Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Review: Karin Herzog skincare

EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Author Message
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 5982
Thu May 08, 2008 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Can't wait to hear from Yogi on the research as I am most intrigued now. I'm so glad that I've seen the light and am now wildly concerned that the KH line might be causing irreparable damage and free radicals to attach with abandon. Laughing


If this line has the potential to cause so much damage - where are the people who've used it in the last 20 years? Why aren't they coming forth and telling the public what a menace this skincare line is? Probably all in caves hiding Laughing

Plus the O2 facial thing is alive and well. Big time in NYC - Manhattan salons. And big bucks too
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Thu May 08, 2008 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
scalawaggirl wrote:
Can't wait to hear from Yogi on the research as I am most intrigued now. I'm so glad that I've seen the light and am now wildly concerned that the KH line might be causing irreparable damage and free radicals to attach with abandon. Laughing


If this line has the potential to cause so much damage - where are the people who've used it in the last 20 years? Why aren't they coming forth and telling the public what a menace this skincare line is? Probably all in caves hiding Laughing

Plus the O2 facial thing is alive and well. Big time in NYC - Manhattan salons. And big bucks too


Aspen too.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Jul 2006
Posts: 1701
Thu May 08, 2008 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
M'kay, here ya go. No makeup at all in natural lighting. You can see on my lower cheek the faint post acne marks, fading daily. Considering about a month ago my cheeks and chin were literally covered in blood red marks-Im thrilled! Extreme eye bags are gone too! Never had better faster results with ant other line.

Image

Btw, the spots on my lower lip and right by my eye are actually the result of getting woken up by a metal toy truck being smashed on my face this morning, not acne! Razz

_________________
27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
havana8
Moderator

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Sep 2005
Posts: 3386
Thu May 08, 2008 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Both you ladies look beauuuuutiful as does your skin! Smile
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Posts: 1862
Thu May 08, 2008 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Von, your skin is looking really radiant and it's especially obvious since your tone is very porcelain.

I'm so happy for you that KH is providing such wonderful results considering, like you said, a month ago, things were less than stellar!!

BTW, your hair looks fab now!

_________________
42; medium, warm-toned; large pores prone to congestion; oily; using Karin Herzog exclusively right now!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 30 Dec 2005
Posts: 1862
Thu May 08, 2008 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Doh, forgot to say "thanks", everyone. I am over the moon with the progress/results from using Karin Herzog's products. When I decided to change things up from my former 2.5 year staples and fore go the acids/onslaught as Blues pointed out the 302 Dr. Huber preaches, I was researching new lines and happened upon this thread.

I watched it for a bit, then caved, and am really happy I did. While the 302 line is intriguing to me, I'm very reluctant to not use KH because I just love how it has improved my skin even more than what I had previously accomplished.

BTW, I'm on a break from rolling my face with my friendly 1.5mm roller and so I am now finding that my small scars and large pores are continuing to improve each day. I believe this is due to the natural collagen being laid down from rolling as well as the nourishment and rebuilding that's happening due to using KH.

I really cannot express how happy I am with this line. It's stellar, for me, anyway.

_________________
42; medium, warm-toned; large pores prone to congestion; oily; using Karin Herzog exclusively right now!
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 26 Oct 2004
Posts: 351
Thu May 08, 2008 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Gosh, Scalawaggirl and Vonstella both of you look beautiful. When you skin looks this good it just makes you feel great.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Thu May 08, 2008 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
Vonstella! Your skin is beautiful. Amazing results and I'm so happy for you. I remember when you were starting to grow out your hair. It's adorable on you.

Well girls, the proof is in the pudding, eh?

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Thu May 08, 2008 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Oh. And Von, can I please borrow your lips, just one night? Surprised

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
havana8
Moderator

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Sep 2005
Posts: 3386
Thu May 08, 2008 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
This will be the blackout section Laughing but in case this is helpful to those with sensitive skin like myself, here's what I didn't have problems with and where I went wrong.

For me, the Oxygen Face Cream was very gentle and did not cause any breakouts, redness, increased dryness or irritation. I only had one sample but using it sparingly, found that it lasted for quite a few days. The H Cream was also very non-irritating for me and kind of lovely.

Where I went wrong was in choosing the Vita A Kombi 2 which is totally not suitable for my skin. After a week and a half, I experienced two *huge* zits (I rarely breakout), lots of irritation plus persistent redness that would not dissipate as well as a bit of soreness. So don't do that! LOL. Wrong product for me but according to the description, right product for those with "acneic skin, thicker skin, smokers and ethnic skin types". Even at that, the universal recommendation is for everyone to start with Vita A Kombi 1.

*What I should have done* is use the Oxygen Face Cream for a few weeks as BluesHeart did and then incorporate the Vita A Kombi 1 along with the Vita K Oil. I was planning to do that but for some reason got caught up in the thread and stopped thinking. Embarassed Confused

I'm probably in the minority here, but I initially *hated* the perfumey smell of the VK2 and found it very hard to take. I also found that it made my eyes burn, sting and water like crazy for some time after application, kind of like when you are cutting onions. I didn't experience eye stinging like that with the Oxygen Face Cream, though, and wonder if the combo of the hydrogen peroxide and the perfume scent was too much for me? (The Oxygen Face is sour smelling IMO although some have said they can't smell anything with it.)

One other mistake I made was with the scrub. If you can use manual exfoliants, you might be okay with this one. I know in advance that I usually can't but got swayed with optimism by the name Mild Scrub. LOL. I then further compounded the error by immediately following it with the Essential Mask with the 2% oxygen/hydrogen peroxide. Together, they were too much for my skin which ended up looking terrible all day. If you do end up trying these two, it might be an idea to use each of them alone a few times until you see how you react before combining them in a treatment stream. I found the Essential Mask a lovely mask to use by itself before LED and while the eye stinging was present, it was minimal for me.

One last thing... even if you skip the Oxygen Face Cream and start with the Vita A Kombi 1, make sure to have the Oxygen Face Cream on hand to address any undesirable things that may pop up. I sure wish I did. Wink
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Thu May 08, 2008 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
I'm really glad you posted this, Havana. I had to push her a little. LOL. But I think it's important to share all our knowledge as we figure out what works and what doesn't. I think she has a very good point that if you tend to be dry or sensitive then start with the Vita 1.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
havana8
Moderator

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 09 Sep 2005
Posts: 3386
Thu May 08, 2008 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:
I'm really glad you posted this, Havana. I had to push her a little. LOL. But I think it's important to share all our knowledge as we figure out what works and what doesn't. I think she has a very good point that if you tend to be dry or sensitive then start with the Vita 1.


More than a little. Laughing Also don't do too much at once or rush it as I did. Better to let your skin acclimate first over time and proceed slowly and sparingly. Jumping in with full force as many of the others were able to do (lucky ducks! Confused ) just wasn't the right approach for me and my sensitive skin with this line.
lilredhead
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 25 Mar 2008
Posts: 117
Thu May 08, 2008 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Just checking in and want to say that you ladies look FAB!! Very Happy Now, I've been using the KH and alternating with the 302 drops and eye serum for a week. Still no irritation and I haven't lost any of the benefits that I've gained with the KH. I pretty much use the entire KH line... yes, I am hooked... I've had the benefits that you ladies have all described. With the addition of the 302 line I've noticed more fullness to my skin. It seems plumper or something. Anyways, for me these 2 lines seem to complement each other nicely. If what Dr. Huber says is correct and actives stay in your skin for several days I think that the KH creams are probably inducing a deeper penetration of the Avogen. I am taking time off of dermarolling right now but can't wait to see what sort of results I'll see when I start back up again!!! Razz Also, my skin type is fine, thin small pored and delicate with a tendancy toward dryness. I do get hormonal breakouts sometimes, though. The
only bad thing is that I have an entire tube of VAK with AHA that I can't use anymore!!! Alas maybe I'll use it up on my chest or something!!! Wink
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Thu May 08, 2008 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
lilredhead wrote:
Just checking in and want to say that you ladies look FAB!! Very Happy Now, I've been using the KH and alternating with the 302 drops and eye serum for a week. Still no irritation and I haven't lost any of the benefits that I've gained with the KH. I pretty much use the entire KH line... yes, I am hooked... I've had the benefits that you ladies have all described. With the addition of the 302 line I've noticed more fullness to my skin. It seems plumper or something. Anyways, for me these 2 lines seem to complement each other nicely. If what Dr. Huber says is correct and actives stay in your skin for several days I think that the KH creams are probably inducing a deeper penetration of the Avogen. I am taking time off of dermarolling right now but can't wait to see what sort of results I'll see when I start back up again!!! Razz Also, my skin type is fine, thin small pored and delicate with a tendancy toward dryness. I do get hormonal breakouts sometimes, though. The
only bad thing is that I have an entire tube of VAK with AHA that I can't use anymore!!! Alas maybe I'll use it up on my chest or something!!! Wink


That is exciting news!! I'm so glad it's working for you.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 656
Thu May 08, 2008 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:
M'kay, here ya go. No makeup at all in natural lighting. You can see on my lower cheek the faint post acne marks, fading daily. Considering about a month ago my cheeks and chin were literally covered in blood red marks-Im thrilled! Extreme eye bags are gone too! Never had better faster results with ant other line.

Image

Btw, the spots on my lower lip and right by my eye are actually the result of getting woken up by a metal toy truck being smashed on my face this morning, not acne! Razz


Vonstella, gosh, you are so beautiful!! I mean really, you are stunning.
Your skin looks really good. I am so glad you mentioned your acne scars as I have many of those as well. I'll take the 'before' and 'after' picks so we can compare once I have a month or so under my belt.
If only my order would arrive soon Pray .

_________________
44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Feb 2003
Posts: 1044
Fri May 09, 2008 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone....I have a couple of questions if someone doesn't mind answering them for me.

1) Has anyone had any kind of irritation with the Oxygen Eye Cream. Would it be good for someone with very sensitive eyes?

2) What is the difference between the Vit-A-Kombi-oil and the Apricot Oil and is one better than the other for sensitive skin? Must this oil be used under the Vit-A-Kombi creams?

Vonstella....I can see your picture and I would really like to. All I see is a little square that says image has been deleted or moved??? I would really like to see the results of KH because I know you're just raving about them.
tuningmyheart
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Posts: 176
Fri May 09, 2008 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Scally your skin looks so radiant-
Vonstella I also am unable to see your pic-sigh...

I just got my notice from JoElla that my order is being processed- yippee
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Fri May 09, 2008 8:47 am      Reply with quote
leeleedeedee wrote:
Hello everyone....I have a couple of questions if someone doesn't mind answering them for me.

1) Has anyone had any kind of irritation with the Oxygen Eye Cream. Would it be good for someone with very sensitive eyes?

2) What is the difference between the Vit-A-Kombi-oil and the Apricot Oil and is one better than the other for sensitive skin? Must this oil be used under the Vit-A-Kombi creams?

Vonstella....I can see your picture and I would really like to. All I see is a little square that says image has been deleted or moved??? I would really like to see the results of KH because I know you're just raving about them.


Leelee,
havana's post should be helpful to you. The Vita Kombi oil probably would best be avoided by someone such as yourself. The oil does NOT have to be used under the Vita Kombis. They recommend it if you tend to be drier or while your skin is adjusting to the Oxygen. I chose to use it because I tend to be dry but I'm not sensitive. I love it but I use the Vita Kombi oil. The apricot oil is just that...apricot oil I imagine if you have an oil you know works well with your skin then you could use that as well.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 22 Feb 2003
Posts: 1044
Fri May 09, 2008 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the info BluesHeart. Yes, Havana's post is very helpful but I was a tad confused on the two oils and the differences between them. So, thank's a lot for clearing up that issue for me.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Jun 2005
Posts: 745
Fri May 09, 2008 9:51 am      Reply with quote
I've been avoiding reading this thread since it was started and now i've read it i'm thinking about trying the line Embarassed I'm just debating whether to go for the Vita A Kombi 2 or Vita A Kombi 1. I 'think' my skin is quite thick and I do smoke.... but at the same time my skin is quite sensitive and I don't want to break out since my skin has been behaving itself recently.

After reading Havana's lastest post i'm reconsidering going for the Vita A Kombi 1....anyone have any suggestions.

Also, one further question. I've been using Mama Lotion a couple of times a week at night, can I continue to use this if using the KH line, or would I have to discontinue my use? TIA
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Jun 2005
Posts: 745
Fri May 09, 2008 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Oh...forgot to also ask, for those with oily congested skin have you found any reduction in blackheads whilst using KH products?
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Fri May 09, 2008 9:55 am      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
I've been avoiding reading this thread since it was started and now i've read it i'm thinking about trying the line Embarassed I'm just debating whether to go for the Vita A Kombi 2 or Vita A Kombi 1. I 'think' my skin is quite thick and I do smoke.... but at the same time my skin is quite sensitive and I don't want to break out since my skin has been behaving itself recently.

After reading Havana's lastest post i'm reconsidering going for the Vita A Kombi 1....anyone have any suggestions.

Also, one further question. I've been using Mama Lotion a couple of times a week at night, can I continue to use this if using the KH line, or would I have to discontinue my use? TIA


My suggestion would be yes, start with the VK1. I would not suggest the Mama lotion though I've not used them before. I got greedy and tried NCN's pumpkin mask and had a mess on my hands. The Oxygen makes other products more potent. If you LOVE the Mama then I would at least wait a while before trying to add it in. You could also add the mama after applying the VK1. Are you wanting to change pigmentation?

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Fri May 09, 2008 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
Oh...forgot to also ask, for those with oily congested skin have you found any reduction in blackheads whilst using KH products?


I know someone whose ridding herself of blackheads she's had a looong time. Also, I believe Scally has posted regarding her blackheads going. I had some small tiny ones on the side of my nose and they are gone. Do note however that most of us believe it's the cleansing cream that takes care of the blackheads.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 11 Jun 2005
Posts: 745
Fri May 09, 2008 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply!
I'm using the Mama Lotion as an attempt to reduce blackheads, since they are the bane of my life.
I've also got lots of small broken capillaries, so perhaps the KH line would be the way to go.
I've heard good things about the Cleansing Cream namely the Chocolate one. I was going to try the Cleansing Milk first to use with my Clarisonic but perhaps I'll try the Cleansing Cream aswell.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 1880
Fri May 09, 2008 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
Thanks for the reply!
I'm using the Mama Lotion as an attempt to reduce blackheads, since they are the bane of my life.
I've also got lots of small broken capillaries, so perhaps the KH line would be the way to go.
I've heard good things about the Cleansing Cream namely the Chocolate one. I was going to try the Cleansing Milk first to use with my Clarisonic but perhaps I'll try the Cleansing Cream aswell.


Sel, I think the cleansing cream would be your best bet of course, no promises, as you well now.

_________________
Recent Karin Herzog convert.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:00 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Peter Thomas Roth Acne Spot and Area Treatment (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Instant Revitalizing Mask (90 ml / 3 floz) Payot Techni Liss First First Wrinkles Smoothing Care (50 ml / 1.6 floz)