Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 9:53 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Re: the oxygen cream - just got a few samples from JoElla -
blues: do you use this when you have a break out? Or do you use as a mask treatment? I got them for my son to use originally. But I may sneak a bit.
Sis

Not Blues, but I use it at any sign of a breakout, but if I use it once a day I don't have any breakouts at all. It an also be used as a mask.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rubby, I think you've gotten good advice here from Yogi and Sis. I don't have breakout problems BUT when I first started, these bumps formed under the surface that contained what I think was old sebum. The Oxy seemed to help that process. I've also put a dab on my son when I saw a pimple coming and it was stopped in it's tracks. I think that Vonstella is using it once a day, in the morning if I remember correctly. That might be how you want to start, as Yogi said. She's probably a good person to ask as well since she does have some experience with break outs. I'm sure there are others as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Sis, I ordered the oxy cream for the at-home facial and also for help with any breakouts. I do use the VK2 2x/day, which keeps me mostly breakout free.

I'm hoping the oxy cream will be the final dagger in any issues but I should add, I am only breaking out when I use the CC so I've stopped for now. Could be detox or something else, as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 10:24 am      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Sis, I ordered the oxy cream for the at-home facial and also for help with any breakouts. I do use the VK2 2x/day, which keeps me mostly breakout free.

I'm hoping the oxy cream will be the final dagger in any issues but I should add, I am only breaking out when I use the CC so I've stopped for now. Could be detox or something else, as well.

Oh poo Scally, I think I'd be sobbing if I had to give up this delectable cleanser. I really like the dry method so thanks Marina for passing that on. Scally, can you use it at all? That was when I started having trouble, maybe it is detox but who wants to risk it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, Blues, tell me about it. Sad Wah! I tried it again after our do-not-use-water discussion but I broke out in two or three spots so stopped. It could be due to a detox, because I started that back up again at the same time so...I will try it again but have to wait until everything calms down again. Oh the joy. LOL

Not a major problem, though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
I love that cleanser. I actually look forward to the evening face washing ritual. Maybe I'll do the oxygen facial this week. I just read in one of the many literature pieces that you should put three strips of saran wrap over it - for 10 minutes I think? I've been saving all of my info. Anybody else remember reading the three strip advice?

Has everyone ordered the tonic? I just got the eyecream so need to havae some restraint for another week or two. Need to buy groceries this week Laughing
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
ooh,ooh, my first order just arrived!

I placed an order for just the scrub and mask at first, then the more I read the more I became convinced I needed to try this whole line too-

can hardly wait for the next order to arrive- the scrub was diffent from any other I have ever used, quite nice, not scratchy, my skin loved it- I was not sure how much to use, so filled the little dip in the "spoon" provided and by adding water it was plenty to go around nicely, so that tube will go a long ways.

As I write I have the mask on- trying to decide just how long to leave it. It too was different from any other I have used, felt kind of greasy, but went on very well. Presently feels very good on my face, not tight and dry like so many and with a light perfume smell. Will probably go about 15 minutes since I do have to get ready for a banquet tonight in honor of our youngest who is graduating h.s. this year. I wil let you know what I think...
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
As I mentioned in a previous post I started to use the Vita A Apricot as I was desperate to get my skin back on an even keel which it now is. Very Happy

I do like the range and the results its given me (also considering P8N8) but I do still have a niggle about the whole free radical thing with regards to using H2O2 on your skin. I know its stabilised but I am concerned about the longterm effects of using Hydrogen Peroxide on my skin long term and not sure how it being stabilised changes the chemistry? I know psadhaka (Darren) posted on a few threads about not using it on your skin as it was damaging long term.

Can anyone put my mind at rest? I really like the way my skin looks but thats pointless if it means it'll look bad later on due to premature ageing from free radical damage which is what concerns me. I am wondering if using it as an occasional boost would be 'safer'? hmm .

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
As I mentioned in a previous post I started to use the Vita A Apricot as I was desperate to get my skin back on an even keel which it now is. Very Happy

I do like the range and the results its given me (also considering P8N8) but I do still have a niggle about the whole free radical thing with regards to using H2O2 on your skin. I know its stabilised but I am concerned about the longterm effects of using Hydrogen Peroxide on my skin long term and not sure how it being stabilised changes the chemistry? I know psadhaka (Darren) posted on a few threads about not using it on your skin as it was damaging long term.

Can anyone put my mind at rest? I really like the way my skin looks but thats pointless if it means it'll look bad later on due to premature ageing from free radical damage which is what concerns me. I am wondering if using it as an occasional boost would be 'safer'? hmm .

Hi Lucia, I don't what to say to you as I don't think there are any absolutes. When I was researching this line the oxygen issue and the ingredient list gave me a moment of *blink blink* but I read a little more and paid some attention to the article on this method that was written by a Dermatologist and then I went and looked at the skin of the woman whose been using it the longest, Karin Herzog and decided she looked just fine to me. This is my opinion but I think what makes this different than the other brands that advertise oxygen is the way it is actually delivered INTO the skin versus on top of it. This line can actually track the oxygen moving into the skin versus sitting on top of it. Lastly, as a Pilates instructor, I know the power of the breath and what proper breath and directing the breath into specific body parts can do. I was sick of acids, peptides and all the modern ingredients and oxygen made sense to me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Ditto what Blues said re: the creator, Karin Herzog. She's in her 80s and looks absolutely stunning. I think that's proof enough for me that the products do indeed work as advertised. So, I'm not worried at all about free radical damage given she's been using them for what (?) over 40 years, isn't it? I know the line's been around about 20 but I'd gather she had first dibs. Smile

BTW, just got my JoElla order - lightning fast - and so I'm planning to try a new addition out tonight...oh, the excitement!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Just my 2 cents here, but I don't think anyone can guarantee that with any topical that people are using now, Lucia. Everything we apply to the skin is absorbed into our bodies, so really who knows what effects all the topical stuff we use is long term on the skin, as well as internally. I used Obagi, which some people think is horrible because of the hydroquinone. I got great results with that line, but I was not comfortable using it long term. During the time I was on Obagi, my liver enzymes became elevated (I don't drink any alcohol and nothing was different in my eating, lifestyle, etc., except the Retin A and hydroquinone). So, I know for a fact that either Retin A or hydroquinone affected me internally. Bottom line is that everyone has to make their own informed decision on what feels right for them to do and no one can give you any guarantees. Sorry, this got very long winded and I did not intend it to!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
I had heard about potential detrimintal effects of oxygen too. But was hoping this was a different animal. It's been around so long; you would expect to have some results-oriented negative reports. I haven't come across any yet.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Scally - what are we testing today? Laughing
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Let's hear it. Probably something I don't have. And no eye cream yet. *sigh* I'm guessing Scally is playing with her Silhouette.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Oooh, ahhh, I'm trying out the Vitamin H and the Vita A Kombi facial oil somewhere in the mix (probably under my eyes). I love the smell of both items!

ETA: Didn't get the Silhouette yet but dropped a bunch of cash, nonetheless! I'm trying to use up all my other cellulite creams first but it's going bye-bye, anyway, so it might be a moot point!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Oooh, ahhh, I'm trying out the Vitamin H and the Vita A Kombi facial oil somewhere in the mix (probably under my eyes). I love the smell of both items!

Ohhhh. Yes, the Vita oil smells yummy! But damnit, I hate that bottle!!! The H smells...different. Can't wait to hear your opinion on the H. What about that color?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
Ohhhh. Yes, the Vita oil smells yummy! But damnit, I hate that bottle!!! The H smells...different. Can't wait to hear your opinion on the H. What about that color?

Fortunately, the color didn't freak me out since you warned all of us. LOL I didn't notice anything weird about the oil bottle - other than it might spill easily (?) - maybe I got sidetracked by the delish smell. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

Fortunately, the color didn't freak me out since you warned all of us. LOL I didn't notice anything weird about the oil bottle - other than it might spill easily (?) - maybe I got sidetracked by the delish smell. Laughing

I complained about it to Yogi...I wouldn't shut up about it but she's not complained so maybe it's me. LOL. I found it impossible to get out two drops. I was getting puddles.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:
BluesHeart wrote:

I complained about it to Yogi...I wouldn't shut up about it but she's not complained so maybe it's me. LOL. I found it impossible to get out two drops. I was getting puddles.

It's an annoying bottle, but not imposible. I put my finger over the top and tip it over a couple of times. But I like more then *two* drops.lol
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Wanna hear about the oil from Scally. What is happening with the silhouette cream. They're going to stop making it?
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
Dancing I placed my order Dancing !!!

Here is what I'm getting:
* Oxy Face cream
* Vita-a-Kombi 2
* Vitamin H
I also asked for a sample of V-a-K 1, so hopefully I get that as well.

I skipped the eye cream and the cleansing cream for now (had to make sure the tab doesn't get too high).

I am very excited and can hardly wait to receive my creams Wink .

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Wanna hear about the oil from Scally. What is happening with the silhouette cream. They're going to stop making it?

Sis, I used the oil tonight and followed the routine that Rileygirl posted aways back:

-Cleanse (I used the Milk)
-Toner (put in bottle and misted on)
-Fruit Acid Cream (massaged in and will use 3x/week)
-Vita A Kombi Oil (2 drops on wet hands patted all over face and neck)
-Vita A Kombi 2 (goes on easier even w/brush after using the VAK Oil)
-Vita A Kombi Oil around eyes and on lips
-Eye Cream around eyes and a dot on lips over VAK Oil (read about this somewhere earlier in thread so am testing)

I'll give the Vitamin H a whirl tomorrow morning and let you all know how it goes after a few days or so. Regarding the oil, I had no problems blocking the top with a finger, tipping, and repeating on another finger to get the two drops. Since my hands were damp, the oil was easy to spread (mixed in hands first). Hopefully, this won't break me out but I did use Jurlique and DeCleor facial oils w/no problems if I kept it to only two drops.

Not sure, if I'll see anything after one use of the Fruit Acid Cream but will report any findings that I think are a result.

Don't think the Silhouette is being discontinued, Sis. Not sure where that came from.

Good for you, rubby. I hope you find the KH as great as we all do. I'm seriously in high love with this line. If you ordered from JoElla, she's great about samples - I got quite a few little satchels in my order today.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to add that I'm intrigued about the 3 month on/3 month off plan that some of you talked about earlier (heard it from one of the ladies who sells both 302 and KH, perhaps).

Are you ladies still planning to do this or alternate days (saw some of you plan this on the 302 thread). You all like to live dangerously. LOL I wouldn't know which end was up, if I alternated days! Laughing

Curious how it's going to work out but oh, the confusion!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
I'm waiting to get feedback from Sis on the C boost. I'm hoping that lilredhead will pop in here as well to give us the scoop. Riley too ordered some but she's waiting til she hits the one month mark with the Herzog. I'm very interested with his theory on some points and maybe I'm more intrigued with the theory than the actual products. LOL. I'm including the hot washcloth over my face while I go back and forth. Definitely interested in either of his C products. My problem is that I don't see wanting to give the KH up for three months so the only option for me is to alternate days. You have the 302 drops. Tell us more.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 05, 2008 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Okay - the C Boost hath arrived. Tomorrow is the first hit. Have to give up my VK2 for the day but I'm giving it a go. Will do the intial impression tomorrow night and then more as I put in a few weeks.
Sis
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |