surprisingly enough for internal intake similar impact has vodka+oil regimen. It sounds weird, but somehow both work in similar lines.)
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat,
It's probably too soon to tell but at this point I'm not impressed enough to try it again at that price. I see such improvement with KH that I'm going to stick with this. I'm not wrinkle ridden either so maybe that's the thing. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Just received this for those interested in KH

http://www.eskinstore.com/ProductCart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=1040

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Frodo. Have you shopped with them? JoElla gives ten percent off any Herzog order over $50 plus I think the shipping is free. BUT...the more you buy, the bigger the discount at Eskin? I've not purchased from them. Am I reading this correctly? Hmm. A group purchase perhaps?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I can't remember if I have ordered from them. It's possible I got on the mailing list from another company. I have been receiving emails from them for some time though. I'm all for free shipping and it seems to me that more and more companies are doing this along with free samples. A $50 minimum is pretty good these days as a lot of products cost just about that much.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hello All,
I placed my order with JoElla. Went for the professional cleanser, Kombi2%, Essential mask and Calm - JoElla told me it has firming capabilities and Dr Ben and the wife use it for this - good enough for me.

Can't wait to get going - interested in how the cleanser will work out on my oily skin. JoElla told me I can use the Kombi2% over my other actives (JM Booster right now, C's and CP's) at night.

A side here: For me the MBooster has given me a nice skin texture - not a glow, but a softness. It's nice - hard to explain, but different than what I've seen with C's. And you only need to use it I think twice a year. I'm pleased with it. For me, the results are not for wrinkling but overall complexion boost. I'd say the results came in very noticeable after two steady weeks of twice a day use.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Sister -

Which product is the Calm? TIA
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
Sister -

Which product is the Calm? TIA

Yogi, she's referring to a product from Osmosis.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
I also ordered KH Silhouette, Vita-A-Kombi 2, and Oxygen Face Cream today.
Glad that JM Booster worked for you sister sweets! I hoped to see some results similar to what you described, unfortunately I did not see any difference.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
I also ordered KH Silhouette, Vita-A-Kombi 2, and Oxygen Face Cream today.
Glad that JM Booster worked for you sister sweets! I hoped to see some results similar to what you described, unfortunately I did not see any difference.

Ohhhh. I can't wait to hear what you think of the Silhouette.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
Sure BluesHeart Very Happy - Silhouette seems to be the most potent in terms of oxygen content 4%. What is interesting Kombi3 is recommended for spot treatments, and Silhouette is OK for all over the body. Why is that?... maybe because Kombi3 is for face as opposed to body, but then Silhouette should be fine for spot treatments too, instead of Kombi3...
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:
Sure BluesHeart Very Happy - Silhouette seems to be the most potent in terms of oxygen content 4%. What is interesting Kombi3 is recommended for spot treatments, and Silhouette is OK for all over the body. Why is that?... maybe because Kombi3 is for face as opposed to body, but then Silhouette should be fine for spot treatments too, instead of Kombi3...

I would imagine because it's for the face. I need to go compare the ingredients between the two. I've been very tempted to try the Vita K 3 on an old scar. Tonight I'm wearing the Essential Mask and I've going to sleep in it. Anyone who ordered the Scrub. Let me know what you think. Maybe I need to rethink it. Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
mpstat wrote:

I would imagine that the other ingredients in the two products would differ.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |