Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Ladies, I need your help. Since KH will now be sold on EDS I'm thinking of trying some products from this line. I just finished reading the reviews on MUA and the concesus seems to be that many with dry skin find that KH products have made their skin drier. I have extremely dry/sensitive skin. Can anyone help me out and tell me whether or not this is true or is it a matter of choosing the right KH product for the right skin type? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have dry skin, and my skin has not become any dryer with KH. On the contrary, I think it's more hydrated. The only exception to that was when I used a sample of the Vita A Apricot. The next day my skin was quite dry.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
rubby wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:

I haven't been this excited about any other product on EDS, I must say.

Me neither!??! And I am yet to try and test this stuff on my skin?! What's up with that? Shock ?

You guys and your damn reviews Wink are way too dangerous for my common sense and my CC Rolling Eyes.

I swear its a disease! Really!

What other products are you eyeballin'?

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have oily skin and to my great surprise I love the Professional cream cleanser. I also use the VK2, eye cream and the essential mask. All good.

Highly recommend - best line ever.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Yogi...thank you for your post. I p.m. Havana8 as BluesHeart advised and she also gave me some great tips on which KH products to use on sensitive skin. It really is about understanding her product line and choosing the right one.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:

What other products are you eyeballin'?

Vonstella,
I am looking at: Essential Mask, Eye Cream, and Cleansing Cream.
Do you have any thoughts on Cleansing Cream vs. Cleansing Milk?
Thanks, R.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Im no help, I would say to get them all!

I love the eye cream (fab as a lip treatment too, so much so I would buy it just for that), I love the Essential mask and Cleansing Milk as well. I would get both cleansers, Im about to order the Chocolate CC to remove make up and follow with the Cleansing milk (if necessary). I like the Milk for morning but find that it doesnt remove a full face of MU, I dont really think it is suppose to though. Hope that helps!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
I am thinking of the fruit acids for use under the VK2. Also the vk oil - waiting for green light from Scally - my oily faced counterpart. Other items I am considering are the Vit H and the tonic. And the oxygen for the oxygen facial....

Just tried silhouette for first time tonight. Will keep it going for a week and report back.

Note: for those who asked about the 302 CBoost - I used it yesterday and NO KH except cleansing cream at night and eye cream. I noticed my NL folds looked noticeably more pronounced yesterday. Today back on with the VK2 and looking good.

Although I just had an artefill appt at 5:00 pm and now it's really looking good. Wink (but not my bank account Embarassed )

The derm was impressed with my skin texture.... I didn't even need a full syringe.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
the Choco2 looks intriguing to me.

Anybody try this? Updates on the Vit H from the oily-skin gals?

I'm working on an order here - didn't spend enough today I guess Laughing

Actually I'll probably give it a few days but it's fun putting it down and planning.

EDS doesn't have my account right yet. They have two email addresses and I never get a free gift the times I've ordered. Most disappointing. So I'll try to straighten that out first. Must contact someone with power...
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

Anybody try this?

I ordered it today from JoElla. I asked her if it was like the oxy face but chocolate, and she said yes it can be used in the same way. Love the oxy face, but why not have chocolate too?
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:

EDS doesn't have my account right yet. They have two email addresses and I never get a free gift the times I've ordered. Most disappointing. So I'll try to straighten that out first. Must contact someone with power...

It's funny you brought this up. I too have a problem with two e-mail addresses and my member discount not showing when I shop.
I e-mailed EDS earlier tonight (right after I learned they now carry KH), so hopefully that will be sorted out soon. To be honest, I don't need my member discount for this purchase as the Mother's special is a better deal, so I'll go with that. I'll let you know what EDS folks say and if they were able to fix the problem.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
Rubby - Let me know how you make out. I'm so upset about this.. It's one of the big benefits of being a part of the whole thing. I've tried in the past and nothing has happened. Personally I don't think it's very user friendly in terms of taking care of these sorts of things. Love the site and love the way they treat members - just those of us who fall through the cracks.... sniff sniff.

Well let me know. Good luck....
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
sister sweets wrote:

Anybody try this?

I ordered it today from JoElla. I asked her if it was like the oxy face but chocolate, and she said yes it can be used in the same way. Love the oxy face, but why not have chocolate too?

Yogi - I saw this promoted as part of a chocolate facial - UK site - and it seemed like a great thing to try... It seems like they were promoting this as having additional benefits due to the chocolate - a step above the regular OF... Please let us know your thoughts. We're all in love with KH here.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 07, 2008 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
I think that like the oxy face you can use it as a facial or as a daily treatment. Yum!

Also JoElle said that the Herzogs have new research showing the benefits of the oxy on the skin. She said that she'll email the info to me as soon as she has it. Of course, I'll post it immediately!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 4:32 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I am thinking of the fruit acids for use under the VK2. Also the vk oil - waiting for green light from Scally - my oily faced counterpart. Other items I am considering are the Vit H and the tonic. And the oxygen for the oxygen facial....

Hello, hello and back with an update. I really like the VAK Oil but I use just the slightest amount of product (cover the opening and tip over the bottle onto pads of two fingers and then dab over just spritzed toner to spread). It helps control the oil big time (found out this trick in the past but the key is to use very, very little for my oily skin).

Today, I used the Vit H but much less this time on my face (about 1/2 of the scoop). I'm certain I overdid it the first time I used it because I had a few, teeny breakouts. Of course, this could be the combo of oil and VH as these are the two new things I've added. I did not use the H yesterday in order to give myself a break. I did slather it (in comparison) on my chest and neck, though. I think that I might stick with the oil only in the daytime since I do have oily skin and I don't want to go overboard.

So glad to hear about your Artefill! Awesome! I had Juvaderm once but if I was going to go for something permanent, it'll definitely be Artefill. I think the recurring cost and pain of the other options is a waste.

Can't shout from the rooftops enough about how GREAT the Oxygen 3% is for the body. Awesome!

Also, I love the Oxygen Face and have used it in place of the VK2 a few times (day) but my main goal is to keep it for my Saturday Spa Day Facial (I'm easily amused and self-entertaining).

Lastly, here's a tip for getting those email issues addressed on EDS. Change your email for the EDS shop to match the one you use for the forum. Then, it will recognize your discount. You can do so in your Profile after you click on the gold EDS icon on the top left corner of the page.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Anyone know why EDS doesn't have the silhouette or tonus? Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Scally - Bless you - I'm off to give this a try....
tuningmyheart
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart you might try again- they are listed if you go to the side bar an click on KH- everything does not pull up on the new items list, but it is all there by clicking on her products specifically.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
tuningmyheart wrote:
BluesHeart you might try again- they are listed if you go to the side bar an click on KH- everything does not pull up on the new items list, but it is all there by clicking on her products specifically.

Bless your heart! Thank you, Tuning.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
And here we are, back from the Skincare Wars. Rolling Eyes Interestingly, just yesterday, as she mentioned, Yogi spoke with JoE yesterday and they got to talking about research on the KH line. JoE is sending Yogi the new materials. I'm sure she'll let us know the scoop.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Can't wait to hear from Yogi on the research as I am most intrigued now. I'm so glad that I've seen the light and am now wildly concerned that the KH line might be causing irreparable damage and free radicals to attach with abandon. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Can't wait to hear from Yogi on the research as I am most intrigued now. I'm so glad that I've seen the light and am now wildly concerned that the KH line might be causing irreparable damage and free radicals to attach with abandon. Laughing

I see them, they're eating you alive, those pesky free rads. tsk tsk. Laughing I must admit, that when I was researching new lines to use, I did have a moment's pause. Eat away, you pesky buggers cause at least I look goood.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
LOL! You know, I wasn't going to post this pic but I took it one day to show how GREAT my skin is looking with KH. I am wearing NO MMU or foundation at all - not even a dusting. There is just a tiny bit of Lauren Hutton's yellow concealer over what's left of my broken caps.

Proof is in the pudding:

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
that is the best I've ever seen your skin look. It's glowing. Thanks for posting.

edited

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
I agree Scally, your skin looks AMAZING! I have to take my laptop in to be serviced tonight but when I get it back I will post a pic too.

rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 08, 2008 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Wow Scalawag, your skin does look great! I am so happy to see your skin do so well with KH as you and I have a similray skin type - oily and breakout prone (although I must say, you have much better skin tone). Well done!

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:42 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |